3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   High Proten Diet ;pinkroses (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/82961-high-proten-diet-%3Bpinkroses.html)

pinkroses 04-29-2006 02:18 PM

High Proten Diet ;pinkroses

Hello, I have been ordered on a high protein dite, I have no muscle tone. I am a Diabetect. Which probably has sometlhing to do with that.
I am driniking the Attakins protien choclate, shakes. Also the pain dr. told me to had more white meat, and salmon. Which I have.
I already eat white rice. I also have Severe Reluxe disease.
I have excersised for years. I thought excersings was suppose to build up muscle tone.
Any ideas? Thanks. PINKROSES.

Mel 04-29-2006 03:39 PM

Diabetics can build muscle very well. I know diabetic body builders. What kind of exercise are you doing?

White rice is a very high glycemic (starchy) carbohydrate and has nothing to do with high protein.

You said you are seeing a "pain" doc. What is causing the pain?

Give us a little more information here about your nutrition, health status and exactly what kind of exercise you do and maybe we can make some suggestions. :)

Mel

pinkroses 04-30-2006 02:33 PM

These are the problems I am facing.
Arthiris everywhere. Taking pain med for that.
Severe Refluxe disease. I can't tolorate wheat products.
Diabetect.
suffer from depression Take efforxe for that and nerves.
And no muscle tone.

I do 12 strengtenings excerses with the 2 lbs. dumbell 20 sets with each are and hand and do some leg lifts. I cannot get on the floor cause I can't do much with my knees.
I ride a restisence bike that has a regular seat for around 18 to 20 minutes.
I can't walk outside because I fell 3 times last summer.
I also have bladder problems ; but cannot take pills for that cause it hurts my stomach to bad.
I have did these excerises well over 10 years or more. I have lost 1 and 1/2 dress size. Thanks PINKROSES

srmb60 04-30-2006 02:44 PM

So are you asking for suggestions for a higher protein diet? and muscle strengthening exercises?

pinkroses 05-02-2006 07:58 PM

Well maybe a little of all, I need some ideas about other food that will have a high protien count. I have been eating more fish more white meat as my doctor suggest.
I have lost some since starting that and drinking the shakes I believe around 13 lbs. Which isn't bad for me.
Also are the strengthening excesing enoug for me if I do them regulaly? Thank you for all of your help. It does help me. PLINKROSES

srmb60 05-03-2006 12:00 AM

You may want to try a little heavier weights. Can you find 3 lbs or 5 lbs?

QuilterInVA 05-03-2006 04:49 PM

You can get whey protein at the health food store and make your own shake. The one I get for my husband who needs extra protein due to health problems has 56 grams of protein in each scoop. It's pricy but equals a whole lot of meat.

pinkroses 05-03-2006 08:23 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I will get a 3 lb. and see if that is to heavy.
Thanks for the advice and suggestiongs. PINKROSES