3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Fibromyalgia #152 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/81350-fibromyalgia-152-a.html)

Joanne D 04-17-2006 07:02 PM

Hey There

We had a quiet Easter. Louie and I went out to eat and then was invited to our son's for desert.. Ijust have to get back in line with my eating. The trouble is Orthodox Easter is this coming weekend. We are going to our daughters for that. There will be too much food and not enough will power.
I didn't sleep last night. I let things upset me and then I can't sleep. Silly me. My daughter says tomorrow is another day.. Sometimes I feel if I could excape to the backwoods or somewhere where there are no issues I would LOVE IT!I don't think there is such a place...
Hello everybody...Joanne

Tammy 04-17-2006 08:56 PM

Mima, congrats to your daughter on losing 25 pounds! How did she do it? Has to be nice to be back around so many familiar faces.

Joanne, I will go with you somewhere where there are no issues!! One night last week I seriously considered driving to the other house and just sleeping on the couch that night. Nothing super bad had happened, but I just felt like I wanted to get away. I changed my mind when I remembered that the couches were in the garage with stuff stacked on top of them. So much for that idea!! I'm with you about getting things under control. Bob even said today that he has to do something. I know he has put on some weight (maybe the beer???).

Today was my 2nd time for therapy on my back. Trying to get my muscles stretched out. On some of the exercises, I have trouble with my right leg, and on others the left leg causes the problems. They think maybe I've been trying to alleviate my back pain by walking a certain way, and that has just messed me up. The doctor's office called to discuss my back x-ray results, but I had just left for therapy. I'll call in the morning and try to get some info.

Mima 04-18-2006 05:58 AM

My back problem originates in my legs, Sometimes I go down my calves with my fingers and they hurt a lot . My right leg is worse, My other masseuse told me that. I went for a walk last night but had to come home because my ingrown toenail was hurting!!!I try to keep a small piece of cotton wedged under it.
Suzanne belongs to WW on line. It's not as expensive and she logs in her food everyday and weighs in on Friday. She also goes to the gym a lot-She is more motivated this time than she's ever been.
I called Jessica last night and she hadn't filed her taxes. Her dysfunctional mother said she had 3 years to file. I told her she can't get her money if she doesn't and to go to the PO today and get the forms and I will help her over the phone. It never stops . She knew that she had to do it-just has no one to guide her, Next year, I will ask her earlier. She lives in the next state.
Well, rheumo today. And I tried to call other doc but they were off yesterday. So I will call safter the first appt-they are very close together, I bet they will let me come in. Stomache of course. And I will throw in the ingrown toenail.
Joanne, I know what you mean about worry. Someone said to put it all in a bag and give it to God. Sometimes I say the Our Father over and over again to help me go back to sleep.
Bye for now Mima

Joanne D 04-18-2006 11:32 AM

Hey There

Mima- I doubt even God would want some of my problems...I fixed my ingrown toe nail.. I cut the corner of the nail that was hurting and pulled the ingrown out. Only hurt for a minute. The next morning I didn't know I ever had it.So far so good. I know it will grow back and I will have to do it again. better than the pain.
Tammy..I often want to run away but something stops me..South Beach diet is a Good way to lose weight. I lost 60 lbs with WW before I joined TOPS. Then 14 more on SB. It is easier if you can get your family to do it with you. My hubby was pretty good but I had to cook different for him. I still do sometimes. He wants his carbs.Carbs are my biggest problem. I need to get back my motivation and buckle down..I am trying to get back to my walking. I used to walk 3-4 miles a day. I haven't walked in months. No excuse. I have a fancy Treadmill and beachs near by.I get busy and the time goes by. I will have to schedule like I did before.Be accountable...Write it down.Maybe if I do some of that ,I might not run away..:D
Hello Meme- How was your Easter?
Joanne

Tammy 04-18-2006 08:50 PM

Mima, I've considered rejoining WW. I know it would help keep me "honest" with my journaling if I had to weigh in each week. I have had ingrown toenails before and they HURT!! Hope you are able to see the doctor. Take care of yourself!!

Joanne, you should go take care of Mima's toe. Then you could visit!! I agree about SB diet. I did that for a few months and lost quite a bit. Over the past year, I've put about half of it back on. I know the meds are part of the problem, but I'm a part of the problem too. The water aerobics classes are helping me with the exercise. Also since we moved, it's much easier to walk. There is a sidewalk here!! I feel safer not walking on a highway.

My rheum. called today about the x-rays that I had done. She said it is arthritis. I was hoping that they would find something that could be fixed. I've been a bit down most of the day, but I'm just going to have to do something about it.

Today was our last day of spring break. Back to the old grind tomorrow. I'm sure the kids will be thrilled to be back.

Mima 04-19-2006 08:19 AM

Tammy-I have been using Aspercreme on my sore spots/ It helps and it doesn't smell. Used something else and Brad couldn't sleep with me. I hurt my leg yesterday cleaning the den-was on the floor to clean my computer table. Getting rid of stuff!!!!!!!!!!Love it. Have only basic stuff in Fl. Love that.
Listened to a great message on worry by the Pastor of McGregor. It's online. http://www.mcgregorbaptist.org and choose the Pastor's sermons. August 25. Of course we miss him.
I couldn't see my regular doc-he is in Fl-I am sure it's Naples-2 towns away from where we live. Will see him Monday-in the meantime I am putting a small piece of cotton under the nail. Walked further last night-got asthma!!! Lots of pollen and dust here.
Angela told me that she and Brett were quitting smoking-my reaction was that she has been smoking all the time she's pregnant. Her aunt is dying of cancer from smoking.
Bye for now. Mima Hope you don't get storms, Meme

Mima 04-20-2006 07:09 AM

Move over Joanne-I clipped my toenail. Mima

Tammy 04-20-2006 08:22 PM

Mima, I need to go to WalMart for some things, maybe I'll find some aspercreme to use on the back. Good for you on getting rid of things! Feels good, doesn't it? I can't believe how much we have for the auction. I never dreamed that we would have as much as we do. Just hope it sells. lol

The wind just started picking up. I know it's supposed to rain later. There's a bush of some kind behind the house and I can smell the flowers on it! Wonderful!!

Mima 04-21-2006 06:01 AM

Tammy-I missed the part about an auction-for who. I wonder if there is a fungus under my toenail?? Ick!! Doc's Monday-he can advise me from stomache to toe. Having a lot of trouble deaing with DIL -I hear expectations of us being grandparents who take care of grch. I wrote her a long e-mail about my physical condition and IT DIDN"T GO THROUGH and now it's lost/ I took it as a sign that I was not supposed to send it. This morning I took na step back and wrote myself a list of what I see in her. Don't get me wrong, she is a sweet girl, and we always get along. But I figured out that she's always been taken care of. So she still expects that. You can't change other people but you can change yourself and that would be the limits you set. So that's that for today. I left for FL right after they married so we didn't have to deal with this. Now we are home and it's staring me in the face. Of course, she is only 25. It's difficult to know when to be a Christian and when you are enabling.
Supposed to take girlfriend out for her bd-she had a stomache bug yesterday so not sure, Amazingly, my stomache has been better,
I love the flowers in the spring. Mima

MemeToo 04-21-2006 01:04 PM

Mima ... I have a DIL like that ... She was only 18 when they got married and she's 37 now with kids ages 8 & 11 ... I could write a book (actually I could probably write several and a couple of magazines)! :p I'm careful because I want to be able to have a relationship with my son and grandchildren. Otherwise ... I'd speak my mind more. Probably a good (or God) thing that you lost your email! Sometimes He looks out for us ... even in Cyberspace! ;)

We've been having severe T-storms here for 2 days and I'm about tired of them. Ross is giving his mom a fit so I'm supposed to have him from tonight until Sun. night. They can't cope anymore. Pastor at the old church is still blabbing my name all over everywhere I guess ... that's what I'm hearing anyway. Even got news of a preacher in MI he had spoken to about me. I talked to 2 other ministers about my situation and asked their advise ... one said to just pray for the man because there wasn't much else to be done if he wanted to talk about me ... the other said go to him and tell him I was sorry if I had done anything to cause him to feel that way about me and then I would be relieved of any responsibility. Hubby said I didn't do anything to him and he didn't think it would do any good to go to him ... just get something else started ... so ... back to square one because I've been praying for him for weeks. Maybe he'll realize that his vendetta isn't doing anyone any good and wind down eventually ... but by then many people are going to think I'm a terrible person. I hate that. But ... I don't hate him ... I actually feel sorry for him. He should do like me, let it go and move on. I really like the church we're going to so far. It's like you've hit the easy button when you walk inside. There's a thing or two that hubby is not crazy about but there's always something about every church that doesn't suit everybody. I'd be happy going where my kids go to church but he doesn't like the music there. (I love it!!!) Always something! I guess I'm just not too hard to please! :dizzy:

Mima ... hope you get your toe fixed. A sore toe is the pits - as is a backache, nither is any fun. I think I'm going to call my Dr. in Nashville and ask him to call me in some prednisone. I've got to have something. I've been in the bed for 3 days. :(

Tammy 04-21-2006 06:03 PM

Mima, we are having an auction at the old house of all of the stuff we didn't move to the new house. There is another family having it with us, so we'll be splitting the cost of the auctioneer, advertising, etc.

Meme, I'm glad you like the new church. Hope you get to feeling better. I just came from therapy for my back, and right now it feels ok. I like the ultrasound thing. Feels good.

MemeToo 04-22-2006 02:26 AM

I got the prednisone from my Rheumatologist in Nashville so maybe I'll feel better in a few days. He usually comes through for me, thank goodness. It's the 6,5,4,3,2,1 dose pack and I usually start feeling better by the time I get it down to 3 pills. That's 105 milligrams altogether ... 21 pills in just 6 days. I'm just going through a rough spot right now ... lots of stress all around ... and that makes us all hurt worse. I haven't been eating like I should, either. More because of stress, again, I think. Funny how we seem to blame everything on that, huh? :p This, too, will pass ... always does. Then something else will eventually pop up. That's life. Happens to everybody that has one. Guess that's what makes us who we are. Read the story about the butterfly:

http://www.memeart.com

Mima 04-22-2006 06:54 AM

Good morning. I tried to lower my small dose of pred. and I couldn't do it. Doc wanted to change my med but it was sulphur and that makes me nauseous. Hope the auction goes well Tammy. It's fun when you do it with others.
All I have been doing is cleaning, throwing, saving for the flea market at church. Gotta slow down. Hurt today-it's going to pour for a day and a half- and then rain. Brad is renting a digger to drill holes for the deck-he had to take it off when he put a foundation under the house. I will be glad to get it back on.
We have to go to KMart to get a bd present for my step grandaughter-the one they are trying to get me to take care of. I heard someone on Today talk about a book about children who think they are entitled. Kids born after 1970. And how we raised them that way. I could make a long list of young adults who are like that and the parents that give in to it. So it's our fault!!It was a good discussion.
Bye for now. Mima

Joanne D 04-22-2006 11:18 AM

Hey There

When it rains it pours! Only we aren't getting the wet stuff from the sky.. We were all ready to leave for our daughters wednesday night. My hubby got up early Thursday to pack the car.He had a spell with his heart. To make a long story short it didn't take long for the paramedics to get here as they are just around the corner.They kept him in hospital for over 24 hous and let him come home. It was really scary for a few hours. I stayed with him and was really tired last night. Now we have our daughter here and her hubby. Greek easter this Sunday. I guess we will be cooking. Yuck!
I have the toenail fungus too. I have been using tea tree oil,vicks vapor rub and my daughter told me last night to use monostat.. Won't hurt to try.
Joanne

Happy Canuk 04-22-2006 01:50 PM

Hi everybody.

Mima - sounds like you are back to normal. Hope you can get your toe fixed up. That is painful. Cleaning out stuff and getting rid of it is very uplifting. The "me" generation is what that is called. However, it started in the 1970's. First "me" and THEN the others. That's the way that works and it is going to be a pretty sad world they will live in.

Tammy - glad the therapy is doing some good. Stretching is soooo important. An auction sounds like fun.

Joanne - sorry tohear about your hubby. Hope he is resting well, and for that matter, you as well. It is very stressful when something like this happens.

Meme - Sounds like you might have found a new church. I hope you will be happy there. Let the old minister throw all the stones he wants. It sure isn't very Christian like, but you will be fine. People who know you know he is being mean, and those that don't, well, it doesn't really matter.

Have been having another bout with the old sinuses. It's that time of year, I guess. Had a terrible sore throat for 3 days, did lot's of gargling with salt water, and that has helped immensley.

Hope everybody has a nice day.