Dieting with a Cold

• Okay, so a head cold may not be a real "obstacle," but I'm wondering if anyone else has a problem with overeating when they have one. I'm suffering from a nasty cold - stuffy nose, scratchy throat, and all-over achiness - and I'm having trouble with overeating. Basically, I eat until I'm stuffed - way past the point of "full" to the point where my stomach says "no more, please!" It's like, if I can't taste the food (which I can't since I'm all congested), I can't control how much of it I take in. Anybody else have this problem?
  • Hey sorry to hear that you have a nasty head cold and hope you feel better!! However when I am sick I am the completely different ....I lose my appetite completly!!
  • hey sorry to hear that you are sick.

i actually find that when i'm sick i'm more lethargic and i don't eat, i also don't exercise.

i would suggest just drinking alot of liquids, green tea, juice.
    hope that you feel better soon!!
    <3
  • Feed a cold. Starve a fever. I'm more likely to want comfort food when I have a cold. I'm normally not a soup eater but I love chicken noodle soup and usually a sandwich - bland like egg salad - to provide mouth comfort. Maybe if you eat soup or liquids first, you will fill up faster and not do so much damage. Hope you're better soon.
  • Thank you for the get well wishes! I'm still battling my cold AND the overwhelming desire to overeat. I keep wanting warm stuff (warm bread, soup). FOr some reason, when I'm sick, I just never feel full. I know that it's pretty much the opposite of what most people feel. I think it has something to do with not being able to smell or taste what I'm eating. When I can't smell or taste it, for some reason it doesn't seem to register as "eaten" and I don't get full. Oh well, hopefully it'll go away soon!