Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #1  

Default Arthristis Yes You Can! Study from Arthritis Foundation looking for participants

Stanford, UC-Chapel Hill, CDC & Arthritis Foundation are conduction a study for the Arthritis Yes I Can! at home program. I thought this might help some of us who are dealing with arthritis and/or Fibromyalgia in addition to trying to lose weight.

The at-home “Arthritis Yes I Can” tool kit contains tip sheets on such topics as pain, exercise and fatigue, along with exercise and relaxation CDs, and a new edition of The Arthritis Helpbook, also available in Spanish as Como Convivir con su Artritis. The tool kit and questionnaires will be mailed directly to participants at no cost to them. Participants need in the United States with arthritis, fibromyalgia, or pain in their joints are welcome to participate if they are age 18 or older and are willing to spend eight to 12 hours in self-study over four to six weeks.

Arthritis Yes I Can! study- for more information & how to contact them to express interest in participating in the study. I sent my email this morning & I know a couple people who have been accepted already. I figure the relaxation CD & book will be worth the time it takes to answer questionnaires.
Stanford, UC-Chapel Hill, CDC & Arthritis Foundation are conduction a study for the Arthritis Yes I Can! at home program. I thought this might help some of us who are dealing with arthritis and/or Fibromyalgia in addition to trying to lose weight.

The at-home “Arthritis Yes I Can” tool kit contains tip sheets on such topics as pain, exercise and fatigue, along with exercise and relaxation CDs, and a new edition of The Arthritis Helpbook, also available in Spanish as Como Convivir con su Artritis. The tool kit and questionnaires will be mailed directly to participants at no cost to them. Participants need in the United States with arthritis, fibromyalgia, or pain in their joints are welcome to participate if they are age 18 or older and are willing to spend eight to 12 hours in self-study over four to six weeks.

Arthritis Yes I Can! study- for more information & how to contact them to express interest in participating in the study. I sent my email this morning & I know a couple people who have been accepted already. I figure the relaxation CD & book will be worth the time it takes to answer questionnaires.
christineu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:10 AM   #2  

I sent my email to them, too. Here's hoping I hear back...it sounds great. Thanks SO much for posting this!!!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:23 AM   #3  

Hi - I also emailed them as my arthritis in my hip keeps me from walking very much -- and I REALLY need to exercise. Bad. Have either of you heard back from them yet? I haven't gotten anything yet...
mudbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #4  

I haven't heard back either. I really hope I do.
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #5  

I emailed them also, and I haven't heard anything either.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote