Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #136  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Lots and lots of water, Dianne. When you have to go at least once an hour, you'll be getting close to the right amount for food--bashing. Congratulations on your recent educational success.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #137  

Cool

Hi, all. Glen, glad your bsl has come down. Dianne - congratulations on your degree. You'll get your further degrees in no time. As for the food urges, I have them too and am trying to fight them off right now. We discussed emotional eating in my weight maintenance class this week. There is no cure for it. Try to analyze your emotions, take a few deep breaths and consume water. Maybe try eating something healthy like apples or carrots to give you some mouth satisfaction.
Susan - I live in San Francisco. There are plenty of opportunities for healthful eating if you avoid the junk food tourist traps. And lots of good walking! You might want to bring an umbrella since it's raining today and supposed to rain tomorrow too. Enjoy your stay.
Meowee. Hope your tests went well. I hate it when I have to fast because I can't eat late at night like I'm used to and of course I start craving food. Put a little heat on that knee to relax the muscle.
Well, I was up a lb at the official weigh-in. Am having difficulty getting back on program. It's all the anxiety I'm experiencing. Afraid to take valium because although it helps calm me, it also makes me want to eat.
Have a nice weekend all.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:10 PM   #138  
Onward and Downward

Hello all . . . nothing exciting around here. The sun is shining now, although it was pretty foggy earlier. The knee is still sore and since I have to go out for a few groceries, it will probably be worse later on.

Have a great weekend. Here's some to help us along. I know I'll need it.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:34 PM   #139  

Morning everyone..i thought spring had come as every thing was melting yesterday and got up this am to more snow ..i am going shopping today with my daughter..lunch and afternoon bingo.. a girls day out..hope im a winner..ill let you all know when i get back..meowee take care of that knee..seems at my age something is always hurting..i just take advil and go anyways have agreat day everyone.. make good choices for your self..(((((((hugs))))))))) rosey
Old 03-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #140  

morning everyone..cant beleave im the only one here this am..i had a really nice time yesterday but didnt win at bingo..enjoyed my dd company and i also got myself a flat screen mointer for my puter and she installed it for me..lunch was nice .. i had a french dip sandwich and a salad..my sl were 110 this am..i had zero pt soup for supper..its a ww recipe and made with v8 juice and lots of vegies..its cloudy and cold this am..am planning on being lazy today..hope you all had a fun weekend too((((((((hugs))))))) rosey
Old 03-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #141  
Inchworm

Smile H

Just stopping in to say Hi.
Not much going on, still dragging around this 4 or 5 lb boot that I have to wear, makes me mindful of the other extrra weight iI have with me all of the time.
I hope I can get back on the exercise bike soon, probably in a week or 2.
My fasting BS are still up and down.
We took the in-laws to Johnny Carino's for lunch today for their anniversary, I had seafood fettucinni and only ate half, so I felt pretty good about that. I didn't even ask for a third basket of bread! And when I went to WAL mart, I walked right past the marshmalow Cheeps without adding them to my basket!
WOW! did i feel superior!!
Diane, Congrats on your degree! do you have plans in the works for ordination?
Josian, When is your wedding planned for? I think it was you that was coming to Boise, were you here for the big storm yesterday??? It was a biggy, lots of rain and wind. the buttes behind my house are covered with snow again this morning! I'm 35 miles from Boise.
AKROSEY too bad you didn't win the bucks and Bingo but am sure it was a fun girls day out with DD.
I went to a Red Hat luncheon yesteray with some other ladies from our Auxiliary group, and had a nice time. Lunch was all salads, but am sure I over did anyhow. although, I didn't overdo with my other 2 meals, so wasn't too bad.

Keep on keeping on, sounds like most are doing well!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:15 PM   #142  

Thanks Gmali, I do indeed have plans in mind for when all the paperwork is fully ironed out. I am going to be avaliable for spiritual advise for prison inmates and the local elderly who are unable to attend church as they would like. A slightly different course for me regarding the inmates as I used to be for a while, a prison guard back in england. I will also be helping with local churches in fundraising and other efforts as well as being avaliable for other clergy needs as required. I am not considering my own church ministry currently but who knows what opportunities lay in the future. I am however an archaeologist by true career path and have been recently looking into combining both by way of doing research into biblical archaeology, a mix of two things that considerably interest me! That however is still a way off as right now I am in limbo regarding my immigration status still in the US, ahh red-tape, got to love it >.<

So far so good on controlling the binges, the water is certainly helping! However I feel like a water balloon right now lol. I know I damaged my weight loss this last week, back to celery sticks for a while! BS is high right now 140-180s, got to work on getting those back down again, such a daunting and tedious task on a daily basis to deal with these problems, I really don't wish these issues on anyone.
Sorry to hear your knee is not so good meowee, take care of it lady, I want to hear you can run a marathon again here shortly!

Take care ladies, I'm going to settle into my recliner on this cold night and work a little more on this slow going cross stich of mine!

*hugs to all*
-Dianne xx
Old 03-26-2006, 10:41 PM   #143  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Hi all!

Back from Idaho, had a great time! Too bad I couldn't follow any diet rules, my BGs are too embarassing to post, but I will be back on track tomorrow with another monster dose of insulin tonight!

hi Lillie!!! And yes, that storm was brutal. We were all set to start BBQ'n when the rain and hail hit! Luckily it didn't last too long and the party was able to go off without a hitch. My SIL lives in Star-they just moved out there to a beautiful new place. We are looking to head up to that area in the next couple years, after the wedding (Nov 11) and we have a few things to do on our house to get it ready to sell. I want property for my critters!

Won't stick around long. Need to finish unpacking and get ready for my Sunday night shows.

Hugs,
Old 03-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello ,

I've been out of pocket since Wednesday when a friend and I left to go camping...

We got in this afternoon... just in time to unload and put stuff up.... get a shower etc and then head to church. We started revival today and I had nursery tonight... rocked and held a 2 month old and a 2 year old.... the two year old fell asleep in my lap....

we had a fantastic trip... lots of hiking in.... it was chilly we stayed in layers most of the time... and would take them off as we hiked... in all we got in 14 hours of hiking!!! Woohoo!!! we even got in a 4+ mile hike one day- our first one that long at once.... it was awesome- we saw 4 waterfalls, crocus in the middle of the woods, wild violets, red buds blooming, dogwoods blooming.... we had ducks and geese at our campsite, a squirrel almost ate from my hand this morning... we had a campfire every night and curled up under the electric blanket when we went to bed... it was in the low 30's at night... but we were snug as bugs in a rug... we actually slept 10 or so hours each night....

food wise... we did ok... not perfect on the exchanges, but not bad... we did have marshmellows and s'mores with the campfires.... but my blood sugar has been normal... between 85 and 100 when I checked it...

I normally weigh on Sunday mornings at church (we have doctor scales there) and since I wasn't there this morning, I haven't weighed in....

Reba
Old 03-27-2006, 01:21 AM   #145  
No more tears!

Hi all! I been away for Awhile now im back. Well im doing good on my diet but it was that time of the month and i still got the water gain. I being going to the bathroom alot after my visitor leaves. Well i still havent went to a dietian yet cuz they keep rescheduling my appointments and im about to go crazy....lol cuz all i eat is green salad, baked chicken stripes, or chicken sandwiches on wheat bread, chicken wraps, chicken salad, hamburgers on wheat bread, special k or oatmeal for breakfast or special k for breakfast and lunch, green beans, apples and oranges. That is my menu for everyday. my breakfast, lunch,snack and dinner everyday and im so tired of eatting that.....lol but i dunno wat can i eat tho. Sometimes i might eat whole grain pasta with cheese but thats it. lastnight i ate 1 little piece of chocolate cake cuz i havent had none in a while. i ate it with my dinner, was that ok or not?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #146  
Inchworm

Default :)

Gracious Diane! You DO have big plans! good for you! It all sounds very worthwhile and exciting! Good luck with your immigration status. I understand that can be quite hassle.
Reba, sounds like a wonderful camping trip. You are using Byetta, aren't you? how did you handle that, keeping it cold and all? I worry about traveling with it...although I know it is done all the time.
BBW, having the cake depnds on what else you have eaten and what your BS is etc. etc. Sounds to me like you need to get some more veggies in your diet. (I need them too)
Josian so glad the storm didn't ruin the party. Brutal is the word for it , indeed!

Catch u later!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:22 AM   #147  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Hi ladies!

Back again this morning. BGs still a little high, so I'm going to wait until tonight to walk my Husky. I just blew it this weekend and its taking me a bit to get back on the straight and narrow.

I have my appointment for the girl stuff on Friday, so hopefully we can nip this weight gain in the butt!

hugs to you all! great choices and good vibes going out to everyone!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #148  
Onward and Downward

Hi everybody . . . sunny and relatively mild again today . . . sorry I missed talking to you yesterday . . . it just kind of sneaked by me.

Rosey . . . I call that "sanity soup" because it helps keep you going on some of those bad days. Sorry you didn't have another bingo win.

Lillie . . . that was great shopping, lady . . . very impressive.

Dianne . . . Biblical Archaeology sounds like an absolutely fascinating goal and your interim plans sound great too.

Josian . . . glad you had a good trip and I'm sure your BS will be back to normal in no time.

Reba . . . we missed you but glad you had fun . . . talk about great exercise. Watch out for those squirrels; they can bite.

BBW . . . welcome back, girl. I was worried about you. Too bad your appointment keeps getting changed, but, all things considered, your eating sounds pretty good.

Embarassed to admit, but I had a minor melt-down this morning. Had a serious and totally unexplained hypo in the middle of the night. BS of 2.7 (48) in spite of having had a good snack at bedtime. So I had a little bite to bring it back up and then I just kept on eating. Long story short . . . by 4 am I had consumed half my calories for the day. Oh well, stuff happens. Just had a nice bowl of 'sanity soup' for lunch with a small serving of kidney beans to give me a little carb and protein.

Talk to you later, gang. Keep on doing the right stuff and have a great day.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #149  
No more tears!

I ate a salad, 3 chicken strips and whole wheat toast with a lil piece of chocolate cake yesterday. I dont check my bs, should I? The doctor never told me i should.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:07 PM   #150  

Morning everyone.. i had a great night of sleep so am feeling fine this am..sometimes i just dont sleep well..think it goes with the age and then im tired and draggy during the day but not today ..my sl was 126 this am..it must have been the chocolate chip cookies i ate before bed not a good choice i know but there they were and i just couldnt resist..bbw.. yes u should check your sl before you eat and then 2 hrs after you eat so you know what foods make your sl go higher.. after awhile you get an idea what works for you and then you can test less frequently..a small piece of cake is ok just not every day..meowee im sick of "sanity soup" right now but yes it does help.. the dh cooked supper last night.. we had marinated moose steak cooked in the george foreman.. it tasted good but was so tough it was like chewing on an old boot..game meat is suppose to be lower in fat and calories and since my dh hunts we have lots of game meat..i told him we should slow cook the steaks ( from past experiments gone wrong) but he likes to mess in the kitchen once in awhile and im all for that..hello and (((((hugs)))) for all..have agreat day everyone..rosey
Closed Thread