New to boards- Fibro and Rare Nerve Problem

• Hello. I am a 22 year old female. I currently weight 268 pounds and have an ambitious goal to lose around fifty pounds by my wedding in August and then keep losing after that until I get down to a healthy weight.

My anasthologist told me I should try to get down to the recommended weight on one of the height weight charts (I'm 5'8'') which I think is too think, but he is the best anestheliogist, so I suppose I can try. I'm also supposed to work on building up abs of steel slowly and carefully. The reason for all of that is because I have abdominal wall nerve entrapment that acts up too often for my enjoyment. More often latley. Its the most painful thing I have ever experienced. The time before last that it flaired up I become tolerant to my darvocet and my local doctor couldn't see me and I couldn't get anything stronger than tylenol at the walk in clinic and the pain was so bad I just wanted to die. But then I go up to Mayo and I get an injection and it all goes away for a few months

I also have fibromyalgia. It all started a couple of years ago. I had been feeling run down from this strange fever I had had a couple months earlier when I got really sick with abdominal pain and nausea and terrible fatigue and weakness that kept getting worse. I had an ovarian cyst that eventually ruptered and that damaged the nerve in my abdominal wall. Took lots of months and doctors and then the trip up to Mayo to figure it out.

Now after I got the fibro and the abdominal pain my activity was severely limited. I was heavy before that. Several months before I had exerpimented with getting off of my antidepressant medications that I had been on for years (I weight about 220 then, was 200 before I was treated for H. Pylori. I miss my H. Pylori) and became depressed and ballooned up to about 240. After the fibro I eventually went up to 285.

Right now I am working on getting back on the weight loss wagon, so to speak. I have a wedding dress to fit into! Also, I think it is important to my health. Its important for the pain issues and my future health- I don't want to get high blood pressure or cholestorol. After a knee injury this fall, I don't want to subject my joints to more wear and tear. When my fiance and I decide to have children, I need to be healthy. I got out of physical therapy last year and am now on my own- because I finally made it to the point where I can lift ten pounds I am allowed to start using gym equiptment. So I signed up for a weight lifting/fitness class. I will also see the nutritionist again to make myself accountable.

One thing I find difficult is that I worry about exerting myself too much and not enough. I am afraid that if I overdo it than I won't be able to build my immune system back up. My fibro is getting better slowly, but I've had pneumonia three times in the past three months and that has been **** on my immune system and I keep running fevers and getting all sorts of things. But if I don't work out hard enough then I won't lose weight.

I also feel that routines are really important for me. But they are also something that I have to be able to through aside if need be to spend the day resting. I remember when all of this was so much easier- and I miss that.