Multiple Illnesses - need help

• I have been struggling with my weight for the past six years trying to figure out why i gained so much weight so fast and why i have such a hard time losing it. I eat organic foods, mostly vegetarian, sometimes I have chicken or turkey, but I mostly eat fish. I only eat fast food maybe once or twice a month. I only have sweets once or twice a month, I pretty much eat healthy, but I can't seem to lose not one pound!

now, on top of being disagnosed with fibromyalgia, anemia, sciatic, dermatographia and GERD, now I've just been informed that I have fibroid tumors (3 of them), which explains my bloated stomach.

can someone please tell me how to lose weight with all of these problems.

is there anyone on here who has had multiple illnesses that has lost weight?

please tell me how you did it
  • It sounds like you are doing a lot right. I have a lot of health problems, too, only sharing with you anemia, however. I'd recommend finding a good nutritionist in your area, who is willing to work with you and your preferences towards organic and semi-meatless lifestyle. Many nutritionist will tell anyone with health problems that it will be difficult to keep the meat out, but it is possible and probably more healthy. Are you able to excercise much? With all your conditions, and your healthy diet, it probably is not you fault that you are heavier. Ask your doctors and maybe around waiting rooms for a nutritionist.

Good luck and keep eating healthy! Even if you can't lose, a good diet is good for you!
  • thank you orfliv i appreciate it

the one thing that has annoyed me for so long is these sudden hunger spurts

its like twice a month i get so hungry, so much to the point where i look like a person who is compulsive. Its like i can't stop eating, then suddenly it will disappear. it happened to me night before last.

i was thinking about getting my adrenal glands checked
  • have you been tested for insulin resistance? it might explain the hunger spurts and difficulty losing weight.