Dieting with Diabetes#6

You're on Page 1 of 18
Go to
  • HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! i see we need a new thread.hi everyone. i am o.k. just not motivated. pat
  • good morning paperdoll. alls well here sugars are good.
  • hi there. im doing good. how was evrybody halloween?
  • Hi everyone.. just curious but why do we need a new thread?? is there a rule for number of posts?? wont people get confused when a new one is started?? its cold and sunny here today.. and we have snow ((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey
  • Hello everyone!
  • Hi, all. I'm doing well. Not losing weight fast enough to suit me, but I'm losing. Rosey, it doesn't matter how long the threads are. Some threads are more active and they start new ones more often, but this thread is so slow it doesn't matter. I guess Pat doesn't like them long. Anyway, we can still find the latest thread so I don't think we'll get lost.
  • is it alright to eat brococili and cheese w/o the fatty stuff and with low fat cheese?
  • bb yes glen
  • Hi, all. Where's everybody? BB- low fat cheese still has a lot of calories. You might want to just steam the broccoli and sprinkle a little grated parmesan on it for flavor. Reduces the fat and calories. Or maybe just put some I Can't believe it's not butter on it.

Well, folks, I have finally seen a British royal. Waited 31/2 hours yesterday to catch a glimpse of Charles & Camilla when they were in town. (Hope all that waiting burned a few calories).
  • Someone can send me some snow!
  • are feeling ok? why do want snow? my sugars are down. do you have snow yet rosey? if you do send it too mazarin. glen
  • I have lost 4 lbs . I am keeping this short as my sister passed away tues after a 3 yr battle with ovarion cancer. She is celebrating in heven with those that have gone ahead of us.
    I am trying to keep a close watch on my health-she might come down and kick my behind if I don't. She was like a little hovering hen to me. Take care and I'll be back later on. Love you all.
  • carol sorry to hear about your sister. glen
  • Hi everyone.. carol im so sorry for your loss am sending you a big (((((hug)))..things have been a bit topsy turvy here too..our neighbor and friend passed away from cancer too.. weve been friends for 30 yrs..so sad but hes not in pain anymore.. my dh and i have been helping the family and esp his widow..they been married 60 yrs have 8 kids 34 grkids and 15 and1/2 ggrkids..its cold here. has been below zero and snowing.. i stepped on a slpinter and injured my foot so ive been hobbling around.. we are told to be carful of our feet being a diebetic i went to the dr.. its better today tho.. other than that making plans for thanksgiving and xmas.. we have the biggest house so we have every one over..i love the holidays but this yr i refuse to bake..my sugars have come down into the 140's and lower and i dont want to mess that up again..((((((((((hugs))))))))))))for all rosey
  • hi everyone I am new here and I too have diabetes.. I am not proud to say this but I am NOT taking care of it like I should...which is sad because my Aunt just died this past summer from it and I know how serious it is I just don't do anything about it. Half the time I forget to take my meds, I never test my sugar...I don't know why it won't sink in my head..so I am hoping my joining a weight group not only will it help me lose weight maybe it will knock some sense into my head!!!!