should i raise my calorie intake?

• my current intake of calories are sometime less then 1200 but i eat alot of food but just smaller portions. I eat 3 times a day but i dont snack. I do a lil bit of exercise becuz i have mixed cerebral palsy and type 2 diabetes. I'm not on insulin or pills so should i increase it or leave it be? i take a multivitamin after lunch too.
  • Bb.. what did the doctor say.. didn't they give you guidelines on what you are supposed to be eating?? hugs! dona
  • That the thing.......he havent told me nuthing all they said was get on a 1200-1500 calorie diet and i have type 2 diabetes. he havent sent me to no dietiain or nuthing i am just wingyin this by ear
  • Hi!

Based on your weight you definitley need to raise your calorie intake. Even the thinnest adult should never eat below 1200 calories per day. Your body will think it's starving, your metabolism will slow down and your body will actually hang onto fat.

Melanie
  • bb is there diebetic clinic nesr you? they will help you. eat more and drink water it helps to flush your system. glen
  • ok i just measure my waist and it went up 4 inches from 49' to 51' inches and i being eating my calories and doing exercise 3 time a day. is the normal?