Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-01-2005, 09:07 AM   #16  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Forgetting to eat/forgetting that I already ate... Boy do I identify with that! No one else around me seems to understand that one. Think I'm making excuses. I try hard to get organized, but I just can't seem to keep it up. Breakfast and Lunch are scheduled automatically, by virtue of my work schedule, but Dinner isn't easy. I've just tried keeping a list of all the dinnery-type things I have available to cook posted on my refrigerator, and so far it does help a little.

SAM-e? I should look into that. I know that Ritalin isn't going to help forever, and I'd like not to have to get another perscription if I can help it. One of the ladies I work with has a family member on Straterra, but suffered terrible weight gain.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:28 AM   #17  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've always wondered why cafeine doesn't seem to affect me the way it does normal peope. I can drink a couple cans of diet mountain dew right before bed, and still fall right to sleep. I think I've been using it as a ritalin substitute without realizing it. I need to try the Sam-e, and see if I can reduce the cafeine some.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:33 AM   #18  
Former "Big Girl!"

I set my cell phone to sound an alarm when it is time for me to eat.

I prefer the SAM-e to the scripts because there are virtually no side effects. That is why I give it to my son. He was so very thin! The scripts killed his appetite. Now he is finally gaining. I don't have much of an appetite with it, though, so I don't think it affects your appetite one way or another.

If I have sugar cravings, 1 or 2 TrimSpa do the trick.

Like I said, the meal planning helps me tremendously. My children are older (11, 13 and 15) so they can help. Of course, they are ADD too so we plunder along together!

Yes, kaplods, reducing caffiene in you diet would probably be a good thing. I am down to 1 cup of coffee a day. I used to use it to help me focus. I was a 2 pot a day girl. I also retained a lot of water, which is what caffeine does. I also, at my largest, was on blood pressure meds and was in the early stages of diabetes (runs in my family). Now I am off all meds and show no signs of the high blood pressure or the diabetes. The caffiene contributed greatly to the high blood pressure.

I am also an A-Type personality as well as a perfectionist and that contributes to the high blood pressure and makes me more susceptible to stroke, heart attack and stress related disorders. Yes, I am going to counseling and we are working on my "take on the world" mentality. I tend to take ownership of situations and take control if I see things not being handled properly. We are working on that.
Mrs. Partridge is offline   Reply With Quote