Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:31 PM   #46  

LOL Yep to life being grand!! I am so tired of looking at the cardboard boxes in my classroom! The teacher in the room I'm moving to let me know that she has some spots empty for me. I think tomorrow I'll put some of my kids to work and we'll take some things to the new room. They've been begging me to help do anything! I even had one boy who took home all of the addition flash cards tonight to organize them. What a kid!

5 more days of school for this year. Tuesday is the 2nd grade picnic, and Wednesday in the afternoon is our field day. Next Friday we dismiss 2 hours early. Teachers can stay until 6:00 to count that as their work day. I'll be there until 6 and then some!! Always am.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:30 AM   #47  

Our school let out yesterday.

That "grand life" threw me a curve today ... of all days ... Son-in-law started having chest pains and had to be admitted to the hospital. They don't know why or what. They're keeping him and doing a stress test tomorrow. Had to go pick up Ross and Jenna from SAC (after school program they go to during the summer) and keep them all night ... so I'll have to take them back tomorrow at 10 a.m. and then pick up the other two after I drop them off. PLUS ... hubby bought a truck tonight so I have to go to the bank in the morning, get the money, go pay the guy and get the title ... all BEFORE I switch kids. I told him tonight I just CAN'T do all this stuff. I just CAN'T!!! I have TOO MANY people depending on me to do TOO MANY things TOO MUCH of the time. I JUST CAN'T!!!!!!! He agreed ... so here was his solution for the weekend. We won't spend the night in AL ... since I have the kids all night and more all day tomorrow. We'll get up at 6 a.m. Sat. morning and go and get the trailers and come back Sat. evening. Do it all in one day.

Ain't life grand?
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:16 AM   #48  

Hi.

Mima - I didn't have the massage and the chiro treatment all in one day. I have done that before, though, and it worked well for me. The massage first, then the chiro. Gets the muscles are warmed up for the chiro. I had the massage a week ago, but since he worked on the muscles, it seems to have pulled the spine out of wack. Still not feeling good, so I might have to go back tomorrow. We shall see.

Tammy - gosh, your school year finishes a whole month before ours. You must go back earlier than we do. The colleges and Universities finish at the end of May, however. I will bet you will be happy to get some time off, and maybe just relax a bit.

Meme - You do it to yourself!! No, is a very simple word and it's time you started using it. I know you want to be active and keep on going like the energizer bunny, but gee, give yourself a break!!! I hope your SIL will be ok. He can't be all that old. My cousins son was admitted for chest pain (he was 28) and it turned out to be a virus of the heart. It took almost 2 years for it to go away. I don't know how far the place your going to is from your home, but I hope not that far. A one day trip will be very tiring. I think you were looking forward to going and getting away for awhile.

Candice - I hope you are feeling better now. I knew you would be hurting, but I hope it has calmed down.

Joanne - glad your cold has left you - just don't kiss hubby I must have nice thick blood, although I do get cold fast, anymore. The heat about kills me. During the winter, it is very cold, but dry here, and I feel good, pain wise. It's when the humidity is around that I really start to hurt.

I probably won't be around much for the next month. Hubby is taking holidays for the month of June (last years holidays). We aren't really planning on going anywhere specific, just around. I may be in and out.

Everybody enjoy the day tomorrow.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:18 AM   #49  

Here's something for you to read over your morning coffee

Questions well answered

The university professor challenged his students with this question:
"Did God create everything that exists?"

A student bravely replied, "Yes, he did!"

"God created everything?" the professor asked.

"Yes, Sir," the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil; since evil exists and, according to the principal that our works define who we are then God is evil."

The student became quiet before such an answer. The professor, quite

pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had proven once

more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "Can I ask you a question professor?"

"Of course," replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact, Sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is, in reality, the absence of heat.

Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy.

Absolute zero (-460¡ F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does."

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colours and study the various wavelengths of each colour. You

cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course as I have already said.

We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world these manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist, Sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is not like faith, or love that exists just as does light and heat. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart.

It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young man's name ---

Albert Einstein.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 04:07 AM   #50  

I can finnaly lay down now and climb the stais to my own bed! Still alot of abdominal pain so can't do all my Fibro stretches, yoga, pilates and stuff......post op appt said all was fine and I did really well for a Fibro person..whatever that means....I hope I have not over done..been in the yard about everyday watering and doing something......no rain here at all......didn't plan on that! The really bad pain lasted about 4 days..and then nausea set in...not sure why..gone now. He said it would be about 6 weeks to full healing....he was running late so he rushed me and I forgot to ask lot of questions. Like when do the surgical strips come off and when can I take a bath instead of a shower and when can I dirve and etc so the nurse will call in the morn. I still was not prepared for all this pain since everyone said it would be a snap!!!!!!!!! I do not like having to be careful not to over do! I just do not want my Fibro to flare because I can't do my exercise! I have to be acitve or I get bad..............
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 06:04 AM   #51  

Candice, I guess it's different if you have fibro_take it easy! I was hoping it was a fun weekend, Meme. You take it easy-sometimes you have to take things a minute at a time! Those last days of school are exhausting, Tammy, never mind packing!! But think of how much you will have done when you retire and kids love to help! I love those second graders. Anne, I have had problems after a massage-I guess we had the muscle corrected and then other stuff gets out of line. Hope you have a relaxing time with your hubby's days off.
I am supposed to go for a walk today with my aunt and treat her for her bd but I woke up feeling like I was going to vomit-happened the other day too. I am drinking coffee right now, which I couldn't do if I was sick-I'll play it by ear. Joanne-I will send you some rain. I think it's going to stop today but it hasn't yet. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 07:06 AM   #52  

Meme, your life doesn't sound so grand right now. Keep us posted on your son-in-law. It is hard to keep going when so many people depend on you. Hang in there!!!!

Anne, we go back to school the last week of August. There are some schools around here that are already out. Enjoy your time with your hubby!! We are planning a short trip to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania sometime in June. Need to get reservations made. We just decided yesterday to go. I enjoyed the Albert Einstein story. I didn't read it with coffee though.

Candice, was your surgery the laser type with the smaller incisions or did they have to do the larger incision type?

Mima, the kids are wonderful. I had one little boy yesterday who asked if he could dust the classroom. I told him yes. He spent his recess time dusting everything including me!!! He just giggled! Hope you get to feeling better. I've been having weird feelings this week too. Not exactly sick, just not right.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:38 PM   #53  

Default Hey There

Meme- No one will realize how much you do untill you are no longer doing it for them.. Have a great weekend..Rest!!We are going for a week to St. George Island(in the panhandle) the end of July.I am looking forward to it.
Happy- I told my hubby "don't even think about coming close to me till his cold is gone.
Tammy- My daughter was finished this week. Or supposed to be. I bet she was in her classroom working today..
Candice- Every day will get better. Keep moving..
Mima- I will take all the rain you send. Hubby outside watering now.. He agreed we need to put on sprinklers sunday.. I think he is praying for rain before then..I see it is cool up your way..
Have a Great Weekend Everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 10:44 PM   #54  

The weekend! Finally!!
We had a downpour this afternoon for about 15 minutes. Thunder, lightning, terrible winds. Then the sun came out and it was beautiful the rest of the day. Weird.

Graduation parties Sat. and Sun. More next weekend.
Some of my kids moved boxes to the new classroom today. They put heavy boxes on my chair (it's on wheels) and rolled them to the new room one at a time. They were so funny! Then some 4th graders brought boxes to my room for Rhonda. We are just trading rooms and grade levels. Wasn't that brilliant of the administration? I'm meeting with the 4th grade team after school on Tuesday to go over things for next year. I've had parents of 3rd graders stop me and tell me that they are thrilled that there is a chance their kids will have me again. That made me feel great!!!

Have a great weekend!!
Old 05-28-2005, 05:50 AM   #55  

That's great about the parents. One year I moved from 4th to 5th-my choice-and I had 3 of my kids again and the parents were happy. And the kids too. It will all come together. Thanks for the laugh about the box on your chair rolling down the hall. And the dusting!! I have been to Gettysburgh twice-it's great. Never heard of St George's Island but I bet it's beautiful. The sun has finally come out. I spent most of the day sleeping on the couch-think it's sinus. Brad got my favorite med for me-hot and sour soup. It opens up the sinuses. I get like this once in a while-especially this time of year. Needless to say-I didn't get to see my aunt or go to the cemetery near her so now we have to go to both this weekend. Bye for now-have a good weekend. Mima
Old 05-28-2005, 11:33 AM   #56  

This will be our 3rd trip to Gettysburg. Tim has been a Civil War buff since 2nd grade. My mom bought him a book about Robert E. Lee, and that started it all. He knows more about the Civil War than I'd ever want to know! We're staying at the Holiday Inn right near the battlefields. That's where we stayed the last time. Bob and Tim can go do the history stuff, I'll probably hit some shops. lol Usually we drive straight through. It's about a 9 hour drive. Bob has decided we'll stay overnight going and coming so I'll be more comfortable and rested. We leave here June 14.

It is beautiful today! Warm not hot. I'm going to go pull some weeds while Tim mows. That will be about it, then shower to go to the parties.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:15 PM   #57  

Well ... we didn't go to AL. I'm glad!!! SIL didn't get to come home from the hospital until 6 last night so I had to go get the kids from their summer school at 3 and feed them dinner again. They couldn't find anything wrong with him! (I told hubby ... wonder if they even found a heart???) That guy gets to me sometimes. He has his moments! But ... they didn't have our trailers ready so they guy said he'd bring them to us next week ... no charge. That made me REALLY happy. I didn't want to go this weekend. The kids have worn me out. I've just been so low on energy lately and hurting all over. I have an appt. with the Rheumatologist on Tues. ... but he probably won't do anything ... never does! We sold 2 more trailers this morning. SOMEBODY better get us some more in here. We're about to run out! Our other distributor is supposed to bring us a big load next week. Hubby just bought a Dodge 4X4 so we can go down and pick up bigger loads now ... oh joy! I guess I'm an official redneck ... I've been out working on his truck this morning. Helping him put trailer brakes on it. Can't you see me up on a step stool with my head down in the hood of a big red Dodge Ram 4X4??? Hey Bubba!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #58  

Tammy- I fell in love with civil war with'Gone with the Wind'. I read everything I can get my hands on too. Hope you all have a good time. I have never been to Gettysburg. My daughter lives in Madison ,Fl. A lot of civil war fighting went on in that area. There was a confederate hospital there. A huge beautiful house, that the University of Florida now owns. It is used for social functions etc in town.There is a lot of history there. Collin Kelly ,One of the first world war 2 heros is from there. His sister still lives there.
Mima- St George Island is in north Florida in the panhandle. It used to be a spoil island that only a few fisherman familys lived on. Now it is a resort area with campgrounds for RV's and fishing area. Large homes and condo's etc. It has a few shopping areas(gift stores). You have to take your food with you as there are no gro. stores except pick quick.A couple places to eat. I would not eat at them.It is very quiet . I love it. Just Beach, Sunrises,Sunsets...Family.
Meme-Is there anything else that can be found for you to do? No wonder you are feeling low and hurting!Yeah Bubba!
Hello everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 06:12 AM   #59  

Meme=Brad has a Dodge Ram but it's not 4 wheel drive. He has to work out of it and he is too short. I also love the Civil War! Boy, does that island sound nice. We are ready to vacation again-we are going to Maine the last week of June. We are going to work on the yard tomorrow-I have my mulch. can't plant any flowers til work is over. Next Friday. I keep realizing how much work I have to do here and it takes all my energy to go away to work. Next time, mike and Jill are coming up so i will be home!!! You heard it here. I do feel better and we went to the movies last night-saw the Longest Yard-it was funny but a little gross. I want to see Cinderella Man . that looks great, Got up too early as usual. mima
Old 05-30-2005, 03:25 AM   #60  

Go bubba go!!!!!!! Meme you are too funny.

My son has been to St george Island..he loved it...

Not much going on here...got some pompass grass in the mail I ordered a long time ago..thought it got lost.... now I can't plant it ..no place to put it...didn't get the other bed inlarged like I had planned too.....oh well...just stick in the garden I guess for now. 6 plants.....woe....they get to be 7 ft!

I need your help again....you gals have such good advice. We have a wedding coming up, DH's nephew and they are having big fancy wedding with a sit down meal. They both have rather high taste.......now what is the going rate for a gift and do you have to send a shower gift if you are not attending the shower????? DH will be going to the wedding but I will not, and maybe my son might be and what does he do for a gift? Neither one of my boys can afford much right now with school and no jobs. My MIL says we have to spend enough on the gift to cover their cost for the meal and wedding....I do not agree with this...so help me out please with the proper wedding gift etiquett. Thanks
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote