3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Starting over after thyroid cancer-any others with thyroind problems (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/57574-starting-over-after-thyroid-cancer-any-others-thyroind-problems.html)

ejohns48 05-07-2005 09:02 PM

Starting over after thyroid cancer-any others with thyroind problems

Two years ago I lost 107 pounds :). Then came thyroid cancer and total thyroidectomy :( Gained 60 back, and am fighting with dieting and not knowing what my metabolism is doing. Any words of advice/encouragement? Am attending WW since 4/26/05.

jen1teacher 05-16-2005 09:41 PM

Hi! I too have had thyroid cancer. I had a sub-total thyroidectomy and then they found the cancer. It was tiny and the dr. said not to worry. Well, now almost 2 years later, they think the cancer is back in the small piece of thyroid that was left. I have always been overweight, but reached my heaviest recently. I have been doing South Beach for a little over 2 months and lost 26 lbs., but my dr. has taken me off my med. so he can do a thyroid scan at the end of this month. Needless to say I have only lost one pound since going off the med. 2 weeks ago. Think about going back to your dr. to have your levels checked. He/She may need to increase your meds to help your metabolism. I hope you are doing well!

NanaDeb 06-06-2005 09:32 PM

Hi-Iwas diagonised Toxic Thyroid(Whatever that is) Type 2 Diabeties. I am a 2X Colon Cancer survivor since 2000.Now I am dealing with a whole new thing.My Endcro-doctor feels this new development was brought on by my past chemo. I just had a thyroid scan and it revealed nothing .I really did'nt "light up.So-tomorrow morning I go back for a CT-Scan of the Neck and Chest.And to say the least I am scared to death. This will be my 8th surgery in my life and I am not a Happy Camper. Any support is greatly wanted.

MrsDawsondn 06-27-2005 04:37 PM

As a fellow hypothyroid diagnosed patient I send my prayers your way. I was diagnosed with having hypothyroidism in Sept. 2004 and have been working out and eating healthier and taking levothyroxine and a multivitamin and I've lost a very significant amount of weight Thank God. But now I am experiencing difficulty in getting the rest of the weight off but by no means neccessary will I give up! I am determined to be the healthiest me that I can be. For those of you that have thyroid cancer my heart and prayers go out to you and I am hoping for remission with you in the treatments. and getting healthier.

I am learning to adapt to hypothyroidism I sometimes freak out when I workout so much and eat right and the scale goes up instead of down but that's okay beacuse I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me and I am an overcomer and I will get this weight off and be healthy while doing it! :D