Hi, not sure where I belong...

• I am 26 and have been told I had everything from Lyme Disease to Leukemia at some point over the last 9 years.

I have had firm (depending on the physician/state) dx of systemic lupus, probable MS, and fibro.

However, I lost my health insurance and haven't been the best little patient recently. I have no IDEA what my current city's docs would say and I don't care to find out right now.

I did a few courses of prednisone last semester and still haven't recovered from that. Since the last pack, I have not lost a single pound despite doing the same things I always did and I am worried that my body has finally given up on me being thing.

So, that's just an introduction. If you have any advice, it's welcomed. I'll read the posts and contribute where/if I can...

Thanks guys.

Take care, toni
  • Hi Toni welcome!

I had a year like you when I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis. I was told that I possibly had lymphoma and thyroid and cervical cancer. Thankfully I had sarcoid rather than lymphoma and the thyroid nodule wasn't cancerous (just produced mass levels of hormone) and I had stage 3/Carcinoma in Situ of my cervix but I had surgery to remove all the malignant cells. This was all in a matter of months and I was pregnant at the time as well! So totally know how you feel!
    I do however think you should get in to see a doctor so you can be treated, I think its ridiculous that it is increasingly more difficult for people without insurance to get the care they need. Have you contacted your state offices to see what kind of medical program may be available for you through them? I'm concerned for you.

Hope everything is well and welcome to 3FC!!
    Michelle

• Sorry you are having such a rough time with your health, Toni. I'm on SS Disability from a car accident, so at least, I have some kind of insurance. I have OA, and also severe RA.

Lupus, Fibro, & MS being an auto immune problem, you might feel comfortable on our thread...."Friends with OA & RA". There's people there with different health problems going on. We encourage each other, & can vent when we feel bad (which is most of the time. ) & everyone understands...unlike, well-meaning friends & relatives.

The prednisone will take awhile to start losing. It stays in your system for awhile after you stop taking it. But, you WILL start to lose.....slowly. Until you do, drink a LOT of water! It will help flush it out & water helps to lose weight, anyway.

If you're unable to work, you might consider trying for SS Disability. It takes awhile, but you'll have medicare to pay for Drs & hospitals. I was only 34 when I got on it...so age doesn't matter...just health. It may take an attorney, as it did with me, because of your age. It's mostly routine, though, & the attorney takes his pay out of Medicare.

Hope I've been of some help. If you don't want to join our thread, that's ok. Post to me any time....pm if you'd like.

Wishing you lots of luck.
    Charlotte