3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Fibromyalgia #136 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/53997-fibromyalgia-136-a.html)

Candicej 03-03-2005 04:17 AM

Joanne..I watch House...I like the crabby doc with the cain! Love medical mysteries, there is one on nbc too called medical investigation I like. I love ncis..my fav....lots of others too .......

Had my GI endoscospy done all went well and I woke up with no pain for once! I guess I need to be put out more often! LOL Do you all have the same effect from anethesia? Now I have my eye apoointment next so no time for a urologist and I think I will see my gyno first and ask her opinion if it does not let up...but it did for awhile with the anetheisa! I'm thinking it is a low back nerve pain thing that is heighted by the Fibro and they can't do anything about it??????

Meme..cute pictures.......I knew those were not of you! LOL Your babies are growing up..they will be dating soon!;)

Happy...glad you are getting better..did your yeast thing clear up yet?

Tammy.....I have some thin mints here..I will take a bite for you!

Mima..how nice of that couple to help you out...I need someone like that!

Mima 03-03-2005 06:07 AM

Good morning. I was happy to see my credit card payment arrived on its due date-checked on the net-mailed it 8 days ago. Went to church last night-it's so great to have our life back. And not cook on Wed night. And see our friends, only found out that 2 are sick-hope it's not that nasty virus. Alison's play is this week-that will be fun. I think Brad can go.
Hope they get to the "bottom" 0f everything, Candice. I am still so sore-it's unbelievable and I'm not going to Yoga. I guess I will get another massage-that sure helped. I wonder if it's the lounge chair I sit in. Hey-Vonzell made it-one more week!!Gotta put the rubbish out. Then I will take a nap. Mima
;

Joanne D 03-03-2005 11:32 AM

Hey There

Candice- That crabby Dr. is why I watch the show. If you have been put to sleep in the hospital and have back/arm pain don't be surprised. The way they transfer a sleeping /dead weight patient is enough to get the pains.
Happy- The flu has been nasty all over the world this year.Glad you are feeling better. That is one of the reasons I wait for days I can open my windows and air out the house. Germs just drift around all winter.
Mima- Getting back to normal.Looks like we may have to wait another year to get together.. I know you must be as busy as I am. Enjoy what you have left of Florida.
Tammy- I don't know about you,but, I can do without Dr. appointments.I wait for almost 30-40 min. in the waiting room,then they put you in an exam room and you wait another 30+ min. to see a Dr. for 5+ min.
Hello everybody..Joanne

MemeToo 03-03-2005 01:38 PM

DATING??? :eek:

Jenna (the blonde) already has FOUR boyfriends! :lol: We can wait awhile on the dating thing. Kaylyn will probably get her's in a headlock! ;)

I've been running around trying to get everything together for the Home Show this weekend. I dread this soooo bad. It's a lot of work! It's supposed to be cold and rainy so we had to pay out a bunch of extra money and move our booth inside. BIG booth! That means a lot of extra stuff we need that we didn't have. I still need to pick up signs and go run about 1,000 copies and I HAVE A FLAT TIRE!!! Hubby called a few minutes ago and said he'd come home early and change it for me ... I told him if he did that he was going to town and help me run all those copies! :p (Maybe I can get a Red Lobster dinner out of him ... I deserve it this week!) I sat in the kitchen last night and COUNTED over 2000 jellybeans for one of the contests we are doing. THAT'S A LOT OF JELLYBEANS!!!!!!! I have them in a jar and the kid (16 and under) that comes closest to guessing the exact amount each night wins a MacDonald's Happy Meal ... runner-up gets a Baskin Robbins Ice Cream.

Well ... back to work!

Mima 03-04-2005 07:17 AM

So who gets to eat the jelly beans? Yum!! Man, I had a wicked stomache ache last night-I had made stew and put cabbage in it but I didn't eat the cabbage -wonder if that did it. I feel ok. Cassidy is getting groomed today and we are going to Al's play tonight. . And the bank to close out one acct because we opened one at th ebank in front of the park that I can walk to, Such a boring life but it feels good to be back to normal.
Joanne-if I came to meet you, hubby would have to drive so I guess it will have to wait. We are going to be here in October and there is bound to be a train show up your way. How is Eleni doing?
Your show sounds busy Meme. Have fun!!! We need one of those small trailers=at least Brad thinks we do but I don't want to pull anything. Once we get the camper home, I don't want to go anywhere we can't get to on a tank of gas. It's such a pain to get gas with the camper!!
Hey Tammy-it's Friday. It finally stopped raining here and it's going to get warmer. Our snow dog is the only one who likes the cold weather. Bye for now-Mima

Tammy 03-04-2005 10:22 AM

It's Friday, and I'm home from school! I was up most of the night coughing, so I decided to stay home and sleep. I don't have much of a voice, so I'm resting that too!

I've done some laundry and worked on some things for school.

Now I'm hungry for cabbage after reading your post Mima!!

Happy Canuk 03-04-2005 10:52 AM

Morning all.

Meme - have fun at the show this weekend. That ought to keep you out of trouble.

Mima - glad you are back to normal. That just feels so good. When do you leave to go back home? I have to laugh at all of you when you talk about cold weather :lol: I guess it is all relative to where you live. You would think you were freezing here, but in reality, it is beautiful. It has been up in the high 40's all week.

Joanne - again I have to laugh. If I lived in Florida, my windows would never be closed!!! Gosh, even when it is really cold here, I open the windows. I haven't had to close them for a whole week!

Tammy - I hope you aren't getting the flu. It's just too nasty.

Candice - are you still feeling less pain? I hope you decide to go see about it soon.

Well everybody have a good day. I am finally feeling better.

Tammy 03-05-2005 07:00 AM

Anne, glad you are feeling better!!! I rested quite a bit yesterday and I still was able to chaperone the band to contest last night. I didn't have a voice, so that was a bit tough on the bus with all of the kids, but it worked out. Especially since they got a 1 rating and now they get to go to the state contest the end of April!!!

The 1.5 hour bus ride each way wasn't nice to me though. I was hurting pretty bad when we got home at midnight.

Today I plan to go to school and work on lesson plans for next week. I have no idea what all the sub accomplished yesterday, but I'm hoping she kept them on track.

upper 40's sounds good right now. It's about 18 and snowing. Today is my son's 17th birthday. When he was born, I went into labor a month early. My hubby wasn't home and I couldn't get ahold of anyone so I called the rescue squad. They came to get me, and the squad got stuck on the ice in our driveway. The weather is about the same today. Memories! lol

I like to have my windows open too. I think I'm the only one in the house that does.

Mima 03-05-2005 07:14 AM

Good morning!! Our dog looks like a lion!!! To cute! We keep the fur around his face but get the rest cut short so he won't pant all the time. We are not going home til after the 15th of April. We are still waiting to hear if our friends are coming down to help us-she has a health problem yet to be detrmined.The worst case scenario is to have our car transported and just drive the camper.
Saw Al in her play-The Comedy of Errors updated to the 50's-she was a Beatnik, dancing in her wheelchair-one hand wheeling and the other snapping he fingers. What a kid!! And Evan is starting to talk. Wanted to know where his backpack was only it wasn't as clear as that. I am making him a wuilt-just hand quilted. Doing his room in Noah' Aek theme. I had bought a pair of drapes at a flea market for 1 dollar so I have the material. I also bought some fabric yesterday to make a valance for my living room but now I have to find a rod 120 inches long and extend 6 inches out to go over vertical blinds. Hope you feel better Tammy. That bug is nasty-our friends from church have it. My theory is to take zinc.Bye for now> Mima

Tammy 03-05-2005 10:23 AM

The play sounds good! Glad you enjoyed it Mima. You are so good about making things and finding bargains. way to go!

I went back to bed after sending messages earlier. More sleep did me some good I think. Now I'm ready to tackle the day!! Maybe.

Mima 03-06-2005 07:15 AM

Good morning-am I having an allergy attack-high tree pollen-low thyroid because my med has been reduced-or reaction because I have lowered my prednisone dose. Stuffy, tired , achy, depressed. Wheezing. Oh well-can't go to docs today. Going to eat breakfast and go to church. Mima

Joanne D 03-06-2005 11:13 AM

Hey There

Mima- The pines are blooming and the oaks are starting.. Bad time for allergies. My daughter suffers every year. I take medication every morning for it. Hope you are feeling better soon. My right shoulder has been giving me a fit. Not a good time for that either. I asked my Dr. what to do. He said 'take the Darvocet'. I really don't think that is the answer.No relief there. I may go this week and tell him so..
Tammy- my daughter spends every weekend working on plans and paper work. Too bad you teachers don't get paid for 24 hr. work.
Happy- I wish I could open my windows more. But, I would be cleaning constantly. Dust.Then in the summer the heat and humidity will keep the air on..
Hello everybody...Have a nice weekend...Joanne

Tammy 03-06-2005 12:48 PM

Mima, feel better soon!!

Joanne, I still have test booklets to get names on and all of the other info. before our testing starts on Tuesday. I think I might recruit Tim and a couple friends to help out with coloring in the circles under the names on the test booklets. Some years I have allowed the students to do it. With this year's kids, it could be a disaster! lol

Mima 03-07-2005 06:28 AM

I know those kids-I am reliving my teaching through you, Tammy!! I really would like to get into some volunteer work down here but I don't see any call for tutoring. For now, I'll volunteer at my own house!!! Things have slowed down considerably-no appts this week unless I go to docs. Feeling better but so congested. I would love to help you, Tammy!! I'm good at circles since that's what I do when I correct the teacher test, But of course, I need to know the answer first. Like what score to give!! Weather is gorgeous again, I have 3 projects going-one is material that I am hand-quiting for Evan-a no brainer. Going to make a valance for living room. Need a curtain rod 120"-and 6 inches deep to go over top of vertical blinds/
I bet Meme's tired today-rest up. we wnt to Sunday school, church, and out to eat yesterday. 2 of our friends have that flu-with the coughing. Can't go near them-if Brad ever got a cough, we would have to put him on drugs because it would hurt so much.Hi Anne-hope you are better!!! Joanne, have you ever tried a massage. That's what I am going to do this week along with a Walmart haircut-there's this guy Roy that cuts it right. Bye for now-Mima

MemeToo 03-07-2005 02:46 PM

I fell this morning. The dog dug our stones at the bottom of the back steps out AGAIN (for the third time) and I was stepping over them ... had my right foot on the bottom step and got that bad pain in my right ankle and down I went. I was coming in from talking with a customer and was going UP the steps so I fell up and not down. I had my right hand on the rail so I twisted that wrist trying to hold myself, twisted my left wrist and pulled a muscle in my arm trying to catch myself, fell on my left hip, twisted both ankles and skinned my leg, too. I'm a mess, I even hit my head somehow! Hubby has filled that in twice already but she gets back under there and digs it out. I called him ... told him what happened. He said he was going to put some concrete in there when he gets home ... see if she can dig through that! :p

The Home Show was a big success but I'm sooooo tired. I don't even know how many people stopped at our booth. It was awesome. The kids loved the jellybeans. I had 2 ties yesterday and 2 Friday. I had one little girl that guessed within 26 so I thought I'd send her a certificate for a Happy Meal and a Baskins Robbins Ice Cream both since she got so close. There were actually 2371 jellybeans in the jar. I told hubby that if I had to count all those, he had to eat them after it was over! :eek: There goes his sugar this week! :lol: You'd be surprised at how many adults who stopped and wanted to guess, too! ;) I also had a couple of bowls of jellybeans sitting out to eat and they went like crazy. He had a contest going for $200 off a trailer and had over 200 register for that so that's a lot of potential customers! It was nonstop the whole three days. Hubby said we were going to do it again next year ... I said I'd better start resting up NOW!!!!!!!

Talking about allergies ... everytime I step outside the door my eyes start watering and my nose starts running. I take Allegra and use Nasonex and I still have symptoms. I've tried almost everything on the market and everything over the counter ... nothing else works! If I miss a couple of Allerga it's 10 times worse than it is now, too. And Allegra is so expensive ... the insurance companies make you have your doctor fill out a paper saying you have tried all the other allergy medicines and you HAVE to have Allegra! And even WITH Allegra I STILL have symptoms! I love spring but I dread to see stuff start to blossom around here ...