Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:20 AM   #76  

Good morning, everyone. Happy humpday! Oh well...so much for cheering everyone up.
Kim...are those shoes for winter or summer? I can make it through summer, with just something soft to slip into. But, winter is really rough on me. This past winter, I wore those shoes that have the backs out you slide into. Fairly comfortable...but, as soon as I got to the station, I'd put on houseshoes. That's what I wear there, or couldn't walk around much. My right leg & hip has started bothering me a lot lately, also...hasn't been doing that. I stay so worried that I'm going to get down worse. DH always said I look for things to worry about.

Iamgonnadoit...Your last 4 posts show they are #43! I hope they're counting them right. I would think you're close to 50 now. I know you're anxious. Maybe it just shows that way on my pc.

Happy Canuk...Hope your hands & feet get better. Maybe that wax machine will help. If so, let us know...my feet bother me worse than my hands...I could sit here & post with my feet in hot wax! hmmmm...sounds nice.

Gotta go....hope everyone has a good day.

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #77  

Hi Angel.....just a quickie....thanks for observing that all my posts say 43....I really went into one thinking ooh eerrrr maybe youre right and I can post pics. That was until I saw all yours said 609...LOL Anyway as you say it wont be long now...Busy, busy , today so will catch up with you all later.....have a good day....Pam
Iamgonnadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:22 AM   #78  

Default Hey There

I often wondered about those shoes. The only thing is the price and they are so ugly.. I have a really difficult time finding shoes that don't hurt. Maybe I should close my eyes and buy a pair.
My daughter has a hot wax machine she uses for her hands. I have tried it a couple times. Makes your hands nice and soft after the burn.
I got in my sons hot tub last night. My first time in one. I might have to do that again. He said if he sells the house he will give it to me.
Walked as usual yesterday. 3 miles on a treadmil is hard to do. I had my CD player on and the TV too. I couldn't hear the TV but the picture helped take my mind off of the time. It is just too hot to walk outside now. The humidity here in Fl. is something else.
Bye for now...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:43 AM   #79  

Good morning.

Angel - hope your feet feel better soon. It is bad enough having this darn pain, but with the feet it is terrible. You must use them to transport yourself!! Have you ever tried on a pair of the z-coil shoes? My uncle bought a pair of them because his knee is so bad, and it is amazing the difference in the pain levels. Lots of nurses here wear them as well, because they are on their feet for so many hours. Helps the feet, legs, lower back etc. They are not the prettiest shoes in the world, but if they help, who the heck cares http://www.zcoil.com/ztechnology.cfm

Iamgonnadoit - The number thing doesn't seem to be working. I have been at 1000 posts for absolutely months. Maybe, if you can't post images yet, you should go to the main forum and ask about it.

Joanne - nice that your son got a hot tub in this new house of his. Nicer that he will give it to you when he goes to sell it!! I can't go in them, as the chemicals make my skin way to itchy. Otherwise, they are great.

Ageoldie - did you find some graphic sites yet? I can post a few for you here if you like.

I am going to do the hotwax on my feet again this morning. You just dip them into the wax quickly, and then wrap them in plastic bags and sit for about 20 minutes. It relaxes the feet so much. Same with the hands.

Been having trouble with my lower back the past few days, and the right hip. Wish it would go away. Just kind of gets a grip and won't let go.

Hope you all have a good day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 01:36 PM   #80  
RAR

HI! everyone this must be theweek for feet painLOL I think they are bothering me more then my kneewhich is a constant pain!!!!maybe I need to try the wax thing I will try anything that will help well hopeing everyone else is having a better day!!!!! Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:22 AM   #81  
stirfried

Default Feet pain

[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Georgia]Hi Angel-lover,

sorry to hear about your feet. I used to get that all the time. Sometimes it gets so bad you can't even walk. I hope your start feeling better soon.
I forget what meds are you on. One is methotrexate isn't you inject it, right?
I am lucky I have been getting better,not hardly much pain.,except if I do to much walking . I always have pain in my inside of my ankle, and some knee pad. Nothing like it was though. I was just getting a shot of Humira once every 15 days, then the doc put me bac on methitrexate. Together they seem to be working well. I hope this continues.
I haven't been here in a while. Alot of problems with my eldest daughter, she causes me a lot of stress, with her addiction to pain meds and depression. I am going to visit my youngest daughter to get away. I am not helping sarah at all, she constantly wants me to make everything alright, But won't take the steps herself to get well. so It will help me to distance myself from her for a week. I just keep praying that she wants to quit like she insists she does, but nothing I can do anymore to help her without enableling her. She won't go to N.A. or therepy.
Anyway The stress is causing a ulcer for me. I have totally blew my diet. Thats okay I can always start again. I am trying to watch what I eat and intend to try to get back with working out and eating proper tomorrow, but, my ulcer hurts so much that I can't eat just low carbs because the food is bad for the ulcer.
Sorry this post is so long. Hope you start feeling better. If you are like me you will invest in a few pairs of comfy slippers.
Bye for now
Hello everyone else out there I see there are new people here.
Immagonndoit, how are you?

[SIZE=4][COLOR=Magenta]Take care all Laura
stirfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:24 AM   #82  
stirfried

As you can see I am still messing up with the fonts and ect.
Laura
stirfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:21 PM   #83  
Hang In There

Anne, I'd love for you to recommend some good graphic sites to me.

I have to add my list of the feet pain this week, don't know what the trouble with mine are, but really hurting this week. I'm having a bad day with fatigue today too, I think I'll go to bed early tonight!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:50 AM   #84  

Good morning everyone. Hope you ALLare feeling well, & pain-free. I'm getting a little better, now. Been so rushed, I haven't had much time for posting.

Laura

You're doing good. It just takes a little practice. Remember....the / is only used at the end of the area you want (centered, colored, etc.) Also, where it didn't work is where you just forgot to put it at the end. You can also review your post before submitting it, so you can correct it if you like. Beside the place that says "Submit Reply" there's a button that says "Preview Post". Click on it, & you'll see how your post will turn out. If you need to correct it, you don't have to even go back, just right under the preview will be your post. You can make the corrections, & even click on "Preview Post" again! I do that on every post, unless I'm in a big hurry. Sometimes, I have to correct several times! It also helps me to decide the colors, graphics, etc., I want to use!
I'm so sorry about your daughter. As a mother of 3 grown daughters, & son, & can say I've had a lot of different problems to deal with. They were good kids...but, still had their problems, including drug use. Any time you need to talk, whether here, or need to pm me, please know I'm here for you. We all need a good listener sometimes. I'll be praying.

Rita
Good to hear from you! Stop by more often.

Happy Canuk

Thanks...I checked out the site. They look kind of strange but, I stopped worrying about looks a long time ago. When I get a chance I may try them. I sure have been thinking about the hot wax.

Joanne D

That hot tub sounds heavenly! I have a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, & it helps a lot. Only thing, with this RA, I have to have DH help me sit down & get up. That would be fine, only he's VERY hard of hearing...He might not hear me call him when I'm ready to come out! Sometimes I think it's mostly SELECTIVE hearing. Hey, just got an idea....I COULD buy one of those horns used at ball games to honk when I need him!

Pam

Gonna use your name, if it's ok. Yes, wanta see those graphics, girl! Go to a search & ask for specific kinds....." free beautiful angel graphics", or "free country graphics", or "free animated graphics"....you'll get sooo many to choose from!
How are you feeling these days? Hope you're able to use the make up like you want to for the wedding. I'm praying for you.

Well....I became an official Senior Citizen yesterday(55)! I was kind of depressed...felt like my youth was gone. My children all called & said I sounded depressed...but, I've been going through a lot lately, that I haven't told you all about. Anyway, they thought it was about my age, kept telling me that I didn't look my age, so it didn't matter. The girl that does my hair told me if I didn't tell anyone, they wouldn't know it. Made me feel better. But, facts are still facts.
The managers at the TV station are out of town this week, so I had to work. Normally, I work Monday, Wednesday, & Friday. I went in my office, & there were posters all over the place with "Happy Birthday" on them. A present on my desk (of course, an angel...& all kinds of things for skin treatment. The Methotrexate & Remicade really does dry my skin out.) Then, the lady who has a cooking show came in with a "mudslide" cake...hmmmmm! Of course, my friend (the manager)called & song "happy birthday". Later, on the evening program that she & I co-host "Tennessee Valley Now"....she called in & song again, while the rest of the staff brought in a cake & balloons, & another present...beautiful flowers. Yes, I'm petted! I've been volunteering my services there since '94, when the TV Station first came to town. I won't take money. I feel it's what the Lord wants me to do. I'm able to be there for a lot of people who need to talk. They do a lot for me, though. I have my program..."Vision of Heaven" on Monday nights for free. I couldn't do it if I had to pay for it. Air time is high anywhere you go! They're doing things for me all of the time. With the RA, they're very patient, & let me go at my own pace. I'm blessed. That's enough about myself....didn't mean to go on.

Hello to all! Have a good day.

Old 06-04-2004, 01:32 PM   #85  

Hi All!!
Angel you are getting so professional with your postings, they really are superb and whats more you take time to include everyone. Happy Birthday for yesterday! You sound as if you had a lovely time and I am sure it left you with a day to remember, how super.
Been a busy bee the last couple of days stripping tiles off the wall in the bathroom. What a grotty job...... I am very very stiff and achy so taking each day as it comes til I see my Rheumy. Does annoy me when I cant do the things I want to get on with. In your head you are sure you are capable of so much but it just doesnt work out how you see it. Anyway I am determined not to be beaten.Right only came on here for a quick look then wanted to wish Charlie a belated Happy Birthday. (Ooooops Charlotte) I will be back later...so be warned... Pam
Iamgonnadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 01:33 PM   #86  

I turned 58 on my last birthday. Don't think I am looking forward to reaching the big 60, but like my Mom used to say, they are just numbers. You are only as old as you feel. My biggest thing was when I turned 25. Couldn't get over the fact that I was 1/4 of a century old. Boy how times change

I will get you a couple of sites to get you started ageoldie. It is pretty easy to find graphics on the net.

I hope everybody is feeling good today and that you all have a wonderful day.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:52 PM   #87  

Hi Iamgonnadoit! Isn't that the truth; boy, in our heads we are sure we can do anything we want, but whoa!! when you try to do it, it is a horse of a different color. I am thinking I can go to CURVES, and exercise place, but my daughter tells me I won't be able to do it with the way my lower back is. This makes me mad. Walking isn't so easy, with sore feet and a hip that won't co-operate. I might go try it anyway. When we play, we pay. That is about the size of it.

Anyway, glad you are getting those tiles removed. That will make you feel like you accomplished something. It is hard work, so I hope you are taking lots of breaks in between.

My hubby has been using the hot was treatment on his hands as well. I think he has some arthritis in his thumbs. Anyway, it appears to be helping some.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:53 PM   #88  

Ageoldie - here is one of favorite sites. Has tons of graphics.

http://www.millan.net/anims/giffar.html

Here is another. Just go to images in the list.

http://members.tripod.com/~the_litte..._Graphics.html
Old 06-04-2004, 07:33 PM   #89  

Default Hey There

Happy Birthday Angel Lover
My goodness wait till you hit 70 and then 71 that I am. I still don't feel OLD. I have my pains like everyone and my bad days too. Don't let yourself feel old. You are a beautiful person. I know that we have never met, but, reading what you do for others tells me a lot. Keep up the wonderful work and let Our Lord take care of the rest.
Happy -I see you are for the Flames. Well I know nothing about hocky,but, I do want the Bolts to win. I have never been to a hocky game. I watched it on TV the other night and I was amazed at the skating skill of both teams. I had to close my eyes when they started fighting though.
Bye...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 12:19 AM   #90  

For all the kind Birthday messages! That was very sweet of you all.

Joanne D

That was a very sweet thing for you to say. Believe me, I receive a lot more than I give. I have the desire to help people...just don't feel very qualified.
You sure don't sound like you're 70 either! Which, is just a number, anyway. Like you say, we've never met....but, I believe we're friends...in person or in postings. I'm blessed. I have more friends now that I've found this forum, than I ever had before! I'm glad we found each other again. I've thought a lot about Grasshopper, Silk, & others.

Happy Canuk

Thank you for the card. It was so cute! Very thoughtful of you to make it for me. You have a lot of talent. I'm not looking forward to 60 either...but, don't know anything to do about it. The years just fly by! I remember the day I turned 30. Cried all day!! Now.....wish I was 30!

Pam

Thought you were cute, didn't you? When I was in grammer school, I was called Charlie, & Chuck....mostly by the boys. They thought they were bothering me, I guess, but they weren't. Mostly because I thought that meant they liked me, & another, I never did like the name Charlotte....so, was glad to be called something else!
Stripping tile off the walls?! Woman....you're gonna be hurting!! Mostly, be sure to not get anything around your surgery scars...if they're not completely healed...to get infected.
Thanks for the compliment on the graphic work. I enjoy it...& you all are worth it!

HI TO ALL!