Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-30-2004, 09:15 PM   #61  
Hang In There

Had a restful day yesterday, sat by the pool and in the water for a good bit of the day, until I started feeling too much sun. Then I came in to the reclinder. Today I went to church, came home an took a nap then I went back to church to work on our vacation bible school room. It's the next week (the 6-9th) so we are running out of time. But it's fun.

Tomorrow being a holiday here, I don't plan to do much then either. I may go to the health club and work our some, them I think my sister, mom and niece are going shopping. Nothing very strenious.

About the graphics, do you make them yourselves, or do you get them from some other site? If from another site, can I ask which ones? I love them, and want to come here just to see what's new.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 09:30 PM   #62  

Smile

You can get images from tons of places on the net. Just type into Google free images and a list should come up. Then, you must save then to your own computer, usually a file somewhere in My Documents (lots of people use My Pictures). Then you need to have a storage place to put them. I will come back and put a link here for you. It is free, you just need to sign up. Then you need to click on the image or the wording, depending on which site you are on. The picture will come up and then you Right Click on it, choose properties, highlight the url or address, right click, choose COPY, and then go the bottom and click ok. Then bring it back here and post it, using the following

[img]paste the url[/img]

Here is the link for a storage site.http://www.mypages.iparenting.com/index.htm

You can also use Photobucket, but I find this one easier.

Hope this is clear for you, if not, just ask. Posting graphics is a lot of fun. I love making them as well. Have gotten into Paintshop Pro with a band of Fibromyalgia ladies and it is a great diversion for pain. Learned lots, but still so much to learn.

Sounds like your day was restful and that is good.

Angel - Glad you liked the angel. I saw her and thought of you. Have a few more to go. Hope your feeling better.

Last edited by Happy Canuk; 05-30-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:50 AM   #63  
Hang In There

Thanks Anne, I have a storage site and I know how to insert the graphics, I just didn't know where to go to find them. I think I'll go check them out now. I tried to get into making my own with PSP, but somehow it just never clicked. I guess it's because I don't have enought time to devote to it, and when I'd get time to try, I'd have forgotten everything I had already done. I did do my siggy, but not much more.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:53 AM   #64  

Memorial Day

is a patriotic holiday
in the United States. It is a day to honor
Americans who gave their lives
for their country, and is celebrated
as a legal holiday in most states.
This date was made a federal holiday by a
law that became effective in 1971

WHAT IS A VETERAN?

A Veteran is someone who left hearth, home and loved ones behind, often at a young age, to protect our freedom.

A Veteran is someone who died in battle, far from home and is buried on foreign soil.

A Veteran is someone who crouched, terrified, in foxholes or trenches at The Front.

A Veteran is someone who landed on the beaches of Dieppe, Normandy and Juno and had little chance of surviving.

A Veteran is someone who was wounded, lost limbs, or was shell-shocked.

A Veteran is someone who spent months or years aboard a ship, far from home, to protect America from her enemies.

A Veteran is someone who was on a bomber over bullet-ridden skies, either as a pilot or a member of the crew.

A Veteran is someone who saved the lives of the wounded, whether a doctor, nurse, medic, or a member of his Platoon.

A Veteran is a member of the K9 Units who worked with our men overseas.

A Veteran is someone who spent years as a POW…many never came home. Some may be still alive, knowing they never will come home…wondering about mothers, wives and children.

A Veteran is someone who has been listed as MIA, but still lives in a foreign land, forgotten by his country.

A Veteran is someone who crawled through jungles and tunnels never knowing what lay around the next curve.

A Veteran is someone who is laid to rest as “Taps” drifts across a cemetery and guns sound in a salute.

A Veteran is someone in a Veteran’s hospital or old-age home who is not able to care for him/herself. Though they defended their country, they can no longer protect themselves from the physical and mental abuse inflicted by the staff or family members.

A Veteran is someone who once held his dying friend in his arms while wondering why the world was such a cruel place.

A Veteran is a nurse who held dying men in her arms and shed tears, even though she had never met him before in her life…she cried for the injustice of it all…the horror of it all and the senselessness of it all.

A Veteran is someone who wakes, screaming, in the night, his body drenched in sweat. He or she is remembering…dreaming of some atrocity witnessed in the course of war.

A Veteran is someone who marches in a parade, medals displayed proudly on his/her chest.

A Veteran is someone who marches in a parade with no medals displayed on his/her chest.

A Veteran is someone who never marches in a parade, has no medals, but knows that he did his/her duty and served their country proudly and to the best of their ability.

A Veteran is someone who enabled us to have everything we hold dear…equal opportunity, justice and liberty for all.

A Veteran is someone who we pay tribute to once a year. We stand at attention in silence for one (two in Canada this year) minute and thank him/her for what they have sacrificed. We should be ashamed.

A Veteran is someone who, when you see him/her on the street, you should walk up to, shake his or her hand and say, “Thank you.”

Have you hugged a Veteran today?

Last edited by Angel-lover; 05-31-2004 at 11:00 AM.
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 06:05 PM   #65  
Hang In There

No, my veteran is my youngest son, and he and his brother (my oldest son) are celebrating the hoiday and thier birthdays together as has become a tradition with them. They are at the horseraces for a day of male bonding!
Old 05-31-2004, 06:54 PM   #66  

Default Hey There

Nice piece Happy.. My father told me once about cooking a chicken in his helmet in a farm yard in France during the WW2.He was in England during the bombings. He is long gone.
My hubby was in the navy during that war. Spent most of that time in Miami at a air station. His brother was on a ship and was in some major battles.
It has been a quiet day here. We cooked steak on the grill. I made cheese potatoes augratin and salad. Too many points.
Hello Angel and everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:00 PM   #67  

Hi Joanne D...Hope you had a good day. Yes, I had Uncles, friends, etc., & of course SIL in service. I've had them all on my mind all day. Have a nice evening.

Hi Ageoldie...Good to have two sons who are close like that. I hope they had a great day together!

Old 06-01-2004, 07:41 AM   #68  

Good morning!!!!!!! Oooooops! Afternoon.......12.20pm....Anyway hows everybody doing? I do hope you all had a super weekend whatever you happened to be doing. We spent alot of time yesterday in the garden....We cleaned our pond and kind of changed it a bit and went and bought new weed etc for it. Its not very big, but I think its lovely listening to the waterfall when youre sitting in the garden. I suppose some people would call it more of a water feature than a pond but we do have fish too. My OH took the dogs to our field as usual and sorted the ponies. We have two stabled at the moment which is very rare as they all live out normally. Unfortunately with native ponies, and ours are Welsh Mountain, they can be prone to Laminitis which apart from being very painful causes lameness. In all the years we have had horses and ponies we have never had it on our yard but we have now and its not good. The grass on the field is going crazy and these ponies dont know when to stop eating for their own good.So thats what has taken up OH 's time this weekend anyhow.
I see by reading the posts that everybody is into wanting to put pictures and signatures on here. I love to see them, I adore Happys pic of fatcat on the scales......Angel you know I am always going on about your graphics...BTW love the fairy......
I came on this forum to help with losing my weight but there are so many other things to talk about that its not as important as it was do you find that too. Must be cos we have other things to talk about. Ooops trouble, I have Sis calling me again...another game of something before she goes to bed.......catch you all soon.....byeeee
Iamgonnadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:42 AM   #69  

Oooooooooooooooooooh! Angel thats LUFFLY!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 09:50 AM   #70  

Good morning everyone. Gosh, I have been really neglecting my friends here.

Have been crazy busy at work and my home computer up and died. We bought a new one, but it doesn't work right and I had to call COMP USA and have someone scheduled to come out and fix the dang thing already.

RA seems to be in check right now thanks to the methotrexate and the Enbrel. Better living through chemistry, eh?

One thing I am particularly excited about, and I know you guys will understand...
I went out and bought shoes this weekend. Cute, summer shoes. I have been wearing orthopedic Birkenstocks which are comfortable as all heck, but ugly as sin. My feet are my worst joint and I can't wear much of anything else, but I found some that are comfortable and hug my feet and are cute! I actually got a pedicure and had my toenails painted pink. Nothing like a little polish and sparkle to make a girl feel good, eh?

Anyway.... keeping everyone in my thoughts that you all have nice, pain free days ahead.

Kim
Khewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:11 AM   #71  

Oh Kim.....can I sypathise with you or what......oh for some comfy shoes! I have lived in trainers nearly all winter as everything I put on hurts. Trainers are the best or were but just lately they are awful too. I have to get sandals or shoes or something for this wedding in July but havent got a clue what. I have very wide feet too which is not good. You have a much better size range in the States but I am not leaving myself alot of time to go shopping as I dont arrive over there until the Wednesday night before the wedding.
My brother called in to see me on Saturday for the first time in ages and he had a pair of Indian Moccassins on his feet that he had bought in Cincinnatti somewhere. They measured his feet and then made them. They were made in one piece and were beautiful. They fitted like gloves and were so soft. They had a thick sole so you could wear them outside. I wear pants, either leggings or trousers or jeans all the time so they would be perfect for me. He is going back there in 2 weeks time so I have been begging him to buy some for me but he said he would need to checkout the price first cos he cant remember how much they were but has a feeling they were a phenomenal price.
Anyway you must be in your glory now to have found something comfortable and that fits ....lucky you.....and you have painted your toenails too ....OMG! I am speechless You must feel a million dollars and so you should once in a while. ......Only eight more posts to go then I can post graphics ..YAY!!!!!!

Last edited by Iamgonnadoit; 06-01-2004 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:22 PM   #72  

Hi ladies.

Iamgonnadoit - Sounds like you had a nice busy day there. The sound of running water is so very relaxing, unless you have a full bladder Sounds nice where you live. You are so right about this message board being MORE than just about weightloss. When you have chronic pain, it is nice to be able to reach out to others that understand. Nobody experiences pain the same way, but we sure do understand how it affect every aspect of our life.

I hope you are able to find some nice, comfortable shoes. That is so very important.

Since you like my little fat cat so much, I am passing him over to you. You will soon be able to post graphics. Hope you like it

Ageoldie - It is nice to have two kids almost the same age, that actually get along. Hope you are feeling well.

Kim - way to go finding new shoes. Those Birkenstocks feel so horrible on my feet. All the bumps hit the wrong place. Anyway, so glad you found a nice pair of shoes and even better you got a pedicure. That must feel good.

Hi Joanne and Angel. Hope you are having a good day.

I have been having such pain in my hands and feet the past few weeks. A nurse, on another site I go to, suggested one of those hot wax machines. I did go buy one and it really helps relieve the pain. Just thought I would pass along the suggestion. Now, I hope everybody has a good day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 12:47 PM   #73  

Oh Wow!!! Thanks for that Anne......Everybody is so nice on here .......Hey I have just notice youre on your 1000th post......WELL DONE!!!!! Goodness its going to take me forever to get there. I will keep trying though. Its been raining all day so I have spent quite a bit of time on here instead of doing all the mundane things I should have been doing like hoovering, ironing, cleaning up and the like. Thing is the same grotty chores are back again tomorrow so if I miss a day who cares. Have to cook though and thats my next job. Dinner! Fajitas today cos theyre so quick and easy.....catch you soon... Byeeee
Old 06-01-2004, 04:18 PM   #74  

For the compliment...Iamgonnadoit. Soon you'll be doing the graphics! I'll be happy for you. I know you're looking forward to it. This is giving you a little time to be stocking up on some to use, later. Looking forward to seeing what you have.

Happy Canuk..that was so sweet of you to do that! Be careful....you know you've already spoiled me! I wish I could afford PSP. I know I would enjoy it. Maybe at a later time.

Kim...so sorry about your pc. I totally understand those frustrations. It's good to hear from you.
Also sorry about your foot problems. My feet have been hurting me a lot lately. For the past year, I haven't been able to wear hardly any kind of shoe. Even house shoes hurt my feet. Just do the best I can.

[B]
Gotta go for now...have a good day.
[/B
]

Old 06-02-2004, 08:55 AM   #75  

Happy... the Birckenstocks definietly take some time to get used to. The first two weeks of wearing them were a little umcomfortable. The heat from your body eventually melts the cork and then they fit your feet like ugly little gloves. But oh my gosh, when you finally get them broken in? Heaven.
Khewes is offline   Reply With Quote