Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 05-26-2004, 08:07 AM   #46  

Hi everybody,
The names list is getting so long now that I just cant go to each and everyone of you just incase somebody gets missed. But I will try and cover some of the important bits that have stuck in my mind. Unfortunately I am a touch braindead due to painkillers for this grotty RA. I have had so much pain this week that I actually went to my GP and said I am getting to the state of confusion as to whether its RA or something else wrong with me. You know how it is, we put every twinge down to RA when sometimes it gets so bad I wonder could something else have crept in. Anyway the GP's wont cut across the Rheumy so they tell you to go home take painkillers. In other words go home and suffer. I see my Rheumy on the 15th so we will just have to float for a bit.
Noodles......My neighbour has two cats and last summer one went missing and it had sneaked into our garage for 3 days. People have this habit of going to garages and sheds in the summer and leaving the door open a touch and you know how curious cats can be, then they end up getting locked in. Plus if its a cute cat, and I am sure it is other people tend to feed them and then they forget for a couple of days where their home is. I am sure all will be fine.
WELCOME Ageoldie!
Its always nice to have new faces and new chat. Theyre a very graphic, cheerie lot here dispite all their aches and pains. I think I have sussed it out actually, while they are looking for all their gifs and animations they forget about the joints etc.....great therapy. I cant wait to get to 50 posts and I will be joining them.
Linus up in Edinburgh you sound as if your weather is on a par to us down south at the moment. One minute you think summers here and the next we are back wearing our fleeces. Do you think we have had our summer now. All three days of it.
Well I really ought to go and move about a bit before I lock up position so I will get back to you all soon. Love looking at all the pics .....Angel-Lover you are a star at finding the right ones for the right day. Catch you later.....Pam
Iamgonnadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:14 AM   #47  

Pam

I DO hope you get to feeling better, soon! Oh...how I know that is. I really feel for you....& not many understand. I know I keep dwelling that, but it seems to bother me a lot...I suppose more than it should.
We went to DH's cousin's funeral yesterday (a 2 hr drive away). Soon after we got to the chapel, I went to getting a headache, then back got a lot worse, then stomach cramps...I was wondering what on earth was going on! Then, it occured to me...I had forgotten to take my medications (which is a lot, for different things.)! That's something I never forget to do...I was just in a hurry. So...I spent several miserable hours & cried all the way home, from all the pain. I learned a valuable lesson! At least it let me know how much the meds are helping me. This wasn't even for RA! Some of it was for the OA, though.
Stirfried

You did it!!!You can do more & more. The sky's the limit! Just experiment with different things...you'll enjoy!
Linus

My SIL is in the army & spent 1 yr in Germany...my daughter went with him. They liked it alright. Only thing, she KISSED Wal-Mart when she got back!
Noodles

I've never liked my name too much. I think I would like it better spelled Sharlet, though! I'm so sorry about your cat. You know, sometimes they stay gone a long time, then return. There's still hope. If not, maybe some child is giving it a lot of loving.
Seems like every time I start posting, I have to go do something else. Well... it's happened again. I've tried just stopping & returning, but if it takes awhile...my post leaves. Maybe I can come back later today. If not, I check in tomorrow. I get a treatment tomorrow evening, so I'll be "out of it" pretty much for a couple of days. Hello to Ageoldie, Rita, Kim, 2b...have a good day.

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 03:00 PM   #48  
RAR

just wanted to pop in and say HI1! to everyone hopeing that everyone is having a pain free day my OA has been acting up what a way to start the week but thinking postive maybe if Ohio had some better weather some of it would go away well everyone have a great day!!!!!!!! Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 04:00 PM   #49  
Rattie Lover

Hi Girls..

Not much to post. No Cat..he's been gone since Saturday. Kid leaves Friday for the grandparental summer vacation trips, and I'm trying to close up my last auctions so I can run away for a bit too. Going to see my best friends for a bit and lend them a hand with moving and yard sales and play with my nephews. I gotta do something before I really break down. Depression bites me in the butt in times like these. Blah!! Somehow being around the people that have always loved me unconditionally squeezes the life out of the depression. For a bit anyhow...At least my arthritis isn't bugging me too bad!! That's something to be positive about.

Have a good day.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:30 PM   #50  

I hope you ladies feel better soon. I don't think there could be anything worse than depression. Don't have, don't want it! This blasted fatigue is the thing I hate and find hard to deal with. It is worse than the pain. I can lay down, but I can't sleep, although I am just on the outer rim of sleep. It just won't happen. I have O/A in my back and hip, along with Fibromyalgia. I have been trying to not take meds and just make sure and go for my chiropractic treatment. Seems to be working, but I always have meds on hand, for you never know when you need them.

Have any of you tried the tennis balls for therapy? Put two or three into a sock, divided with elastic bands. Lay on the floor, or the bed, or against the wall and apply pressure where it hurts. This helps release trigger points. Although it can be very painful when you are doing it, it feels better after.

I see some of you live in Great Britain. I live in Canada, and spring has had a hard time coming here this year. I believe it has finally arrived now. I hope we get no more snow.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:28 AM   #51  

Hope everyone's feeling well today. I can't stay long...treatment today. Just wanted to let you all know I'm thinking of you. Noodles...Hope you enjoy your get-a-way. Maybe it will help. I'm sorry you're depressed. I believe I've been depressed since the housefire, but, I'm surviving. We ARE hoping to go to Gulf Shores in a couple of weeks. Haven't taken a vacation in awhile, & believe it will help us. I love just sitting on the beach watching the water. Rita...Hope your OA is better. My OA is doing a little better lately. Happy Canuk... I know what you mean about the fatigue. I hate all the other things about RA, but the fatigue really does me in. Like you said, can't sleep, but too weak to get up. My neurologist thinks I have the Fibromyalgia with it....I wouldn't be surprised. I'll have to try the tennis balls. Thanks for the idea.

Well, gotta go...everyone take care. I'll post again when I can.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:08 PM   #52  

Angel, hope the treatment doesn't leave you feeling too awful. How often do you need to have them? Well, FM is just one more pain really. Except it keeps changing all the time. The past while my feet have been really sore and they hurt the most when I first get up in the morning. Hate stepping on them. As the day goes on, the more I am on them, the better they feel - sometimes!!!

Noodles - hope your little break will help with the depression. Sorry you have to go through this.

For those not feeling well, today, I hope you see some improvement soon.

Old 05-28-2004, 12:05 AM   #53  
Rattie Lover

Thanks girls...

I shall return!! Probably in 10 days or so. Have a good weekend everyone.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 08:23 AM   #54  

Well...this is how I'm feeling these days! Happy Canuk...I feel like I'm on that rough ride! To answer your question...I go every 5 weeks, now. Started out 8 weeks apart. Didn't hold out that long, though. Maybe I'll be better in a couple of days. Everyone have a good weekend!

Last edited by Angel-lover; 05-29-2004 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-29-2004, 10:41 AM   #55  
Hang In There

I've got to find time to play with the graphics and get them down. Last night was my bunco night and I look forward to it every month. Last night we went pretty long and by the end of the night I hurt so bad I felt like crying. Besides the fatigue my legs were hurting really bad. I had about a 20 minute drive home and I was so glad there were people with me so I wouldn't go to sleep at the wheel.

I usually work on Saturdays but since this is a holiday weekend, we are closed today and I think I'm not going to do a thing. My sister is coming over to work on our VBS class starting the 6th and I think we are going to lay out at my son's pool this afternoon. (My son lives two doors down from me) He is playing in a golf tournament today and won't be home. (He is single, so that means the house will be empty)

Hope everyone else is having a relatively pain free day and has a great weekend.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 07:20 PM   #56  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody- I thought I would drop in as I was reading through a few messages. I have oa and the past couple weeks have been painful for me. I used to take all kinds of meds for the oa but, my stomach decided enough was enough. I only take a Darvocet n 100 once in awhile now. Sometimes Advil will help. I think the main thing that helped me was that I have lost a good deal of weight. I also walk 3 miles almost every day. Happy told me about the balls in the sock. I might have to go out and buy some to see if it will work on my neck. Yes Happy still with the neck pain. I think it is oa in there.
I always felt the best thing for depression was exercise.I know when I get upset or down about something it helps me to just get out and walk to the beach. Usually by the time I get there ,I feel better. Just a thought that might help someone..
Angel- I haven't found you for awhile. I hope you are doing well. How is the house coming along?
My son has been with us for awhile . He sold his house and just bought another one. He is in the process of moving. I love him,but, I will be glad when his dog has another bed besides my rugs. My G/son will be going back to Irag probably next month. He is in the navy on a carrier so he should be safe. You never know though till they come back home. He was there during the first bombing. His ship was in the Med. sea then.
Have Nice Weekend...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:59 PM   #57  

Joanne D!

So good to hear from you! I've thought a lot about your beach lately. I've got to get away soon. It's been very stressful around here, & I need time away. Wish I lived close to you! Hey...weigh to go!! Proud for you losing the weight. I also have a son with me & DH now. He & wife are divorcing. They're in a bitter fight over the 2 little girls. Bad times.
The house is coming along a little faster now. Hopefully by the end of summer, most of it will be finished. Either that, or we'll be out of money, & can't finish. Sorry your OA is bothering you so bad. My RA is giving me fits.
I'll be praying for your grandson. My SIL is safely at home & will be out of the service in August & they'll be moving back here. He's having a lot of nightmares. Daughter says they're not about dying, but about being captured. Apparently that was his worse fear.
Do come & visit here often. I miss you a lot! Hope you have a great holiday weekend.

Ageoldie

Sorry you have been feeling so bad. I know exactly what you mean by the fatigue. It is so overwhelming... I'll remember you in prayer tomorrow at church, if you don't mind. A pool would sound nice, if I had one....if not a beach. I'm still not feeling too well, so gonna go. Hope you rest peacefully tonight.

Old 05-30-2004, 04:41 AM   #58  

Hi all, really nice to see some new chatty people coming and saying hello...sad thing is we all seem to be going through the mill at the moment with these grotty aches and pains. I dont know about anybody else but I find when a flare goes on for a while its like a constant toothache and it brings on the tiredness, nausea and depression in that order. Is that how everybody else feels too? Thats my miserable bit over now for a little chat.......Charlotte I dont like it when youre not Chirpy so do feel better soon. I got my son hats over from NJ, remember the problems I had trying to buy one here, anyway would you believe one of them was split so not I am having to chase the company for a new one. Not only that but customs put another $15 dollars on the price and we havent had any sun as such either.
Only another 4 weeks to the wedding and I will be on that 7 hour haul across the pond. Mind you, cant wait to see my boys and their families. I cant wait to see my consultant who did my surgery on my face as he is supposed to be saying whether I can start putting a foundation on over my scarring. Although it has healed beautifully it is obviously still new and very red. He did say nothing until at least July so the wedding being the 3rd might be fine.
I worry about my sons being across the pond but I must say I feel for you if you have sons involved with Iraq, it must be a nightmare for them and you. MY heart goes out to anyone in that position.
Right I am off now....My sister is calling me up for a game of backgammon. I haven't seen her in the flesh so to speak for 20 years as she is in Aussie but we chat and play games on here everyday....great eh? Also everybody in my family has a pc with a webcam so we all chat face to face...... Makes the world alot smaller...
Catch you all soon....
Iamgonnadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 03:45 PM   #59  

Iamgonnadoit I am gonna do it to!!!! I have been on this eating plan for just about a week (started the week before, but went out of town for 3 days, and staying at other's homes just doesn't seem to work well). Anyway, hopefully, I will be down a couple of pounds by tomorrow. It is so hard to shed a pound anymore. I believe all this is welded to my body

I know you will enjoy seeing your sons. That will be so nice for you. Just such a long trip is all.

What a great way to stay in contact with your family. 20 years is a loooong time, so having a webcan and playing games is great.

Ageoldie - the fatigue is worse than the pain for me. At least the pain I can deal with! This fatigue is just so blasted horrible. Hope it leaves you soon.

Joanne - glad you found your way over here. Hope your neck is feeling better, if not you had better go to the Dr. and see what is going on with it.

Angel Lover - Hmmm, was playing in PSP and made you a siggy. Use if it you want to. Hope you are feeling better.

Linus - a new house will be nice. My days of stairs are long gone. We sold our house and moved to an apartment style condo and we are loving it.

Everybody have a nice day.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:37 PM   #60  

Happy Canuk!

I suppose you can see I liked it! That was so very sweet of you. Cheered up my day, knowing you had me on your mind, & was so thoughtful. Have a great weekend!