Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-23-2020, 06:58 PM   #1  

Red face Undiagnosed Autoimmune

I have an autoimmune disease that has not yet been diagnosed. Positive ANA test, but other tests have been inconclusive as to what it is I have. I am struggling so hard to lose weight. I have worked out daily since being sent home to work in March due to COVID. I started with only 20 mins cardio/day and now do at least 40 mins/ day. I walk, do yoga, use the punching bag, do resistance bands, and hike. My dr said not to do anything too hard on my joints as my joints are one of the things that ache all the time due to the autoimmune.

I know weight loss is mostly calories in and calories out, so for a while I was watching that and nothing happened. I got discouraged and quit, but now I'm at a weight I've never been before when I wasn't pregnant and so I know I NEED to be serious. I have about 50 lbs to lose. I'm feeling at a loss on how to start...

Thoughts?
OrganizedChaos79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/185/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Undiagnosed Autoimmune. I'm sorry to hear your having difficulty with weight loss. Are they going to do continued testing to try to find out what's causing your problems? I would keep after your doctor to try to reach a proper diagnosis, because without that you don't know how to proceed.

I would continue with light exercise, but really work on the diet, because weight loss is mostly diet. Do you have a particular plan you want to follow? I try to eat a variety of foods but eat in an 8 hour period that consists of a late breakfast and early dinner. Intermittant fasting with an 8 hour window and a 16 hour overnight fast.

We all struggle with this from time to time. Don't let it get to you. Keep doing what you're doing and eventually you should start to get a drop. Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:25 PM   #3  

This is probably a total grammatical mess so forgive me while I emotionally peck away on my phoneís keyboard. Today I got back scary test results. Test results that leave me questioning what my future will look like and if Iíll be able to be a mom how I envisioned. I came back positive for lupus and rheumatoid Speed Test arthritis. I donít know why to do.
amelbeabk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 05:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/185/142

Height: 5'2

I'm sorry to hear you have received such a scary diagnosis. Its important to talk to your doctor about treatment, and at that time you can discuss the possibility of having a successful pregnancy. Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote