Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262.6/ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Default 31 years old with fibromyalgia and over eating disorder. Anyone else?

Hi, my name is Audrey. I have had an over eating disorder for as long as I can remember. In early 2014, at the age of 30, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic pain syndrome. At my worst (during this period) I was in the low 280's. I have been able to get back into the low 260's, but I am really struggling with getting it together. I am a stay at home mom of 5 and 3 year old boys. My husband works at least 55 hours a week. I gravitate towards food like it is air. I struggle off and on with depression and anxiety. I didn't realize how greatly fibro would change my life. I take meds in the morning and at night and have IV lidocaine therapy every 3-6 weeks. I am always hurting and sore. I just wanted to see if there was anyone else out there in a similar situation. I am trying to jump start my weight loss again. Trying to get the the gym (even though sometimes it can kick my *** to the point of not being able to function after). I am just looking for a support system. Someone whounderstands what it is like not only to deal with an eating disorder, but an invisible disease as well. Thanks for reading!
AudreyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi AudreyL: There is a really good sticky on this forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet...gia-198-a.html
Lots of help for & from those with FM (including me).
Take a read through, you are not alone!
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-27-2015 at 10:35 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/180/150

Height: 5'6"

There are lots of ladies here in situations similar to yours. While I don't have fibro, I do have osteoarthritis, degenerative disc and joint disease, and chronic migraines. I understand how debilitating and depressing an invisible illness can be. Losing won't be easy (I would never lie to you), but it CAN be done. You are in the right place for the support and encouragement you will need.
AngieRR1022 is offline   Reply With Quote