Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Thanks to all you lovely ladies who took the time to post!

I'm so envious of those of you who have no ill effects! I feel like I suffer from every darn symptom that can occur and sometimes feel like a whiner

Anyway, Dec 19th is my big day! I'm hoping to have some relief once I recover.

I still suffer from pain, bleeding, weight gain, etc. The pain is always there so I think I'm used to it. The weight gain is all together another beast! I went to the gym today and see again I gained another 5 lbs. Collectively that's about 25 lbs I don't want to seem that I'm pointing at that fibroid and saying "it's all your fault" but what's frustrating is that my fiibroid puts me in that state of PMS pretty much all the time so that means I have water retention and I definitely eat a bit more than I did before and don't always make the best food choices. I think what adds to the frustration though is feeling that this weight gain doesn't seem to equal what I'm consuming. I still go to myfitnesspal to track my food and walk and exercise each day. LOL I guess this is like having TOM but instead of fighting a week of weight gain I'm fighting each and every day!

Anyway, I'm hoping this madness is over soon and I can just focus on good eating, exercising, and getting back on the weight loss bandwagon. As much as I hate this weight gain I'm trying to relax a bit and realize I just have to get through this and better times will be on the other sides!

Thanks for listening everyone!!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #17  

Well ladies I am post op. I had the novasure procedure. After research, working with the insurance, considering age, and working with doctor this was the best option for me. LOL googling fibroids and treatment was an overwhelming experience of information, differing opinions, and various treatments. Anyway, went with what seemed right for me!

This may be wishful thinking but my belly already feels less bloated. To put that in perspective for nearly a year I've been suffering period bloat...daily! I believe mine was caused more by inflammation than the actual size of my fibroid. Maybe because the lining inside was thinned this has gone down?

Anyway, I'm trying to think really positive, give my body time to heal, and take it one day at a time. Weight loss is probably "last" on my list of what I'd like to achieve but it's an important list all around! I'm looking forward to pain relief, lessening of period and period symptoms, increase of energy due to iron levels increasing (all that blood loss KILLS your iron levels and anemia is a constant battle!), and lastly hoping my weight will stabilize and I can focus again on being healthier and exercising more!
Old 02-08-2015, 05:10 PM   #18  

I wanted to post another update, hope you all don't mind! I just think if anyone else is dealing with fibroids it may be beneficial.

I'm nearly 2 months post op. Still struggling with weight loss but it's getting better. My biggest obstacle has been getting my energy level back to normal. When you read about novasure it sounds like a simple procedure but it does take time for your body to adjust and heal. Initially I felt fabulous afterwards! Then when it came time that my normal cycle started I felt terrible! Major fatigue and some pain. I was really depressed when this happened but realized from past experience that my iron levels could be low, so I started taking my vitamins again (why did I even stop?!) and within 3 days felt much better and a week later my energy level was back to normal. Due to vitamin deficiencies I need to take vitamins anyway, so even a small blood loss can drag me down. I feel I learned the hard way that taking my vitamins is not an option it's mandatory for me feeling the best I can.

I have good eating days and bad eating days, but slowly I'm getting that back on track too. The fatigue caused me to cave in and eat bad foods because they were convenient and easy. I felt so good today I spent a good deal of time making some homemade dishes with good ingredients so I'm preprared for this week and plan on starting off on the right foot Monday.

Thank you all for listening! I hope this may help someone if they have faced this obstacle in life. Many women live just fine with fibroid but I was one of the unlucky ones who could not. I was afraid to admit there was something wrong and am so glad I finally took care of ME! If anyone wants to PM me and ask questions feel free!
Old 03-11-2015, 05:13 AM   #19  

I am nearly 3 months post op and am nervously hoping I'm finally leveling off. My weight has been up and down and lately up up up. The worst was getting up one morning to put on a pair of my larger jeans and finding that fresh out of the dryer they wouldn't fit at all That was kind of the deal breaker for me. I expected post op I'd just go back to the old me, but that didn't quite happen. I finally settled myself down and am focused on eating better and getting my exercise routine back into play. I think I didn't realize what a struggle it would be! I thought I'd wake up from surgery my old self, and this is definetly taking a strong effort. The symptoms from my fibroid caused so many food cravings I had turned back into a food junkie and now that I'm post op I need to work on that. Daily it's still a struggle, anytime I want to eat something "bad" I worry that my surgery was not successful. I was upset to set my tracker to 220. I had vowed to stay under 200 but my illness took over. Since I've refocused my efforts I'm 3 lbs down and cautiously optimistic that the worst is behind me. I just need to keep on track and I know I'll be successful!
Old 03-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #20  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Hoping you're doing well!
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
Hoping you're doing well!
Thank you! I'm still struggling with the weight. I'm down a total of 4 lbs but that's taken over 3 months to achieve and unfortunately I've still been fluctuating so it just seems I'm gaining and losing those same few lbs. I made a doctor's appt. I feel I need to address this issue, along with still experiencing pain (not as frequent but still there), and the chronic fatigue (I feel there isn't enough vitamins and/or coffee in the world to perk me up!). I'm concerned this fibroid may have grown
Old 04-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #22  

I finally saw my gyno and they ordered more testing. I'm embarrassed to say I had a mini meltdown in the office. Because of this meltdown, chronic fatigue, and unexplainable weight gain they ordered a full blood work up and also another pelvic ultrasound. I'm so relieved to have further testing but each day is a struggle trying to figure out what's wrong. Sadly I hope they find something, if not I'm at a loss.

I miss having energy more than anything and am most frustrated about my clothing not fitting. I know it sounds vain but I have none of my larger sized pants left and am down to one pair of pants that still fit. Money is beyond tight so buying a new wardrobe isn't an option.

I'm trying to find some humor in all of this wondering if I could fool anyone at work into thinking my yoga pants are actually dress pants!

Hopefully the doctor will have my results Monday or Tuesday. If they could at least pinpoint a deficiency somewhere I could at least figure out what my body is lacking and address it. I'm praying for a miracle cure here that if my body is lacking a vitamin/mineral or is overproducing something it can easily be taken care of and will fix all of my problems. LOL is that too much to ask?!!!!

Thanks for listening!
Old 04-30-2015, 05:19 AM   #23  

All of my blood work came back within normal ranges (this depressed me a bit as I'd love to point the finger at a simple vitamin deficiency). Afterwards I went for my pelvic ultrasound and I now have 2 fibroids...one 7 cm and one 3 cm. It's kind of like and orange and a golf ball inside of there. Lots of ladies have suffered from larger but I can say for sure these 2 I have are really causing me problems...always on the brink of fatigue (I have to take my vitamins or I literally cannot get up in the morning or do the things I have to do), reoccurring pelvic pain, and excess weight I just cannot take off irregardless of how well I eat or how much I exercise Additionally, this excess weight is causing me to have issues with my blood sugar (something I always controlled with exercise and diet. Next step is hysterectomy. That's a tough choice, but as much as I try to get up each morning with a good attitude determined that I'm OK I realize this is just not getting any better.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:12 PM   #24  

Finally got ref'd to another doctor to do a laproscopic hysterectomy. After dealing with extreme pain it's a relief. Now days from surgery the insurance and the hospital are trying to decide if my insurance covers this. What a nightmare! Everything was taken care of beforehand and now at the 11th hour this comes up

Last edited by vealcalf2000; 05-17-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #25  

Height: 5' 2"

Vealcalf2000 Reading your horrible experiences and sympathizing.

Want you to know I'll be checking in here to support you for a while. Can't imagine the frustration you must be feeling. May you have safe and successful surgery that stops all this pain and madness!!
love2garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:43 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2garden View Post
Vealcalf2000 Reading your horrible experiences and sympathizing.

Want you to know I'll be checking in here to support you for a while. Can't imagine the frustration you must be feeling. May you have safe and successful surgery that stops all this pain and madness!!
love2garden thank you so much! By tomorrow I should have an answer. I'll be terribly upset if my surgery is cancelled this week, but I'm trying to think positive I suppose the worst case scenario is finding a new doctor and possibly starting all over again. I just think it's such a shame that I went through all of the steps to make sure this was covered in network and now I'm waiting for an escalations dept to make the final determination.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:56 PM   #27  

Can you believe no answer on surgery today? I called the nurse handling it and she said she hasn't heard from the insurance even though they promised her an answer today. Surgery is supposed to be Wed. I put the time in at work already, worked extra hard to make sure everyone was ready for me to be off, did my blood work, am prepared to fast tomorrow and still have no idea if this will happen.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:35 PM   #28  

Finally the insurance co and the hospital figured it out and I had my surgery on Wed. Im sore from the surgery but already feel better and I've lost a few lbs and no longer have PMS cravings!
Old 05-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Default Do Fibroids really cause weight gain or just a slow metabolism from heredity and bad

I have 5 fibroids and ovarian cysts and finally got below 200 Lbs. I have had to work really hard and have finally gone and done it. I am NOT into surgery so I am just going to wait n see what happens with these abnormal benign female growths w/in me. but I feel that I am responsible for my weight loss not any surgery that I would have to remove those. However since I have so many of them , I probly would drop about 10 Lbs after the procedure to kill the growths. They do make me feel like I have alians swimming around inside of me though. They cause a lot of contraction on my bladder all day long and I am constantly urinating as a result of them. I should kill those stupid benign growths inside of me ha???I may just feel more liberated of a female after all that is out of me too. gee, perhaps I shall consider using technology and modern medicine to my advantage too...Thanks for the Mind Seed Gals.....

Last edited by 1Bluerose68; 05-22-2015 at 08:06 PM.
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:18 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bluerose68 View Post
I have 5 fibroids and ovarian cysts and finally got below 200 Lbs. I have had to work really hard and have finally gone and done it. I am NOT into surgery so I am just going to wait n see what happens with these abnormal benign female growths w/in me. but I feel that I am responsible for my weight loss not any surgery that I would have to remove those. However since I have so many of them , I probly would drop about 10 Lbs after the procedure to kill the growths. They do make me feel like I have alians swimming around inside of me though. They cause a lot of contraction on my bladder all day long and I am constantly urinating as a result of them. I should kill those tupid benign growths inside of me ha???I may just feel more liberated of a female after all that is out of me too. gee, perhaps I shall consider using technology and modern medicine to my advantage too...Thanks for the Mind Seed Gals.....
I too felt like I was in control of my weight loss and worked so hard to eat right and exercise and still gained. It wasn't until I went to two different doctors and learned my uterus was expanding and the fibroids were growing. Many women live quite well with their fibroids. I was not so fortunate because of the location and their continuing growth nothing was getting better...constant pain, bleeding, fatigue, unexplained weight gain. Not to mention not being able to do the things I loved due to always being tired or fearing I'd embarrass myself (I had to start carrying extra sets of clothes for fear of bleeding out). This was a personal decision for me and I'm happy to say already the pain and bleeding are gone. I'm anxious to recover so I can exercise again and just be me again!