Anyone have any joint pain from progesterone cream?

• Using the "bio-identical" progesterone cream and i have for years (topical) which i think is a bad idea even though it's all the rage right now and i think it was responsible for a lot of the bad stuff i went through emotionally during my 100 lb weight loss as it stores in the fat cells

Anyway, i have fibromyalgia and CFS and probably a touch of RA or just regular osteo-arthritis, all i know is i have joint pain especially in my hips and knees and sometimes the joints in my hands just ache but it's all intermittent. A few days ago i decided to try the Progesterone cream again and i don't know if it was a fluke or it was because i had a stress attack but my knees and hip joints flared pretty bad.

Anyone else have experience with this?
  • What has your weather been like?

Major shifts in barometric pressure, have large impacts on joints, pain, arthritis and moods!
  • Actually it's been steady! i am wondering if the huge fit i threw from being stressed out has anything to do with it? (yes i imagine it does, LOL)
  • Are you still using that cream? Because if you think it's a bad idea and you believe that it contributed to issues you went through, then I have to ask why would you keep using it?

Friendly question, of course I didn't want you to think I was being rude
  • no i'm not still using it but still having issues. Only test would be to initiate it again and see
  • You didn't mention why you're using the cream, whether it was to stabilize your cycle, for PMS, or for perimenopausal symptoms but I've got quite a bit of experience with bioidentical hormones and I've never heard of joint pain associated with progesterone's use in any way.

Now there IS a condition known as "menopause arthritis" -- which I happen to have, and I'm only beginning perimenopause, lucky me -- which is linked to low estrogen as well as a general hormonal imbalance. It was dreadfully painful, to the point that it was interfering with my life. Once my doctor started me on low dose estrogen and I started using topical pregnenolone the pain vanished almost overnight.