A fresh outlook of my thighs

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • If you don't see the results you want in about a year then I would definately hire a trainer. Like I said, even if only for a few sessions, it's well worth it!! Happy thigh thinning to you!
  • Thanks!! Good luck to you too!
  • I hold my weight in my tummy and my thighs primarily. As I lost weight, it went off of my tummy and everywhere else (especially boobs!) but was slooooowwwww to go off of my thighs. I mean, I dropped down to the bottom of healthy bmi weight range before my thighs showed much appreciable difference (and at that point my normally large chest was almost non-existent). I think we all just hold our weight differently and lose weight differently.

One thing I will definitely second though is weight training! Even if weight training can't cause you to lose weight on its own (diet is also crucial), it definitely helps change the shape of your legs. No matter the weight, when I am doing sincere weight training, my muscles show through. At my highest weight I was doing heavy weight training and I think my legs looked a lot better than when I was 60 lbs lighter and not weight training.
  • Quote: I hold my weight in my tummy and my thighs primarily. As I lost weight, it went off of my tummy and everywhere else (especially boobs!) but was slooooowwwww to go off of my thighs. I mean, I dropped down to the bottom of healthy bmi weight range before my thighs showed much appreciable difference (and at that point my normally large chest was almost non-existent). I think we all just hold our weight differently and lose weight differently.

One thing I will definitely second though is weight training! Even if weight training can't cause you to lose weight on its own (diet is also crucial), it definitely helps change the shape of your legs. No matter the weight, when I am doing sincere weight training, my muscles show through. At my highest weight I was doing heavy weight training and I think my legs looked a lot better than when I was 60 lbs lighter and not weight training.
    True story! I can't agree more.
  • Quote: Throughout my weight loss journeys my thighs have always been kind of problematic. I realized today that the problem was all in my head. I have huge thighs. Always have had. Even when the rest of my body, tummy, arms, neck, waistline were slim and skinny, my thighs were fleshy and big.
    I have big butts too. Big and round. They too have always been like that. my butts are not a problem for me though. I must say I love them.
    My thighs however I don't understand. They never get skinny when I lose weight. They always move from being FAT AND HUGE to be TONED AND HUGE. Picture a Serena Williams thighs and butts on a much smaller frame!

In my mind I picture the fat stored in my thighs as being so settled, like they've been there for so long that they belong there forever. They've gotten stronger that me, they've hardened up and they're unmovable. So I always gave up on them.
    Also the truth is that I hardly stay on a serious diet more than 3 months.
    I guess I was being to fatalistic.
    Since my new journey is going to be a year long one on a treadmill I have decided to see my thighs from another viewpoint. After all, it's just fat right?
    I can really relate to this. My thighs are the biggest thing on me and you could see me coming a mile away because of my thighs. Though in the past when I was a exercise fanatic my thighs never did firm up I think because I have so much fat and cellulite on them. They're dimply and saggy and constantly rub together when walking. I mean most of my thigh area rubs together. Every time I lose weight it seems my thighs only go done to a point while the rest of my body gets slimmer. It's genetic but I so envy women who don't have this problem....especially in the Summer.