plantar fasciitis/achilles tendonitis

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I had Plantar Fascitis on my right foot 2 yrs ago -- it was painful as **** and I just couldn't walk! First I went to see my PCP and she injected a Cortisone injection right in the sole of my foot. But that didn't help me at all. I had been too lazy to exercise so I never did any of the exercises she gave me for healing the plantar fascitis. Since I stay at home, and my pain isn't pronounced while simply walking around the home, I managed without any medical treatment or exercise for 1 year full. Then miraculously the pain disappeared all by itself! Now I am pain free for almost an year. I walk on the treadmill regularly these days. Sometimes a slight/rather very slight pain appears on the site where it used to pain previously when I had the plantar - but it is just for a few seconds then it feels alright.
  • shoes
    Quote: The best thing I did for myself was to invest in Dansko clogs. I wore them daily for about a year until the pain finally went away. I now venture out to other shoes, but am partial to shoes with good arch support.
    After I read this post a couple of weeks ago I was all ready to go and splurge on them. Then I remembered that I really need the support on the inner part of my foot up to my ankle which is why I like boots.

I was just on jury duty for 5 weeks and had hardly any pain. I went back to work yesterday and was on my feet for almost 5 hours and was in tears on the way home. My days are numbered there.
  • I have some Danskos but find that Merrells are better for my feet, they are made with womens hips taken into consideration * the Q angle. I wear New Balance sneaks. I wore the think that pulls your toe back at night, took anti inflams and it took about 5 months
  • I had it for years and it was even painful when I wasn't walking. Surprisingly, mine healed after I started eating an anti inflammatory diet. Wheat is a big trigger for me. I don't have celiac, but I did test positive for a wheat allergy. Not saying that's you issue, but throwing it out there as what worked for me. I also walk barefoot most of the time now. When I'm not, I wear kalso earth shoes.
  • I suffered through steroid shots, etc. The only thing that eventually helped was losing weight. It was like a miracle--the pain just disappeared.
  • Quote: I had it for years and it was even painful when I wasn't walking. Surprisingly, mine healed after I started eating an anti inflammatory diet. Wheat is a big trigger for me. I don't have celiac, but I did test positive for a wheat allergy. Not saying that's you issue, but throwing it out there as what worked for me. I also walk barefoot most of the time now. When I'm not, I wear kalso earth shoes.
    Wendyland, was it an immediate change or over time? I cut out wheat for five weeks but didn't see any change in my feet.
  • It was fairly soon for me. Within a couple weeks, I noticed a dramatic effect on my feet. I was actually doing this challenge called the whole30 challenge. I basically only ate meat, fruit, and vegetables, nuts for 30 days. I did it to see if I had any other food allergies. It was very challenging but I really felt good by the end of it. All my joint and foot pain was gone.