Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 09:46 PM   #1  

I just registered tonight and was wondering if there is anyone with a problem similar to mine that needs to lose weight. With my job (I work evenings til midnight or later) I can't get to any meetings for WW so am trying to do the 1-2-3 at home on my own. Need any and all support that I can get as I'm divorced and live alone.

angiej6
Old 03-11-2001, 04:19 PM   #2  

Angie, I also works nights and is divorced. I need to lose weight because of high blood pressure. I didnt join no group or nothing but started losing with the Richard Simmons food plan. I have lost 53 pounds and is aiming to lose more. Yes, losing weight does help lower the blood pressure and even can get you back to normal. I was once on 4 pills and now one is completely stopped and one has been lowered in dosage. The key is to exercise. I never did at first. I hated the word. But I found a FUN way to do it. I exercised daily to Richard Simmons tapes. They are fun tapes because it is dancing which is a form of exercise. It is dancing to the oldies music. Just to do at least 20 minutes of any form of exercise is good. I do the entire hour videos. I have many so I wont tire of the same video. But anything you do, even walk, helps the blood pressure. And I change the way I eat as well as the food I eats. I am now making and buying healthy choice meals. So all you have to do is accept what has happened to you health and aim toward a goal to do something about it. Buy working at nights, before I go to bed or eat anything, I do my exercise. OH, and you got to drink water. Water is the best thing for your body and its fat free and no calories. You need to drink at least 8 glasses a day. Get educated on a lifestyle change and you will do fine.
Old 03-11-2001, 05:49 PM   #3  

I have found that after about 5 minutes of trying to exercise that I'm so out of breath that I'm just gasping.
I can do the walking but not at a real fast pace. I'm still trying to watch what I eat and am trying to follow the WW 1-2-3 plan on my own. I've only been trying to work on my new life of eating right for about 2 weeks and have only lost 5 lbs. Doesn't seem like much but every oz. helps.
One of my main problems is that I don't like to drink just plain water and usually don't eat but once maybe twice a day. I know that this is a big problem that I have got to work on and get under control. I believe that this is one reason why it is so hard for me to lose.
It sounds like you have gotten a good handle on what works for you. Congratulations on the 53 lbs. weight loss.
Good luck
Closed Thread