Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #1  
Art Wench

S/C/G: 210/192/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Dieting with Adrenal Fatigue

Hello!

I am certain I have Adrenal Fatigue (EVERY symptom) so my usual "eat less" approach isn't working anymore. I also usually eat low carbs because my family is riddled with diabetics on both sides, but if I eat TOO less carbs (like on Atkins Induction) I gain weight or stay the same. So I'm trying to find my balance on what types of foods to eat to keep away diabetes and heal adrenal fatigue. Any ideas?

Also, as per how MANY calories to eat, I am at a loss. I have a sedentary job, and I think my number of needed calories is lower than most people, because I'm on my 3-4th weight loss journey in life (each time I find I need less and less food). So any ideas on how much I should eat on a NON workout day?
Comicbookmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I'd make my first stop a doctor's office to get an actual diagnosis. Those same symptoms can be caused by other things like stress, illness, thyroid problems. I'd then visit a registered dietician to come up with a meal plan to address my health needs.
Good luck!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #3  
Art Wench

S/C/G: 210/192/160

Height: 5'8"

Hello and thank you!!

I do not have insurance and cannot afford the testing involved to get a diagnosis or a dietician set up, so I'm looking for as much advice online as possible! Thanks again!

Last edited by Comicbookmommy; 03-08-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Comicbookmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Default I suffer from intermittent fatigue related to asthma.

I had no idea that I had asthma or that it caused fatigue. I thought asthma meant acute attacks and didn't know that it could also be a chronic condition resulting in perpetual oxygen deprivation. I also didn't know it was aggravated by exercise so I'd get into a cycle where I'd begin exercising regularly and then find that the harder I worked, the less effective I was being. I'd get weaker instead of stronger and it would become less and less fun. Eventually I'd quit, then feel guilty for not having willpower. I thought maybe it was the result of age or that I was depressed. Finally, I went to a doctor who told me my lungs were operating at 50% capacity. I started using an inhaler, and steroids and it helped a lot. I was less tire and could enjoy my African dance classes and hiking again. I slept much better at night and didn't drag through the day. Also, I got weekly allergy shots which made a huge difference. Now the asthma has returned but not as bad. Time to get the allergies reevaluated again. Probably need to start the shots. Also steroids. Sigh. But it really helps.

I used to go to Curves and I would notice that my strength on the machines would shoot up but then start dropping, and that as my strength dropped, so did my enjoyment of the activity. It was really startling. I thought it was adrenal failure too, so yes, go to your doctor for sure!
PunkysMom is offline   Reply With Quote