Anyone have bone spurs on their feet?

• Sounds like such a tiny thing - "bone spur" - I have this shooting pain on top of my foot that makes me limp. It hurts like crazy - not all the time. It comes and goes. Went to the foot Dr. a few weeks ago and he said it was a bone spur. He pointed to where it was and said sometimes the pain is in other places because of the ...(then he gave me the medical reason that the pain spreads.) I have been walking a LOT - it's my primary key to my weight loss so far. We are going to Disney in less than 3 months and I'm scared that I'll be limping from pain in my foot. I was there once before on crutches after knee surgery and they gave me a fast pass. I could probably get one again but hate to do that. I have heard surgery is an option for bone spur but also do not want to go that route. Just curious if anyone has had the problem and what they do to help relieve the pain? I'm getting ready to prop it up and just ice it.
  • i had what was the beginning of a bone spur the dr said, then later he said it wasn't a bone spur. it was definitely sticking out. for me, he said i needed arch supports. after i eventually finally got them and wore them for months, i realized the spot was gone.
  • I had an inoffice Laser operation 27 years ago- not a problem since then, my DD had one and saw a chriopractic-energy worker and she has never had a problem again either.
  • I have actually had 4 foot surgeries, 2 of them, all or in part were to remove bone spurs. The first heel spur surgery had to be done because it had broken and if it would have displaced things would have been much worse. The second spur (on my other foot) was taken out since I was having tarsel tunnel and plantar facia surgery any way.

Without going the surgical route, some type of orthotic possibly prescription, might help. I don't know if there is a way for total relief without having surgery. Beware though, they grow back. My first one has already started.