Hands/feet falling asleep all the time

• For the past 3 or 4 months, my hands and feet have been falling asleep like crazy! Every time I lay down on my hand for more than a minute it falls asleep. Same thing with my legs they fall asleep incredibly easy now. I never had this before, even at my highest weight. Sometimes I will also feel a bit of a numb sensation in my wrists as well during the day. I don't know how it could be carpal tunnel, but until I go to the doctor next week I won't know for sure.

Have any of you experienced a similar problem and know what it is? I know I could just wait to see what the doctor will say, but I'm getting kind of antsy and thought maybe some of you have experienced something similar .

Thanks!
  • I have the same issue- I have carpal tunnel in both wrists... I also have a tendon issue that causes chronic inflammation hence the numb feet... it is inflammation/nerve related for me but there are.probably a million possible causes.
  • Same here! Over the last few months, my feet will go numb. I can be WALKING(!) and they will become extremely heavy. My hands and arms only do it if I am lying down on them.
  • I've had that -- usually at the highest weights. I chalk it up to poor circulation from being obese since losing some weight tends to clear it up.

Have you seen a doc tho? To be sure it isnt' something else?

A.
  • Ok, good at least now I know I'm not crazy!

Even at my highest weight I never had this problem. Now I'm not obese anymore and this has started to happen. I am going to the doc next week so hopefully I will get it sorted out.
  • Cold feet and hands
    Cold feet and hands could be any of the above mentioned issues. Have you tried taking vitamin B, Liquid is better. As well maybe add some Tumeric to your nutrition/diet is a natural anti-inflamatory.
  • happens to me all the time dont worry about it!
  • Miraz- did the doctor have any answers for you? I hope it has gotten better for you!
  • I have neuropathy of my hands and feet also. There is a lot of info on the internet about it, but your doctor is the best at diagnosising your problem. But do see a Neurologist.
    Good luck to you.
  • Maybe this is caused by a restriction to the blood flow to your hands, so temporarily your hands or feet will feel as though they have gone to sleep, when you have been laying on them or you have something on top of them.