Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #1  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

Post dieting after chemo

i've just finished 4 months of chemo and though I still have some of the 'medicine' in my system, i'm wanting to get back on my diet before i go in for the mastectomy. while going on chemo my big concern was maintaining my weight, but that meant eating anything i could keep down and would give me energy (i worked during all that too).

does anyone have good tips? all i'll be able to do after the surgery is walk for excersize (and to aid in drainage and blood flow)
eroica27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5.3

Hi Eroica27! I am happy to read that you made it through the chemo and it is over at least.
I was dx'd with breast cancer, mastectomy and went through almost 2 yrs. of chemo. I can sure relate to the frustration of wanting to get rid of those pounds gained through the steroids etc.

I just joined the forum yesterday and am hoping to learn from these ladies who have enjoyed their successes and get some accountability on my way.

Sorry I couldn't be of help. Though wanted to give you a high-5 and let you know you are not alone. You will get through this - you are a survivor

Last edited by Michelle Grey; 02-17-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Michelle Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/191/170

Height: 5'7"

Hey! Ovarian cancer survivor here, just received my 10 year remission badge.

I wish you luck on your operation and full health recovery. My best advice to you is don't rush. I think my biggest mistake was wanting to get back to "normal" as fast as possible, and this actually made me gain weight after my first year of remission.

The other thing I should mention (and my apologies if it comes off as frank, but people are afraid to bring this up. It's important) don't allow your current low weight to define you subconsciously as healthy. In the here/now you may be thinking "What is she thinking" but yes, subconsciously we can get that message and not realize it. Just focus on feeling good and not letting the scale be the most important factor in making that happen.

Chin up and best wishes!
swiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5.3

That's awesome, Swiggy!
I did the same thing as you. I really wanted to be "myself" again after all the steroids & chemo... Wanted that instant gratification.

Now 2yrs.out of chemo, I am going to gently ease back into my routine only cutting back on all the junk food and begin walking again.
Yes, as others on the forums have recommended, throw that scale away!!!

Last edited by Michelle Grey; 02-21-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Michelle Grey is offline   Reply With Quote