Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #106  

Default Hey There

Hello Candice and Everybody.. I try to reply when someone comes on..
Candice ,not much rain lately.. Season for rain pretty much gone..Yes the kids have been helpful although things seem to be going downhill lately.. The daughter in law needs her own house to run.. I think so too. Our house is kinda small with one bath room. Time will tell if things smooth out.
I am still having a problem with my back.. It is better but could be even better..
This is the first cool day and it looks like it may get cooler by night. But, this is Florida and you never can be certain how the weather will be.
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #107  

Joanne as DH says after 3 days company stinks like fish! Something like that..I think it would be ahrd to live with 2 families under one roof and obly 1 bathroom is a nightmare! Hope it allworks out for you and them.

I am hurting really bad...weather and overdoing I gues.

WE need Meme and Ann to check in!!!!!!!
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #108  

Default Hey There

Candice , I think and want them to get their own place if this doesn't settle down.. I am going to be 80 in March. I don't any or need this stress.. Right now we are getting hostility.Yes to be right they need to move.Prayers needed...Joanne
Old 11-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #109  

Sending prayers our way....hope all works out for your family.......no one needs extra stress!

I am still aching...got some relief for a few days....we are geting rain and a very cold front coming through.....been baking some for a cookie excahnge...it warms me up! But Then I EAT too much!
Old 11-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #110  
Lifestyle Changer

S/C/G: see sig

Height: 5' 6"

I am new here and have RA and fibromyalga
Rhonda Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #111  

Happy Thanksgiving Jo Ann, Candice, Meme, Mima and to all Americans. I am so glad that Canada's Thanksgiving is in October. Don't think I could handle 2 big holidays within a month. Hope you have a fun time.

Jo Ann - Hope things are settling down at your house, and that your son and DIL have found a new place to call home. It isn't living with others for a long period of time - unless they are children (little ones)

Candice - hope you are feeling better. The weather plays such a role in pain levels.

Rhonda - welcome to our little thread. Nice to see another Canadian here. I was in New Foundland last year, and it is an amazing province - so very different than the rest of Canada.

Pain levels have been higher with the change of season. Also, have developed hypoglycemia and had a bit of fun with that one. I seem to be doing better on that level now. Good grief, it's always something, and the Afib is playing games NOW! Need to get in to see my Dr about that.

Well, that's about it. Wish Meme would stop back, but I understand not feeling well and trying to think. Mima, wish you would drop in as well. You are now in Florida?? Did "Sandy" get to your area??

Everybody have a good day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #112  

Default Hey There

Welcome Rhonda.. Tell us something about yourself.. Are you trying to lose weight? Do you have children? Etc...
Candice,Happy, hello..Things are about the same here. I am waiting to hear that the son and his wife are finding a place to move to. It doesn't look promising yet.I am trying to keep control of my life as I want it to be.
My back is a little better. I fell again the other day and that set me back some. That doggy gate is no longer there for me to fall over.. Christie now has the run of most of the house..
Thanksgiving is almost here. For the first time it will just be the hubby and me. The son and wife are going to her daughters.. I will cook a small turkey and dressing for us.. Our daughter and her hubby are going camping somewhere in Ga. As I said this will be the first time all our family will not be together.. Makes me a little sad.. I just can't handle the large gatherings and all the work that goes with it.. We thought about going out ,but, around here it would be hard to get a foot in a door of a eating place without a long wait.
It is cool here today.In the 60's. It will be much warmer in a couple days. Yes,I know that is warm to a lot of you.HA!
Have a good week everybody.
Joanne
Old 11-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #113  
Lifestyle Changer

S/C/G: see sig

Height: 5' 6"

I am 50 and way over-weight, I currently weigh 291 lbs and I am 5ft 6in. I have |RA and fibromyalgia. I have 4 grown kids and 4 grandkids, I am also married to a man how lost 80 lbs himslf. I feel the presure is on and I am ready, willing and able to overcome this weight issue, just need some tips and encouragment.
Rhonda Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #114  

Default Hey There

Rhonda , I don't know if they have weight watchers in Canada.. I went when my weight was 212.. I lost 74 lbs . If I could get my act together and get as healthy as I could you can too. I was on a merry go round of lose and gain for 30 years. I have kept most of it off and am now 15 lbs over my goal. Believe me I have tried to lose again. It has not happened. I will be 80 in march. This is a worry to me but I don't want to go back to WW.I feel if I haven't learned anything by now I may never.
Happy the son and wife are still here. They are not showing any signs of moving. This is hard on my nerves. Maybe that is why I overeat. Feel better.
Joanne

Last edited by Joanne D; 11-19-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #115  

Hello gals and Welcome Rhonda...yes WW is great program..I still use it to this day and am staying within 3lbs of goal.

Happy good to see you back ...did you get my card yet? Didn't know your new zip code.

The y beast is back....I get it every December...not fun!......Had an early x-mas with the out of town kids...it was nice.....Got the outside of the hose decorated with my lights and a tad done inside...not going all out this year.cause I ahve not felt the best...arm/shoulder pain and hip pain..so digging through boexes is not a good thing right now.

Joanne...I was hoping they were gone by now...Hugs to you Becareful so you don't break anything!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #116  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody...Still not much relief with the back. Hurts some days and seems better other days.
The son put a nativity scene in front yard. Tree been up since Thanksgiving. We will see how long it takes for someone to say something against it. You never see one anywhere in this area in the past years.
Yes they are still here and it doesn't look like they plan to move. At least anytime soon.. The hubby and I will be going to our daughters for Christmas week. That will give me a needed break.. I have yet to buy the first Christmas gift.. To me that is stressful every year..
We will be married 59 years the day after Christmas.. How the years go by.
Hope you all have a good week.
Joanne
Old 12-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #117  
All Around Crazy Lady

S/C/G: 235/228.5/180

Height: 5' 9"

Smile glad to have found this thread

it's nice to see this thread here. I honestly believe that having FM has contributed to my weight gain. it makes exercise difficult....the last thing I want is to be in more pain.

My FM isn't treatable with drugs. I'm allergic. I have to find other ways to treat it. Unfortunately, my doctor isn't much help in that area. except to tell me I need to exercise and lose some weight.

is anyone out there treating their FM with "non-conventional" methods?
Yami no Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #118  

Default Hey There

Welcome Yami no Ryu.. Not having Fm. I am not going to try and relate to it..I have osetoarthritis ,Heart Dx and am diabetic.. I went to Weight watchers and lost 74 lbs. that helped a lot with my pain.. They have a really good program. I am unable to do much of any exercise now but I still follow the WW program and have been losing a few pounds I put on slowly. I will be 80 in March.If I can lose 6 more lbs ,I will be 150 and be satisfied with staying there. Of course I will take a few more lbs if I am lucky to lose it.. Losing is not easy ,but in most cases can be done.. I just have little will power at times and go on a binge. Not good for me.
Hello Happy,Candice and everybody.. We plan to have a pretty good Christmas. We will be with our daughter. The son is staying here and they will be with her daughter for the day.. They still live with us!!!
I still haven't finished my shopping.UGH!!!
If I don't get back on here MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU
Have a good week.
Joanne
Old 12-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #119  
All Around Crazy Lady

S/C/G: 235/228.5/180

Height: 5' 9"

wow, 74 pounds! good for you! that's amazing.

I do find it difficult sometimes. I hate complaining, because the last thing I want is someone's pity. and most people don't really understand. I don't LOOK sick, after all.

Today is a bad pain day. I'm having one heck of a flareup. so I'll do what I always do....what needs to be done. luckily I work for myself, so I'm able to make my own schedule. this afternoon, I'm working from home. I'll drink lots of water, try to be as comfortable as possible and hopefully tomorrow the pain will be less. it's all good. the cane is still in the closet and after not having used it for just over two years, any day without it is a good day.
Yami no Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #120  

Default Hey There

Stay positive. The easy part is losing The hard part is keeping it off. This has been a life long struggle for me
Joanne