Ok tell me this

• How many carbs should I eat per day? Should I look at the percentage or the grams of the carbs. I'm eating 1625 Cal's a day. Plz help me. I've read and i get different info.
  • You get different info, and you'll get different recommendations in this thread also, because almost everyone has a different opinion AND a different experience when they experiment.

The best recommendation I can give you is to start experimenting with different carb levels and see what works best for you.

I'd recommend a detailed food journal (where you log not only your food, but also your mood, hunger, and even health symptoms like headaches and skin breakouts.

Only by experimenting have I learned that I'm actually allergic to wheat (I break out in a flaky rash that gets uglier and more painful the more wheat I eat).

I still haven't determined my "perfect" carb level. Very low carb, and I'm not hungry at all - that's nice, but I get headaches and dizziness. Not low-enough and I'm hungry all the time and find it harder to lose weight.

You can try Atkins or other low-carb plans that virtually eliminate carbs and then start adding them back gradually until you find your optimal level - or you can start with your normal diet and gradually reducing them until you find your optimal level.

To some degree, your health and blood sugar issues may determine which strategy is better for you. For example, my husband was told to gradually reduce carbs because he is diabetic and at the time was on insulin.

Personally, I use a low-carb exchange plan (which amounts to about 1800 calories and about 100g of carbs or about 20 - 25% of calories from carbs).
  • Well I use fit day and my average carbs in take is between 100 to 150. I think I'll do low fat and carbs. I don't have trouble cheating. I'll just drink a glass of water. So thank you for helping me.
  • Be careful when combining low-fat with low-carb. It's safe to moderately restrict both, but it can be risky to drastically cut both fat and carbs.

Very low-carb and low-fat diets can result in what's called "rabbit-starvation," or sometimes "protein poisoning." It's called that because it was first observed in pioneers on wagon-trains, especially in the winter, where the only food source was rabbit and other very lean meats (protein, but very little fat or carbs)

Reportedly, people died faster (and sicker) than those who ate nothing at all.

The symptoms are pretty extreme, so as long as you know what to look for, and don't think being sick is a good sign, it's not something to be too concerned about.

But there recently was a woman who created a diet (which it turned out she didn't really follow herself - at least not for very long, because she used fake "after" pictures - and didn't lose the weight she claimked to). It was a varient of Atkins that reduced carbs and fat to nearly zero.

Many people got sick from her diet, and a few even died, because they believed her when she said that being sick was a good thing. In fact, she called it SNAT or SNATT and said it was a desireable state and proof that the diet was working (it stood for semi-nauseous, all the time).
  • Wow! Ok well I'll do the low carbs. I count my calories too so. Thank you.