Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:18 AM   #1  
baygurl

S/C/G: 326/See ticker/170

Height: 5 9

Unhappy PLEASE help motivate me :(

Hi everyone it has been a long time since I posted but nothing has really changed including my weight.
I am bi-polar,ibs,generalized anxiety disorder and fibromyalgia and on 5 different meds.I have no energy,no drive,hate myself and I need to take the steps to change my life starting with losing weight.
I wasn't always big until the age of 24 my weight fluctuated between 160-190 then I gained ALOT. In 2 years was up to 326 lets just say it didn't help my depression and self image.
I walked to the doc yesterday 3.3 km and it almost killed me.Pain in my lower back and my thighs I can barely move this morning.I have poor eating habits..I dont eat enough i only eat 1 meal a day and when i tried to eat the 3 meals I found the I was more hungry and overate so I just stick with eating when im hungry now.
Now is more important then ever to finish this journey,my health is getting worse and I want to be a better mother to my children and here to see them grow up.
Life is way too short to spend it miserable.My sister lived her life being unhappy with herself and her weight and this past december she was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver at the age of 30.She never did get the chance to change her life.I want this for myself but I also want to live my life for the life she never got to live as well.
Please help motivate me,give me tips,meals,exercises etc so i can stay focused and make her proud.
baygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #2  

I know how hard it is to self-motivate, and that is why I joined this site. It is much easier to work in a group than to go it alone. I encourage you to post often here, and get feedback from others. Everyone is very friendly.

I have found that making very small goals is what is working for me. Frankly, 10 pound intervals was too much. So, I make it a goal to stay on track for half a day, then for the other half. I don't weight myself but once a month. That way, behavior is the key, not pounds. I reward myself very often, be it with a new scarf or a cup of my favorite tea.

I will look for your next post. I look forward to getting to know you!

Best,
Marcy
malka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

to this site and forum; many people here can identify with your issues and plight. There is lots of info and support here. Just keep coming back; persistance is key. I agree with MARCY wholeheartedly; start small and give yourself time to adjust to a new way of eating and lifestyle. One day at a time is best ... little steps ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I echo the advice about little steps, which is particularly important when you have medical conditions that cause frustration at being limited. I'm not surprised you feel bad after going for a walk of that length! Be careful with pacing yourself. Remember that if need be, it's possible to lose weight without exercise, but over-exerting yourself into a fibro flare won't help anything. And I do know the temptation, I've just had to be firm with myself and resist the temptation to visit a friend in hospital, since I'm not remotely up to doing it.

You're quite right that life is too short to spend it miserable, and I'm glad you've realised that. I'd start by working on the self-hatred, as it's not only horrible to live with but it will make dieting much harder. It may help to remember that weight gain is very common with fibro for a number of reasons, and you shouldn't beat yourself up about it. Best of luck, hon, I know this is difficult.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #5  
I’m not fat….I’m fluffy

S/C/G: 288/274/188

Height: 5'8

I know its hard when everything hurts and everything is wrong. You have to focus on what you CAN do and what you do have. So if you can walk a block, walk that block until you make it to two blocks. But if you sit there and do not try, you are going to feel worse. I know, Ive been there.
Good luck!
cuppycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #6  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

We can encourage each other!!

I have borderline personality disorder, social anxiety disorder, dysthymia, seizures, neuropathy, scoliosis, knee problems, and a few other issues. I take five medications as well. It has been really hard for me to get moving because of all my issues.

My orthopedist prescribed physical therapy for my knee and scoliosis, and its not only helping me to strengthen up, its teaching me exercises I can do.

Start out doing little things. Buy some two pound weights and lift them. Walk. Invest in an exercise bike, if you can afford one (I have one we bought at Wal Mart for about 88 dollars). Get resistance bands. Stretch. Cleaning the house even will get you moving.

I understand how difficult Fibromyalgia is though!! My Mom had it, and I remember how much pain she would be in. And when you are in that much pain, you can't do anything. So when that happens, perhaps try to meditate. I hope you find something that works for you. I'm here for you.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #7  
baygurl

S/C/G: 326/See ticker/170

Height: 5 9

Thanks soo much.In the last week I have walked 1.9 miles per day averaging 43 minutes, I am sure I will not break any speed records,but each day it is getting easier.I plan on staying at this distance until I can do it with no back or hip pain then will increase it a little more.I bought a pedometer which I find very motivating,especially trying to get my times down.One Day,One Pound,One mile at a time.
baygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:50 AM   #8  
My goal = health

I just want to add that on days when I don;t visit this site, my motivation is usually lagging. Try to check in every day, look at the "after" pics and success stories - that keeps me going!
RRB2 is offline   Reply With Quote