3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Gluten free..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/209020-gluten-free.html)

babygrant 08-03-2010 10:50 PM

Gluten free.....

As of today I've started going gluten and dairy free. I'm super tired this evening.....but feeling ok. Need to make some bread so I'm more prepared for lunch tommorow.

Anyone else gluten free???

walking2lose 08-03-2010 11:34 PM

We have a whole thread on the low carb forum -- Paleo/Primal... not exactly just gluten free, but we don't eat grains, so we are by default gluten free. You will lose weight and feel wonderful eating this way.

babygrant 08-04-2010 11:17 AM

Oh awesome thanks you!!!

ghost girl 08-15-2010 03:58 AM

Baby grant, Hello
I am gluten free due celiacs disease,
You can buy gluten free bread Udi's is the best.

Shortymac 08-23-2010 01:53 PM

I'm also gluten free, I recommend getting SCD cookbooks, they are both dairy and grain free! I have the ones by Ramand Prasad and the owners of JK gourmet.

Happy gluten free living! Just be prepared when people look at you funny for ordering a burger or sandwich no bread. :) I usually tell the cashier i'm allergic to smooth things over.

Myrkryder 10-06-2010 05:54 AM

I am also gluten free! Going gluten free changed my life, I have had serious tummy issues which are now gone. I have not been happier ;)

Kate16652 10-06-2010 12:55 PM

Gluten-Free for about six years now, due to Celiac Disease. At first, it was challenging - especially grocery shopping, but it is a way of life now. Joined WW a few weeks ago (3FC today) and the weight is slowly coming off. I've found some really good breads (Udi's bagels, Schar pizza shells, and Grainless Baker hamburger and hot dog buns) BUT the point value is higher than the wheat counterparts.

popspry 10-06-2010 02:35 PM

I am considering going gluten-free/dairy-free to see if that helps my constipation (a common symptom for autistics, like me). I am such a grain-lover though...

DtheFashionista 04-11-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babygrant (Post 3419527)
As of today I've started going gluten and dairy free. I'm super tired this evening.....but feeling ok. Need to make some bread so I'm more prepared for lunch tommorow.

Anyone else gluten free???

BE CAREFUL! I was diagnosed with Celiac's last year and after my diagnosis I gained 15 lbs because I ate so many gluten free products, pretzels, breads, noodles, cookies, and muffins. And although I was eating things I normally ate just gluten free I gained all that weight because a lot of gluten free products are higher in calories than their gluten counter parts...Make sure you're still using good dietingi priciples like calories in vs calories out and all that and you'll do fine.

yoyo mama 04-19-2011 08:53 PM

I am gluten free too - also not by choice. When I'm dieting I eat a lot of corn tortillas and rice cakes. I also enjoy some Udi's bread and Schar's rolls on occasion. Brown rice and quinoa make great pilafs. Good luck!

Teacher2B 05-08-2011 11:06 AM

I have gone wheat free and pretty much gluten free on my own will about one month ago (I have lost like 3 or 4 kilos already!). I might be having to go completely gluten free (need to have some blood tests done).

I haven't had many urges to eat bread and such (though I have been craving some sandwiches lately). Maybe it's because I have pretty much been sick with other ailments during all that time :(

CorinneIrene 05-11-2011 07:14 AM

I went gluten free a few years ago due to gluten sensitivity. Not full on Celiac's, but gluten does cause me problems. However, it didn't last too long as I wasn't too happy with my options (though I love spelt).

I must say, I am very impressed with the growing number of gluten free products. I remember I used to have to read all food labels and go to health food stores and shell out loads of cash. Now, I see that my supermarket has a whole gluten free aisle, and this is in a rural area! I may have to start making more gluten free substitutes in my kitchen again!