3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Fibromyalgia #192 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/197908-fibromyalgia-192-a.html)

MemeToo 04-07-2010 05:21 AM

Jenna decided to stay over so we had 2 days together. Love that kid ... but she doesn't sleep well (like her Meme). She slept the first part of the night and woke up about 1:30 then didn't go back to sleep 'till nearly 5 so I didn't get much sleep because she got back up around 9. We had fun, though. Taught her to crochet, took her to visit hubbys parents and to WM for crochet hook and thread. We got pizza and Baskin Robbins for dinner tonight. She is a very good little girl.

I've been so tired lately. Been using hubbys meter to test my sugar and it has been pretty low. Was just 69 yesterday morning. They say it should be between 70-100 when you 1st get up, but 70 is low. I ate every few hrs all day long and even had a candy bar last night and we never did get it over 100 all day. Then today it was 74 when I got up and I had M & Ms about 2 this morning. I ate every 2 or 3 hrs today, had pizza and 2 icecream cones tonight and it was only 84 before I went to bed. I've been reading up on hypoglycemia and from what I've read all you can really do about it is eat high protein and the right kind of carbs often. Guess I'm going to be going on a diet! If it keeps up, I'll have to go back to the Dr. and try to figure out what is causing it. I don't drink & just had my liver checked so I know it isn't that and I haven't had any stomach surgery so that is out. Not on any of the meds that might cause it, at least I don't think I am ... I'm going to wait a few days and see if it continues. Going to the Rheumatologist next Mon, I may ask him about the meds, he should know. I just had blood work done and my CBC is way down again so between the anemia and this I don't have any energy at all.

On the plus side ... I FINALLY GOT MY TAXES FINISHED TODAY! YIPEE!!!

Joanne D 04-07-2010 10:48 AM

Hey There

Tammy - Sometimes it isn't possible to get along with MIL's they are so afraid that you are going to have some control. Thank God I didn't have that problem with our sons second marriage,the first was a nightmare although we were paying for everything. Even their sons tux. My daughters wedding was good. we payed for everything but a dinner the night before. If there is drama now you can expect to have it forever..
We had a nice Easter weekend in N/Fl. It was so nice to see our kids laughing and getting along with each other. There was some problems in the past caused by his wife. She has a way of finding a problem if something is misunderstood that we say. I try to be careful how I state things around her. She will run to the son and there it goes.. Hope you feel better Meme.
Got lots of laundrey so I better get to it..Joanne

MemeToo 04-07-2010 03:40 PM

Joanne ... I have one of THOSE! Been living with it for 20 years now. She thinks I love my daughter's kids more than I do my son's. Not true. Daughter's kids call us and beg to come over. Daughter calls, emails or texts almost every day about something. Never hear from son unless he needs something. Hard saying but true. His kids never call either. We used to go over but a few years ago we asked to come over 4 different times and was told we couldn't because DIL either didn't feel good, was laying down or packing for a trip ... some excuse or other. We don't bother them much and they never visit us unless it's a holiday or we invite them for dinner ... that got old, they would just eat and leave, so we stopped. We have to have the kids to spend the night if we get to see them - so we don't see them a lot. Daughter calls and wants to go eat or has us over to her house to eat, etc. A lot of difference. Son just doesn't understand and thinks we play favorites. DUH!

Tammy 04-08-2010 03:38 PM

Meme, that is so neat that you taught Jenna how to crochet! Can't go wrong with pizza and ice cream! Boy, your sugar really has been low. bob's dad's was always low too. Me too on the Taxes!!!!

Joanne, I really don't want the drama. I guess since Lauren is moving here, maybe that's part of the problem? Her other 2 kids don't live near her either - one in Chicago, the other in Michigan. I don't think she and Lauren have ever been really close though. The mom has mentioned moving to Michigan, so that's part of the reason Tim and Lauren decided to move this direction. That is wonderful that your family had a nice Easter together!!!

Tim gets off work soon, and he said he is taking me out for dinner. With his crazy schedule, we don't see each other much, so it will be nice to just sit and chat since he doesn't have work or school tonight (rare!!!).

Joanne D 04-09-2010 10:28 AM

Hey There

Tammy- I hope you had a nice dinner with your son..
I have been in a lot of pain with my shoulders for the past few days. Not getting much sleep. The pain meds only take the edge off for a while.. Like the knee ,I can't have surgery.. If this doesn't get better I will go to Dr. next week and tell him something has to be done. The injections didn't work..
Have a nice weekend everybody... Joanne

Happy Canuk 04-09-2010 12:00 PM

Hi. The ground was white this morning. Quite a Spring storm last night. First rain, then wind - lot's and lot's of strong wind, and then snow blowing everywhere. Always makes it far worse when the wind helps out. Anyway, It will be gone by this afternoon and we need the mositure, however, we get it.

Mima - You are selling your house and moving to the campground?? Do I have that right. Then what, will you buy something else, or just move to Florida? Enjoy baby.

Joanne - so sorry you are in such pain. It's terrible when NOTHING helps. Hope the Dr. can help you out. Glad you had a nice Easter trip.

Tammy - hope you and Tim had a nice dinner. Sometimes it is hard to get these young ones away, even for a few hours, as they are very busy people. As for the inlaw, just ignore and continue with what you want to do. Never could figure out why some people need to be so involved in everybody else's life!!!! Both my kids made their own choices, and like it or lump it, it is their life. Nobody is perfect, but we all have to over look stuff.

Meme, Meme, Meme - what in the world are we going to do with you. You just keep pushing yourself so hard. It's time for you to slow down and look after yourself. I know you said you were slowing down, but it hasn't happened, as everybody just keeps piling stuff onto you. Glad you and Jenna had a couple of nice days together.

Well, Spring weather has always caused me nothing but pain, with it's ups and downs; hopefully, it will soon stableize. Did really well from Feb until just a couple of days ago, painwise, and starting Wednesday, the pain rolled in with the weather!! Oh well, this too shall pass.

Hi Kate. Hope all is well with you.

Everybody have a good day.

Mima 04-10-2010 07:14 AM

Well. I am back. so wonderful helping with the baby, but Suzanne was worried about me not getting enough sleep etc-finally slept on the couch. Actually took care of Lily while Suzanne went on an errand. At 71, I can still do it,
Brad ripped up the rest of the floors, except for under the sink. Thank God, there is no mold.I will repeat that-thank God there is no mold.
We were not planning on selling but we were not meant to be landlords and owning a house and living in FL. All I know now is that we can live in the campground from may 15-Columbus Day. We will get storage for now also.
The rest is unknown. We are living on cement for now.
Would love to have bobby make a studio apt in his house-we would give him the money-and have a place for the short time we are not in FL.
Bye for now-Mima

Kate53 04-12-2010 10:49 AM

Good morning all! I know, it's been awhile but I am still around and causing trouble!:carrot:
I had to read through most of the posts so I could find out what has been going on. Mima, two floods in your apartment....wow! I would want to sell too....and I never found it easy to have renters. We did that the first 2 years we owned our FL house and it was a nightmare...a long distance one as well!
Are you planning to move down this way permanently if you sell? I can't imagine you would want to be that far away from a new grandchild (congratulations BTW:D) but I have to ask anyways.
I hope everyone had a great Easter with family. Hubby and I kept it simple, just the two of us. It's been quiet around my house with the exception of our rental neighbors behind us. They are becoming very obnoxious...but we tend to be the kind of people who "live and let live", if you know what I mean? I just quietly wish they woiould find somewhere else to move to.:crazy:
Well Tammy, the wedding date is getting closer! Loved the dress you showed us on Facebook...and try not to mind the inlaws. Things can get awfully tense and stressful just before a big event. I'm sure you worry about Tim and all these little things but you've done a good job raising him so things will be be fine.
I've scheduled my consultation with my doctor for the dreaded colonoscopy....isn't everyone proud of me here? I had my mammogram last week and my regular doctors visit too. I haven't lost anymore weight but I am not gaining so I guess that is something. I have been having an awful time with my lower back though. I am even having trouble walking because of the discomfort....pains in my thighs and groin area. I am making an appointment with a new chiropractor this week to see if I can get back on track. None of the medication is working now and my doctor put me on Flexeril (a muscle relaxer) and Amitryptaline(sp?) which is a antidpressant similar to Lyrica I think. It is suppose to help with my sleep at night which I have not been getting for the past few weeks. Both sides of my "butt" have a deep throbbing at night when I lay down. I am feeling like this all has to do with my lumbar spine issues. I'll find out when I see the chiropractor. Just another day in the life, huh? Well, off to get housework done. Hubby and I are going to power wash the pool patio next Sun and get the carpets shampooed. We will most likely be closing up and turning on the A/C very soon. The weather has been getting warmer by the day. I want the house to be clean and fresh when we do. Hubby is also on a diet and has lost about 18 pounds. Why is it men always lose faster than women??:?: Makes me crazy!
Hope everyone is feeling well and enjoying spring....I'll try to get back here more often! Bye for now.

Mima 04-13-2010 06:36 AM

Good morning-Lily is great-we are meeting for lunch tomorrow so my aunt and sil can see her. Halfway.
We can'y move-Lily and 3 others. Keith was so happy to see his Grandpa on Sunday-That would be Brad;s grandson.
Sent the notice yesterday by certified mail-really like Debbie but the son moved his gf in after Brad told him not too. And they are smoking in the house-have to get rid of that smell. And redo the br which other son painted RED and ruined the rug. In the meantime we are doing ok-living on cement but furniture will go back in place today-can't work on the floors til May 15.
It;s going to take time.
Men and weight loss!!!! But that's good for him.
getting my meth shot today-lol -methotrexate,
Bye -missed the dress Tammy. Mima

Joanne D 04-14-2010 10:19 AM

Hey There

Men have more muscle and can lose faster than we can. My hubby will just not eat when he wants to lose and then gets a lot of joy in telling me how mush he lost.. I want to smack him one..
I have been watching a pair of birds nesting in my yard. They are large ,gray with a black head and the top is bright yellow and a yellow streak along each side of the head. I have looked all over the net trying to find out what kind they are. No luck. I may go to book store and find a book on bird in Fl.Frustrating!Any ideas?
My daughter was walking her dog and talking to me last evening when she cried out and then told me her dog got bit by a cottonmouth snake. At first I thought it was her. She called me back and said the vet said to just watch for swelling . The dog may not have gotten the venom. She walks a trail along her fence line on the ranch. Well to say the least I yelled at her and told her to stay away from that area. She said she wasn't going there again. She fell in some brier (sp) bushes and that wasn't good.
I am still having a lot of pain with my shoulders.. Life is not for sissies
I think I would have already kicked out the tenants. My son at one time has some houses he was renting. He went to one and found out they had a groy house set up and the other was trashed. He soon got rid of all of them and sold the houses. Too much trouble..
Stay well.. Joanne

Tammy 04-14-2010 05:34 PM

Tim and I had a very nice time at dinner last week. We ended up going to Ruby Tuesdays. I hadn't been there in ages. The food was yummy.

Joanne, I wish there was something the doctors could do for the pain you are having. Keeping you in prayers for relief. Your hubby saying that about the weight loss sounds just like Bob used to, and I DID smack him!!!! Those birds sound very pretty, but I have no idea what it would be. Let us know when you find out. Oh my word to your daughter and the dog! I agree about staying away from that area.

Anne, sorry to hear that the spring weather is bringing you pain. I hope that I don't turn in to a meddling mother-in-law after the kids get married and live here in town. Tim said that I'm always busy, so I won't see them much. lol

Mima, you are so fortunate that there is no mold! I know people who have had to completely gut their homes because of mold. That would be great for you if bobby could make a studio apt. for you guys. Boo on the guy moving his gf in after you said no! And ruining the carpet too! I've tried to post pictures on here, but I've never figured out how to do it. Facebook is easier.

Kate, I can come down and make lots of obnoxious noise in your yard aimed at the people behind you. Maybe that would make them move. lol thanks about the dress! I really like it. I think I might be the only one who is staying relatively calm about the upcoming wedding. Of course, I'm just in charge of getting the rehearsal dinner organized. I do think that Bob and I did a good job raising Tim. He is really a good kid (man?). I still haven't had a colonoscopy. Not looking forward to having one, but I know that I should. I have Flexeril, but I don't even remember the last time I took it. It really knocks me out when I take it. Good for hubby for losing 18 pounds, but I'm with you about us not being able to lose that way.

Joanne D 04-14-2010 06:56 PM

Hey There

I found the birds on the net. They are Yellow- Crownded Night Heron. They feed at night in the shore waters and eat small fish,crabs and crayfish,eels tadpoles aquatic insects etc. They usually have 4-5 eggs in nest. Now if a snake doesn't get the eggs we will have babies. but the birds also eat snakes. That's good. I live a block from a bayou out of the Gulf.
The daughter and the dog are fine. she is just scraped up. He is a large rottwieler. (SP) Need to find my dictionary no spell check on this site.. :(
I wish my shoulders would get better. The Dr. says there isn't much more he can do but inject them every 3 months.
Joanne

Tammy 04-15-2010 07:22 PM

I'm going to check out those birds! Hope the snakes don't get the eggs.
eeeeewwww to injections every 3 months.

Mima 04-16-2010 06:36 AM

I have a gf who knows all about birds but I am glad you found out.
We stilll have 2 more places to rip up. One is easy but not the other. This whole situation has me depressed. The tenant's father died and she hasn't picked up the letter yet-she has a po box.
Very cool today-possible snow showers.
Thinking of calling to work for the census-but not door to door. I did it in 2000 and I only did large buildings. Loved it. Bye for now. Mima

Joanne D 04-16-2010 11:03 AM

Hey There

My son came over yesterday to show me how to use the shock collar on Christie. I have to stop her attitude before she pulls me down and I break a hip or something. It gets her attention. Although she went after a kid on a bike before I found the right button and she didn't stop when I did. So I set it higher. She is a very stubborn dog when she wants something.
My son said not to tell anyone about the birds or I might have people in the yard.
Mima- I hope that you can get your floors fixed soon and sell the place.. That would make me crazy too. Too bad the tenants were not down stairs then they would be gone.
Pray for my son ,he is trying to get a Grant for school. He starts in July. My daughter hurt her hip about 2 months ago in school. She bumped it on her desk at school and injured a nerve, She has been to Dr.'s ever since. She was turned down for a MRI. Her insurance will not pay for it. Her Dr. said it was because of the Obama health care plan. How about that???What a mess he has made.
OK, I still have more to iron..
Joanne