Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #61  

Is bedtime yet? LOL

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, just been too knackered. Been making some jewellery, forgot how mentally draining it can be! But I am fairly pleased with the results so far. Will take some pics soon.

Between that and usual household stuff, time has just flown the last few days. We've also been trying to track down some new sofas. Well second hand ones LOL. The ones we have just now are really bad for making my legs jumpy, both sitting and lying down.

Foodwise, well I haven't been great - I'll admit it. Its creme egg season, I can't help myself! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I have been trying though and have been fighting the temptation with caramel snackajacks. I also have been taking a new concoction of vitamins which seems to have been helping me with keeping my energy up. Unfortunately it seems to have worn off tonight!

Will try and catch up next week all, take care! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by TheTigz; 02-21-2010 at 06:27 PM.
TheTigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #62  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI TIGZ ~ nice to have you drop by; always enjoy hearing from you too ... glad to hear that you are making some more jewelry so we can see it. My DH & I used to make wooden toys, plaques, and other woodcrafts many moons ago. We don't do that anymore, but it passed the time and helped us buy groceries during the lean years ...

I do have some pics somewhere of the bigger stuff; never got a picture of the toys though -- wish I had though. We donated the rest we had in storage to Goodwill until they were all gone. We noticed that they sold them all this year, so they are floating around in little boys and girls homes now.

Yes, the temptations out there for us are unlimited; first, there is Christmas, then Valentine's and now Easter and all those candies. I do well with V-Day and even Easter. Sometimes I allow myself just one peanut butter egg if there are any to be had, becuz they are the only ones I like, so that makes it much easier for me. I did really well at Christmas this year. I limited myself to 3 things in my stocking; and I still have some left. I get one mini-dark chocolate square each day; at that rate, I reckon I'll still have some left 'til June or thereabouts ...

OH dear, DH had an accident; knocked over his coffee right into his slippers! Yucky, yuck ... Oh well, gotta laugh at life's foibles, I say. I take vitamins too -- I have deficiencies so I need them, and I really believe that they are helping me too. Hope you have a great week coming up!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #63  
Rosebud

HI PURPLE ~ nice to hear from you, and for two days in a row too. Last night, I was tired, so just did a quick post; but I have more time tonight. I made dinner a bit earlier tonight for that very reason.

We had creamy mac with chicken for a change and DH just loved it. I think I shared that recipe here a while back. I usually make it with lean hamburger, but had some chicken patties left to use up, so did. I used penne pasta with veggies in a creamy mushroom sauce. It was yummy and so filling; and I have some leftover for a nice lunch too.

Yes, you have been very busy; we didn't see you all week until the weekend. I am glad that everything seems to be going well for your Dad and your sister. I'm glad that she is feeling a bit better, even if she has to take a lot of pain meds for now. I know it will take her some time to completely heal though, but walking with a stick is another improvement and step forward (forgive the pun).

I have only eaten Trout when I was a child, but now I can't recall whether I liked it or not; I must have, becuz we always ate it. DH hasn't had it for a while either; I may have to look up recipes on how to prepare it. I think my brother (who always caught it for us) would dredge it in flour or crushed soda crackers and fry it in a pan. I may just google that ...

I will remember what you said about being served horse instead of beef steak in France -- Here that would be illegal; as they can't say it's beef if it is something else. They have to say what kind of meat it is; so it is wise to read labels for sure.

What we find is that they are cutting corners so much that there is just very little meat in some things now. If you want lots of meat, then you have to really pay for it; like double or triple the price. It is getting so that I would just rather make the food at home to be sure of the quality I am getting for my money.

It's amazing your flowers are still coming up when it is so cold there right now, and with the ***** falling lately. Boy, what a surprise to get a big snowfall again last night. We had lots all last week but Mr. finally showed up today, and for all day ... and it was glorious too. We even got to see the sun set through the kitchen window whilst eating our dinner.

That's a sure sign to us that spring isn't too far away. Just 5 weeks until April; and the snow was melting off the roads today as the temps were up above +0C for most of the day. DH just said that the temps have fallen back down to -10C for the night ... oh well.

Hope you have a more restful week; and do take good care of yourself too ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-21-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #64  

"And I know its gonna be..........a lovely dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"
"lovely day, lovely day, love-lee day"

Note to self: Post earlier in the day when I still have some energy left!

Gorgeous day again here, sun splitting the sky but absolutely Baltic! I have a dreadful feeling, this is Scotland's Summer we are getting just now! You'd think it was summer from the sunshine, until you step outside and freeze your butt off.

However, sun + new vitamins = very bouncy Tigz! Yeeeeehaaaaa! Boing Boing Boing ROFL

I am taking a pro & pre-biotic multi-vitamin, Vitamin B-Complex, Coenzyme Q10 & Omega 3-6-9. Seems to be working well. I seem to have more energy and I haven't been as hungry the last few days. Couldn't even finish my dinner last night, which is just not like me. Will see how long it lasts!

SO has started to clear our back garden. He's going to completely gut it and put new wooden panels up and bark chips down. Maybe this year it won't be underwater for 3 months with the flippin rain! Grrrrrrrr. I just hope we get a summer this year. I don't think I can stand another summer of just rain, rain and more rain. When the garden is all done it will be lovely just to sit out there with a coffee or something with a little more kick for SO (I need to come off the meds to drink ).

Got to go collect the kids from school soon. They have a concert tomorrow, all Scottish Music at the Village Hall. Should be a good laugh.

"Ah, ye cannae shove yer Grannie aff a bus - PUSH PUSH"
Take care all Hope you all have a good day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 02-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #65  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, the temps actually fell down to -15C last night, but by the time I went to bed, all the trees were covered with JACK FROST; and it actually looked very pretty, but it was very cold out there!!!

Just stayed home and kept warm today; did stuff around here. Made a roast pork with lots of veggies for dinner tonight, and have enuff for another dinner to put in the freezer; plus some for a nice soup for a lunch too.

Hope you all are having a great week ... Rosebud.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-22-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #66  
Rosebud

OH, HI TIGZ ~ I was musing that it is no wonder that you weren't hungry after taking all those supplements; they probably filled you up by themselves. Actually, I take a few myself, but I take them over the day, some at each meal, so that isn't too bad.

We had sunshine for the last couple of days too; we needed it with the colder temps here. That is great that your SO can do any garden prep at this time of year at all. We are still knee-deep in ***** here; but the roads started to clear a bit today. They are predicting some more snow for this week though ... drats, but it's almost March and it is winter in Canada ... oh well! (((sigh)))

That concert your kiddies are in sounds like a lot of fun; enjoy yourself and have a great time ...
Old 02-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #67  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ just a fly-by tonight; just had a quiet day at home. We had lots of big, giant ***** flakes fall all day long today; it really was so very pretty. DH grumbles about it a bit; I don't know why as he doesn't have to do the shovelling (just the steps). I love it myself becuz I'd rather have the snow and the warmer temps that come along with it.

Tomorrow, I'm off to the dentist to have my last filling done. Glad that will be done with soon. Have a wonderful Wednesday ladies;and do take good care too ... Rosebud
Old 02-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #68  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ had a very successful day at the dentists; everything went really well and quickly. All my repairs are done now, so I don't go back until mid-summer for a cleaning ...

It's really cold here right now; it's at least -15C, but there's a really cold northern wind out there as well. Last night, we had to put an extra heater on in our bedroom so I could get to sleep, so I'm gonna put up the furnace tonight so we can keep warmer ...

Did get a bit of walking outdoors in that wind but was glad to get back home and stay here. Had a good on plan day for food; we had some leftovers from Monday (roasted lean pork and veggies) to which I added some nice brown rice and a mushroom sauce.

Hope you are all well and keepin' warm; take good care and have a lovely day tomorrow ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-24-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 AM   #69  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Ladies! It sure looks like everyone is as busy and tied up as I have been. It's been quite a week for us with too much running around, too much snow and wind, and waaaayyy too much cold air-it's even gotten below 0F last night and tonight again! Oh, please, send spring here soon! I was looking at my flower beds wondering if there's any way all my bulbs and perennials will survive the 30" of snow on them. Then, I had to laugh when the electric meter reader came and he was wearing snowshoes to go through the yards! When my DH had the job several years ago (in a different group of towns) a customer called in a complaint when he walked on their snow-don't know how exactly he was supposed to get to their meter without walking on the snow, but I guess the customer thought he should walk on air!

Well, I do believe the stress has caught up to me. I have been so tired the last few days, I can hardly function, but now, tonight, my legs have started tingling again and it's so bad I simply can not sleep at all. It's almost as bad now as it was when this MS all started 17 years ago. So, if anything I write here doesn't seem to make sense, you know it's from the fatigue. I just hate to go back to bed to toss and turn and keep DH from being able to sleep, as he has to go to work at 6 am. Think I'll just stay in the recliner tonight....

Hope you all have a nice day tomorrow (or today, I'm not sure what time it is right now)! Keep warm and think springy thoughts!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #70  
Rosebud

HI RONNI ~ you know, DH and I were up last night at about the same time as you. I fell asleep on my sofa and NIKO came out to get me as he always does; so I sauntered off to bed. DH got up and couldn't sleep so decided to have a coffee; so then with all that racket, I couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and had a nice hot cuppa tea.

After that, DH stayed up and I went back to bed and slept in late for me (about 9:30 am). He did sleep a bit on the sofa, but was up at the crack of dawn and outside by the time I got up. The snow fairies came and cleaned up our laneway as it ***** all night and with the winds, it was very cold out there. I can feel right now that the temps have fallen again, and the furnace is finally kicking on.

The winds really make if feel colder, as I had to put the furnace up to 74 F to get it to 70 F in here. As long as I stay near the furnace, I am warm but as soon as you go further away, the temps drop. I am so glad we picked up the small heaters, but I think I may buy a bigger one for next winter for the bedroom, as I have hard time getting it to 68 F in there. Oh well, we have lots of blankies on the bed now (one thick fleece blanket, plus 2 comforters).

I hope that you get can get some sleep tonight; and will be sending up lots of prayers for you for your health and some peace for you all ...
Old 02-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #71  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Everyone! Well, the sun's visiting us today and it just looks so nice out! Made it to 29 degrees F too, so maybe the really cold weather is headed out for good (yeah, right!). We decided to take this afternoon off and watch some Olympic action (I did sneak in a little sports history at the same time, but don't tell the boys that).

Still having the numb-tingly feelings and also got a migraine, so I've just been facebooking and 3fc-ing, but I must figure out something for dinner at some point here shortly.

We had a couple good things happen this week, though. My cousin and his wife had a beautiful baby boy Wednesday. We received our settlement check from the car "accident" lawsuit and it was for more than we thought it would be (apparently, the insurances were willing to write off part of what they had paid out, which was quite a surprise), and-here's the biggie-DS2 has been offered a partial football (US football) scholarship to the college he has been hoping to go to!! That, along with his academic scholarships, should give him almost all of the funds needed for his tuition and rooming. We're very proud of him and he's absolutely ecstatic!

Well, hope you all have a great weekend! for everyone.... see you later!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #72  
Rosebud

RONNI ~ well, that's some awesome news for sure; many blessings for you this week. This should give you some peace of mind! Sorry to hear the headaches have returned; will send up some prayers about that for you.

I read your post in the CE's thread, and hope that you do get to go visit your DAD soon too; that would be nice. Take good care and try to get some much-needed rest this weekend ...
Old 02-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #73  

Hello all! Hope everyone is well. Congrats on all the good news Ronni! Nice to hear about nice things happening to people.

Been busy busy here as usual. Kids concert went very well. DS became the star of the show - unintentionally! He was enjoying it all so much, with the dancing, of course he's the youngest and shortest boy in the school, so they pair him up with the oldest and tallest girl! He adores her though and was trying desperately to swing her about the dancefloor! Then there was the singing of "Cannae shove yer Grannie aff a bus" which for some reason he has made a special connection with! The actions that go with the song were never so passionately demonstrated as by my DS! He's just such a wee character, he had everyone in knots. He has such a great sense of humour, kind of sick and twisted....hmmmm... no clue where he gets it from!

DD was wonderful as well, she is growing up so fast its shocking. She was quite lady-like with her dancing. She's our little pink princess!

Get our new car next week some time Yeeeehaaaaa! SO has been driving me nuts as he hates driving my old rust-heap. I think he'll have me driven all over the place for the first month every spare moment we have. That's if the weather allows. Had more bad snow in the area the last 2 days. For some reason, the hills around us seem to always give us some shelter, so we have nothing here, but 2 miles down the road and there's 6 inches of snow. My parents only live 15mins away in the car and they're virtually snowed in! Not that I am complaining, no snow, no ice means I can still get out! The bad news is the weather has been so wet and soggy that SO has had to abandon the gardening - for now. He has just bought me a bench for the front garden from Evilbay though! Awwwwwwwww. I also have some more seeds on the way and the kids gardening gloves, so I am hoping it picks up a bit next week.

Eating wise, not great but not bad either the last few days. Had a gorgeous salad last night. I LOVE veggies! Yummmmmmmm Going shopping tomorrow for some more and finally going to make the lentil soup I've been threatening for a couple of weeks now!

Anyways, energy has now left me. Going to get my butt off to bed now.

Take care all! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 02-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #74  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ I had come in yesterday, but wasn't feeling well so I had to go lay down for awhile and take some meds. It was my own error really; I got into some nachos on Friday and the salt did a real humb-dinger on my system, making me swell up and retain water like crazy.

So, there will be NO MORE JUNKIES for me, I'm afraid; they are making me ill. It's the massive amount of salt that is in them that is causing the problem for me. For some time we have been blaming menopause and wondering what was the cause. This time, it was clear that the problem was caused by salt, which caused swelling and feeling ill.

I took some meds and then laid down; I am sure that I must have gone to the LLR at least 20 times until about 1:30 am. By then, I was feeling much better, and was able to finally go to bed and get some good sleep; and I sure had to go again in the morning too. So today, I revamped my menu plans to lessen the salt as much as I could. I didn't put any salt in our food today, and had a few sprinkles only twice, but I think that I will be able to cut that out as well.

We had beautiful all day yesterday and for a good part of today. I spent the afternoon talking to my sister, NUMPSTER, while our dinner of chicken and roasted veggies were baking in the oven. I also baked some apples and blueberries at the same time; I really like how they taste together: their flavors actually compliment each other.

HI TIGZ ~ sounds like your kiddies were simply precious at the concert; great memories for you down the road (they grow up so very fast). Our temps were much better here too and the snow is actually melting. Glad you will have your newer car soon.

HEY to PURPLE and RONNI ~ hope both you ladies had a great weekend. Purple hope all is well in your world, with you and your sister too; still sending up prayers for you all.

Take good care ladies; I'm off to put my legs up again tonight. Will have to take some meds for awhile again to try and help that. I am subbing spices and herbs in my recipes to replace the salt too; and I think this will be a blessing in disguise really ... Rosebud
Old 03-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #75  
Rosebud

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED !!!

LADIES, PLEASE GO TO THE NEW MARCH THREAD in this forum ... see you there!