fibro and exercise?

• So I'm trying to have more movement in my life. But since I don't know anyone else in real life who has it, I don't know how much activity is "normal". I know that normal is relative, but since I'm going to be living with this for a long time I really want to know if my goals are unrealistic or if I'm being too easy on myself. thanks.

PS: I feel like I have tons of questions, but I'm so excited to get answers! You guys are so great!
  • Hello! Come on over to the Fibromyalgia thread for advice from several people. Water aerobics or even just walking in water is good. That is how I started out. Walking at a comfortable pace works. I have tried Yoga and Pilates. I am heavy, so those weren't the easiest to do, but I enjoyed them. Last summer I took a Zumba class, and it was fun! I have been doing aerobics for a couple of years now. I do it at a level that works for me, and the instructor knows that I modify when needed. There are still days that I can't get out of bed because of the aches and pain, but those days are fewer.
    Good luck, and come on over to the other thread!!