Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ well it's still pretty cold here today, -17C at present; but there is a really nasty northern wind out there too, so it feels a lot worse. DH tried to go for a walk this AM and had to turn around and come back as the wind was freezing his face. I reminded him to put a scarf on next time! Gee, I dress up to the hilt when I go out; hats, big thick "down-filled" mittens, and my long, long, long scarf becuz I wanna keep warm ...

PURPLE ~ great minds think alike: I also made my version of Cabbage Soup today; I had about 6+ tomatoes in the freezer and a half a head of cabbage to use up. I used your basic recipe, but then added a whole bunch of leftover veggies plus some others I had on hand (kniblets corn and diced zucchini). It was thick and yummy; perfect for a frosty day like today!

RONNI ~ you sound like you are feeling much better today -- too bad that root canal procedure couldn't be done quicker. Hey, like knock me out already! Just fix it and when I wake up, it's all over; then give me mega pain killers until all the pain is gone! Why do we have suffer so needlessly? Can you tell that I have pain trauma issues from childhood? Oh ya, big time!

Your Dad's version of Cabbage Soup sounds nice & easy too! I would be puttin' lots of pepper in mine. Love pepper ... You know, I don't mind the snow at all; I would much rather it not be so cold. Send the snow, just give me some too, please ... I'm in a funny mood today!

I sent DH out to unplug our outdoor Christmas lights for now -- he keeps forgetting. We will put them on again for our Winter Carnival in February; and since our town is celebrating its 100th Birthday this year, they are having lots of special activities this year, so they want us to put our lights on for that too.

Anyways, we are having leftover BBQ spit chicken tonight with salad and veggies; DH is having Home Fries and I am having macaroni salad with mine, just becuz I have some ... DH tried one of my 100-calorie popcorn bags this afternoon for a snack and actually liked it.

He was joking about how I got him to put all the leftover snacks out in cold storage (in our freezing shed); and he says he doesn't want to go out there to get them. That is exactly why I got him to put them out there: becuz I won't venture out in that freezing shed to get them either ...

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY NIGHT tonight -- do have a good one ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-08-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #32  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi ladies

It still remains brass monkey weather here and snowed on and off today. I did venture out very briefly but not for long was nice to get out of the house though was kind of going stir crazy

We had cabbage soup for tea with a crusty roll which was very nice I must say. At the moment I have just made preparation for a lamb casserole I spotted on television. I have a couple of lamb steaks which are nice and lean so will lend themselves nicely to this recipe. Then I have peeled some potatoes, onions but I have got to still peel some parsnips. I have not done the parsnips yet as they tend to go brown in colour if left in the minutest air. So I will prepare them as I need them. To make this recipe it seems very simple there is one other ingredient which is garlic.

1. put the lamb in some flour to season then fry off until brown (I am going to use some one cal for this)
  2. sweat off the large chunks of onions, potatoes and parsnips in the same frying pan that the lamb was cooked in
  3. add to the frying pan last of all garlic that has been cut in half (this way not so strong)
  4. put all this ingredients that either have been browned or sweated into a casserole dish
  5. put water over the ingredients in the casserole dish to cover ingredients
  6. season with rosemary, salt and pepper.
  7. put in a low temperature in the oven until everything is soft.

Nice simple meal that is cooked in one pot, great for winter not made this dish before although I suspect I will have to thicken the sauce for my taste. I know it is not the lowest calorie meal but if it is off set with a low calorie soup for tea it should balance out my calories for the day. I like lamb but it is getting so mega expensive here so I tend to only buy it when it is on offer somewhere.

DH has been really good on the food front for this week so he has kept up his promise to his self to eat better this year. He has seen dividends on the scales so I hope motivation for another week. This is good as well considering he is not getting out to do his long walks as he would as it is not fit.

I have done some washing by hand today to keep the washing down as much as I can. So when the washing machine is in working order I can wash the big items like bed linen, bath towels (good job I have plenty extra in airing cupboard ). Only another few more days to go I hope

RONNI
Thanks for the prayer for my Dad's procedure on Tuesday much appreciated.

Yes very lucky with our weather with the snow so to speak how quickly normally it disappears once it makes an appearance.

The cabbage soup is virtually the same to the one that I modified. Except this one just had cabbage, tomatoes and onions. Plus seasoning to your taste. It has only over the months have I modified it and added in more vegetables really whatever I have to hand or need using up. I will add in lentils or beans as well. I think I would like your Dad's version of the cabbage soup and very simple to make.

ROSEBUD Yes must be the day for cabbage soup making I make mine a little different each time no exact science to it just depends what veggies I have to hand. Great way to get a high portion of vegetable so lots of fibre for that fullness to stop us raiding the fridges Soups are just the thing for winter as they are so comforting and warming.

I was thinking of you today when I read an item about a nature reserve in Nottinghamshire called Attenborough Nature Reserve . It has got 7 bitterns there which is very unusual we only get about 2 or 3 in the nesting in there over the winter period. It did say that better management of the reed beds had been attracting them to the reserve.

Must go now rather tired now so take care ladies till next time

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 01-09-2010 at 04:09 PM.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:21 PM   #33  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ Just a quick note tonight, as I have spent most of my day working on my PC trying to upgrade some of my programs; and that takes a lot of time for me. Unfortunately, all that was for naught; but did learn a few things, so that is good. Will have a go at that another time ...

PURPLE ~ yes, your lamb dish does sound nice; I suppose we could use some lean pork or chicken for the lamb. Lamb is very expensive here too, and you only seem to see it on special occasions here. Yes, will be sending up ^prayers^ for your DAD and your family -- for peace about all of his tests and his health too.

Just gonna go rest up a bit before bed; maybe read for a short while. Take good care ladies; and have a good restful Sunday ... ROSEBUD
Old 01-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #34  
MSer living healthy

Hi fellow chicks

Not ventured outdoors today the snow is still with us at this point. The clouds look full of snow to me but we see and wait to see what they bring if anything.

I watched a programme from the internet from BBC ALBA which is shown in Scotland but we can now view programmes from via the internet. Many of the programmes are in Gaelic not that I even speak or recognise any words from the language. Fortunately for me there is subtitling (I think it maybe called captioning over the pond) all the way. This was getting the people of Barra which is an Island off the West coast of Scotland together to view a half an hour programme that was screened some 44 years ago. It was entitled disappearing island due to the decline of Barra way of live which was crofting and fishing. They feared that what had happened to islands such as St Kilda that it would become uninhabited.

This is not the case in actual fact it has flourished and grown back up to virtually the number of people on the island when it was in its hay day. This was due to work being found close by or on the island itself. Such as working on the North sea oil rigs as they work one month on and one month off. Others now work in the little factory on the island which is involved in filleting and freezing fish. Tourism has grown with this area especially since a forward thinking American restored the castle. The locals all thought he was "barking mad" but now they think he was a great man who could see how important it is to save our heritage.

Barra has changed from how it was 44 years ago there is no denying that and progress has taken over. It is nice though to see that it has not become inhabited and that it is flourishing for the next generation. The younger generation tend to go and get higher education see a little of the world before returning to their homeland. This seem to be the pattern that is evolving with many of the Barra people.

ROSEBUD Firstly thanks for the prayers for my Dad much appreciated. Will let you know how things pan out as soon as I know anything.

PC's can be so frustrating at times but at least it was not all fruitless you did learn something along the way. I have spend many a hour getting frustrated when thing are not going right no matter what you seem to do.

yes I am sure the lamb dish would lend it self to any of the meats but just change the herb to suit that meat. Thyme for instance goes well with poultry. I am glad to report that the lamb dish was beautiful. It would also take different root vegetables also. I have had some stewed apples and one dessert spoon of zero fat Greek yoghurt on top I still have a good portion of apples left for another day. I put 20grams of raisins into the apples with some cinnamon and ginger. Nice spices for a winters day I think. I really think that apple lends itself so well to taking the spice cinnamon.

It is a quick stop by for me today I am afraid as today I must put my energies into the ironing and my energy levels are being to wan today as it approaches up to my treatment day. Also my TOM has come so not on top form. Glad I have found the time to drop by though and catch up. I am taking the time to type this as I wait for my pain killer to kick in so that I may do the ironing frim the washing that I did by hand yesterday. I do not want lots of ironing building up as it then gets way too much standing for hours even to make a dint in it.

Take care ladies till next time bye bye

purpleorc

Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 PM   #35  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ having a nice relaxing day at home today; too cold to do anything else really. Been working on upgrading some more programs today; gee, why do we have to upgrade when we don't even use most of the stuff. Why do we need Live, Liver, and Livest Messenger; what's wrong with just Live Messenger ... actually, the first one worked just fine too! I'm getting from all the upgrades that take up all my memory for naught! Oh ya, I'm ranting ... grrr ...

HI PURPLE ~ Too bad that you don't have a nice tall stool that you could sit on while doing your ironing; oh ya ... I would be finding one in a hurry, if that was me. Sure hope you get your washing machine fixed up this week. Sounds like you need a break!

My step-mother is from Scotland; she took a trip over there with friends a couple of years ago and just loved it. They say Ireland has lots of castles too; and some homes in France also look like castles too, they are so big. It must cost a fair bit to keep them up though; you'd have to have a very high income to do that.

I hope to get high-speed internet soon so that I may be able to watch some stuff on the net too; if my pc will allow it. It would be nice to be able to watch some shows now and then; as the winters can be real long up here. I did make a nice center roast of pork today with baby carrots, turnip, parsnip, celery, onion, new tators, and I put something different in too: a small orange and 1/2 an apple chopped up. I think it made the sauce taste nice with just a very slight sweetness with the pork.

Well, time to go put my feet up and read some of my book; I'm reading another book about ANGELS right now. Very nice stories in it; some are about how we can be Angels for other people too, as well as a few that are somewhat supernatural-like.

Hope you all have a MARVELLOUS MONDAY tomorrow; and do take good care ... ROSEBUD
Old 01-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #36  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

Yesterday the snow started to thaw a little but it certainly by no means all gone. Last night DH and I sat and watched the two episodes of Doctor Who that was screened on Christmas day and New years day. Both of us have grown up with this series and can remember nearly all of the Doctors whom have played the part over the years.

Managed to do the ironing yesterday so caught up on the laundry front as much as I can do at this point without a washing machine. A little later though I need to get my act together make sandwiches for tomorrow to take to the MS centre as that day has come around again.

We have been out for lunch today but for tea I am doing boiled egg and toast for DH whom is an egg fan. I on the other hand am not an egg fan so I will be having peanut butter and toast. Then I have a cantaloupe melon for tea at least I think it is that type of melon I never remember the difference between that and galia melon.

ROSEBUD I do have a perching stool which I use if my legs hurt or my back is playing up. I never tend to use it other wise maybe I should use it more that I do.

I did not realise your step mum was Scottish. Scotland is a beautiful country especially the highlands of Scotland. I have enjoyed all my holidays that I have taken there in the past. Here in the UK we have many castles around although Nottingham has a castle called Nottingham castle it is what they call a folly. So some are disappointed when they get here as it does not fit in their minds eye of a castle. Yes France has some beautiful building called Châteaux which are fairy tale looking like castles. Like you say the up keep for they must be astronomical and I sure would not want the heating bill either I am lucky enough to have been to both France and Scotland so have seen these places first hand.

I tend not to use windows message or whatever the latest version of it is. I think this is partly due to the fact I find it so hard to type via that with having damage to the language part of my brain. Or keeping up with what somewhat has wrote especially if more than one person is in the conversation. Here on this thread typing I can go at my own speed read over what I have put change my spelling mistakes which are very many these days can be corrected. Sometimes progress is not always for the better it is sometimes a few steps backwards.

I am still reading about the nursing during the second war. The book angels sounds very good reading. Angels come in all disguises some we can physically touch and those whom are not visual to us though we may feel there presents around us.

Dad last night started the medication for the colonoscopy on Tuesday and now has finished taking the 3 doses of it. So now he has to stay close by to the bathroom so no going out and about has he would normally do.

Tomorrow I am not sure whether I will be around as time is not always on my side but I will try. Till the next time ladies keep up the good work.

purpleorc
Old 01-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #37  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, we had warmer temps today which was nice; but still very dull and cloudy ... gee, hope we see some soon. They keep promising it but it doesn't show up or if it does, it doesn't stick around for long. It was about -12C today and we have had some big, fluffy ***** flakes today; I think it is so pretty but the men only talk about the shovelling and snow removal ...

For our dinner, I am transforming our leftovers into a cottage pie; first, I shredded the pork and put it in a glass casserole; then topped taht with leftover veggies and a light gravy (cheating: using canned). Now I will put on some mash potato and pop it into the oven. DH loves this so much that I am making it more often now -- about 2 times a month, I'd say ...

Sent DH on some errands this AM; he likes to do that. We were running out of bird seed and had to get batteries for our carbon monoxide detector; we finally realized all the beeping was for a low battery. We were puzzled becuz the battery was supposed to be new, but it really wasn't; so finally, we have peace and quiet again ... well, except when your young neighbour practices his drums ... lol ...

Well, time to run off and get that dinner in the oven; take good care ladies for now ... Rosebud
Old 01-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #38  
Rosebud

HI PURPLE ~ you still have some snow? Thought it would be gone by now. Sent up ^prayers^ for your DAD for tomorrow that all goes well for him. Hope you have a good day at your therapy too. We had the cottage pie and it was great; DH loves it and licks his plate with bread ...

Glad you got all your ironing done too. It's sounds like you have a very, very light meal at your tea time, which is what we call dinner here. You have a hot or bigger lunch (about noon) -- we do that sometimes if we go out and have lunch somewhere. Then we only have a light dinner.

We switch lunch and dinner now and then too. I asked DH what he thought if we did that more often. He said that we could try it; but I would have to get used to making the hot lunch in the morning instead of afternoon. I am so used to doing my cleaning then ...

I had to go for awhile; my sister called me via the internet. Still working on upgrading some programs; it can take a long time as you know. We have made some progress though; so we're getting there. Always learning as we go, so that's good too.

Yes, here we can type our posts ahead and take our time. On messenger, we use short-hand and a lot of acronyms (short forms) to speed it up, but we make mistakes all the time; that's normal. We dont' really use it that often; just now and then.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow; and take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-12-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #39  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we had lovely for the entire morning and part of the afternoon today -- that was sooo nice for a change. We opened the curtains and let the sun shine in ...

Just had a light supper tonight; a bacon & tomato sandwich and a cucumber salad. Tonight I made my own cranberry crumble: sliced up a 1/2 banana and put cranberry yogurt over that; topped it with a bit of granola and a few nuts ... very easy and yummy! Note: you could you cherry or raspberry or any kind of yogurt you like for this.

Just stayed home today; talked to my sister Numpster today. They both have a bad flu; but both of them were eating today and that's a good sign. Spent some time trying to fix things on my PC again; tonight will do some more. Got most of it done now; so had some success again today -- and I am still learning stuff thru all of it too.

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY tomorrow; and take good care ... Rosebud
Old 01-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #40  
Rosebud

HI THERE ~ we've been blessed with lovely warmer temps today ... only 0C or about 32F -- that's quite high for January in this area. Our temps are as warm as some places in southern part of our province. Supposed to be like this for a few days so it would be a good time to go out somewhere ...

Today, I made a different soup and it was yummy; I just took some of my frozen veggie soup base and add it to a package of chicken noodle soup (like the lipton kind) ... and it was really nice; DH loved it and had two bowls.

For my snack I had sliced bananas and peaches with lemon yogurt on top; really nice and filling. For dinner, we had Tuna Delight ... just a creamy pasta dish using a bit of cottage cheese and sour cream to lighten the cheese sauce up a bit; plus frozen veggies to give more protein and fiber.

Did a bit more stuff on my PC this afternoon; ran into some glitches but at least everything is running OK for me at this time. That is what matters the most really; have been doing some organizing and such also. It takes a lot of time -- more than you realize until you get started, and the time just flies by. That's why I made a quick & simple dinner tonight.

Hope you are all well; take good care and have a lovely day tomorrow ... ROSEBUD
Old 01-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #41  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Everyone! We're having something of a January thaw-it's been in the upper 20's and lower 30's (F) for about 3 days now. Not that you can tell much difference in the height of the snow mounds, but the streets and roads are becoming a little less icy

Had a busy couple days. Dentist finished the root canal Tuesday. It went ok and very little pain now. They said the pain before was from the infection that was still there, but the meds they put in the tooth apparently worked. I have to go back yet to get a crown for it, but that won't be too bad, I guess. My DH says I'm grinding my teeth at night again. I have a bite guard from when I did this a few years ago, but it doesn't fit now, so the dentist is going to attempt to grind it down to fit again, which will be much less spendy than having to get a new one.

Then, yesterday, just worked around the house all day, but the boys had youth group in the evening, so that's when I do my grocery and other shopping (you know, Walmart trip). Now, today I'm just beat. Seems like I have energy for a day or two, then I feel wiped out for a day or two. Maybe some of you with MS know if this is typical? Wish I just had a constant flow of energy so I could continue projects from one day to the next and finish them!

At least, I'm sticking to my eating plan and the holiday pounds are coming off again. Also, still doing the toning and tummy exercises I saw on Dr. Oz. I like that they only take about 15 minutes to do. Otherwise, I get bored. I really don't know how my sister manages to run 10 miles. I'd be bored out of my mind. And, she doesn't even take along an iPod or anything with music, but she does run with a friend frequently, so I guess they talk while they run. Guess you can figure out that she's really thin. At times, it's been hard for me to believe we even come from the same gene pool

Well, I'd better get going-lots to do, but no energy to do it. Hope you all have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #42  
Rosebud

HI RONNIE ~ I don't have MS and I feel that way all the time too; seems if I overdo it one day, I am tired for the next 2-3 days, so I have to watch it all the time. Good idea to get your shopping done while the boys are at their youth group; two trips in one and saves on gas. We try to do the same thing too -- hit at least 2 places each time we go out to save on gas, etc.

I'm glad that you got that root canal business all done this week and that you are feeling better today. Nice to have them explain things to you too, isn't it? I prefer that -- our senior dentist takes more time and explains everything; I like that. The junior is nice just not that talkative, it seems.

Good for you sticking to your plan and seeing some reward for that too. What kind of exercises did Dr. OZ recommend. We don't have cable right now; we are thinking of getting in satellite or cable in February though, whichever one will do it first, with less cost and hassle.

You are right about your sister and the running; heck, I can even run yet ... I would likely collapse if I tried! Like you, I tried jogging when I was younger and found it terribly boring and lonely. I imagine that is why she goes with a friend. We often see folks her in twosomes and with IPODS too. DH and I go walking together at night, esp from spring to fall; we hope to start again as soon as the snow is less. I will go out now when the weather isn't too bad, but more when it's all gone, thanks. I have been doing stuff indoors the other days.

Today we did housechores: I did the bathroom and laundry and other stuff while DH did the kitchen & bathroom floors; he is very helpful that way. He volunteered to do them becuz he says it gives him something to do so he doesn't get too bored in the wintertime; and I appreciate the help big time.

We are having the same kind of temps you are; if the snow is melting, it isn't very fast or noticable. We have been getting a lite sprinkle of snow here and there throughout the day, but not much really.

Nice to have you drop by; time to go start dinner ... ROSEBUD
Old 01-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #43  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi!

Rosebud-go to www.doctoroz.com/videos/blubber-busting-workout
You'll see video of the routine his trainer showed everyone. It's fairly easy, but the floor crunches I have to do on a stability ball to protect my back. doctoroz.com has videos of most of the portions of the show. Just browse through and see whatever interests you. He has some really funny and interesting stuff.

Not much going on here today, which is fine, since I'm still tired. It's gloomy outside also. Don't know what happened to the sun we were supposed to have. Guess someone down south stole it-lol! Well, gotta go make lunch for DS3 and me. Hope everyone has a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #44  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

This is a swift pop by tonight as life as kind of got busy at the minute for me. To top it off my tummy has been playing up for the last few days. I think now I am over the worst of it and the pain is virtually gone. Though since the pain started my tummy has swollen a little which seems to be part of the course it runs. I can't think for the life of me what I ate to upset it and cause this much pain.

I have been busy in the kitchen today I made a lentil and vegetable soup with a ham stock cube as I normally use a chicken or vegetable one. It has turned out rather thick too thick I think so will at a little water to thin it down a bit. I made some bread crumbs then seasoned with herbs. If my tummy was OK I think I would have seasoned with either chilli or curry power in the breadcrumbs. All I did was cut the breast of chicken in to bite size pieces then roll in the breadcrumbs. I laid this on a baking tray that I had lightly sprayed with one cal and then dizzled a tiny amount of oil. To crisp up the crumb around the chicken I then popped it under the grill (broiller) until golden brown. I served with vegetable fritters which I shallow fried in oil. (not the most healthiest I must admit) Although the fritters were packed with grated vegetables.

It is Dad's birthday tomorrow and he will be 76 years old. Like he said to me a while back he is one of the longest living in his family to his knowledge. The only other person was his grandfather who was affectionately known as shep. His name shep came about as he was a shepherd and that is how he earned his living and he got to the age of 81. My mum's family on the other hand many have lived to great ages and quite a few have got to well into their 90's. Though none to my knowledge got the famous telegram from the Queen for getting to the grand old age of 100.

We still have a tiny amount of snow on the ground at present but the bulk of it melted yesterday otherwise it lingered for days and days. Temperatures often dipping well below zero. So if the weather is fine tomorrow I hope to go for a stroll up the road to stretch my legs once again. It will be hard to walk again after being unable to for weeks but I must try and get some exercise in.

Sorry this has not been a post answering other posts in here by Rosebud and Ronni but tonight is a swift drop by as I have not been in here for a few days. Take care all and good night

purpleorc
Old 01-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #45  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, the temps dropped a bit last night but warmed up today a little, hence perfect conditions for some ***** to fall. We also had some ~~~~~ and blowing ***** for several hours this afternoon & evening, so it's really starting to pile up out there ...

I just stayed home today; DH did some errands for me, picking up some fresh veggies for my dinner and soups. I made a chicken noodle-type soup with my veggies soup base today for lunch.

Tonight, I baked some chicken breasts for me and some boneless, pork centers for DH with lots of roasted veggies. The rest has been put into a casserole for tomorrow night's dinner; I added some frozen broccoli and it will have some cream of mushroom soup poured over it just before baking for our Sunday dinner. I put 2 containers of the leftovers roasted veggies/broth in the freezer for soups this coming week.

HI PURPLE ~ nice to see you drop by today; always miss your chatty self. Sorry to hear that you have been having some stomach problems again; but glad to hear that is on the mend too -- you gotta watch those spices!!!

At Christmas I had a problem with that for a short while; I am wondering if it was too much spice in my custard -- seems that something gave me acid indigestion for a while, but it has cleared up now. I can have cinnamon or allspice by themselves with no problem, so I am wondering if it may have been something else or the combination. Not really sure ...

I think that the hot spices like chili pepper may be hard on our digestive systems; but I don't use that spice too often anymore, just stick to a bit of plain black pepper these days, esp for my homemade soups, which I could eat everyday since I love it so much.

I just finished my last book this weekend and read another historical period romance as well, finishing it off this afternoon ... love those kinds of stories. They are about people's lives in different historical times; this one was set in the 1700's in the US -- about the time of that nations fight to keep their country; fighting off the British, it seems.

Last night, I didn't get back in here to post here; stayed up too late reading -- once I got into that story, I couldn't put it down. Of course, it had a wonderful ending, which I prefer.

Hope you all have a MARVELLOUS MONDAY tomorrow, and a wonderful week too ... ROSEBUD