Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #46  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

We just heard that our dear MEOWEE (Linda) passed away this afternoon. She had been sick for some time as you all know: turns out that they just found out one month ago that she did have lung cancer after all. We will definitely miss her sense of humor, her knowledge & insight, her group hugs, and her AM cheers here on our thread and all over 3FC's boards ...

Here's one from us to you, Linda ...
Old 09-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #47  
Rosebud

In honor of our friend, MEOWEE (Linda) ~ Morning Chickies ... hope you all have a good one!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #48  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Ladies

I will miss our dear beloved MEOWEE with her valuable advice and her funny antics of her cats. At least your not in pain any more dear friend and now at peace. I am sure that Meowee is one of our newest angels I imagine you will be looking over us where ever you maybe seeing that we are "good little chicks" keeping on the the straight and narrow path of a healthy diet . I send condolences to her family/friends during this sad time.

It is a grey and overcast day here though no rain as yet. This morning it was very chilly and had to have some heat on in the lounge for a little while. I hate to say it but I think winter is just around the corner as there is definitely a nip in the air morning and night now.

The council have been this afternoon as we have had trouble with the plumbing in the kitchen as the water was not draining very well away from the sink. Glad to say they have replaced it and put a new fixing for letting the pipes of the washing machine go into so when it is working the water can drain in to the drainage system. Hopefully it has solve a problem that has been troublesome for years. I did contact the council some years back but they said it was my responsibility but policy has since changed and it onus is now on the council.

I started with a sore throat last night and it still remains with me today so I hope it does not develop to a full blown cold. On reading Ronnie's post yesterday I was only thinking I have not had a cold for years. Though this feels as though it might go down that route. For good measure I started my periods this morning so do not feel 100%. I am drinking plenty and yesterday was a bottomless pit nothing seemed to fill me. Talk about the old phrase feed a cold and starve a fever. I think I must have been taking it too literately. Not hungry today though thirsty and glad to have things that are cold which are soothing on my throat.

ROSEBUD
Yes I was very annoyed that I forgot the camera though I did manage to forgot a lot this year So will have to become ultra organised for next time so to help prevent this. The best I can give you is the web page which has an excellent virtual tour of the log cabin setting we were in greenfinch B http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/v3/WebPag...254&SCODE=GOOS. We will start looking in another couple months for our holiday next year and we book at the end of December taking the holiday in the September. The weather was dry throughout only needing coats on a couple of occasions. It was not blazing sun or anything but excellent weather for leaving our Rizzie in the car for a couple of hours without any worry to his welfare. Then on our return from our time out he got his fun and enjoyment exploring the woods not to mention staring the ducks out from the balcony.

It would have been nice to take the camera for the birds we saw in the woods. Regularly we saw a several robins, chaffinches, blue tits and great tits to mention a few. These birds have some pretty colour feathers so would have made some great photographs.

DH and I would love to have a RV in the future we often admire those we see out and about on our travels. Like your camper van they give you freedom to go where you want. You have a roof over your head plus like you said it is like a small apartment but on wheels. Here you can go on sites around the country just like the one we have been to pay a price for your pitch for the time you spend there. There are some stunning areas to go to and enjoy the area around it. Needless to say they are in the countryside away from the hussle and bussle of city life.

yes like you mentioned the television or film for that matter often just glean the surface of the book and miss out bits to fit it in a certain time slot. The book does not have such restrictions. You often can get so much more from a book as your own imagination takes over and you have an imagery in your mind of the scene and characters.

Must shoot got to go and make some sandwiches for tomorrows treatment. Not sure whether it will be possible at this point but will do the same preparations as normal just in case I am fit for treatment. Yikes must be something in the water here our Rizzie is having is "mad half hour" running round the lounge and kitchen tossing his ball up in the air. The coming towards me as I go to get his ball he runs away again. He is teasing me with his ball very mischievous glint in his eye but still a loveable rogue

Bye for now and take care ladies

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 09-21-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #49  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Friends....such sad news to learn about Meowee. I've just been in tears. I'll be praying for her family.

Purple-your vacation sounded wonderful and I'm glad you had a good and relaxing time. Hoping your cold doesn't turn out too bad, though.

Rosebud-hope you are getting those curtains done! I enjoy making and sewing things for the house too and, in fact, I'm working on some curtains for our living room right now too. I just do easy straight seams and no complicated stitching or tucking. Sometimes, I even manage to alter clothing, but I can't do armholes or zippers-been too long since I learned that stuff!

Hi to Val, Numpster, & Spicy! Has anyone heard from Beverlyjoy recently?

Not much going on here-football game tonight again, so we'll be driving about an hour away for that. But, I guess I need to go and take care of a couple things before we need to leave, so I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

Have a good evening! for everyone!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:11 AM   #50  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well we had a mish-mash of weather today; started out with lovely and cool temps, but by this afternoon, clouds rolled in and some came down all evening. That's OK cuz my flowers needed watering anyways ...

Well, we finally got our car back and not without DH getting on their cases about it too; the bill was higher than we expected -- $500.00! That's a lot considering they didn't have to pay for the parts which were under warranty: that was all labor. So DH and I sat down and rolled coins to cover a portion of that; and there went a huge chunk of "MY" savings. I will be cutting down our budget starting next month to put that back a bit each month. We just have to pull in our belts a bit, that's all ...

Once we paid that off, we picked up a roll of burlap to put on the roof of our trailer; we already had purchased the fiber tar, so now we can go up and get that done as soon as we have another sunny day. We are trying to get it all ready for the winter months. DH has to cut some 2" x 4" pieces to put in the inside to give strength to the roof from inside: these can be taken back out in the spring once all the snow is gone.

RONNIE ~ I know, Ronnie, we will miss MEOWEE (Linda) a lot in this thread and forum; she was so bright and cheery. We always looked forward to hearing some funny tidbit about her cats each day. You've had a lot to deal with too with family members having cancer; sending up ^prayers^ for xtra peace and strength for you and your Dad at this time. Hang in there, kiddo ... GOD loves you and so do we!!! BTW -- yes thanks, I did get those curtains done last night; as I went, it got faster and faster!

HEY PURPLE ~ yes, we were just so blessed to have MEOWEE join our group as our new moderator. She was always so understanding and encouraging too. Like you, I am so glad that she is not suffering anymore either. I just wish our testing and diagnostic methods were much better than they are here in Canada. It took them way too long to get her diagnosis correct, if you ask me; so I am praying that there will be some improvements in that area in our country, and real soon ...

Those cottages look really nifty and that park looks lovely too, esp with all those walking paths; and I see that they have a nice camping area too where there are terrific setups for them as well. During our honeymoon, DH and I went to a few camping sites and just pitched a tent; but now we have our camping-trailer, we can camp in more comfort.

One time, we went camping and made our beds on the sand; but the next morning we woke up in agony ... all the cold had gone into our muscles and youch!!! I told DH that was the last time I would be sleeping on the ground and he agreed. We would go to this lake and pick blueberries and have a grand time. After that, we just slept in our car.

Well, today I ate pretty good; I had a banger (large sausage) and beans with salad for dinner; and DH had his super dogs on whole wheat buns. For lunch, we had grilled cheese sandwich and I had a chicken noodle cupasoup with mine too. For breakfast, I had homemade oatmeal, to which I added some natural bran and wheatgerm.

Well, that's all the news for tonight; hope you all have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY tomorrow -- and take good care of yourselves too ... ROSEBUD
Old 09-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #51  
wishin' for sun!

Hi, Gals!

What a day yesterday-rain, rain, rain, which we really needed, but couldn't it have waited until after the football(US-type) game? It had rained all morning and then quit for awhile, but we no more than got to the school (it was an away game) and it started again! Rained so hard that it was splattering up from the bleachers around us and getting us wet under the umbrella! In the first quarter, the coaches and officials decided the call it at halftime, and our boys won on a surprise pass into the end-zone in the 2nd quarter!

Now, I have a lot to do the rest of this week, as I'm one of the senior parents in charge of the football player dinner Thursday evening. We're supposed to feed 41 boys and the moms too. The other senior mom and I decided to make pork loins (as they were on sale at the local grocery for an incredible price!) with baked potatoes, applesauce, & assorted dessert bars(the junior moms are making those). I have to get the potatoes and make some barbeque sauce (my own recipe). My church is allowing us to use their kitchen and banquet room, which is a real blessing, and we're hoping one of our pastors can be there to offer a blessing before the meal. It's bound to be an interesting evening feeding that many football players!

Other than that, we also are trying to arrange a sale to get rid of the rest of fil's things-time has become a scarce commodity all of a sudden....Then there's the kids' other activities and, of course, Friday night football away game again-whew, I'm getting tired just thinking about everything that needs to be done this week!

Rosebud-Glad you got your curtains done-I bet they'll look wonderful when you put them up! Sorry about that car repair bill-I think the ought to cut the labor costs when it's a warranty repair, but no one here does that-they all just want to make as much as they can. I was surprised (but not surprised, if you know what I mean) at how similar Meowee's situation was to my fil's. He also started with a cough that wouldn't go away, which the doc's treated as pneumonia, then found out it was lung cancer when it was really too late to do anything about it. Very sad in both situations. Health care is just getting worse and I don't think having the gov't in charge is going to make anything better-and now I'll climb off my soapbox.

Purple-I'd love to have a camper, RV, or something like that also-that's one of our "someday when we retire" kind of things. Lots of cabins here because of Clear Lake is a nice sport and recreational lake. Lots of people come to the town through the summer and many own the "cabins" or rent from someone else. Some of these "cabins" are larger than our house!

We took some pics of some visiting hummingbirds at our feeder last week and I'm going to try to upload them and post them, but not sure if I'll manage it. Well, better get going here or I'll accomplish nothing at all! Have a great day!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #52  
wishin' for sun!

here's my hummer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hummingbird pic_1.jpg-cropped.jpg (27.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 301/280/199

Happy Tuesday, Chickies!

I was sad to hear about your friend's passing. I remembered her--- and all of you--- today in my prayers.

On our PBS station (educational) we get something every Sunday called Masterpiece Theater. It is where I first met British mystery stories. This month the shows are about Inspector Lewis. Good viewing, but I must admit my "southern US" ears don't always understand what is being said. LOL That's why I got into reading the books. I read all the Insp. Lindsley ones, and now I am starting Insp. Morse. Having seen the stories gives me a visual when I read. The books are always better than the TV shows. Sometimes I get out a map of England to see where the stories are.

What I know about England comes from reading, watching Masterpiece Theater, and postcards. I am a postcard collector and an avid Postcrossing member. One of my favorite postcards is of Queen Elizabeth. Now I have a strong desire to visit! Who knows? Someday I may!

Food has been good and not so good since I last posted. Mostly it has been good except I had a pancake breakfast Saturday... I am still doing my best, but sometimes I get bad!!

I would like to thank you all for posting here. I read your shares and know I am not alone in this endeavor.

Big hugs from Spicy!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #54  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we had a pretty nice day today with lots of and a cool breeze; it warmed up quite a bit by noon. We had to go up town to pick up some meds and a few groceries this am and then we picked up some clothes for DH at our local "Almost New" shop; I'm so glad that we can pick up stuff for him at such a great price becuz he wears his clothes out so fast, it makes me ... lol!

So I got lots of walking in today; happy for that and I ate really well today too. I have been going over my plan and checking to make sure that I am not eating way too many C's; and sure enuff, I found many places where I can shave some off. While I am using servings or portions, they are based on a set total amount of calories for the day; and I noticed that it is so easy to start 'GRAZING' and eat way more than we realize.

I was reading on a site and a doctor there said that this was one of the biggest slips we make. He also gave some tips on how to shave calories off your meals and snacks, which I have now incorporated, ie cut the carbs back a bit.

TIP #1 ~ One of the ideas that I have been using for some time now, is to cut everything in half; then when you hit a plateau or stall, you can half things again -- ie. if you would normally have had 2 toasts for breakfast, cut that in half and only have 1. If you would have 8 almonds, have only 4 ... and so on. Instead of a sandwich with our homemade soup, we now just have 1 slice of nice wheatbran bread or only half a sandwich. I am finally getting DH to eat only 1 hamburger instead of his usual 2.

TIP #2 ~ substitutes -- look for things that have a few less calories in them, ie cream of wheat has less than oatmeal; bran flakes have less than corn flakes and have much more fiber and iron in them.

TIP #3 ~ That's why I have been on the lookout for snacks that are only about 100 calories each. Today, I found some low-fat popcorn in 100-calorie packs; that's just right for the snacks I want to have.

Snacks have always been an issue for me; and my favorite 60-calorie sugar-free puddings and jellos were on for half price today, so I picked up enuff to last awhile. My sugar-free yogurts are only 35 calories each; and with some fruit like a small apple provide quite a filling snack.

So I am journalling everything down this week to see how I am doing and so far I am under today (I over-corrected a bit) ; so then I just added a bit more to my meal or snack to bring it up to where I wanted it to be. I hope this change will help me over this winter to not only not gain anything, but hopefully lose some this year.

HI SPICY ~ that's also how I get to visit the UK too; love those shows that come on our public stations. You get to see the rustic homes and styles that are common along with the natural beauty of the European countryside. We are glad that you like our posts and that you have joined us here on our thread -- the more, the merrier, we like to say ...

HI RONNIE ~ glad that your son's football games are turning out so well for them. That dinner that you are planning for the players sounds wonderful; it's a lot of work, but I am sure that they will appreciate it. That's a great picture of your hummingbird; I tried so many times to get one but the feeder was too close to the big window and they would get scared and take off whenever I moved. I think that I really need a camera with a bigger ZOOM on it, then I can take pictures farther away without startling them.

When we went out for our drive, we did notice that we cannot smell any gas or antifreeze anymore, but the car is still jerky -- the mechanics said that they thought this was becuz we needed new spark plugs and wires. So DH will be getting those and putting them on himself next week; in the meanwhile, we will stay at home as much as possible. We sure hope that fixes the issue for good.

Well, that's all the news for now; there's not much else going on here. I will have some more mending to do for awhile -- taking up the hems on the pants I picked up for DH today; that's OK though ... it will keep my hands busy in the evening and keep them from munching!

Hope you all have WONDERFUL WEDNEDAY tomorrow -- and do take good care of yourselves ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-22-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #55  
MSer living healthy

Hi ladies

I did not manage to drop by yesterday as it was my treatment day so things were tight time wise. Today the weather is grey and overcast with a chilly feel to the air. We have had a few spots of rain but no more than that. The leaves on the trees are rapidly turning to show their fantastic array of autumnal colours.

I had to visit to the dentist today but nothing too bad just a check up as such. Notice that I had a small lump next to the extraction and it was painful to touch or if you caught it eating. So an xray was taken and it showed no infection. It was a bone that belonged to the jaw and was the edge of the socket of the tooth extraction. It means now I have been referred to the hospital and if they feel that they can help I will have a small operation. This is done under local anaesthetic and they will cut the gum and smooth the bone. Not sure if stitches will be required afterwards as I did not ask but I presume it will. So I will fill you in as I know more.

RONNI Sound like you have been busy feeding all those hungry mouths. I have never fed so many only as many as 9 so a drop in the ocean compared to you. Glad you were able to get the ingredients on offer which is so import in this day and age of such economical uncertainty. I am always on the look out for bargains that way I get the best value for my money.

The dream of the RV is our one for our retirement. Our retirement is more to do with reaching that age as we both do not work. My DH cares for me daily which can't be easy. The log cabins here tend to be modest affairs more like small versions of bungalows

SPICY I can understand how difficult it can be for overseas viewers of such shows as Inspector Lewis to understand. Lewis is a Jordie and this means he comes from Newcastle. They to to me have a lovely accent but can be hard to understand. We all have those difficulties that you experience even me and that can even be evident in my own country. I find the Glaswegian accent very difficult to understand and that's only about 400 miles from me. Glaswegians come from the Scottish city of Glasgow.

I have never come across anyone who collects postcards. I know some of the postcards dating from the first world war are so ornate and handmade. I saw some in a museum in Belgium and these where tokens of love to men fighting in the trenches of the first world war. The amount of work that must have gone into these was phenomenal.

ROSEBUD These are great ideas for shaving off those calories in areas you may not have thought off. Sometimes as you say you hit a wall and something like this could give you the kick start you need.

Good for you being on plan and doing the extra walking all kudos to you

You tales of you camping made me think of my niece who persuade her mum to let her go camping in a friends back garden. My niece is fond of her creature comforts found it a nightmare, to her it was cold, hard , uncomfortable. The best thing was she blamed her Mum for the experience say why did you let me go That's teenagers for you

Time to go and make a cuppa my throats somewhat dry so till next time take care ladies.

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 09-24-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #56  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we had some overnight, but the came out for us today. The temps were a bit cooler with a wind, but it was pretty nice most of the day. I just stayed home and did my light housechores while DH helped out a friend with something.

I also spent some time doing stuff on my plan; it takes a bit more time, but I found a way to make it simpler for me each day. I set up a file where I can track what I eat each meal of each day, and that is very helpful too.

Did manage to get some toning exercises and such done today; plus I ate really well today too (credit moi). We had Creole Patties or Exeter Stew, which was the original name; this is a family favorite recipe and I have lots left over if I want to have some for a lunch sometime too.

PURPLE ~ sorry to hear that you have to have a wee operation on your jaw. I go for a cleaning in October and root canal in November. They are going to try to save the tooth for as long as they can, as I am missing one on the bottom there and I need something to chew my food with.

It's time again to go have some tea and put my tired legs up; I guess I have been overdoing it a bit and they are a bit sore tonight. I felt so good with the extra water out, that I have to be careful not to overdo it, or I end up paying with pain.

Take good care of yourselves, and hope that you have a great day tomorrow ... ROSEBUD
Old 09-24-2009, 03:09 PM   #57  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

Been a busy day some how today. I went shopping today for the weekly groceries, then made a fresh fruit salad for our tea. I have cooked a chicken for sandwiches tomorrow plus from the leg meat I will make something else with rice not sure yet what it will be at this point in time.

ROSEBUD Big pat on the back for staying on plan and getting some form of exercise in. My exercise to day came in the form of walking around the supermarket and parking the car further away than normal. This was because we had our dog and it was a little sunny so parked in the nice cool shade. So not for extra exercise did we park the car further away. Walked further in the supermarket as they seemed to have put things in different places with a change round that they are so fond of. Just as you are getting use to the layout they do their party piece and change it round which baffles me where things are

If I am lucky the sharp bone protrude will resolve itself by the healing process and it won't bother me. Though as things stand I will have the operation I would rather have a few days of pain and get it sorted long term. Some years back I had to have a biopsy in my mouth with a stitch in after the biopsy was done. This was done as I was getting constant ulcers in my mouth I was diagnosed with Lichen planus http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ora...planus/DS00784 This will give a much better overview than I could give.

It is mainly cleared up though I am prone to bouts of ulcers but I much easier to get rid of than before. So I am some what aware was oral surgery involves and how painful it is afterwards for eating.

Nothing else to report in this neck of the woods today so I will close and say good night to you. Take care ladies till next time.

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 09-24-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:25 PM   #58  
Rosebud

HIYA CHICKIES ~ Lotsa good news tonight -- we now have our car fixed up and it is running better than ever. Turns out the problem was the wiring connecting the spark plugs; we put new ones on anyways. Now the jerking has totally stopped.

DH did a favor for someone and helped him with his vehicle (the body part, which used to be his trade), and the man not only paid for the parts we needed, but helped DH fix our car too -- isn't that great? GOD is good; and so answered all our prayers about this car!!!

We also got a call that our glasses were ready; so we went up and picked those up today. There was a bit of a mistake with DH's -- as they forgot to put in the bi-focal; but they will fix that up and call us. I now have to get used to my bi-focals, that I don't have to bend down my head to look over the top to see everything else.

You know, they are perfect for seeing far; perfecting for seeing close, but I guess they can't do anything for the mid-range, where you guessed it, is right where my PC screen is!!! So I have to use my old glasses for reading my screen. I must look pretty funny with my regular bi-focals around my neck and another pair of glasses on my face; maybe kinda like a mad professor or something like that ... or a Mrs. Frankelstein ... No, no -- not that bad! Ha!

We had a lovely dinner tonight of Wild Pacific Salmon poached in lite Ceasar Dressing (mixed with equal amount water) for 20 minutes; along with rice and mixed veggies. I like this salmon as it is nice and mild tasting, so we will be having this again. Very on plan today.

I also did all my toning and strengthening exercises today; I do 30 minutes of toning work when I first wake up, then I do some more in the afternoon, and did some dancing this evening for aerobics. After dinner, DH and I went for a walk; it was a bit nippy, but it also felt refreshing too -- so did very well on all fronts -- kudos for that!!!

GEE PURPLE ~ I hope that you have success getting rid of your mouth ulcers (will send up some prayers about that for you) as that can't be pleasant while eating. I had a cold sore on my lip that took a while to heal up, and you know, I prayed about it, and it is finally going away. Yes, I do pray for every little thing, and my DH laughs about it (in a nice way), but I figure ~ why not?

You wouldn't believe just how many hundreds (if not thousands) of these little prayers have been answered for us over the years. I started keeping track in a journal and realized how much we take for granted sometimes -- we are really truly blessed. Good things happen to us all the time, but sometimes we fail to take notice, or we forget all too quickly ...

RONNI ~ like I said in another thread; I am so glad to see that issue resolved for you. I'm sure in time, your SIL will come to her senses and learn to appreciate her family more; and if she doesn't, sadly, she is the one who stands to lose much more ...

HEY VAL, TGIF ~ hope you had a good week and are feeling well too! How's it going up there in Thompson these days? How's the romance, I mean friendship, with B going? Still on?

HI SPICY ...

We had most of the day today, but the did peak out around dinnertime and that was nice for us; but the trees really did need the rain too. Hope you all have A FANTASTIC FRIDAY tomorrow; and please do take good care of yourselves too ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-24-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #59  
MSer living healthy

Hi ladies

Been a bit busy today as we went out for dinner, did some house work and then had step son over for tea. Haven't seen him in ages with his parents marriage break up when he was young DH did not see him that frequently. Though contact was always kept it was so nice to catch up with him and have a bite to eat. I did a little side salad with a chicken sandwich on wholemeal bread. Followed by a fresh fruit salad step son has just got in to healthy eating so was glad to have the type of fayre I served.

Must admit though I am now tired but realised had not dropped by so though I would do so before retiring to bed. No rocking required tonight in that department to make me sleep. We are likely to go out to friends for dinner but not had a confirmation from them as yet so will give a them a bell in the morning to find out whether it is still convenient for them.

ROSEBUD Thanks for the prayers regarding my mouth ulcers. I am just grateful that they are much easier to treat now and do not come so frequently as before. I think it maybe something I have to live with but there are worse things to have to manage health wise than mouth ulcers.

Touch wood I have never experienced a cold sore but my niece has them on a frequent basis. I know how uncomfortable they can be with the tingling sensation you get from this. Yes prayers can be a powerful thing and I try to remember to say thanks when being answered in another prayer. Over the years they sure do mount up all those little things we ask for.

Have you had bifocals before? I now wear a prescription lens of varifocal and it took me ages to get use to them as I was constantly looking through the wrong part of my lens for things. I am fine now I was told though I was quite young to be needing either bifocals or varifocals. I was 40 at the time of needing them well I could have had two pairs of glasses but I knew that would be a recipe for disaster of losing one pair. Plus doing different actives like playing cards or reading recipes in the kitchen I would be swapping from pair to pair. So I made the decision to have varifocals. I did take a long while to get use to them but I was determined to persevere to use them. Now I do not give them a second though automatically using the right part of the lens to focus on different things.

I hope glasses are cheaper in Canada than the UK my last pair of glasses came to £300. Not that I pick any fancy designer frame, in actual fact the frame was quite cheap no it is the lens that stings you in the pocket big time. I am really needing to go for a check up but saving up at present to buy my next pair as I suspect my lens have changed somewhat.

No further news plus it is nearing my bedtime. Just time to make a hot chocolate before bed. So night night and take care all till next time.

purpleorc

Old 09-25-2009, 08:12 PM   #60  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we had a glorious fall day; yes, the temps were cool, but it was still lovely. With a light jacket on, it was almost perfect really! I spent my morning doing light house chores while DH helped his friend with his vehicle for a couple of hours.

Then we had lunch and went to see another friend in the country as they needed some advice about their house. I spent the afternoon visiting with his wife, who is a sweet girl. They got another new dog today; she is quite nice and the meeting with their present canine boy went fine. They were a bit angst about it as the male is a big husky-shepherd and she is just a small thing that looks like part bordie collie or something similar. I was happy that things went well becuz the poor darling was upset that her people left her behind, but my friend is very loving and dotes on her pets (they are like her kids), so she is going to like living there, I'm sure ...

When we go home, we just had a quick supper of hamburglers; actually DH had his regular beef ones and I just had one chicken burger and a cob of corn on the side. This was so suitable for this nice fall day.

HEY PURPLE ~ no, this my first pair of bi-focals, as I only had reading glasses before, but as time went on, my long-range site got worse too; and it seems that my mid-range isn't that great either. A lady in another thread told me that you can get 'MULTI-FOCALS' -- I guess that is similar to the ones you are talking about. I didn't even know any such thing existed until today ...

I do have some of different strengths here though, so I am using one of them to read the PC screen; but I am still having to change glasses, which I thought that I could avoid by having bi-focals. I guess the eye doctor forgot to ask me about that; maybe he didn't even think about it himself.

Oh boy, your glasses are quite expensive over there; I guess the more focals makes them more expensive too. I didn't have to pay for my glasses as the insurance plan we have paid for them and the company that made the frames waved the extra fee for me (a policy they added for disabled persons, which I think is so nice of them; GOD bless em' for that too!)

Well, DH is worn out and laid down early tonight; and I am going to take it easy this evening myself as I am bushed too. Now, I am off for tea ... hope you all have a great weekend and A SUPER-DUPER SATURDAY!!! Do take care ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-25-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Closed Thread