3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   PHYSICAL CHALLENGES ~ August (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/178091-physical-challenges-%7E-august.html)

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-01-2009 12:02 AM

PHYSICAL CHALLENGES ~ August

:wave: WELCOME EVERYONE ~ Please join us in our thread: to give support and encouragement; to share ideas, and/or just chat with one another about everyday issues ...

This special thread is for anyone with any kind of physical obstacle and/or challenge like SB, CP, MS, MD, PK, Lupus, Osteo, Arthritis, Rheumatism, or any other condition (s), whether genetic or acquired (like injuries), that causes some physical limitations and/or difficulties.

:D HAPPY MONTH OF AUGUST EVERYONE :D

:hug: ROSEBUD :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-01-2009 12:23 AM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ Well, here's my first official post for the month of August ...

We went up town to pay some bills; and pick up just a few things we were out of (basics really). Picked up a BBQ spit chicken for dinner but made my own veggies and had salad with it too; so I stayed on plan today (credit moi). I also baked DH some blueberry bran muffins this AM (credit). I also got some walking in today: I purposely walked around the entire perimeter of the grocery store and uptown a little bit (kudos to me).

PLus, I also sat up town on the benches in the square where all the flowers are for awhile -- just waiting for DH to do his thang, and enjoying life and some rays in the meanwhile. It was a good day overall.

Hope all our Canadians friends here have a grand long weekend! Monday is our civic holiday for the month of August. That's why we decided it would be better to do our errands and stuff today instead of next week.

I talked to two of my siblings today; one brother and poor exhausted NUMPSTER ~ her step-daughters wedding went well; they said it was beautiful. Numpster did the photography for them and her DH did all the music too; so they were very tired after it was all done. Now they are off to their planned vacation -- they rented a cottage for a week or so and we hope they have a great time.

Well, things are finally cooling off in here, and it's time to hit the hay; it's been a long day for us too. DH and I caught a bit of bug, but we hope it won't stick around; the symptoms aren't as severe, but you get sticky phlegm in your chests that makes you feel yucky and tired. Hopefully that won't last too long.

Take good care ladies ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

purpleorc 08-01-2009 09:58 AM

Hello fellow chicks

First Happy civic holiday this August to all the Canadians on 3fc hope you have a wonderful time whatever you may chose to do. We do not have a holiday this weekend but our Summer bank holiday is on the last Monday in August which happens to be (Last Monday in August) 31 August this year. The civic holidays that you mention I think are equivalent to our Bank holidays. Traditionally bank holidays no banks, shops etc were open. Though some shops are now open the banks still remain shut on these days.

It still remains our normal summer ;) we are awash with rain :rain: so a very miserable and wet day here again. This is so unfortunate for the stall holders at the farmers market which was held today as it is so miserable when it is like this for them. Today I think was a complete loss really for them for the majority of time as the entrance to the shop's car park (This is where the market is held and on the wide aisled pathways) there was a car accident. The car accident had over turned a vehicle so the police had blocked off the road. So DH parked the car in the safest nearest spot on a side road and we walked to the market. So great daily exercise if somewhat getting wet in the process :rain: despite the umbrella.

This morning before going to the market I had put on a casserole for a hot tea this evening. We are having steamed vegetables with a chicken/vegetable casserole in a gravy/white dry wine sauce. I have made a large pan of this so I will have gravy left for other dishes that do not produce any gravy. With the day being so miserable I thought it would make a nice day for a casserole.

Our dog Rizzie has just had his mad half hour running round the lounge tossing his ball in the air, pouncing on his ball like a cat catching it's prey. Whoa betide anyone in his way during this time he is oblivious to you and knocks you flying. So best sit in one spot till he has done with his bizarre antics. Normally you only see this really playful running round like a demented idiot when he has just bathed. If it is good weather I pop him outside there he goes running from the front of the house front lawn to the back lawn at break neck speed. Again best policy is to steer clear else you are swept off your feet.

Yesterday DH went to the dentist to get his partial dentures. He had them in top and bottom set but was so struggling to cope with them. Today I have done some reading on the INTERNET for new denture wearer and hope the tips I have found will help him in his endeavour to be able to wear them full time without thinking about them. Now I did have a partial denture many years ago as I awaited for an area of gum to heal before they would consider doing bridgework. I was self conscious of the gap so asked for a denture to cover up the gap. So I have brief experience of what it is like and how difficult it is to get use to. Though you do crack the nut so to speak if you persevere. I do hope he has the willpower or patience shall we say to stick with them. This is because they are a perfect match that you would never know they were not his own teeth. The dentist has made a great job at ensuring the real teeth from the false teeth are not at all obvious.

ROSEBUD Gosh I bet Numpster is absolutely exhausted and her DH come to that after the step daughter's wedding. These maybe beautiful family occasions the union of two people whom love each other. Though the hard work that goes on behind the scenes to make a wonderful day is really hard work. Not to mention the stress that it brings as it is one of the most stressful things that can happen in your life. The only one to beat this stress wise which was shown by research is moving home. Or at least it was when I was studying mental illness when just having had a baby. So many people on finding they are pregnant decide to get married if they are not already married. Then move home to a bigger place to make room for the baby. Each of these events are shown to be extremely stressful and they were known factors to getting either depression or psychosis after the birth of the baby. Ladies whom this happen to will make a full recovery but it does take time to get back to normal. Though if you do have a mother and baby unit you can at least maintain the bond between the two of them as much as their illness will allow. Some contact per day is better than none at all. It will often help families as well knowing that the child is being cared for as finding out that your wife, daughter, sister is mentally ill is a big thing to take on board let alone take the responsibility of caring for the baby for X amount of time. You see you do not know how long you will have to make the commitment to care for the child which is a difficult thing. It was also proved that recovery rate was quicker if baby was around plus the bond started to form as soon as possible.

Just read that you and DH have caught some bug I hope that your soon both feeling better soon.

Well no further news I can thing of for now so take care ladies till next time bye bye

:wave:purpleorc :hug:

valpal23 08-01-2009 07:26 PM

:wave:

I'm down a little bit of weight - less then a pound from last week and my appetite is still pretty tame but I've stocked up on nuts, eggs and cheese. It's kinda nice to have a mellow appetitie because I get to enjoy calorie rich foods with fat (kind of my old 'trigger' to overeat) like cheese, bacon bits and sour cream :)

I am really loving the summer. and hoping to get some painting done this weekend. I need to go and buy primer tomorrow.... must not forget since monday is the day to paint AND the holiday.

I am off to see the latest harry potter movie in theatres. have a great weekend ladies,
Val

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-01-2009 07:32 PM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ we woke to a :sunny: weather this morning, but I knew they had predicted :rain: and winds today, and that did show up as the day went along. DH did a biking run early this AM, then went to see a friend after lunch for a short while.

I stayed home with NIKO and just did light housechores and stuff on my PC, like checking my mail and such. Wow, you can certainly while away a day doing stuff like this. I also put my legs up this afternoon to rest them as they were a bit sore after walking yesterday afternoon. If I do my walking in the AM, my legs and feet don't get too bad the next day (unless I really overdo it); but when I go walking later in the day, they always hurt the next day. It's good that I can stay home and rest them every other day.

On the alternate days of walking, I'm doing things like handweights and/or stretchie band, chair aerobics, and other toning exercises, which gives me a nice variety too. I try to do the light toning and stretching stuff each day. WE had nice leftover chicken tonight for dinner; had asparagus baked beside the chicken. I also did up some mushrooms, onions, and corn as I wanted to use up the mushrooms I had left. I still have some left that will be nice for an omelette tomorrow.

HI PURPLE ~ yes, NUMPSTER and her DH did take on a lot with this wedding, but since it was her DH's daughter, they were able to cut the costs of her wedding by donating their services. NUMPSTER is a graphic artist and does photography for a hobby right now; and her DH is a musician, who works for a music store repairing, restoring, and tuning new and old pianos, etc. She said it was nightmarishly hectic the last few days; and there were only a few small glitches that were easily remedied, but she is sure glad it's over and they are on to their new life together ... :lol:

Our NIKO acts in very similar ways to your RIZZIE; he throws his ball around and goes after it. He's great for entertaining himself; he does this indoors and outside too. Outside, he has a ball and a blue glove that he likes to toss around. DH tries to play with him a bit every evening, as that is when NIKO likes to play the most (right after dinner). Yes, NIKO went absolutely loco after we bathed him recently; he hates, and I mean 'hates' being wet in any way ... ;)

We have a farmer's market here that just started up the last week or so; but you have to show up right at the start becuz the people line right up and the fresh veggies go like crazy. Our farmer's market lasts into the fall; and they have trouble keeping up with demand -- it's crazy ... :dizzy:

Boy, it's getting really dark and windy out there; and it's pouring like cats & dogs out there too. Don't see any lightening or hear thunder yet, but if I do, I will have to shut her down (the PC, I mean). Don't want any damage done to my pc or modem.

Lots of folks have gone to their cottages, the lakes, or their camps this long weekend. DH went to pay the rent today, but our landlord was gone away to his hideaway out in the country. It seems almost every time they go out there lately, it rains on them.

Well, DH is putting on the kettle for some tea; time to rest and relax again for a spell. Want to put my legs up again this evening for awhile too. Hope you ladies all have a great weekend; take good care ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-01-2009 07:38 PM

HIYA VAL ~ you posted while I was typing. That Harry Potter movie was just here for a week and my SIL went with some friends and said that she really like it, so have fun ...

Glad to see that you are steadying out on your eating plan; tweaking here and there can really help. I like to have almonds, hard-boiled eggs, and cheese too; I find that they satisfy me better (especially the eggs). I remember doing lots of painting in my house years ago; I actually enjoyed it very much. Remember, that it counts as good exercise too (credit you). ;)

Have a wonderful holiday weekend ...

purpleorc 08-02-2009 07:02 PM

Hello fellow chicks and good evening (creeping very rapidly to morning may I say :o)

Today is a much better day weather wise so I have taken the opportunity to get some laundry done and dry it outside. Washing is so much nicer if dried outdoors. I have been busy doing the chores this weekend and have done them all by one which is the ironing. I hope that I may tackle that when I have mustered enough enthusiasm to do it :D

DH today has a swollen top lip that is making him under the weather. Not that he is admitting to that as that may mean being packed off to the doctors toot sweet. You know men and their health if it means visiting the doctor they would rather play ostrich and hope the matter goes away :D Let me tell you he is doing a mighty fine impression of a ostrich ;) What is it with men and visiting the doctors you virtually have to drag them their kicking and screaming in my experience.

I have been good on the exercise front the past three days ans have managed to get in three walks of varying distances. I enjoyed todays walk though towards the end the hot weather did get to me a tad so I whipped my cardigan off and I felt much better. It reduced the MS symptoms I was experiencing.

Today for tea I have cooked something I have not cooked in a long while which is stuffed peppers. I stuffed it with rice rather than meat, it was very nice though I think next time I will cook them a tad more as the pepper was not has soft as I would have liked. It is so nice to have different variety into your diet as it stops you from getting bored.

VAL I have pipped you to the post on watching the latest Harry Potter film the half blood prince. I personally enjoyed watching this and hope that you have the same pleasure that I did. I have read all the 7 books in the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. I feel the film stayed to the essence of the book though it has be be edited down from the book else the film would last all day. This is because the books are rather long with many twists and turns to the plot.

Congratulations on the weight loss :carrot: plus well done on being mindful to have the right foods in your diet with your appetite being reduced at the minute. I think like many of us we have trigger foods that we have to be wary of else we can go down the path of self destruction. Any way keep up the good work.

ROSEBUD Unfortunately this is my second attempt at this as my first post disappeared into the cyber space due to an update by windows that appeared to have knocked me out of login of this site. Normally I save the information but it totally when out of my head as I was tired writing it at the time. So I got well and truly stung for my troubles.

Well done you for getting all the different exercises in and clocking up some walking trips. All these different forms of exercise all count and are burning those calories.

Talking about getting stung for my troubles. DH and I were fooling around well more like I was threatening him with putting a cold can on his bare back. Well I lost my balance (not hurting myself in anyway though) and my bare back leaned up a very cold wall. So my DH said God moves in mysterious ways so it looks like I got my just desserts for being mischievous :D

I know that you like photography especially of birds that arrive in your garden. Well I spotted a bird flying towards the hedgerow when we where in the countryside. The birds name is the yellowhammer http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/nature/si...w_hammer.shtml this is a website to show you what the bird looks like. It has been years since I have seen this bird. Yet when I was younger we did see a lot more of them. Not sure why there has been a decline whether it is the tearing down of many of the hedgerow or is it the pesticides used on the land that has brought this about. It is such a crying shame as they are such a pretty looking bird. Here many of our birds do not have bright colours but tend to be either black, brown or white or a combination of these colours.

It is great that your sister and BIL were able to use their talents in the recent wedding of their daughter. Weddings have become so expense now and the annoying thing is your doing the right thing making the union legal. You can see why so many choose not to marry as the sheer cost is way out of their pocket. I would dearly love to marry my partner but the cost is too much, and secondly we would be worse off financially to the tune of a lot of money. At the moment we are classed as individuals but if we got married then my pension would be expected to keep my husband (pension being from my nursing when I took ill health) This is a bizarre set up we have in this country they do not encourage people to be married especially if they have low income like ourselves. It we choose to marry then we would really struggle financially :( Not that we are flush with money now but with careful budgeting we are OK.

well I must make tracks for my bed else it will be morning before I know where I am. So till next time ladies take care. Fingers crossed :crossed: that this post does not disappear. Though taking precautions and saving it this time.

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-02-2009 08:59 PM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ well, we had a bit of :sunny: this AM, but gray clouds moved in by noon. I fell asleep on my couch after I posted in here last evening, and then woke up in the middle of the night. I came by to read, and post; and wrote a note to my Aunt, but then finally got back to bed about 4:30 AM. Of course, then I ended up sleeping in later -- 9:15 which is later for me as I usually get up between 7 and 8 AM.

Since this was our rest day, I wasn't too upset about that though. Just took my time and moseyed around with my coffee. I splurged and had a bagel with PB this morning; a nice treat now and then. I find if I don't eat a good breakfast now, that I feel too hungry later in the morning. We decided to go for a drive this afternoon for awhile even though it was cloudy, but the rain didn't fall.

A friend of DH's is building a new house, so we went out to see how it was progressing. He has to tear down his old place first though and then they are bringing in a prefab bungalow to replace it. They are still in the tearing down phase yet, but they do still have to the fall.

Anyhow, we went out to a favorite couple of lakes that we used to go to in the past; one of them, had 6-7 or more large camping trailers parked all around the shores but no-one was there; and one fellow was fishing at the dock by his car. We used to go out there to look at the lake and yak becuz it is so peaceful, so I hope they aren't planning on leaving all those trailers out there year round becuz they are taking up all the land in front of the lake so no-one else can use it, which isn't the way it is supposed to be.

This is free public land and is supposed to be available for everyone to use throughout the season. We will go out again another time when it isn't a holiday weekend, and hopefully most of them will be gone (as I know a few of them are being left there year-round even though the government has told them not to do it). We are not pleased with people who hog the shores along all the public lakes up here: it's not very considerate -- esp for those of us who can't afford a cottage on a lake. Well, I guess that's my rant for this month. ;)

Anyways, we had a lovely dinner when we got home; I had sirloin steak with sauteed veggies and DH had a boneless center-loin pork chop (his favorite). We had a treat while we were out -- we had our dessert in the afternoon for our snack: we had a medium ice cream cone at a favorite spot that we hadn't been to for awhile. That's a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon; we wouldn't do this normally though. We only have 96% fat-free ice cream at home and in 1/2 cup measured amounts; it's our one indulgence. We have given up chips, and nachos, and hickory sticks, and popcorn, and many other treats; so we are doing really well, I think. Kudos to us ... :lol:

HEY PURPLE ~ sounds like you were up late tonight too; sorry you lost your post. I am getting more precautious these days; if I notice that my pc is acting slow or in any way odd, I save my post BEFORE clicking on the "submit reply" button. This has saved me many times.

Sorry to hear your DH is having problems with his gums; it takes time to get used to those plates for sure. When my DH got his bottom ones, his mouth was too swollen so they didn't fit; now they are way too big so he doesn't use them anymore. I wish it wasn't so expensive to have them fixed; the price is way too high now.

Today, I totally rested except for going out; but will do some other things like my stetchie bands today. I did do my tummy tucks and leg squats this AM; plus a few other toning exercises as well (credit moi). On my new plan, Sunday is now my rest or take it EZ day; I only do what I feel like doing. I'm doing more stuff on the other 6 days of the week instead.

That bird looks alot like our yellow or canary finches that we have over here. We had some here tonight; one was kind of greenish (probably a female) and the other was bright yellow with black markings (probably a male or another kind of gold finch). The tree outside our kitchen was covered with finches, sparrows, and young starlings tonight. We still have some blackbirds and the mourning doves are still coming here today as well.

We had cooler temps today; it stayed around 60F. The birds were here on and off all day and evening, so DH put out a little extra food as they always seem to return here if the temps start to get a bit colder. We couldn't believe how high one of the lakes we visited was; probably from all the recent :rain:. We could see the lake from the road as we were driving by; it reminded me of the shores we went to when we were young in the southern part of the province off Georgian Bay.

YES, VAL ~ Congrats on losing even 1 lb ... it all counts, so take it!!! Last time I weighed the scale said I lost 3 lbs, but that may have been water as I tend to retain lots of water (from 3-5 lbs and more).

Well, that's all the news from here for now; time to put my legs up for awhile. Will have some tea later too. Take good care ladies and have A MARVELLOUS MONDAY ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-03-2009 11:12 PM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ well this AM started out with a mix of :sunny: and cloud; it was a bit cooler and a bit windy, but it turned out to be a fairly nice day overall. Sat out on our porch for awhile this afternoon. Did some work on my files and my plan: working on healthy recipes and fiber foods today; and my new exercise plan (credit moi).

I am trying to increase my exercise a bit, so after dinner, I got DH to take me up to a local school and we walked around their gigantic parking lot which is about the size of a football field; we walked around a perennial garden dedicated to a local girl as well. It took us 30 minutes going at my pace and we went a bit extra to get the time in. My back and right knee started acting up by that time, so I knew it was time to go home. A doctor I had in the past, told me to stop if my back started to hurt: becuz that meant it was time to rest.

I did discover some helpful things tonight while doing this walk: 1) if I felt pooped, stopping for a few seconds helped a lot; 2) that after a little while, my breathing leveled out, and I felt much better; and 3) after so many minutes walking, my adrenaline kicked in and I started to feel like a normal person walking again, without the undue strain I had felt at the start.

Another thing that was an answer to prayer for me is that my calves were actually sweating by the end of the walk -- that means the circulation is improving in them; so the exercises I have been doing is helping them after all. That alone made me very happy. So, kudos to me, for pressing on, and getting this done. All of this gave me some encouragement.

I am also going to go look at a track that is at another place to see if it is accessible to me; it is a bit more private and would feel more appropriate than just walking around the perimeter of a large parking lot. I also hope that that snowfall, I will be in good enuff shape to be able to go to the arena this winter. I have to build up my endurance now though, starting with 3 days a week, then 4, then up to 6 days a week with one day off.

I am going to try and do this as often as my body will let me without hurting it too much. I want to pick us up some really good rain coats or ponchos this week too, so we won't use the :rain: as an excuse not to go for a walk. I can also go for walks in the stores on those days as well.

Anyways, that's all the news from here for now. Tomorrow, we will be also getting the last of the wood we need to finish the floor braces; then it will be all done. The floor takes a long time to do, but once it is done, then the actual cottage can start to be built.

Take good care ladies, and hope you all have A TERRIFIC TUESDAY ... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

ronni62 08-04-2009 08:41 AM

Hello, Ladies! Sorry to have been gone so long-well, wasn't really gone, but had little time to visit 3fc and post, but I have tried to keep up with all your posts. You are a very busy group!

We've been so busy running back and forth to visit DH's dad and try to help deal with issues of cleaning out his apartment and moving things. He finally passed away Saturday night. It was a long time of suffering for him these last few weeks. DH was with him when he passed, so I know that helped both of them. Unfortunately, it was also DH's mom's birthday, so she kinda joked that he didn't give her a very good birthday gift:lol: They had been divorced for many years, but had a good relationship now, and I did remind her that he waited until the end of the day to go. She knows he had no control over the time, but was trying to cheer us all up a little bit. The memorial is planned for Saturday, so we'll be gone again for a long weekend.

Other than that, my own dad was finally diagnosed with throat cancer and waiting for results on whether it has spread (I may be repeating myself-sorry if I mentioned that before). He lives 12 hours away, so we're hoping he might let us move him here for treatment, so we can help him out.

DS2 started football practices this week-I can't believe it's almost time for school again! Much to do before the first day with paperwork we have to file. Must get his senior pics scheduled soon too or we'll miss the yearbook deadlines and such....so much to do:dizzy:

Well, hope you all have a really nice day and rest of the week, in case I get too busy to visit again. Take care and enjoy what's left of summer!

purpleorc 08-04-2009 10:26 AM

Hi ladies

Did not find the time to come on yesterday unfortunately. I have spent the weekend scouring the INTERNET for tips on cleaning a shower. I have been a naughty bunny and let soap etc build up. So it was elbow grease and patience need. Though finally by the end of the day my shower is sparkling clean and smells super clean. I hated the fact my shower had gotten so bad through my own neglect. Everything else in the bathroom was shining and beautifully clean but the shower was awful till yesterday. Glad I had read on the INTERNET how to remove soap build up, mildew and mold. I know by other peoples standards they would say my shower wasn't too bad but you know when something is bugging you as it is not to your own high standards.

Weather has been a right mixed bag of sunny and rainy weather. Though today rain is forecast throughout the day. So far the forecasters have this one spot on. Even though it is raining it is quite hot and humid really not what you would expect when you see the grey clouds over head.

RONNI :hug: My deepest sympathies to you and your family during this time. FIL sounded like a brave, courageous man whom fought cancer to the bitter end. Wherever your FIL is now in the world at least he is pain free and cancer free. :hug:

I can fully understand the running around after the passing of your FIL if the procedure is anything like here in the UK. You do not realise the amount of running around to various places informing different organisations of the circumstances now. Plus on top of that clearing an apartment of your FIL and we do not realise how much stuff we collect over the years.

Prayers for your own Dad and his further investigation in the nature of the cancer. I am sure it would make a lot easier for you to help your Dad if he was close by rather than 12 hours away. Lets hope he is willing to move and that it will make life easier for you with caring for his needs during his forth coming treatment.

When you say your taking your son to football practise is this the game I know as American football or is it soccer ? Here our own football season is starting up very shortly (soccer) . There are small leagues of American football here but it is no where as popular as football (soccer) which is our national game.

ROSEBUD Thanks again for holding the fort just over did the work load yesterday so was bush whacked (shattered ;) )

DH seems to be slowly on the mend and his lip has gradually gone down. It still remains a little sore but not so bad. He is persevering with the top dentures at the minute and then add in the bottom ones into the equation shortly. They say from literature it takes a week for every decade old you are to get use to them and your cheek muscles to hold the plate in place. Seeing as DH is 50 next year your talking at least 5 weeks. :fr: gosh where does time fly to it is hard to believe he will be 50 in about 9 months time. My sister reaches the big 40 this years how this possible my baby sister ;) Alright so when she came along (born on same day 5 years apart) I was taken by Dad to see my special present for my birthday which was my baby sister. I apparent took one look at her said "I don't like her take her back !!" As children we fought like cat and dog though I think it was due to the age gap of 5 years which is a lot as a child but nothing as an adult. Now when she hit the age of 14 we got on like a house of fire the years melted away. We still have a close relationship with her and is like a best friend.

Good for you on your walking. I find the same about having to push myself a little initially and then as you say you get the rush of adrenalin which puts you on a high. It is just a matter of gritting you teeth and getting to that point. Doing as you do walking and taking frequent stops along the way is an excellent way of building up your stamina. It is good that you are looking into alternative more private options to do your exercise of walking.

Right time to go into the kitchen and making some head way in making the tea. So bye for now ladies and take care

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-04-2009 10:30 PM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ the weather wasn't too bad today; we had a nice mix of :sunny: and :rain:, so we went up town and got our wood to finish the floor frame and we also picked up the rails for the ramp. They were much less than we thought, only $5.00 a piece; well worth it to have nice rails and get no slivers. We got one for each side which should be nice.

We decided that while we were there, we would do this week's shopping and save a trip. So, I managed to get in some walking again today (kudos to me); and it looks like this new plan will work out well. Some days, we'll shop & walk; another, we'll go to the lot and walk; and on the others, we will go to the track and walk; leaving Sunday as my rest day.

DH wants to go up to the lot tomorrow, and work on those last crossbraces, so while I am there, I will try and get some walking in with NIKO too. We went to the school and looked at the track that I mentioned here yesterday. It looks pretty big to me; it could be 400 yards or more, but I'm only guessing. We want to see if I can walk around it at least one time; but I'm pretty sure that I will have to stop and rest a lot. It's a goal to work towards anyways. DH helps support me though to make sure that I get around without falling; I wouldn't even try it without having his arm to lean on.

We had a good eating day; I made a Irish family favorite called creole patties which are just hamburger patties cooked with onions, corn, mushrooms, tin tomatoes. I brown the 2" patties with the onions and mushrooms (just becuz I happened to have some on hand), then added the tin tomatoes with juice and 1/2 cup frozen kniblets corn. We also had new potatoes with this; and it was really nice. I made myself a baby cuke salad with lite ranch dressing. I have a couple of meatballs leftover for lunch tomorrow.

HI PURPLE ~ don't worry about being too tired to come in now and then; that happens to us all. Sometimes, I'm so tired that I fall asleep in the evening and don't get in. I'm glad to hear that your DH's lip is starting to get better; I bet he can't wait til it's all over and done.

It's funny that you wanted your parents to take your sister back -- that reminds me that NUMPSTER was so upset that our youngest sister showed up, that she slapped her across the face when she first saw her. Eeks, talk about jealousy or what? But Numpster was only 2 or 3 y/o at the time, so we can forgive her; and our little sister doesn't remember it anyways. They are also good friends now too. :lol:

:hug: HI AGAIN, RONNIE ~ you have had more than your share of grief over the last while. I think that is a great idea to get your Father to come and stay near you for his treatments, so that you can help him and also enjoy spending some more time together too. We can only hope that he sees the benefit of such a move.

I am sending up some special prayers that your doctors in the US will see the wisdom and kindness of making sure that those with terminal cancer (and other terminal illnesses) don't suffer needlessly during the last days and weeks (or even months) of their lives. With all the pain medicines that we have at our disposal, there really isn't any reason why anyone should be suffering at the end at all. I thank GOD above that our doctors and nurses in Canada have such great compassion on our terminally ill patients and try to make them as comfortable as is possible. That's my rant for this week, but it is a so very important one too!;)

We are also sending up ^prayers^ for you and your Dad; plus your DH and all of your families during this difficult time in your lives ... :hug: It was nice of you to take the time out to come in and post; thanks for the update.

Well, that's all the news from here for now. Take good care of yourselves and do have A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 08-04-2009 10:38 PM

:wave: HI MEOWEE ~ hope you are starting to feel better; and those doctors are figuring out what ails ya ... ;)

HIYA VAL ~ hope you are having a good week up there in Thompson; just a short week this week anyways! Hope your meeting went well with your MS doctor ... :hug:

ronni62 08-05-2009 09:48 AM

Hi! Trying to get some normalcy in life for the boys, so, after football practice yesterday, we went to the pool and just swam and sunned for the afternoon. It was really relaxing and ended up a little pink!:beach:

Purple-my DS plays American football, although he did play soccer one summer a while back, but he just loves the American football the most. Always watches the Minnesota Vikings and has his favorite players, of course! Thanks for your well-wishes. It helps alot at this time to know that others are concerned. :hug: I also have issues with cleaning showers, so nice to know I'm not the only one! Some of mine come from the fact that most of the cleaners don't do what they say they will and they aggravate my asthma as well, so I have a hard time finding something that will clean up the soap scum and hard water spots. Oh, well....

Rosebud-Keep up the great work with your walking plan. Your DH is so supportive that I'm sure that helps alot! Thank you also for your thoughts and prayers for us. As I said to Purple, it really means alot. :hug:

Hi, also, to Val, Meowee, Numpster, Beverlyjoy! Hope you all have a great day!

purpleorc 08-05-2009 04:39 PM

Hi Ladies

It is late evening here as I have been busy today going to the chemist twice, doctor and weekly grocery shop so a full days schedule.

Weather started off very wet and pretty horrid altogether. Though as the day progressed it got better I must say to the point we had some nice sunny periods.

As I said earlier I went to the doctors to discuss the issue to the oedema that I had experienced whilst taking the increased dose of gabapentin. Doctor agreed with me that I could not stay on that amount due to the side effects and stay on the reduced dose. At the moment the pain is not too bad from my face due to the fact the weather is milder. Though cold days are a big trigger factor to me frequently causing attacks. The other issue was the on going problem with my lack of sensation due to nerve damage. So I fully expected an increase in my tablet. But no I must have seen a forward thinking doctor. I have been seeing the female doctor in the practice as she is very good in my opinion. Why I say forward thinking was she suggested I take an alternative medicine. Even telling me that it was on offer in a particular shop as one of her patients had informed her. So when I get the product called lepicol I will let you know how I get on with it. Doctor told me to come back if I was having no joy with that product and we will try something else. Doctor also gave me gabapentin in 300mg dose to see how I could tolerate that so stop me from taking so many tablets in a day. At present I take six 100mg daily. This tablet will mean only two a day so reducing the the amount by four. Though will have to see if I can tolerate taking the high dose all at once.

Had a phone call from my parents to say their power steering on their car had gone. So I guess their car will be going to the garage to be repaired £££ so goodness knows what the bill will be for that. I hope it will not be too costly to put it right again.

RONNI
Glad you managed to get a few hours of relaxation by the pool after after the hectic period of time that you have had.

Yes most kids have a favourite team mind you when I say kids my DH likes to know how his team he has supported since he was knee high to a grass hopper. He like a football team (soccer) called Leeds United. He told me today the football (soccer season starts this Saturday) so sooner than I thought.

Yes things like showers get neglected especially when I am feeling tired. I tend to prioritise what jobs I need to get done and those I can leave. Well you can guess the shower often gets pushed a bit down the pecking order of things. You may find this site useful in cleaning all sorts of things as several of the tips include more natural things which may not trigger asthma attacks. www.tipking.co.uk I use it a lot to solve my little chores around the home to get things sparkling again.

ROSEBUD Glad you have managed to get a lot of walking done whilst on a shopping trip. I also have done a lot of walking today with shopping and other chores we pulled in. So they are aching a fair bit tonight but I am sure with a good nights rest they will be back to normal.

I must admit your pattie meal sounds kind of yummy to me. Not sure what I am cooking tomorrow but I have taken some chicken out and will do something with that and serve with brown rice. It will either be sweet and sour, lemon chicken, or Thai chili so it will be decision time tomorrow. I need something relatively soft as I am having a tooth extracted tomorrow.

Glad to hear that I was not the only jealous sibling when another baby came along. I know when I tell my nieces of the story they all though it was funny that I told my parents to take her back. This is their mum so they think it is really funny. I know when I was that age it is hard to believe that adults had once been children. That adults as well seemed really old when in actual fact they were maybe my age I am now :fr:

No further news for me. Will try to come on here tomorrow but not sure how the extraction will effect me and the trigeminal nerve that I have big problems with. If effected will be taking pain killers to dull the pain but no doubt that will leave me on cuckoo fairy land :lol: Till next time take care everyone