Dieting w/back problems

• I have been exercising on and off for the past year and thankfully have lost 15 pounds overall. I still have quite a bit to go though. On Sunday I threw out my back. I was on a decent regiment of exercising in the morning (30 Day Shred) but now that my back is out I've been laying around and I find it harder to stick to my diet plan. It hurts to do much of anything and have muscle relaxers and pain killers plus going to an acupuncturist. I feel like I need to do something to keep me somewhat on track before I get too far off the wagon. Should I just restrict my caloric intake? I can walk for about 15 minutes before my back starts hurting. Also trying to stretch some as well. I thought about getting in the pool, but with the heat the pools are packed. Anyone else have back issues? How do you deal with this setback?
  • I would suggest just keeping on your plan (the eating part); and as for the walking, just do 5 minutes, several times a day. That way, you won't bother your back. When my back acts up, which happens quite often, becuz I have Spina Bifida, that is what I do so I don't gain ...
  • If you are insured, try to go to a chiropractor. I found it really gets you up and going faster than just letting it heal naturally. I have had a lot of back issues. I go to a chiropractor when/ if I have the money. It takes several "visits" for one problem, but I have never gone so long between back problems as I had when I went to a chiropractor. I have not had a back problem since 2005.
  • I also see a chiropractor and he is the best. I also use a excercise ball and do light exercises on it like hip twists and leg stretches while sitting on the ball. I feel the ball is low impact.
    I have Fibromyalgia, 3 herniated disks, Degenerative Joint Disease, and Osteoarthritis. So I am in lots of pain 24-7. I am on a lot of pain medication that I feel adds to my weight problems.