Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #31  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello fellow chicks

We (DH and I) went on our delivery today to an industrial estate in Cambridgeshire one of our shorter journeys at 78 miles one way. I must admit I prayed very hard today as DH said he could feel the clutch racing thus it was on its way out. So I prayed that it would get us there and back without breaking down. The man upstairs answered my prayers and we made it without incident. (phew) So prayers of thanks for letting us have a kind journey under the circumstances. The weather in parts was atrocious with thunder storms and bucketing down with rain. Poor Rizzie when DH was delivering and unloading the van decided that he would hide from the noise in the drivers well where all the foot pedals are located. Here we tend not to have automatic vans or cars. So there are 3 pedals so it was not actually the most comfortable position he had selected. Then deciding that was not helping hide from the bangs of thunder he leaped from the front of the van to the back seats. He would not come back. So I had to get out of the van and open the side door before he bolted in the unit where DH was delivering. These can be dangerous places with forklift trucks around and the last thing they would be expecting was a frighten dog. With some coaxing he came out the van and into the front area. I heard on the radio though that there had been some places with flooding due to the hard down pour. Not flooding as peoples homes in water but the road awash with water as the drains can not handle the shear volume of rain in a short period of time.

I went to bed early yesterday after feeling shattered slept extremely well. I felt much better and refreshed this morning, I definitely needed that long sleep my body was telling me so I listened for once

ROSEBUD Your mock apple pie sounds very nice and right up my street I must admit. I am big lover of fruit of any kind and sometimes go overboard and pay for my indulgence.

Sorry that your brothers operation was cancelled I hope that they reschedule soon. Yes hard one to call whether his body need more time to recover between procedures. I am not sure whether he is having general anaesthetic to have the teeth removed or under local anaesthetic. Nearly all teeth extraction here in the UK is done now under local anaesthetic unlike a few years back where they used general anaesthetic. I remember having that done when I was 11 years old. Not that my teeth were bad but to make room for the rest of my teeth. The dentist felt there would be crowding and he made the right call as I have very straight teeth now. Not that I was very keen at 11 years old having 4 teeth out and a baby one which was hanging on by a thread.

When you have a smaller property you have to be strict with yourselves and stop your hoarding as you just do not have the room. Every so many years we have to be ruthless otherwise we would be over run. We tend to store things in the walk in cupboard in case we might need it. But normally we don't we are just hoarding big time. DH is worse than me at squirrelling things though my faux pau is having tonnes of books. I love reading and now I do not read as much as I used to as my concentration is less. So hence I do not get through the volume of books that I use to. I must stop buying books but old habits die hard.

Good idea the sunflower seeds I bet they are high in protein and so keep you from nibbling and filled up for longer. I sometimes have a small portion of unsalted nuts. I know they are high in calories but better calories than a bag of crisps. Not to mention they will keep you fuller for longer. It is a shock to find out how many calories are in junk foods we love. They are lethal as you have proved how much weight gain they could give in a year

I have been able to breath a sigh of relief as BIL said that the DVD cover and label that I did for his girlfriend grandfather's shattering of the ashes was excellent. I was fearful that it would not be well received. I must have more confidence in my ability though this does not come easy.

Well no further gossip the part of the world so till next time take care ladies

purpleorc
Old 07-17-2009, 11:03 PM   #32  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ Well, this morning, DH went out to our shed to try to find my MP3 player (which we still haven't found yet), and we discovered more music tapes and boxes of office stuff and you know ... more stuff that needs sorting and uhggg ... I thought I was finished and I wasn't.

So my nice and orderly spare room now has more boxes in it that I have to sort out; more tossing is in order for sure. We had planned to go to the old farm and see if the Rhubarb there was still good, so we decided to go after lunch and we did manage to get another half pail -- there was still lots of small ones left, but we just took the big ones as I'm sure I will have enuff for the winter now.

Boy, the bugs were really bad over there: now I know for sure that DH and I made the right choice all those years ago, buying our lot where we did -- there aren't near as many bugs and the temps are about 10% cooler there as well. DH had also wanted to bring home a few things as well; so we did that too and I found my patio table there and we brought it home. I want to paint it to make it look nicer and then put it on our deck. Then we took a long drive back home to see some friends of ours who just bought a house and so we swung by there as well.

Tonight, DH went and picked up some DELI BBQ SPIT CHICKEN; we hadn't had that in a while and we have enuff left for dinner tomorrow as well. That was nice for me to not have to cook and it was getting warm out there as well, but tonight, it cooled down nicely.

PURPLE ~ I am so glad your trip was successful and safe; and that your prayers were answered too. Poor Rizzie and those big mean thunderclaps; our NIKO doesn't like them either and he hunkers as near to me as he can get. Our Pin Pin used to get really scared of them and would even start panting from fright; but NIKO isn't as bad, esp if I reassure him that it is OK, then he relaxes and lays down but within eye range of us. They are just like kids in so many ways ...

I'm glad that your CD cover was a hit; I bet that was a relief to you. Like you, I love to read -- and I do have some books that I have already read that I won't likely read again, so I have already filled one box to give to goodwill. Any that I really disliked, I just toss into the garbage now.

Well that's all the news for now; I put my legs up earlier and just changed my bandage on my leg, but it was stinging a bit tonight -- not sure why. It does look better today, but I may take a mild pain pill so that I can sleep well tonight anyways.

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL and RESTFUL WEEKEND ... and do take good care ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-17-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #33  
MSer living healthy

Hi ladies

Weather is more clement today at present though rain is forecast for later today.

Today I am making a chicken soup from the bones of a roast chicken we are having for dinner later today. So cooking lots of vegetables at present then all I have to do is add the chicken stock ( from boiling the bones in water). Then finally I will strip the carcass from the remaining meat to add to the soup. This way I get the most out of my chicken. I have 2 chicken meals ( what I mean by that 2 meals for 2 days) plus soup for several days not bad value considering it was £2.30 for the small chicken. I could get more meals but I am a soft touch and give the leg meat to Rizzie. Before our Rizzie then I would make this normally into a curry so another meal would be eked out of the chicken. Old habits die hard of getting the most for my money but not a bad thing in this age of limited funds. I am so glad that I paid attention to my Dad's tips from when he was feeding our family on only his wage. ( my mum was a stay at home mum until I was old enough to start cooking the family meal and take care of my sister for a short period of time) I was 13 by this stage and I had to care for my sister for 30 minutes and start the family tea. My sister was the holy terror trying to get up to all sorts of mischief then blaming me She use to drive me to distraction at times and my parents were lenient towards her due to her being sick for a lot of the time. I think a lot of parents would react in the same manner but you do not realise that as a child and just think it is unfair. Though my sister and I are best friends now but as children we were sworn enemies just about. Though we would quickly come to the others defence if we found anyone picking on them

ROSEBUD The rhubarb is just about over here now till next growing season. Though I do have quite a bit stashed in the freezer for the rest of the year. Along with rhubarb I have blackberries and raspberries. In about 6 weeks time it will be time to go blackberrying again. It is nice to pick up the wild blackberries as they are a free food (not had to pay). The wild ones are not as sweet though as the cultivated variety. Talking of fruit I saw my first blueberry plant at friends house they have two plant pots with a plant in each. I like blueberries but did not know what an earth the plant looked like they were harvested from. To be honest until resent years blueberries were not on sale here in the UK but now we have a whole variety of fruit many of which can not be grown in the UK accept in green houses as our climate is not hot enough.

You are so right when you describe our dogs like children it is so spot on. At times he makes as much mess, as mischievous, playful, loving and need as much care as a child. You have to feed them, give them enough fluids as they are incapable of doing this themselves. Bath them gosh the similarities are endless. When I do a trip to deliver I have to pack another bag just for him with water, food, poopy bag and lead. Plus covers to place over the seats to protect them cos you can guarantee he will find a muddy spot if there is one about to tread in

We are fortunate regarding the bugs in UK as we are not normally get bugs like you describe. Yes you get them around water or under a group of trees. Otherwise the worse we have to content with is the house fly (aka the blue bottle) Glad you and your DH made the right choice to buy in the cooler climate of that area of Canada as it has reaped it's rewards. Sounds like you have been busy visiting friends and refreshing garden (patio furniture)

I hope the stinging in your leg eased off last night even if it was with the aid of pain medication which if it gives you some ease I believe in taking them. Like my MS doctor says why be in pain and miserable what quality of life is that. The key is to have the minimum your comfortable at and have a good quality of life that your body limitations gives you. Such sound advice it is a balancing act of getting aches and pains until some control so that you can be the boss of them. I hope you see some improvement with the new ointment regime soon. I know things ain't going to happen over night though if things are not deteriorating then that is a blessing.

Went to a local shop today to pick up a magazine and bananas and unfortunately a lady was brought into the store after having a fall. We were seated in the cafe having a coffee. The first aider was one of the cafe staff. The first aider was excellent how she dealt with the incident. The lady had fallen face first and given herself a mega nose bleed in the process. Ambulance was called and they were seeing to the lady when we left. I must admit if I had injured myself I would have felt reassured by her calm efficient manner.

No further news for now I must go an start making a move on the next process of my soup. So till next time bye bye and take care

purpleorc
Old 07-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #34  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ hope you had a super Saturday. DH and I bagged up the rest of the Rhubarb today (he washed it while I cut it into chunks and put it into baggies); then put it in the freezer; managed to get 26 baggies in total between the two batches which is great. We also went out and picked up some fresh groceries, esp fruit and veggies, etc. We also had to pick up some keys as DH lost one of his and so I had some extras made and I also picked up some flower bulbs on sale (very good price), so hope they come up. I got enuff to do here and up at our lot too.

HI PURPLE ~ you sure get a lot of meals out of one small chicken; I get two meals and can use the carcass for soup too. Your prices are much better than ours for whole chickens; we pay anywhere from $5-10 bucks, but this week they have a good sale, but I sorted out my freezer this week and found 4 in there, so I want to use them up first before buying anymore. We had the other half of the chicken tonight; it works out well for us as DH likes the legs and I like white meat.

I was wondering when you put salt in your cleaning water solution, how much salt would you recommend to put in the water per gallon or liter of warm water? What kind of salt do you use? Table salt or large pickling salt? Have you ever tried baking soda?

I have been soaking my leg and it is starting to look better again, but it will take a while for it to get smaller again; I must be patient and let it close up on it own. It is difficult to wait like this, and can be scary too. I'm sure that this must be so scary for people with cancer and other serious health problems too. Waiting and hoping that the meds will work for them so they can breathe a bit easier ...

The reason the Rhubarb is good here (and much of it was very small) is becuz we had rain late this year. We usually have lots of rain in May and June to get the Rhubarb then, but this year we are having rain late June and early July, hence why the Rhubarb is ready now. Everything is a bit late this year and when it was hot, it was way too hot. My onion sets haven't come up right this year; either they were too old or the weather caused it. Next year, I will go back to a former source; I changed this year and that was a big mistake.

Anyways, I am in here late while soaking my legs; by the time I am finished posting and reading, I will be able to put on my new bandage for the night. Then maybe I'll do some puzzles or read a bit too.

Hope you all have a lovely, restful Sunday tomorrow; and do take good care ... ROSEBUD
Old 07-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #35  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

happy Sunday ladies! I've been reading the chit chat you've got going on about your dogs -- while I dont have a dog I can attest that my parents recently got a chiahuahua =terrior cross lap dog who they spoil absolutly rotten and take eeeeverywhere with them. He really is their baby boy - and I joke now that I dont go down to see them anymore, I just go to see their puppy who is so excitable and hyper whenever I see him. It helps that he remembers me and my car whenever I arrive

News on my end of things is:
1. I'm headed to Minnesota for a few days next month. I was granted the time off from my boss on Friday and will be carpooling down with a coworker who is headed to a wedding. My best friend from college lives down there and recently quit her job in LA to be able to move closer to her family (she's 25 and felt compelled to prove herself in the world by moving as far away as possible in North America - it tooks some talking and affirmation but I spent my Mexico cruise last year telling her to do what makes her happiest!) She also did the MS 150 mile bike tour in honour of me several years ago and stuck by my side through my entire diagnosis. She is a beautiful soul and I"m so happy to be able to see her in person (skype is a free video call utility we use online but it's not the same!)

Last month I finally decided to stop staying in contact with an ex boyfriend from college. We dated before I was at my highest weight, and before MS -- then for some reason I felt obligated to stay in touch with him afterward! (which makes me mad at myself) Four years later, I turned 25 and was able to remove the messenger program I used to keep in touch with him. Since all we did now was communicate online.

Which brings me to my next exciting point! I 'met' a really cool guy on the one dating website I'm on. I cant explain why I stayed on it after I joined several sites in college with a friend, and quit them all shortly after. maybe it was a nice ego boost now that I had lost weight.

Anyways, we spent two hours on the phone last night - our first phonecall. We've been emailing back and forth for a couple weeks now - and he asked to add me as a friend on facebook -- which made me really anxious, because my profile on that site is allll about MS (I use the site for work and I connect with a lot of political influences on it, so I like to use it to advocate for MS and raise awareness) Anyways, I didnt want to snub this great guy so I figured the best thing I could do was tell him about MS (over an email! ugh!!) and see if he ran for the hills.

Well he didnt. Turns out his Dad is an 'incomplete quadripilegic' and has been since the guy was 1 year old... not that it's cool or anything but.. wow. Even if it doesnt work out with this guy (he lives in Winnipeg so that's 700 kms south, though everything is far away from where I live) It's nice to be reminded I'm not going to be single forever Since I'm carpooling to Minnesota next month, we'll be overnighting in Winnipeg so I should get to meet this guy in person.

I also got my contacts into my eyes - and have been wearing them for several weeks now. It is exciting to 'see my face' for the first time. I feel like a new person, it's really exciting to be able to change up my appearance a little bit and get some more confidence. I went and had my hair highlighted last week as well.

anyways, one thing that has happened with all the newness and changes is that I've lost a large part of my appetite. Hopefully it returns pretty quickly because we all know what skipping meals leads to! I am doing my best to eat salads even when I'm not hungry, and have fruit for breakfast. I will have to guard that pretty closely right now so I dont get weak. Perhaps I'll go to the grocery store and load up on healthy snacks.

take care ladies!
Val
Old 07-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #36  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

and only nine more posts until I'm over 1,000 so I think I'll go take care of that right now!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #37  
MSer living healthy

Hello fellow chicks

Good afternoon from the UK. Today it is very changeable weather wise one minute sunny the next throwing it down with rain.

Well last night I reformatted my PC I don't know what I had put on it but whatever it was it was slower than a tortoise. So I finally lost patience with it and reformatted it. Though I spent sometime before hand saving pictures etc to another drive which would not be touch during the wipe clean. I had to try and find out where some of the games I played where they saved. They weren't simple and in a saved folder in program files under the named game. No they were squirrelled away in places I would not have found if I had not done a search then took the file out to see if it was the right one. I did though manage to mess up one and that was my favourites from firefox. I must have saved the wrong file. Fortunately most of the favourites are also duplicated on internet explorer so I just transferred those. I think I am just about square now and it is completed apart from the digital camera drivers. Though I am sure there will be something else I will have forgotten you can guarantee that.

Last night my tummy was swollen and then it started to hurt a little. Though first thing this morning it was bad the pain used heat as a means to easy the pain and that worked wonderful. So now the pain is virtually nil. I suspect it was my ulcer rearing its ugly head. Not that I can think that I ate anything that would aggravate it.

Well as I said I bet I would forget something well I have found something. I was using internet explorer and was going to spell check my work so far. Well no spell check, so I save my post download the spell check but I can't get it to work so need to try shortly and sort the issue out. So I transferred my post over to firefox though that had no spelling checking facilities so I had to download the the add on of the UK English dictionary. Gosh what a palaver just to check my atrocious spelling. I was never brilliant at spelling though in recent years I have found spelling even the easiest word taxing. I am not sure if it is due to the MS as I know it had hit my speech centre with me struggling to find the right word when speaking. Frequently having to go around the houses to describe what I mean. For example if the word iron eludes me I would say it was something for making your clothes free of creases.

ROSEBUD Yes chickens are dear for you in Canada though I must say they are shot up in price here but not to the dizzy heights of your prices I must say. Yes I am good at eking out meals from a chicken we had about 3oz - 4oz of chicken breast for that meal each. Then plenty of vegetable well four to be exact not including potatoes. That makes it a filling nutritious meal not too overloaded with calories.

If making a saline solution (salt in water) there is no hard fast rule how much. All I do is put as much as the amount of water will dissolve. It will not harm if you are a bit heavy handed on the salt. If it has not dissolved it all I would just add a tad more water till it disappears especially if you are using it to wipe over the wound. Though if just using salt water as a soak it doesn't matter it just will feel gritty if you are in a bath of it. I use table salt or I have used rock salt if I have not got any. Though I prefer table salt as it is finer and dissolves much easier. Has for the baking soda, I have not heard of that for irrigating wounds or soaking them. I have heard it used in stings to reduce the pain from those. I can't imagine there will be too much to worry about with it. Though I would do some research before hand if thinking of using this method.

Just before starting this post I made a fresh fruit salad for tea. Plus sliced up some bananas on a baking tray. Tried as much as possible for the slices not to touch. I am going to use the bananas to make mock ice cream. You take out the frozen slices let them defrost slightly then blitz them in the blender to form the consistency of soft ice cream. I will be serving this on the fresh fruit salad. There is more than one way to skin a cat I will get more fruit down my DH even if it by deviant means He will see the ice cream and think he has a nice pudding. I have tried to give him more of the sweeter fruits like mango, melon, strawberries and grapes.

Spotted a stitch in Rizzie ear this afternoon which I was able to take out very easily. So that is 7 I have managed to remove in total. I also was able to cut stitches which were very tight and pulling his ear. Hopefully he will feel a wee bit better for the release of those tight stitches.

Hello to NUMPSTER, VAL, RONNI and a special mention to our MEOWEE. I hope you are slowly on the mend Meowee still thinking of you frequently and sending prayers for your recovery.

I have no other news this weekend so have a lovely Sunday everyone. Till tomorrow take care ladies. I am going to put my feet up now and have a little rest.

purpleorc

Old 07-19-2009, 11:41 PM   #38  
Rosebud

Just had a quiet restful day today. This afternoon, we all went out for a nice drive and it was really nice. WE stopped at a favorite place and had a ice cream cone each. Mine was too big; Dh thought it was funny, but promised to get me a small one next time. It's been a year or so since we did that, so I ate leaner for the rest of the day to make up for that. I told him that was my dessert for the day and next week too! lol ...

PURPLE ~ glad you have been able to get so may of RIZZIE's stitches out; and got your PC stuff sorted out. Sounds like you know quite a bit about computers now. I have a second drive for storing pics too, as they take lots of memory. I try to save things as I go so as not to lose them, but I am due for some catch up pretty soon.

HIYA VAL ~ it's so nice to hear from you; boy, you've had lots of changes in your life lately. You sound very excited and happy. Now when you meet this fella; keep it in a public place until you get to know him -- OK, I'm being a mother hen, but we want you to be safe and happy.

Yes, it can be tempting not to eat under these circumstances, but make sure you eat some protein of some kind to protect your major organs and your muscles. Fruit and salad are fine, but you do need some protein from some source. Lean protein can be found in fish and chicken too; eggs and cheese, plus unsalted nuts and seeds. Hope you have a fabulous visit with your good college friend and meeting your new PC friend too. Yes, do take care of yourself and be sure to eat well.

We had steak and veggies for dinner; DH had a pork chop as that is what he prefers. Had a bit of salad with mine too. It was very nice. Well, it's time to go and change my bandage and put my feet up too; I'm getting a bit tired too.

So, take good care ladies and hope you have MARVELLOUS MONDAY! ROSEBUD
Old 07-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #39  
MSer living healthy

Hello fellow chicks on this Monday afternoon

I had planned to come on this morning to make my daily entry but my BIL and his g/f dropped by for a cup of tea . So the morning just past me by so swiftly. It was lovely to see them both any road. I had not realised till today how tall his g/f was on kissing her goodbye I realised that she towered above me. Not many ladies do that with standing 5ft 8" in by bare foot. Not that is really tall by today's standard as I know each generation since the war has got taller.

I haven't much news to tell my end today so I will prompt go to answering each of the posts.

VALDINE So nice to hear from you and what has been going on in your life at the moment. I notice that we much have posted just about the same time on Sunday. I see by your last post you are so close to hitting the 1000th post here on 3fc. It is surprising how they mount up over the months each post you make.

I suppose I am like your parents in a way our dog Rizzie is like my baby I never had. I do try to stop myself from being to soppy with him and remember he is a dog. Though it is so hard when his big brown eye just look at you they melt your heart. So I can understand how they are with him. Dog's are so clever at knowing the sounds of like car engines and know that represents you for example. I know our dog knows the sound of our car. Also he knows where he is going on Friday when I visit my parents as he is so excited on the journey. When normally he is as quiet as a mouse.

Gosh a few changes in your life at present so you sound busy and full on. I hope working in Minnesota goes well. Your friend sound a wonderful lady to do a bike ride in your honour to raise funds for MS. Yes keeping touch by skype etc is not the same as you say. So I bet when you meet up again you will have a wonderful time together.

I am very pleased that you have met a new man in your life. I am sure it is a fun and exciting time in your life at present. Like Rosebud said when you take the steps to meet in person doing so in a public place might be a wise move. Hey I must be a mother hen like Rosebud it must be catching I can understand your fears about him knowing of your MS or political believes etc that you have on facebook. ( I have just joined this myself so still learning the ropes on this) If he is loving man then these things will not matter as they make you who you are and they love you for being you. I know I was diagnosed with MS very shortly after we started going out and I thought he might go running but I have a wonderful DH who stood by me through thick and thin.

Has it turned out you found out that he has grown up with a father who has health issues of his own. This I am sure will make him view things differently to others not in his position. Like you I thought I was going to be single forever. Then when I least expected it my DH came into my life. The best thing was I had known him for years prior to our relationship. I think Rosebud can relate to that your man in your life comes in to your life when your not expecting it to happen.

I know that your appetite has decreased with all the events in your life at the minute. One thing I can suggest is what you do manage to eat make sure it is good calories with as much protein as you can whether that be vegetable or animal based. I know it is hard when your appetite goes for a Burton. I am prone to that when my tummy is playing up and then all I want is the sweet sugary stuff which got me into the 300lb mark in the first place.

ROSEBUD To think I had no PC knowledge until 11 years ago. I did not use computers at work or school/college. It was my DH who got me interested in using them first just to play a game. Then on to bigger things like reformat due to nephew studying IT. My DH is much better than I as he can put components in a PC like memory or hard drive.

We had chicken soup yesterday for Sunday tea DH said it was that nice he could eat it again (though he didn't) We had some fresh fruit salad for tea also with the mock banana ice cream. It has been a long time since I made the mock banana ice cream so I forgot how nice it is. Not to mention how like ice cream it actually is.

Just packed up a lunch for tomorrow to take to the MS centre wow it does come round quick does not seem five minutes since I was there last. I have done a sandwich, yogurt and an apple. Then tomorrow evening at tea we will have a chicken dinner.

Off I must go I need to bath Rizzie's ear not that he is going to be too enthralled by this especially as DH bathed him this morning after he was smelling like a barn yard.

Bye and take care ladies have a great Monday everyone.

purpleorc
Old 07-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #40  
MSer living healthy

VALDINE

on posting 1000 posts just noticed as I posted my entry

purpleorc
Old 07-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #41  
Rosebud

HI MEOWEE ~ it was nice to see you posting in the DIABETES section today. We are glad that you are well enuff to come by and post again and read and catch up on things here at 3FC's. Take good care of yourself; ^PRAYERS^ are continuing that your health will be restored fully ...
Old 07-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #42  
Rosebud

CONGRATULATIONS VAL ~ glad for you that you reached 1000 + posts here on 3FC's!!!

PS ~ When you mentioned that, I noticed that I have over 2000 + posts here; I had not idea I yakked that much ...
Old 07-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #43  
Rosebud

HEY PURPLE ~ (and any other lurkers out there) You know, I have noticed that's lots of ladies that come here are very tall. I think 5' 8" is tall, so if your BIL's GF is taller than you, then she is very tall. I'm a shorty, and none to pleased about it, but I guess both ways have their advantages and disadvantages, though reaching for things is one of the most noticeable issues for me.

Yes, our NIKO knows the sound of our car and runs to the door as soon as he hears it, becuz he knows that means that DH is home. He has a keen sense of hearing and smell. Sometimes, he notices other vehicle sounds and runs to the front door, but then doesn't recognize the vehicle. I think that is becuz we live on a major thoroughway and it's busy most of the time, esp on weekends and during good weather in the summertime (a lot of campers and trucks go by here).

Gee, I wish my tummy would go for a BURTON, as you call it; it only does that when I'm very busy, like when I come on here. Your mock banana ice cream sounds good; must try that sometime soon.

HI AGAIN VAL ~ I do agree with Purple that often your spouse will show up when you least expect it; that is what happened to me. I met DH at 28 y/o and we got married when I was 30 y/o. Honestly, I didn't think I would ever get married and was OK with that; then that is when he showed up out of the blue. I met him at his job first, then later my brother was working with him, and my DB introduced DH to me.

I agree that a good man and a caring man will actually love you as you are and not even mind helping and supporting you. Many men like to feel wanted and needed (and women too). Sounds like this fella already knows what it is like to be with and love someone who has health issues.

Have you had any problems using FACEBOOK, becuz I joined there a long time ago and one day when I was in there just reading a message sent to me, and a TROJAN DOWNLOADER VIRUS was downloaded from that site into my PC. I wrote to them and complained but they never answered me about it. Luckily, my virus program detected it right away, told me about it, and then got rid of it (actually quarantined it for me). I didn't go back there, but if you think it is safe to go there, it may be a good place to put my pics becuz I have too much trouble getting them on here.

DH picked up some new wood today; so he hopes to go up to the lot this week and put in some more crossbraces. We may go extra early to get a good start before it gets too hot, and then just come home earlier too.

Well, it's time for my tea and to put my legs up again; maybe do a puzzle tonight as I haven't done one for a couple of days. I seem to fall asleep very quickly these days, but that is a good thing. Take good care ladies and do have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY TOMORROW!!!

ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-20-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #44  
MSer living healthy

Hi Fellow chicks

What a miserable day in the UK it is raining cats and dogs most of the day. Where is our summer going

Cracked on with the laundry last night only got the towels left to do now plus that horrid ironing My flurry of activity last night must have made me tired as I went to bed early and slept well. Though as per normal for a Tuesday I don't want to get up at 6.30am.

Had a healthy hearty breakfast of porridge which kept me filled. Then a sandwich, apple and yogurt for dinner. So a good clean eating today. I have just made a sugar free dessert I bought this off the INTERNET a while back. All you do is add 115mls of water and whisk. I have the chocolate and banana flavour. They are high in protein as well so in practise should fill us for longer. If you use more water you can make a milk shake, or pudding (which is like the consistency of custard) or make a moose by adding water and egg. So pretty versatile and they pan in at 90 per portion.

ROSEBUD Just returned from my weekly therapy I forgot to pay so it is niggling me as I hate to owe for anything. I don't like forgetting to pay my fee so it is double next week.

Talking of MS I have been roped in with my DH on Saturday to go fund raising at a local supermarket. We are on the 2 hour slot from 3 till 5 all we have to do is hold a tin to put money in. Not to mention to thank anyone who cares to donate. We are in this local supermarket (namely Morrison's one of the 4 biggest supermarkets in the UK) they have kindly allowed us 3 days of fund raising at this shop. Slots are broke down into 2 hour slots and you pop your name besides the time that is good for you.

I like yourself kind of resigned myself at not finding Mr Right especially with a weight issue. Though my DH started dating me when I was not quite at my heaviest but getting there swiftly. He saw past that and it was ME he was interested in not the way I looked. Whatever I have undertook he has supported me 100% and been my rock over the rough patches life throws at you.

I personally have had no issues with facebook regarding Trojan horses. I have the Avast INTERNET security on my PC and it has not detected anything. There seems to be millions of user on there and groups for all sorts of things that may interest you. There are games as well if you like that side of things. Excellent way to get photographs up for the family to see. DH brother has quite a few from his childhood up there. So for the first time I saw a picture of my DH as a youngster. Has he hit his teen age years he didn't spent much time in the family home but in children's home's, Why, I think the top and bottom of it he and his dad did not see eye to eye. Plus a bucketful of raging hormones thrown in for good measure was not a great mix. He kept running away from home. So for his own safety they placed him in care. So there are few family photographs with DH only as a wee boy.

I will close as I have a few jobs I want to tackle before tea. Then it is on-wards and up-wards with tea. Gosh all go on a Tuesday it is so busy I do not know where the time goes to.

purpleorc

Old 07-21-2009, 10:12 PM   #45  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ another scorcher today ... good thing that we got up xtra-early for an early start today, but as it got hotter and hotter, we decided to come home earlier too. DH was happy with his progress, but he had to take a lot of water and rest breaks becuz of the heat today. We will stay home and gather up supplies for the next time, as he ran out of nails too.

We will pick everything up and then wait til the next good day (not so hot day); and go out then. He is happy that he will have half of the floor braces done next time; so I think it may take all of August to get it totally ready for the flooring material, but we are A-OK on our schedule. I would prefer not to put the flooring down til next spring, but he wants to put it down in the fall and cover it up, so we'll see what happens then.

I planted about half my flower bulbs that I picked up; I'm not sure if any will grow but we'll see. I need to pick up some bags of good black topsoil to put on top of them for the next time we go out there. We had a good day, but I only got one short walk in today; maybe next time, I can do more as my feet were a bit sore today.

We had hamburglers for dinner and quite late as DH fell asleep for a few hours after we got home. Boy, the heat can sure make you feel exhausted, can't it? We have all the windows and doors open trying to cool this place down; it was 88F in here.

PURPLE ~ good for you that you are able to help with the MS fund raising; a couple hours isn't too bad, is it? Esp if you can sit there while people donate; we don't see that much here, but I guess they do have fundraisers somewhere. I think they have walkathons and runathons here for MS a lot, like VAL's friend did on her behalf.

You bought some pudding over the internet; we can buy no sugar-added pudding here in the dairy case. I get them for me (they are about 60 calories each and made by JELLO BRAND). We buy the regular chocolate puddings for DH and they are much cheaper. I am not sure why puddings that have no sugar cost so much more than those that have sugar, but they do; unless, they are using artificial sweeteners as they are more expensive than sugar.

I splurge and buy these special puddings even though they cost more, but I eat them only on occasion. My l/f and l/s yogurts have only 35 calories in them too, so I am all set. Some of DH's pudding have only 90-120 calories depending on the flavor. I found a really nice lemon-merinque one for 120 calories. I used to be able to get one lemon one for only 90 calories but they don't carry it anymore, just the lemon-meringue one which is quite nice, I must say (and it's not too sweet either, like I suspected it may be).

You can also get fruit cups, jello cups, and apple sauce cups here which are quite handy for our picnic lunches. We sure are spoiling ourselves these days, but we deserve to eat healthy too. Your protein puddings do sound good though, so I can't blame you for wanting to try them; and they sound very versatile as well.

Thanks for the tips about FACEBOOK; I know that seemingly millions of people go there, so I'm sure whatever the problem was, has likely been fixed up by now. Sometime, I'll take a mosey over there for a see-see.

Well, that's all the news from here from now; think I'll catch up on some more laundry on the next cool or rainy day (not until Thursday or Friday, they say). I go by the weather now too; I cook soup or hot meals or do laundry only on those days. On hot days, we do different things and eat meals that don't take much cooking, if any.

Take good care ladies and we hope you have A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!! ROSEBUD
Closed Thread