Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #61  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi ladies

Has remained a cloudy day today though we did get a few spots of rain just as I was putting the bin out for collection tomorrow.

I feel a wee bit better today so prayers must have had some effect upon my health. I have done the bare minimum today really. I had already a plated meal to reheat my version of a ready meal. Though far healthier I am sure. I did make 4 little sugar free jellies. I had saved some yoghurt pots from a yoghurt's that I think were either 150g or 200g. So a little bit bigger than some. The pots are rather sturdy so are good to save to make your own yummy desserts in. I am going to take a sugar free jelly and a framage frais yoghurt to the ms centre tomorrow (yoghurt 60 odd calories depending on which flavour). The other jellies that are left I will have them Wednesday.

On Wednesday it is D-day for DH this standing for dentist day He is going to have his teeth extracted this day. Lets hope this is an end to all his troubles. I know he has suffered even though he doesn't always say.

DH sister yesterday did a charity walk called walk for life which is to raise funds for the cancer research charity. My SIL and her friend both completed the walk and more importantly raised funds for this charity. Phoned her today to speak to her. She is feeling it a little today more over the fact she tried to do it at break neck speed to beat a neighbour down the road

Well I will give you an update on our Rizzie, well visited the vet today. The vet drained his ear by sticking a needle into it. It made him squeal poor thing but all over in 30 seconds. Though DH had to hold him tight and I talked to him to sooth him. The vet had drained I think something like 10 ml which is equivalent to two teaspoons. She said it was good it was in one pocket and it was small. The vet made a big fuss of him afterwards and really Rizzie lapped all that up. Prior to going in Rizzie was making that much noise in the waiting room, I think this is as he has a good memory and knows what vets do So DH took him outside the vets when he had proceeded to howl in the waiting room. It is really embarrassing when your dog is like that. Well at least he did not do what one other dog did as he entered the vets whilst his owner was at the reception booking him in. That little doggie decided to cock his leg up at the counter For the next few days several times a day I have got to squeeze his ear this is to ensure that the ear tissue bonds back together as at the moment it has separated. Not looking forward to doing this as it will be painful for him but if it stops him going under the knife then it will be worth it. Must admit he must feel lots better as tonight I made him some scrabbled egg (no seasoning like salt or pepper) mixed it with his dog biscuits. Wow ate virtually the lot in one go, though he must be hungry and this his third day with very little food inside of him. No doubt he just did not feel like eating as he was poorly. Never though he would eat the lot nearly especially as I had made it from 8, yes eight eggs. I know once my vet told me a light diet was either plain chicken or scrabbled egg. No chicken here so scrabbled egg where on the menu. If this treatment does not work then Rizzie has got to have an operation which is more risky obviously in an older dog.

Well I think that is all the news my end of the world. Though firstly a big ty goes to ROSEBUD for keeping the thread alive and healthy. So time to wind down for the evening as I will be having an early night due to treatment tomorrow.

purpleorc
Old 06-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #62  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Purple-sure hope you and Rizzie are both feeling better and your treatment goes well tomorrow. Will also be praying for your DH and the dentist later this week.

Rosebud-am hoping you get cooled down soon. Our temps got up in the 90's today, so we did go to the pool this afternoon after getting our chores and errands done. It was very crowded, as everyone else had the same idea! It is very hard to do anything when it gets so hot, so I have to do any gardening or lawn work in the early morning.

Val-I'm sure it's nice to have your family visiting! We're going to see my dad, aunt and cousins later this week for a few days-they live in SE Indiana, about 10 hours away from us-so we're all excited to get away from the stress and have some r & r. My sis is a runner (and very thin, of course), even with her MS. She has done several marathons and just loves to run. Unfortunately, I didn't get that gene Enjoy it and take care of yourself!

Meowee-sure hope you're feeling better!

Spending most of my time getting ready for our trip, as well as altering some cheap capris and pants I got at garage sales and making them into shorts for this hot weather. Had to get more thread today, as I never, ever have the color I need when I do any sewing Well, hope you all have a great Tuesday and rest of the week if I don't get a chance to come back here!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:57 PM   #63  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ well, we had another scorcher again today. Would you believe 110F in Northern Ontario, Canada? I have never heard of such a thing. That is what the temps were when I went to MEXICO when I was just 16 y/o. LOL. It was 90F inside today -- really suffocating. Although, I prayed for some clouds and a breeze and sure enuff, there was whispy and puffy clouds all day and a mild breeze. Oh my, what would the temps have been without them? I do not want to know ...

We had the A/C on and it could only get the livingroom down to 86F and the kitchen 82-83F, but by dinner time ... forget it. The heat in here was hotter than outside by 8 pm, so we opened up all the windows. DH did go get 2 of those fans on a stand, and we have one in the livingroom window right now trying to bring the cool air in; and hey, I think it's actually starting to work.

We just had a sandwich for dinner as it was way too hot too cook. I just had a toasted tomato with those nice flavorful ones that tastes like field homegrown tomatoes. Around 9 pm, I had 1/2 cup Yogurt Ice Cream (only 2 grams of fat); really tastes just like ice cream though.

PURPLE ~ I admire how energetic you are even when you are tired. Today, I didn't do anything but meals & dishes and I changed the bed linens to a much lighter set. DH went to the old farm and picked up some more of our wood. Oh, we had a nice surprise this morning ... my uncle G came by and told us not to buy any windows for our cottage and that he had enuff to do the whole place (and they are good ones too).

I think I might have been mistaken; my Dad and SM might be coming this week; would you believe -- it was so hot in here, and now I forget if he said this week or next? My brother also called this morning; was nice to hear from him; and he had to have 3 more teeth pulled today too. Seems the time for teeth pulling this month ...

Glad RIZZIE is feeling a bit better; that must have been a relief to him to get his ear drained. Our NIKO's ear healed up very quickly but there is a tiny scar there as a reminder. He doesn't like this hot weather; sometimes he goes behind the sofa/couch -- I guess he finds it cooler there.

Hope you feel well in the AM and get to your therapy session tomorrow for a much-needed boost to your system. It is supposed to get slightly cooler as the week goes by; oh, I'm so very glad.

RONNI ~ glad you got some swimming in; maybe DH and I need to find a secret swimming hole to dip into this summer. Like you say, many places are so popular that they are crowded and anything but private. Yes, I agree .... do any outside work in the AM; that's what we do too. We planted some onion sets and flower bulbs on the weekend; we are a bit late, but they will come up eventually.

HI to MEOWEE, and VAL, and NUMPSTER and her DH ... hey, where are you guys? Gone on a holiday or what? The whole family is asking me ...

WEll, that's all for now, I want to put my legs up for a while before hitting the hay. Maybe do a puzzle too. Take good care ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-22-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #64  
MSer living healthy

Hi ladies

It has been a gloriously sunny day here in the UK. This meant we could not take Rizzie with us to the centre (well he waits in the car and then I come out to him and let him have a little walk) as I had hoped but the weather being so warm the poor dog would have been cooked.

Did the treatment yesterday as the vet had said to unite the ear back together. Unfortunately on getting up this morning not good news the ear had filled up with blood again. Not as much admittedly but enough not too be right. Contacted the vets today and he is booked into surgery on Thursday. So no food from 6pm tomorrow night till it is all over with. The operation only costs £150 yesterdays treatment was £21. So working out rather expensive. One little blessing is that he is insured and most of the bill will be paid by them. We have to find the first £60 and there after the insurance company takes up the tab.

Today had my oxygen therapy so tired today as per normal from tomorrow I should start to feel the benefits. Spoke briefly to two newcomers today who started there oxygen therapy yesterday. They will start at the smallest pressure and work the way down the pressures. During this time you are suppose to keep a little note of how you feel on certain pressures. This in turn will help you make the final decision when it comes to having treatment weekly you will have some idea which pressure works best for your body. The gentleman said already after only one treatment he had noticed the difference in his walking and energy levels both positive I might add. So it looks promising that it will proof beneficial for him his girlfriend had not found this. Though I told her this is OK as I did not feel anything until I had done about 4 or 5 dives. In the beginning they recommend that you have your dives close together as possible and start at 16 , then progress to 24 and then 33. I think it is foot the measurement, I have 33 foot dive.

Tonight I and out going to play cards very shortly this is the night we give a lift to an elderly lady. I know how important going out is too her and she really looks forward to her evening of cards every week. The last time DH and I played was on Friday. It won a prize as I had some good cards that night or if I didn't my partners pulled me out of the proverbial quagmire. I won a little sum of money at this whist drive. Any money we win we always put in the saving fund. It is surprising how it builds up overtime plus we put our small coinage in frequently. We have quite of bit of small coinage in the UK. We have the 1p (p standing for penny or pence)2p, 5p, 10p, 20p. We have other coins as well which are the 50p and the £1. So if you don't watch out you can end up with a pocket or purse full of change.

I am watching on television a series on the BBC about 4 women whom commit a robbery by double crossing one of the woman's husbands. They went on the run and have found a sleepy hollow in a village in Scotland. It is a fictional place name but one thing I love the stunning views of the beautiful countryside. There is other plots going on at the same time so lots to keep you interested in. Initially it reminded me of a book that was turned into a tv series called widows by Linda La Plante (not really sure of spelling). I like to have a murder mystery who done it time of programmes that keep you guessing. There is an actress well know for her role in one foot in the grave her name is Annette Crossby. She is a brilliant actress and able to pull off this character who is one over the 8 most evening. You would really believe she is absolutely drunk as a skunk. Anyway I will not spoil any of the plot for you in case Canadian TV or US TV have purchased the show.

I really must get my rear end in to gear else I will not be ready to go out and I can't possibly have my DH waiting for me otherwise I will never live it down You can guarantee it is normally me waiting for my DH.

Take care now and catch up with you soon

purpleorc
Old 06-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #65  
Rosebud

PURPLE ~ glad you made it to your oxygen treatment today, but sorry to hear that RIZZIE's ear is acting up again requiring surgery; but hope that will fix the problem for good. Maybe he broke a blood vessel that can't seem to heal; poor thing. Hope you all had a fun night playing cards; that's so nice of you to take your lady friend to the games.

Well, we had another scorcher today; except the daytime was nice. Sadly the clouds moved on and so did the breeze and it was roasting and so humid in hear from mid-afternoon until now. The temps are still 86F in here tonight, but we did find a solution for part of our problem. We decided to put the new A/C in our master bedroom as it is smaller than the kitchen and living areas, so it is working like a charm. DH had no problem putting the adapter in that window and right away the temps dopped down from 90F to 80F and I'd bet it has fallen even further. DH has gone to bed and so welcomed the cooler room.

I just came in here for a quick note and then I'm off to bed early as this humidity makes it hard for me to breathe. I even took a shower but the good effects only lasted a few minutes, it seems. I sure hope this is not a sign of what kind of summer we are going to have this year; I may want to run away ... LOL ... oh, but to where? That was once one of our advantages living in the north -- the weather was cooler; but not this week.

Anyhow, gotta go, but hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow. I can just start to feel a light breeze trying to come in the front window; I have been praying hard. Take good care ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-23-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #66  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ it's another scorcher here today; but prayers were answered for relief. During dinner, a nice mini-storm passed through and cooled things down for us ... aaahhhhhhhhhhhh....

DAD & Gracie are up now; they arrived today and dropped by for coffee. Grace is looking pretty good I think, albeit a bit slower when she walks. They will stay for a short visit and then continue on out east to visit friends. Nice to see her in good spirits and they both looked good overall.

Not much to report; just did general tidying in this hot weather; we brought in chicken for dinner (just had chicken and salad); keepin' it light tonight in this terrible heat. Drinkin' lots of cold water and that sure fills you up fast. I think I might start drinking some water before my lunch and dinner and see if that helps fill me up too (I'm gonna start with 1 cup cold water).

Had to unplug my computer during the storm, but snuck on now that things have quieted down. Take good care ladies, and do keep cool ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-24-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #67  
MSer living healthy

Hi ladies

I am doing a quick drop by as I have a spare minute. Ty Rosebud for keeping the thread going yesterday in my absence. I was busy yesterday doing the grocery shopping, then in the afternoon DH had his tooth out. Then had to go back to the dentist as I had forgot my handbag there

DH mouth is sore and I think he is feeling it more today than yesterday. Plus his IBS is playing up today. Maybe due to worrying about the dentist and the forthcoming operation of Rizzie. So had taken medication for both ailments which is very rare for DH to take anything. It is like trying to get blood out of a stone to get him to take a pill in fact I think that would be easier

Talking of Rizzie he had his operation today and has pulled through. He was given an antibiotic injection and pain killers for today. Then tomorrow I have to start giving him some medication for more pain relief.

He is feeling sorry for himself and took him a good hour to settle down he was up and down like a cat on a hot tin roof. He was given a collar to wear but this just upset him more. So I am now observing him every where he goes and then the collar will have to go on at bedtime as I can't see what mischief he might get up to. I have taken a couple of photographs to let you see what it looks like with about 12 stitches in poor thing. There is a hole left to let it drain and not fill up again.

Just heating up some soup I made yesterday I have got cabbage as we both like that one. Plus needing a soft diet with DH having an extraction. At dinner I did chicken and rice with a low fat soup as dressing very nice. Then we had some stewed apples for dessert.

So now i have two invalids in the home now . Which will be keeping me out of trouble for the next day or so. time to run the soup is now done. Till next time ladies take care

purpleorc

Old 06-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #68  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well we had a lovely day today; started out with sunshine and some clouds with a lovely breeze. Later on in the day it started to get hot (about 90F) but then some nice clouds brought some coolin' rain in with a cool breeze and we have been feeling great all night. Thank you GOD! Prayers answered ...

HI PURPLE ~ wow, those are big pictures of RIZZIE's ears; oh, poor thing, sure had lots of stitches in that one ear. I bet he feels out of sorts; probably not sure what is going on with his ear. They often feel that they have done something wrong when they haven't. Prayers that it all heals up quickly for him. to RIZZIE.

Boy, you do have your hands full, don't you? Hope DH is feeling alright, but only one tooth at a time isn't too bad. I faintly recall my last extraction, and it healed pretty fast for me. I have one filling that fell out in the spring and I have to find a dentist to go to and we only have two here and things didn't go too well for me at either place last time I went there. I'm a bit miffed about where to go now. I may choose to go outside of town yet; and I can only wait so long, as I was waiting for better weather before deciding where to go.

I had steak with mushrooms & onions & kniblets corn for dinner with a bit of minced coleslaw and DH had a hamburger. I cooked some new potatoes at noon for our lunch and put some away in the fridge to heat up later in the week if it gets too hot. From now on, we have decided that if it is going to be very hot that we are going to switch meals (lunch and dinner) and have our cooked dinner at noon instead; then have something cold and light later in the day. We did this a few times this week and that helped a lot.

Well, DH has a busy day planned for tomorrow, so I will stay home with NIKO and get some laundry caught up and do some light chores for the day. We should have a nice cool sleep tonight.

PS ~ I heard from my sister NUMPSTER this week and she is going very well; she has lost some weight, and her diabetes, blood pressure, and cholesterol are all back in the normal range. She has been working hard, and doing very well. She and her DH just came back from an awesome posh weekend in NIAGARA FALLS; and they had a great time there.

to MEOWEE, and TGIF -- VAL, and RONNI, and NUMPSTER & her DH ~ hope you all are having a great week, and a FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow!

ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-25-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:07 AM   #69  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we had gorgeous weather today; almost perfect (73F with a nice breeze and lots of clouds to keep the sun from getting too hot), I would say. It's supposed to be nicer like this for the next few days to a week.

DH went and picked up some more wood and brought home our tools, then cut some grass (just our small front yard). We have some more pretty flowers blooming in our front yard -- pretty yellow snapdragons. We had a few daffodils but with lack of rain, they died pretty fast; so DH and I are trying to help them along inbetween rains now. We did plant some yellow and orange/red Gladiolas on the south/west garden as well; hopefully they'll come up for years. I am going to look for other kinds of perennial bulbs to plant too.

Well, I ate well today (I switched and had a pasta salad for lunch; and a cupasoup with a whole grain corned beef sandwich for dinner). I also tried to do a bit of walking; and had to lug out our two garbage cans as it was G-day (and DH forgot), and I managed to carry them all the way (albeit one at a time), so my hand weights are giving me some strength in my arms after all.

DH and I were so tired that we both fell asleep right after dinner, so I woke up at just after 1:30 AM. Realized that I hadn't posted today; so came in for awhile; guess I should mozy on back to bed soon. Take good care ladies, hope you are all well ... ROSEBUD
Old 06-27-2009, 07:41 AM   #70  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

Today is a very grey and overcast a complete opposite to yesterdays sunny day. Though it is not cold so pleasant enough.

ROSEBUD I did not drop by yesterday as I had overdone it the day before on fruit and needless to say what that did with me I can be like a kid in a sweet shop where fruit is concerned and I have a sweet tooth so substitute sugary confectionery for fruit. Just sometimes I do not know when to stop so suffer the consequences. You would think I would know better but I still do it. I think with Rizzie's and the worry on that front I munched mindlessly through the fruit instead of going off the rails as I would have done in the past.

I still use food as a coping mechanism if I am not very mindful, I wish this would be a cycle I could break away from. Though I suppose a life times habits are not going to go over night. It takes times to learn new strategies as I learnt with the journey of giving up cigarettes.

Like you say I think Rizzie's is baffled as to what is going on and can not piece it together. During the day he has no collar on so he does not knock me over as he has a bull in a china shop attitude. He does not care he can not fit through that space he just keeps pushing his way through. When he is a dog of of 44lbs which is very muscular they certainly do have some strength. So now Rizzie is on "suicide watch" a term from nursing where someone is watch every minute of the day for fear what they may do. In his case scratch his ear, so far no problems in that area. Last time we took the collar off and did the same thing. Like you said a lot of stitches not that you can see what they have done from that side of his ear. The other is the incision which has been kept open by those stitches for it to drain and keep it from filling up again.

DH is feeling better though very self conscious that he has a gap in his teeth until the false plate is made to cover this. For some reason I think though it is the fact the infection is now out, he has been very tired and sleepy. He is taking a nap as I write this on the sofa. Rizzie's curled up in his chair so I have a matching pair

I see you have switch your meals around a bit this week and it has help. I try to have mind that way round. So that you eat lighter toward the end of the day. Though the heavier meal is earlier at noonish we give ourselves more time to burn the calories off from it. I am glad it seems to be working for you and your DH for a different reason the hot days your experiencing.

Good news about your sister Numpster that she has lost a wee bit more weight. Thus as a result her other health issues have fallen back into normal range which must be wonderful. It just goes to show that life style changes can bring rewards. I was very lucky that my weight had not brought about other health issues but there for the grace of god go I. It was only a matter of time before they were effected big time. I know that if I had continued the way I was I would be in a wheelchair sooner that was necessary. My mobility was rapidly dwindling away from me and that was the big kick up the behind that I needed.

The past few days there has been a programme on showing what homelessness is really like. 5 well know people went to live in the streets with nothing with that the clothes they stood up in and a sleeping bag. The stars were given clothes to wear to help them blend in. It is surprised that only one person was recognised in the streets. It shows how anonymous you become when your homeless. They lived on their own for 3 nights and 3 nights with another homeless person. The last 3 were spent in a hostel for homeless people. With the economic climate as it is the potential for more homeless people than ever. It certainly opened my eyes up and sit up. It was very thought provoking and that is good.

No further news, plus trying to cook and type at the same time. Typical woman mulititasking lets hope I don't burn the dinner So bye for now till next time

purpleorc
Old 06-28-2009, 12:48 AM   #71  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ hope you all are having a great weekend. We had a cooler morning but it did get hotter than they expected this afternoon; but thankfully, by evening clouds rolled in and saved the day, cooling things off for us.

DH did some more of the crossbraces on our lot for a little while, but then the heat was too much, so he came home early. I told him to just do stuff for a few hours (taking lots of breaks) and then come home BEFORE it gets hot from now on, as there's no hurry and his health is more important to us.

We had hamburgler's for dinner on whole grain buns; and just had a quiet evening at home tonight. Not much going on here right now, so not much to report really. I felt a bit sickly when I got up (really early) this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. It must have been my sugars acting up; either too low or high or sugar spiking; but by lunch time they were back at 5.2 which is very good, and I felt much better.

PURPLE ~ Our NIKO tends to be the same way; when him and I are going thru a door at the same time, he tends to push by me like there's no tomorrow and I say, 'what's your hurry, pal?' LOL! I must say that he is quite protective of me though and cares about me a lot; so he may just wanting to go ahead and pave the way; or maybe not?

That show about homelessness sounds interesting; I have always cared about that issue. I really hate it when I hear of someone dying becuz they were living on the street in the winter here. It's sad that in a country as big and rich as ours that everyone doesn't have a decent and affordable home to live in. The rents here are deplorable, and that makes if more difficult for low-income people.

Anyways, time to put my legs up; have been skitter hunting for the last 1/2 hour or so; got three of them that already had my blood in them, but they kept comin' after me for more ... those bloodsuckers, but I got them, in the end; and I always say to them, 'that's what you get for biting me'. Ok ... so I'm a bit weird, but DH thinks that's funny and laughs.

Have a Super Sunday, everyone ... ROSEBUD
Old 06-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #72  
Rosebud

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAL!!!

Hope you had a lovely 25th ...
That makes it a quarter of a century!
Did you do something special? I sure hope so.
Sorry, for being a bit late, but better late than never they say.
I always appreciate that people think of me anytime ...

ROSEBUD
Old 06-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #73  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

Firstly belated happy birthday to VAL Hope you had a lovely day and was able to do something nice on this special day.

This week is proving to be a busy week in our normally quiet schedule with some days having two appointments on the same day. Gosh what a hectic schedule that I would not like to have to keep up on a regular basis.

Today we have picked up our new car and gave our old one back. We had a quick hand over of vehicles and it went smoothly. Only I forgot to take the log book from the old car so have to drop that in tomorrow. The new car is a model called a Volkswagen Touran a picture of one can be seen at the bottom of this post. Our colour is that of in between gold and silver so very unusual to describe to people.

This afternoon we are off to the vets for a check up after the operation to see that everything is going smoothly. Has far as we are concerned everything is fine so hopefully the vet is happy too. Today I have had to fill out the insurance claim form and have to hand that into the vet for them to fill out their bit.

Tomorrow I am off to hospital nothing serious just my visit to my MS clinic which happens very infrequently but nevertheless I like to keep on the books so should I have a problem at least they know who I am. Then it is on to my MS treatment of oxygen therapy.

ROSEBUD I have had to use the air conditioning unit several times over the pass few days. Even though it has been cloudy it has been very humid which has me looking for the cooler spots to function. For the first time in 3 year we have air conditioning in our car. Our old car did not have it but it was all we could afford at the time. So the past three years we have saved hard to make sure this car had air conditioning for both our comforts.

DH went to the computer fayre yesterday to get some ink for my parents printer. I just stayed in the café and had a coffee. Found some comfy chairs and read my book. It was really busy but the car park is organised by staff plus they ensure only blue badge holders are the only ones to park in the designated disabled bays.

Dropped my repeat prescription in today to the doctors as it is that time again that I need replenishing with some of my pills and potions. It seems to come round quick that monthly trip. If it wasn't for one tablet all my others are on 2 monthly supply. Though by law they are not allowed to dispense me anymore than a month due to the fact it has paracetamol in the preparation of it. Not sure what name is give to this drug in US or Canada. Though it is a drug not know to have an antidote if you take an overdose of it. Overdose can seriously damage the liver.

Sorry to hear that you have felt nauseous despite having a good blood sugar level. Having a blood sugar level of 5.2 is good and shows that you have it under control. I hope this bouts of nausea passes never to return.

you can keep you skeeter I am fortunate not to have those where I live. Though I have been abroad where they use to dine on me regularly. I sure I had a invisible sign on my saying bite me I'm tasty They would leave my parents alone and go for me every time.

Today my sister has been to hospital for her pre operative checks. Then she goes in on the 9th of July I think for the actual spinal operation.. I know she has to have a scan as well of her spine. I hope this operation does the trick for her. Even if it only makes her pain bearable for her and manageable with drugs at worse case scenario it will make a whole lot of difference to her. It is going to be a long recovery and her DH plus eldest daughter will have to rally round to help her. DH is good in the kitchen so they won't starve I only wish I could do more to help her than I can. You feel so helpless to help her when before I would have stopped over and ran the ship so to speak until she was back on her feet.

Like you said about your health being precious so do all you can to preserve it. Many people do not realise how precious a thing it is to one and it can't be bought either. Oh it can give you access to better health care money but at the end of the day it can't by the health only try to fix the problem or manage the symptoms

Well no further news and must start to make tracks anyway as it is just about time for the vets. Good job Rizzie doesn't know he was going else he would hide. Needless to say he will embarrass us whilst he is down there making the most noise as is doggy possible he normally does when we go. Plus staffies are vocal any road round people and milk it for all it is worth. They are renown for this type of behaviour though they are very friendly socialable dog who are very loving. Not to mention great with kids.

Bye for now and take care ladies

purpleorc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VW_Touran.jpg (20.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 06-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #74  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ We had warmer weather today, but late this afternoon, a lovely breeze came and cooled things down for us. We had a downpour almost all of Sunday, so we have a new batch of skitters and noseeums out tonight; yikes ... my Dad and SM stopped by for a chat and I was bitten dozens of times. So I made a homemade remedy and put them on my bites (just very warm water with javelle in it and hold that on for a few minutes and it seems to help take the burning away).

CONGRATS PURPLE ~ on picking up your newer car; that looks like a nice one. Many people have that light silvery-gold color of cars and vans here; I like that color -- kinda reminds you of winter sunshine.

Like you, I seem to have this invisible sign on me, that says 'bite me -- I'm nice and juicy!' My SM said that they weren't biting her; so you see, they do single me out for some reason. Some say it's body heat becuz we are fluffy or perfume smells on us, but I don't know; I do know that whenever I am cooking, they smell it and come arunnin' into the kitchen.

Sent some prayers up for your sister that her surgery will go well without complications and that she will heal quickly. Hope that RIZZIE's ear is healing up good too. My sugars seem to be back in line and I'm feeling better today; only seems DH had one similar dizzy spell during dinner last night, but none since for either of us. Maybe the heat or a bug of some type, but I got him to take an aspirin, just in case.

Anyhow, can't believe how time flies by when I'm typing; I'm late getting my posts done tonight. Take good care ladies and hope you have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY ... ROSEBUD
Old 06-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #75  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ The weather was overcast when we got up so we thought it would be a good day to go shopping; they were expecting rain, but we managed to get all our shopping done just in time. Just as we pulled away to come home, the rain started and it all day on and off with a few spurts here and there. We have a really nice breeze ever since around dinner time. We also had a mini-storm but it passed through fairly quickly, but I unplugged my PC just in case and then came on tonight when it seemed like it had all stopped.

Picked up a lot of veggies and other basics as we were getting pretty low in the pantry. We made a lot of purchases last month, so it was good that we saved a bit on the groceries. So we picked up all the basics to restock once again; and we got some really good deals as well.

My Dad came by again today and stayed for a few hours yakking away. He may need DH's help again tomorrow to move a vehicle to his cottage for him, but only if SM doesn't feel up to driving tonight. They aren't staying here too long becuz they have a long trip out east and back home to go yet; I think that trip will take them about 3 weeks in total. I'm just so glad that she is feeling well enuff to take the trip at all, becuz she really wants to see her best friend once again.

I made a nice beef stir-fry stew with lots of lean beef and veggies for dinner tonight and it was quite yummy. I had some meat in the freezer that needed using up before I wanted to buy any to replace it and it worked out well.

We bought a big CANADIAN Flag Umbrella becuz July 1st is tomorrow and that's the day we celebrate our country's birthday with fireworks and stuff. I like the idea that it can be used as a flag and umbrella at the same time; double duty for your $buck$ -- if you know Canadians at all, you know that saving money is a national pastime here ...

Well that's all the news from here for now; DH has already flopped out and so had NIKO, by the looks of it. It's nice and cool in here tonight; the new stand fans we bought are worth every penny we paid for them. We got a good deal on them too; and we have been using them more than the A/C -- go figure. I told DH that is likely what would happen. So far we've only had to use the A/C 2 nights since we put it in the bedroom, but I'm glad it is there as we still have all of July and August to get thru yet.

Hope all you ladies are doing OK; feeling well and enjoying the summertime. It's time to put my legs up as I did lots of walking today while shopping. Ran into a friend while out today -- we had a good chat and did a bit of shopping together as well, and that was fun.

Take good care ladies, and hope you all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!! ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-30-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Closed Thread