Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #184

Hello again.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:31 AM   #2  

Thanks, Anne.
Nice quiet day yesterday-church and eating out.
Tenant came over -I was hoping she was waiting til Sat but she's coming Friday-sure she has to get out of her other place. My gf is coming this morning.
Gotta get dressed. Bye for now. Mima
Old 04-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #3  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody.. This will be short.. Got to go to W/M I think that is my second home.. I wanted to buy some fabric a couple days ago. Not a sight of a clerk.. I am sure they wouldn't want me to cut my own.. I'll try again today..
Back Later...Joanne
Old 04-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good afternoon all. Only down 1/2 pound this month but I am sure it is because I have been eating more than usual. I will definitely have to get back in gear to drop at least 5 pounds this month. Had to have another blood test for my potassium after I left the doctor's office. He will call me with the results later today. Did some errands, came home and ate lunch and now I have to take the Queen for a quickie. Hate to say it, but I am feeling very tired today. I really feel like taking a nap.....but I know as soon as I lay down, the phone will start to ring! Oh well, will try it anyhow! Thanks for starting another thread Anne. Hope all is well with everyone. Very hot and windy here today. No rain in sight and we are having wildfires everywhere. Keep praying for rain for us, ladies! We desperately need it down here. Will check back later. Must be the Monday blahs today....
Old 04-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #5  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

Hello. ^_^ I was previously on this site because I need to lose weight. Now I have the issue of losing weight with fibromyalgia. I was just diagnosed last Thursday. I'm 18 years old 5'5" and 200lbs. After reading about fibromyalgia and talking with others that have it I'm going to try and maintain a diet of organic food and really try to cut out the things I usually eat that aren't good for me. I've been trying not to eat high fructose corn syrup or any other bad chemicals. I didn't drink diet soda for about a day and a half to two days but my body had a withdrawal and I had a huge headache and was nauseous and unable to eat. I allowed myself one soda that day, but I'm going to try and drink one soda every other day for a week or two, and then cut it down to half a soda until I can just force it out of my diet. Anyways if any of you have any tips for me I'd really appreciate it because I am pretty new at actually knowing why I'm hurting.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #6  

Hello! Once again I apologize for being gone for so long. Tim told me today that I have just been way too busy for my own good, and he thinks I need to cut back. He might be right. I'm on an Emmaus Team this coming weekend, so I can't cut back until after that though.

Anne, thanks for starting the new thread.

Mima, we had church and Tim surprised me afterwards by going to Godfather's Pizza! It was soooooooooooo good. We don't have one near here, so he knew it was going to be a beautiful day for a drive, so we did! It was about an hour to get there, but it was so worth it.

Joanne, our WM doesn't carry fabric anymore. I know that has upset some people.

Kate, did you hear from the doctor about the test results?

migo, welcome! When I was first diagnosed, I did lots of research on the web. WebMD is a good place for information. Did your doctor put you on any meds? I know some people have luck with some medicines and others don't have any luck with some of them. I take Relafen twice a day, and sometimes at night I take Flexeril. If you can get somewhere for water aerobics, it is a good way to get moving without hurting too much. My son and I were talking today about how far I have come since I was diagnosed the summer of 2004. He reminded me of how he and my husband would have to help me in and out of bed, chairs, cars, etc. I've come a long way. I still hurt many days, and I always seem to be tired, but it's so different now.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #7  

Hey everybody. Sorry about being MIA. I took a few days off from the computers ... they drive me nuts when they're not working right. I told hubby last night if we don't get them cleaned up soon I'm throwing them both out!

Daughter had galbladder surgery this morning so I got up at 4:30 after just 4 hrs. of sleep and got to the hospital at 6 ... left at 2 and picked up g-son. Fed him, came home & did a few things then picked up g-daughter at 4:30 and took them to son's house for the rest of the evening. I went over to her house Sat. morning at 10 and cleaned & did laundry all day long ... didn't get home until 9 pm. She broke her foot and hasn't been able to do anything for weeks. Will be a busy week but then, what else is new!

Hope everyone else is doing well ... Joann, hope your shoulder is better.

I have Protein S deficiency and am prone to blood clots, too. But I have taken premarin for years ... couldn't make it without it. I tried to get off it a couple of times but I guess my body just isn't ready yet.

Welcome migo. The best advise I can give you is "One Day At A Time." On really bad days, cut yourself some slack. Others are not going to understand what fibro is and what it DOES ... so cut them some slack, too. One day you don't feel too bad, the next you feel like you have a terrible case of flu so others may think you are 'faking' sometimes. Heck, sometimes I, myself, think I'm losing my mind! (not far to go there!) Don't worry about it ... just learn to live with it as 'normally' as you can and don't ever give up on your life. Keep things around you that you love and do things you love to do. Many people sit down and just give up because of the pain. I almost did that back about 25-30 years ago. I have both kinds of arthritis, fibro and anemia. I decided I was going to have a joyfilled life and I wasn't going to let a nonfatal disease stop me. Some days, I go on pain pills all day just to be able to do something I really want to do ... then I take the next day off!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:53 AM   #8  

Well you make me think I should not stop taking it...why the heck do most of the docs say it is bad for you....that study in 2001 was flawed and only done on certain meds.

I get my endoscopy done WEd morn so can't eat after midnight tonight....hope maybe I can fall asleep early.....(not likely) I always want food when I know I can't have it!

MIGO.....the advice the girls have given you is great! I started out in water exercise and because there is no gravitity in the pool most of your pain is gone while in the water....but I had to have very warm water or I got chilled. Then I had a problem with the clorine..so do water anymore but use a treadmill at home and a peddel thingy. Make sure you get plenty of restful sleep..may need meds for that. Sleep helps me alot!!!!!!!!!

Mima...sounds like your home is coming around. Why is the upstairs cold? and why did you try to cook your pills LOL

Happy....hope that toe gets better...maybe your orthotics need adjusted????

Kate....we are having lots of rain...my grass seed is coming up Hope your hubby gets his rear in gear! I thinbk you ares doing fine...slow loss is good.

Tammy...a nice drive and pizza..wow you hit the jackpot!

Joanne....Our dh's do not seem to care to eat healthy....they just eat! Did you find some material and someone to cut it?

Meme....hope your daughter heals quickly....so nice of you to help her out! But you are always helping someone out
Old 04-28-2009, 07:27 AM   #9  

Good morning. My friend Betty came over-she actually was the only one who asked to help-except for my kids who are far away and busy. We washed down the kitchen, went to SA where I lied to the lady and said I didn't have anything breakable and heard a crashing sound from one of the bags. I will know next time. Then I took her to lunch.
Attacking the den today, It's going to be 89 today and then cool off . The upstairs is actually hot=our apt downstairs is cool-And I put stuff on the stove and put on the wrong burner.
I miss pizza, Tammy but someday i will buy some with rice crust. And non dairy cheese. i could make my own .
Hope your daughter gets better quickly.Meme.
Do you have a Joann's , Joanne?? That's funny!! I got my quilt material there.
We put the jelly cabinet in the kitchen-it makes it narrow but it hides things.
Gotta go -Mima
Kate, when I take a nap everyday. I close the bedroom door so I can't hear the phone.Try it-you will rest better.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone! A quick post for me as I want to get a day for myself and go shopping. Need to pick out a new table decoration for the diningroom. We have a Home Goods store here and I need to look and see what they have. Doctor called this morning and my potassium is back to normal. He thinks the blood test may have been compromised which does happen if they leave the tourniquet on too long looking for a vein. In any event, I can start taking the Sytrinol again for a week and then go mget a third blood test next Monday which should tell the true potassium level and whether the Sytrinol is the problem. I also got my butt back on the elliptical yesterday evening! Wow! Have I missed that. I feel much renewed this morning and will hopefully have the incentive to stay with it now. I'm looking for a big weight loss this month...about 10 pounds if I can do it. I need to set an example for my hubby so he will stay motivated!!
Mima, the nap lasted less than 30 minutes yesterday...not because of the phone but "her royal highness". She decided she needed some mental activity and after jumping off the bed with me, walked around the house "alarm barking". God, she can be such a willfull witch.
Welcome Migotokokoro. The only thing I could add to the ladies' advice is to just stay active. Even if it's just walking, you need to keep moving. All of us have our own way of dealing with pain management...for me it's Tramadol, ibuprofen and a new latex mattress. And boy, does that new mattress make a difference in my quality of sleep. Not as stiff and sore when I get up now. Stick with a good food plan and eat plenty of veggies. Check out http://www.fmaware.org. They have free registration and you can learn a lot from them. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Off to spend a little of hubby's money!! Enjoy the rest of the day, ladies! I'll check back later.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #11  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody... Shoulder not much better. I sleep with a heating pad..
We do have a Joann's I just wanted to get home fast and was in W/M.. They seem to be closing out their fabric department too. I got some but may still go to Joann's when I see a sale.. I want to make new curtains for my bedroom.. Need to put some color in here.
We were out watering last night. If we don't get some rain we will lose a lot of plants.. grass..Nothing is growing except what I don't want..
I don't take naps.. If I did I would never get any sleep at night..
We eat pizza now and then.. I refuse to give up everything I like.. I just suffer the problems later.. They have a Amys pizza in the stores that is ok.. I think it is more organic .. But I usually buy something else not as healthy..My thiinking is ..if I am going to buy fried chicken I am going to eat the whole thing.. That is my stinking thinking.. I don't get it very often..
Bye for now..Joanne
Old 04-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #12  

WOW Joanne ... we think just alike. I refuse to give up everything I like, too & if I'm going to eat it, I want the WHOLE THING! Also, if I'm gonna eat cake, I want a BIG piece with lots of icing. They were laughing at me at my g-son's BD party Sun. nite ... about the piece of cake I had! I usually watch what I eat, but now and then, I go a little crazy. I want to enjoy my life while I'm still alive! (then I suffer for it later - oh well.)

Off to pick up the g-kids. Daughter is doing pretty good today.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #13  

Boy of Boy, it's soooo nice to see Tammy, Candice and meme here today, and Migo, welcome to our thread. Of course, it's nice to see Mima, Kate and Joanne as well

Mima - sounds like you are getting it together. It is darn hot where you are. So far, we are 30 degrees BELOW the normal temp. for this time of year. We are hovering around 36 degrees only. There is some kind of pressure system that isn't moving, that is sitting over us. Somebody give it a BOOT!

Meme - Well, you have been busy as usual. Hope your daughter gets better soon. Every now and then, I need a break from the computer as well. Just don't want to be on the thing.

Candice - That study showed that Premarin caused people to have heart problems - 875 women and something like 9 had heart problems. They said it was from Premarin. I say, these same women could have had heart problems in any case, and I want to live while I'm alive! I think it was the Progesterone that was the problem as well. If you don't have a uterus you don't need to take that. I know people that have taken Premarin for 30 years or better and they don't have heart, or stroke problems at all. So, I say, if you need it to feel well, then take it.

I went to the Foot Dr. this morning to have the Orthodics checked. He said this was a starting point, and he has not ruled out surgery. Need to go back when I come back from our trip to Denmark. Then we will see how it is. Right now, it is still quite painful and it sure does interfer with walking.

Tammy - sounds like that was a nice day. We don't have that Pizza place here, so I don't know what I am missing Slow down a bit, as you don't want to end up with a lot of pain.

Kate - WooHoo, out spending money! I did that this morning. Bought some stuff to take on holidays. I am now all set. Telephones can be a real pain, when you want to rest.

Joanne - ambiitous one, making curtains. A pop of color is nice in a room. I want a new duvet cover, but I will wait until June before I buy one. I might see one in Denmark that I like.

Migo - Good advice. Anytime you can give up sugar, but even worse, I think, is aspertame and Splenda, as they are chemicals. My body doesn't take well to either of those. Sugarless gum is another one I don't do well with, because of the Sorbital and Manitol in them. They can do a number on the intestine and cause like an IBS thingy. Eat clean, and move. If you can't walk, then do some stretching - gently. I have found great relief for my symptoms with an Upper Cervical Chiropractor. www.nucca.org if you want to read about them. Also, google AXIS and you will find info on a fellow from Los Angeles that travels around the USA and does a one time treatment on the AXIS. On a FM site I went to, thse people were having good results. I think a lot of FM pain come from spine - I know mine does. So many of us have bad backs and necks etc.

Well another book. Hope you all have a good day.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #14  

Here's some truths for you all ......................

YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2009 when...
>
>
>
> 1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
>
>
>
> 2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
>
>
>
> 3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
>
>
>
> 4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
>
>
>
> 5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is
> that they don't have e-mail addresses.
>
>
>
> 6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if
> anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
>
>
>
> 7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the
> screen.
>
>
>
> 8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have
> the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for
> panic and you turn around to go and get it.
>
>
>
> 10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
>
>
>
> 11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
>
>
>
> 12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
>
>
>
> 13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this
> message..
>
>
>
>
>
> 14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
>
>
>
>
>
> 15 You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this
> list.
>
>
>
> AND NOW U R LAUGHING AT YOURSELF
>
Old 04-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #15  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

Thanks ladies, I'm happy that you all are willing to help. I've been eating pretty well for about 3 days now and I've already lost a couple of pounds just from cutting out things I normally eat that have high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, etc. I've been drinking a little bit of diet soda a day as I mentioned in my last post, but I've been able to go longer and longer without it and won't have headaches or feel sick. I started drinking the organic spring water instead of the tap water; it tastes better and I feel cleaner when I drink it. Because it's the end of the month we're a little low on food, so that makes it really low on things I can eat since we just found out about the fibromyalgia and such. But this weekend I'll be going food shopping for lots of goodies. :P My bench step aerobics was really rough on Monday. What was hurting just slightly a couple weeks earlier has developed into massive pains. But the second half of class wasn't so severe. I think I just need to keep pushing a little to work up to getting more active. Anyways, thanks all of you!
Closed Thread