Does any one else have Hasimoto's

• I just found out I have Hasimoto's. I gained a lot of weight the last 8 months and then my Sister told me everyone in my family has this thyroid condition. If you have it please let me know if you were able to lose weight after treatment. Thank you Victoria
  • I lost weight just fine. Go to www.thyroid.about.com for some good information. You need to eat a little higher protein, cut refined grains and simple carbs. I find WW Simply Filling technique is ideal.

It can take several months to get your meds adjusted correctly so you need to be patient. You can't jump into a high dose of thyroid or you can have heart problems.
  • Thank you
    Thanks for the link I have been doing a lot of reading on the internet at medical sites.
    I had to see a new Dr. to get a referral to have a ultrasound he was not very nice he was angry with his staff they made me wait 20 min when he was waiting for me so he could go to lunch. Any way my regular Dr. will prescribe my medication any way.
    You have lose a lot of weight ! That is so inspiring to me. I eat mostly filing foods as well. I just feel better when I do. I am putting in a garden this year I hope to grow healthy tasty veggies. Victoria
  • I have Hashimotos. I was diagnosed 7 years ago. I have crazy antibodies but okay hormone levels. I have opted not to take meds for now, though my naturopath does have me on herbal supplements for thyroid. You will need to do lots of reading and sorting info on your own because most doctors don't seem to have much current information.
  • Cindim Thank you for your post I am grateful I have a Dr.
    who has treated me for 25 years he has been looking into the latest treatment plans and also sent me to a Dr. on my insurance to get a ultrasound though with my family history it is probably nothing more than hasimotos. I have a lot of symptoms that affect my daily life so I will go on the thyroid. Thank you so much for your help and advice. Victoria
  • i was just diagnosed a couple of weeks ago, but am not taking anything for it. apparently i have it, but my thyroid isn't shot yet? i dunno. i don't really understand it. my doctor said that at some point later in life i will need to be taking synthetic hormones for this. i already feel like i have my weight problem plate full with the pcos and its associated medications.