Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #91  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ well, we had another cold night and day, but the winds have stopped pretty much, but DH says it's still very cold. Some places recorded -40c; our thermometer said -28c but with the windchill factor out in the open, it could very well have been that low.

They are actually predicting more snow for tomorrow; I think our landlord will start crying, but we are learning to take it all in stride. This is another record snow year I'm sure. DH cleaned off the front porch again today and wants me to take some more pics; if it's not too bad, I'll go out tomorrow to take some more.

HI MEOWEE ~ glad you made it through all that excitement, esp with the family issues and the Vets. It was so busy at our one grocery store that people were bumping into each other in certain places. Note to self: avoid the grocery store late afternoon on Fridays ... Your weather forecast sounds even worse than ours!

PURPLE ~ We have four levels of milk here: Whole milk, 2% part milk, 1% part milk, and skim milk (virtually no fat in this one and the one DH & I use the most). Many people don't like the skim milk, but after years of using it, we are used to it and we know how to make it correctly. We make sure to add enough dry mix and chill it overnight too. Ya know, we started using it, because it was cheaper than liquid milk, but now we are just so used to it, and it is still better for us because we can just make what we need. Before, we used to waste it; it would go sour on us, and even now, we have to make sure to use it up quickly. We are just not that big on milk really: we only use it for cereal.

That show you are watching about competing chefs sounds interesting to me; you and I like a lot of the same kind of shows. We have a provincial television station (TVO) that often buys shows from England and I have watched quite a few like cooking shows, historical shows, detective shows, decorating shows, gardening shows, traveling shows, and other such favorites.

Yes, our weather is frightful, isn't it? We are a bit surprised at how much snow we have already, and we are running out of places to put it all. The road fairies came by and towed some away for us (the guy was being nice as he saw how high the pile is in our front yard); we can no longer see the houses down the road and vehicles passing by from our front picture window ... gee, shucks ... that's what a window is for!

Isn't NIKO cute? DH says that I spoil him rotten; oh well, we only have one furry baby and he's really very good, just like your Rizzie is. NIKO really is a man's dog and parks himself at the door waiting for DH to return, as in the picture I posted last time (he was by the door waiting for DH to come back in the house). When he's in the house, NIKO comes to me a lot and DH says that he listens and obeys me better, but then I have spent untold hours training him while DH was outside doing other things when we first got him. Actually, I have continued the training, as it takes quite a while for them to get all the commands down pat.

HI to VAL, and RONNI, and BEVERLYJOY, and NUMPSTER ~ hope all you ladies have a great weekend, and do join us in the new March thread tomorrow ...

ANYWAYS, this is my last post for the month of February in this thread. I have started a new thread for MARCH, and MEOWEE will have that red stickied for us as soon as she can get to it .. and we all thank her for that too!

Take good care ladies, time to do some reading ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-28-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Closed Thread