Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:25 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks! Well - my performance and morning went very very well. I picked up my good friend Sally. She got all of my 'stuff' out of the car, including the wheelchair. She 'wheelied' me in to my performance spot and then brought in the rest of my stuff. Some of the teachers were a bit shocked and surprised to see me coming in a wheelchair. But, it was just fine. I am so, so grateful for my friend Sally helping. Today - my DH is taking a day off of work to help me. I have a tall chair (lightweight 'bar chair' from which I did my performance) it keeps me sitting up high - as if I was standing. So children in the back can see well too. They asked about the brace on my foot and explained. It went fine. Whew....

valpal - thanks! It went well. You are SO right. Mobility is a very very precious thing. Your new furniture sounds so pretty.

justwannabe- thanks for the 'colorful' welcome. Yes, indeed - it's an OK thing for children to see my brace and learn that it doesn't have to stop life.

hi meowee - did you make a snowman? Take care and have a good day.

ronni62 - you are so right. My day yesterday went better than I imagined - or really was dreading. Thanks so much.

I did eat a bit extra - but - I am thinking getting over this hurtle will make getting back to food sanity a possibility again. I had been utterly dreading this wheelchair stuff.

Have a great day, chicks!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-10-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #32  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Another cold but sunny day for northeastern Nova Scotia. Still windy, but down to somewhat tolerable.

Off to get my haircut later this morning and still dithering about a change of style. Although, I may be fighting a losing battle since after all these years, the hair just kind of does whatever it feels like anyway.

Back has been feeling pretty good the past few days . . . . . . of course, tomorrow is garbage day so we'll just have to wait and see what happens after that.

Have a great day, everybody . . .
Old 02-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #33  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Good Afternoon Ladies

A good lot of our snow disappeared yesterday with the deluge of rain we had yesterday. When travelling south to Bognor Regis we saw fields standing in water. There was one field that had seagulls swimming in the standing water. Not the most surreal moment we had but travelling towards us on the opposite carriageway was 2 army tank with an army personnel standing up through the opening you have in the tank at the top of the vehicle. Gosh so weird to see that normally you see tanks being moved on other army vehicles like lorries. We had a great journey down there to Bognor Regis but it did take longer to come back as people were rubber necking at an accident that had occurred now in been brought into the hard shoulder of the motorway.

I went for my treatment today in the oxygen tank it was busy in there today with 5 of us. 4 ladies and 1 gent lucky gent Time went quick today at the session and afterwards as lots of people to chat to so that make time fly.

I had a bit of a bad day yesterday firstly I thought I would try this new ballet move I had learnt alright I own up it was a fall really . I was in the bathroom and stood up from the toilet and fell backwards hitting the toilet cistern right across my back. To say the least that was painful and not a move to be repeated anytime soon.

Then if that was not bad enough I had a freak accident. I was getting into a van and sitting down. In my pocket of my long cardigan was my pill container. Has I sat on the seat of the van I sat on the pill container. Normally it would have sunk into the padding on the van seat and my fat/skin on my base of my back. Though unfortunately I managed to sit on the part of the seat that contains the fasting for the seat belt. This part is flush to the chair and you never have any trouble from it but with sitting on top of that and my pill container at the same time recipe for disaster. It hit my tail bone giving me a shooting pain up my spine and down my right leg. I suspect by my knowledge of your body it was the sciatic nerve that I happened to hit. I have this morning a lovely black bruise and it is still very tender and sore. So both incidents shook me up a bit and recovering today.

meowee Glad to hear that your back is a little better after your recent troubles.

You seem to been having bad snow as well as us by recent accounts .Lets hope spring comes soon.

You will have to let us know if you change your hairstyle at the hairdressers. I go so infrequently to the hairdresser but there again I have long hair don't need much care in that department.

Beverlyjoy to the thread and nice to meet you.

I am glad to see that you are continuing to do the things you love to do which is teach children. Children adapt so well to disability better than adults. Biting the bullet is the hardest job but you have done it and I bet now that you are so pleased that you did.

You have a supportive husband and a friend Sally which are so important at times like this. I know my DH is wonderful and allows me to do so many things that I couldn't without his help. As Valdine (valpal) said mobility is so precious thing. I have gain some of my mobility back with losing the weight. At times now I looks as drunk as skunk as I can't walk in a straight line to save my live. Though I know how lucky I am every day to wake up and be able to walk. I know that might not always be the case but until then I will value every minute.

Valdine Thanks for asking after Dad. He has done brilliant after the cataract operation. He is was in pain and could not bear the light (so wore sun glasses) on the next day. Though there after he has been OK. So quick recovery and he is not wearing glasses at all now not even his ordinary glasses. This is because the surgeon I think did his worse eye and his other eye is not so bad even though he is having it done also in about 4 months time.

It is hard balancing act getting it right so you do not sap all your energy. So glad you have some nice furniture and changing the room to your taste rather than your parents. The furniture sounds nice and will help you relax when at home.

Ronni Yes I am a whist player and that is where I am going tonight in fact and we pick an elderly lady up along the way and take her there to play as well. I have played since I was knee high to a grasshopper Not sure what the term grand slammed is as we do not use it in whist here. Unless you mean that you took all 13 tricks.

I love homemade soup and it tastes so much better than the shop bought ones. Plus big bonus it is heaps cheaper as well and you know what is going in it ingredients wise. It is an excellent opportunity to put in lots of vegetables and pulses.

We do not have nascar racing here in the UK so not quite certain what type of car racing it is. So I will have to look it up on the INTERNET to educate myself. It must be fun to build your own and race them locally.

Rosebud
Yes you and me both are put off by brawn (cheese head) looks gross here especially the shop bought one. The one home made looked quite nice until she put in the cooked brain and then the eye balls (whole) Prior to the horrid ingredients namely the brain and eyeballs it was just small cooked pieces of pork in pork jelly.

I do not like luncheon meat or spam for that matter. I think the only cold tinned meat that I will eat is corned beef otherwise I steer clear of them. I am very fortunate when growing up we did not have these meats but had for sandwiches / salads a very cheap cut of meat called the hock (from the pig) it taste like cooked bacon / gammon. We loved to be given the opportunity to pick the meat from the bone when it was about finished.

Gosh now you have got me thinking what game is it like Whist. I suppose from what i have heard from bridge players it is similar to that but much simpler to play. I was playing as a child quite competently and my niece who is now 15 started to play when she was about 12 after a bit of persuading she was shy and timid. Now she is an excellent play and better than me now as I have difficultly in remembering what has gone at times especially when I am tired.

Must go as I have dinner on the go and I will burn it to a frazzle if I do not watch out. So take care and catch up with you soon. Sorry if there is any mistakes but been a busy day and I so wanted to drop by

purpleorc

Old 02-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #34  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ we woke up to freezing rain this morning, but it has finally stopped for now. There are forcasting sun for tomorrow; and with the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if that is correct.

HI PURPLE ~ glad you had a good trip to B-Regis; sorry you had a bit of a fall though. The big bruises on my derriere finally went away from that fall over the back doorstep; we all have those little accidents, don't we? Sometimes, when there is a weather disaster, you will see the army and their equipment called out to aide the public, but you're right ... tanks are a bit odd!

I remember now that it was EZMONEY who said that sometimes he has a turkey bacon sandwich for his breakfast when he was explaining on his goal thread his daily menu for losing thirty pounds recently. Their are some meats that we ate as kids that I now detest and luncheon loaf, chicken loaf, and SPAM, are top of the list; I'm also not too found of 'puffed wheat' cereal (I would skip that and have toast instead). Well, we had a large family and my parents had to be thrifty in some ways.

MEOWEE ~ I'm glad to hear your back is feeling better; I was wondering if you could use a toboggan for the winter and a wagon for the summer. My Dad put a wooden box on a small toboggan and we used it for pulling all kinds of things like wood for the fire and garbage and so forth. In the summer, DH uses a wagon that he made with bicycle wheels and a fridge insert for the box: very clever. So many people have complimented him on it's practicality and have copied his design too.

BEVERLYJOY ~ So glad everything went well at the school; we were sure it would, as children are so caring and accepting of others who have difficulties. We are all so blessed to have friends and spouses who help us out so much; my DH helps me out a lot too, and I am very grateful for that!

HI VAL ~ you won't believe it, but we had +5C here today! Yes, we are getting ready for spring: DH has even shovelled out his trailer (a bit each day over the last week or so) and his ski-doo as NIKO kept getting caught up on the skiis (so he had to move if further back in the yard). DH has his building books out today as he wants to get started first thing in April on that cottage. He says that he wants to build a small shed for us first at the back to store materials and give us a handy place to get out of the elements. He saved all the materials from his shop at the last place; and he's very ansy to get up there (we both are really).

HI RONNI ~ hope you and your family are battling off that cold/flu that you had earlier this week. I meant to mention that my Dad was also an amateur race car driver and he had his own race car; and he won many, many races. He also managed to win a bit of money and that helped a lot because we had a big family and jobs were hard to find back then (and every bit helped). This success led him to become a long-haul truck driver.

HI NUMPSTER ~ I know you are really busy with LD's wedding coming up soon; hope you make sure to take good care of your health and try not to stress out too much. I know that everything will be just fine.

Well today, we are just stayin' indoors as it is too slick and damp out there; we are having chicken of some kind for dinner with baked veggies and salad and likely baked new potatoes. I hope you've all had a great Tuesday; and take good care ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-10-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:07 AM   #35  
MSer living healthy

Hello

Nice to get out last night and play cards after a few weeks of not playing due to the weather. We went to our furtherest one away from our home last night to play to a village near Melton Mowbray. (the famous home of the pork pie) I did no good but my DH managed to win a small amount of money for the most 6's scored in 24 hands. The lady whom we bring to the whist drive she won a raffle prize of Ł3.00 which is about $6.00. Seeing as we do not pay very much to get in the money and prizes are very good.

Nothing much else going on here since I spoke to you last night. Just getting my shopping list together to go to do my weekly grocery shopping. Not very much on it I wonder if I have forgotten something . Will have another scout round before we leave to do our shopping to see if I can come up with anything I may have omitted. Not complaining though if it is only a small grocery shop nice to have them once in a while.

ROSEBUD Mystery solved of the turkey bacon and I do not have to call in Sherlock Holmes I suspect it is rather nice and low in fat not to mention lower in calories. Nothing like a bacon sandwich . Did meatballs yesterday with pasta which of course I have to measure out due to being very heavy handed with it. Really enjoyed that, then had some tinned peaches and plain yoghurt sweetened slightly.

Not so sore today which is a bonus after my fall usually I am suffering for longer so I have been blessed this time and I am really grateful for that. Yes falling is part and parcel of our physical challenges which i knew might be what I had to face at some point. Now my balance has deteriorated I know the risk has just gone up but at least I am able to do many things that others can't with my condition.

Hello Ronni, Numpster, Valdine and Beverlyjoy I hope your all well and taking care of yourselves.

Well as I said not much to report here today so I will go now and plait (braid) my hair and get ready for going shopping so take care of yourselves till next time

purpleorc
Old 02-11-2009, 06:40 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks! - my second day with the wheelchair went well. I am over the initial hurtle - but, am certainly not in any 'comfort zone' with this. It will take time. Today I am going to a childcare - I can park right by the door and don't have far to go inside - so I am on my own. (no wheelchair) I'll see how my foot/ankle and back does with this amount of walking and lifting.

My pieces and parts are hurting today. I think the heating pad the bag of peas on in my future later on.

Purpleorc - it's nice to get away for some card playing. Glad you had a good time and won some money, too. So sorry about your fall - it can shake things up and make parts achy.

justwanna - be careful with the freezing rain - it can be treacherous. Ours finally thawed last weekend.

Meow- so glad your back has been doing a bit better. Maybe someone can help you with the garbage. Take care.

Hello to Ronnie, Numster and Valdine.

Have a great day!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #37  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ We had a lovely mild day; couldn't believe the temps +7C right up to dinner time, but it's now starting to drop and that's a good thing, as our Winter Carnival gets into full gear this week and everything is melting on us. The streets have big pools of water and the drains are full up, but the road guys are working hard to cart the wet snow and slush away as fast as they can.

DH wanted to do the shopping today so we went up and I was able to walk around pretty good. I think all these extra exercises I'm doing in the morning are really helping to strengthen my legs. We took the extra dishes and glassware to goodwill, and did a few other errands as well. I bought some clear rectangle bins to put all my mom's glassware in (they are cute with little chickadees etched on them); and the containers I needed just happened to be on sale this week.

BEVERLYJOY ~Thanks, we were lucky today that the temps were warm all day; and it is just going down now so the wet stuff left will freeze overnight. DH went out this morning and put rock salt over all our steps and laneway, but he did have a fall. He said he was OK because he was kinda expecting it; and by the time I went out, it was all melted from the salt he had put down. The town had the sand trucks out spreading sand all over the roads too.

PURPLE ~ we had perogies for dinner tonight as it's pasta night and we had spagetti & meatballs last week. I had 4 and DH ate 10 and NIKO ate 2; but I had a salad with mine and 2 turkey pepperettes for measure. Next week, we'll have something else just to change things up a bit, as I like variety.

I had a bit of a silly accident today myself; I actually burned my chest on a hot stove burner, leaving a hole in my dress; thank goodness I pulled back right away and the burn wasn't too bad. I was trying to turn the burner down but as I'm short and fairly well-endowed, my right side touched the front burner which was on. This is the second time I have done this, but thankfully this time, I ruined the dress but didn't have a bad burn like last time which left a scar for years.

HI to MEOWEE, and VAL, and RONNI, and NUMPSTER ~ hope you all had a Wonderful Wednesday!!!

Take good care, ladies ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-11-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:56 AM   #38  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

Just about recovered from my recent escapade of a fall so most of the stiffness and soreness has gone. Another cold , grey day here at least most of the snow as melted now just a few patches here and there remain. There is more around the back of the bungalow there as it is the part of the garden that gets the least sun throughout the day.

I have a soup merrily shimmering away I have packed it full of vegetables and lentils. It is sure starting to smell nice. When it is cooked I will blend this soup to a smooth consistency which will be very shortly. Soups are an excellent way of packing in lots of vegetables but also a great opportunity to use any vegetables that need using up so not to waste them so saving money.

Today is a nice restful day today as tomorrow will be busier as I go to my parents every other Friday. I will also go into there home town and get some flaxseed which is one of the cheapest around. Plus the big bonus they do a flaxseed with gojo berries or there is another variety as well with pumpkin seeds. I have never tried the later variety but I do keep threatening. I have flaxseed every morning with my cereal as it helps with the horrid side effects of my tablets and keeps me regular so to speak.

BEVERLEYJOY Just about back to normal though it makes me very cautious for a while after a fall like this maybe too cautious. It makes me fearful of another fall is around the corner. I know it is part and parcel of the condition but it is the hurting that is not so nice

ROSEBUD Just had my lunch of cottage pie with brussels, cabbage and carrots. Very nice and filling but warming just what you need on these cold wintry days. I see you have had perogies again last night for your lunch. Not sure what turkey pepperettes are so will have to look on the search engine to find out. I have just looked on the search engine with not much joy so I think you will have to enlighten me and educate me

Sorry to hear that you have burnt yourself and ruined a dress in the process. Some women think it will be wonderful to be big chested but it has its pitfalls and it is not all it is cracked up to be. Like you I am well endowed at the beginning of the journey I was wearing 44 DD but I think really and truthfully I should have been in a 46DD as I was struggling to put my girls in to the cups if you know what I mean I have shrunk some what on this journey but gone up in cup size I now am 36F so not exactly small.

Burns are nasty as I know from experience I once leaned over stupidly the kettle and burnt my arm. I now have a scar on my forearm from the steam from the kettle. The scar is 2" long by 1" wide I estimate. Though this is nothing really when I compare to my DH who has been extensively burnt on his arms and body. I know the pain I got from my arm burn so it must have been really bad for my DH.

Time to shoot off and finish this soup so bye for now and take care

purpleorc
Old 02-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #39  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Grey and drizzling around here . . . relatively mild but the schools are closed again and the road fairies are warning against driving since nobody seems to be able to decide on which side of freezing the temperature will settle.

Nothing too exciting for me anyway . . . probably won't go any further than the post office.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #40  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, we just had an ordinary day today; the temps were colder but we did have some lovely sunshine most of the day. The winds were quite bad and the temps fell down to -18C this evening but we need that for our Winter Interlude this weekend.

HI MEOWEE ~ take it easy out there; DH fell yesterday as he was getting the car ready to go shopping. He said he didn't hurt himself (he was spreading ice salt around and slipped). Be very careful and watch that back.

PURPLE ~ so glad that you are feeling better. That pot of soup sounds great; think I'll make some for this weekend too, and maybe some muffins tomorrow for DH as well, as we are all out. Not to worry about that burn; only the dress was harmed as I managed to catch it and by today I was fine. I'll just wear that dress as a houseshift; I suppose I might be able to mend it: we'll see what it looks like when I'm done.

I know what you mean about the girls; I can wear two different sizes depending on the style and make. I think after we lose weight, things first deflate (DH's description), then tend to resettle just a tad differently than before.

I bet you are glad to see the rest of that snow melted and gone for this year. Glad to hear that your DAD's cataract operation was such a success for him. DH has an unoperable cataract on one of his eyes from a stone in a snowball when he was about 6 y/o; but the eye doc and a specialist he saw said they couldn't fix that (too much damage).

I managed to get some really nice boneless & skinless chicken breasts for only $2.99 yesterday and DH went up town and picked up some more to put in the freezer as the price was so good. As you know, chicken is one of my favorite things to eat. Tonight, we had fish, baked fries, shredded coleslaw, and sliced tomatoes for dinner ...

Well, I am having my tea right now and letting my hair dry as I post in here too. It's handy because my desk is near the furnace so I'm nice and cozy. We just spent the day doing daily stuff; this a rest day after a full day of shopping.

HI NUMPSTER, BEVERYJOY, RONNI, and VAL ~ TGIF ... hope you all have a Fabulous Friday tomorrow!!! Take good care ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-12-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #41  
Onward and Downward

Yesterday actually wasn't too bad, weather-wise, but today is just awful -- perfect weather for Friday the 13th, I guess, since it will keep a lot of people home and thus out of trouble.

Hop the DH's fall doesn't catch up with him later.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #42  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning! Oh my gosh! So many accidents-did the effects of Friday the 13th just come early this time? I really, really hope Purpleorc and Rosebud's DH don't have any lasting effects from the falls (been there, done that, no fun at all!) and very glad that Rosebud wasn't burned badly. I never thought about those of you with larger busts being endangered while cooking I have a hard enough time just eating without dropping stuff on my chest and I'm not very well-endowed!

I was planning to go to town with DS2 today to pick up a couple groceries, but just feel totally wiped out after going to MN yesterday, plus, I think I've relapsed with this stupid cold and my head feels like it could explode MIL's surgery went well, but had to stay overnight due to an irregular heartbeat during the shoulder surgery. DH's oldest sis is going to take her home today if everything goes well (this has happened before, so they don't think it's going to be a problem-just something that happens when she's under anesthesia).

I was reading all of your posts and some of your foods sound wonderful! If we got together for a potluck, it'd be quite a feast (but no head cheese, please). We had some of the homemade chicken noodle soup I had taken to MIL last night, but think I need to make some more and maybe just take it intravenously! I'd like to try to make Purple's lentil/veggie soup. That sounds really good.

Rosebud-again, I'm so glad you weren't burned badly. Is there a way you can place a platform at your stove so you aren't so low and close to the burners? I'm short too, so I know the problems it can cause. Looking at houses, we see a lot of homes with the microwave above the stove. People have no idea how dangerous that is for someone our height. We once looked at a home that had been remodeled completely and was gorgeous, but the couple that owned it were both over 6' tall. When they did the kitchen, they raised the counters and placed the stove and fridge on platforms. The countertops were almost to my armpits! We just laughed and told the realtor that they had to find another really tall couple to buy that one!

Meowee-we've got your grey and drizzly too. I know it's only Feb, but couldn't spring come early just this once? Or, maybe twice? Or, maybe when DH retires, we'll move south for and ! Glad your back is feeling better. Did you decide to change your hair? I also have trouble deciding what to do with mine at times.

Beverlyjoy-so glad your performances have gone well! Hope the pain is getting better, though.

Purple-hope you are still recovering ok from your falls. Ow, ow, ow, I know how that hurts! And, hope you have safe travels today. Yep, on the whist grand-slam. My in-laws call it that when you not only take all the tricks, but take them all in the first round, so you win both the hand and the game. We've only managed to do it once in the 10 years they've been teaching me the game-oh, well!

Val-hope you are continuing to feel better. Your new furniture sounds nice. We think about new stuff, but then remember we have teenage boys and decide to wait I hadn't thought how illness affects the MS symptoms, but after reading what you said about your hand going numb, I realized that my lips and cheek started feeling numb and pins/needles sensations when this cold started. Wonder if it'll go away when the cold goes

Hi also to numpster-I hear you're getting ready for a wedding? Hope all is well. We miss you.

Hope everyone has a nice, safe, uneventful Friday the 13th I really don't believe in superstition, but my family was from the Pennsylvania Dutch and some things are very ingrained My sis and I decided many years ago, though, that the really dangerous day is Saturday the 14th, because you let your guard down Take care, you all!
Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #43  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, it's Friday night and I just remembered that I hadn't posted yet today. We had lovely sunshine all day today which brought the temps up a bit. DH says the winds were a bit cold as he tried to go for a walk and had to come back because his face was freezing. For some reason, he just doesn't want to wear a scarf, but he has some nice, soft plaid scarves: I don't get it; it's like teens who just don't want to wear hats, but their ears are getting frostbite! Not cool, I guess ...

Not me, I'll bundle up like an Eskimo if I have to; as a matter of fact, I don't want to go out unless I am! Dh often says to me, "Oh, you don't need a hat and scarf" and I tell him that it's my choice. I don't want to freeze, so I'm wearing them, and that's that!

HI RONNI ~ You know, if we didn't have buxom chests, all our food would just fall in our laps or on the table, like it does on my DH. He makes such a mess at the table when he eats; I finally know why! My side is clean because it always falls on me; and his falls all over the table and other places, making lots of work for me!

Glad your MIL's surgery went well; have sent up prayers for the heart issue and that she will recover soon. I made a pot of tomato-bean soup today and there's enough leftover for lunch tomorrow as well (one of my favorites besides chicken noodle and mushroom). Yes, PURPLE and I like to exchange recipes and meal ideas. I like lots of variety and she has so many good low-cal dessert ideas too.

I know what you mean about putting a stool or something in front of my stove, but then I'd just trip over that since I can't seem to see past the two mountains just below my neck! I often trip over our NIKO because I just can't see him from the side or back, of course.

You often see models in ads; and Dh and I noticed today how tall the ladies are in them. Their hips are even with the burners and theirs heads are even with the stove fans! I can barely reach my stove fan with my hand; and as you know, the stovetop almost reaches my chest. DH and I noticed that all the cupboards here are too high; obviously, whoever built this place was very tall and forgot about all the shorties in this world.

MEOWEE ~ THANKS for your concern about DH; he still insists that he's A-OK! Says he didn't hurt himself at all, but he did just happen to mention that he fell when he came in.

HI TO PURPLE, and VAL, and BEVERYJOY, and NUMPSTER ~ hope you all have a great weekend!

Take good care ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-13-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:13 AM   #44  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

its the weekend YAY!

i will be attending a friend's wedding tomorrow. we had more than 15 inches of snow the last couple days.. and I was feeling stressed so i put my elliptical machine on a higher than normal setting and kinda ruined my knee for the day. So no workout today.

Long weekend in manitoba this weekend! Monday is the 2nd ever 'Louis Riel Day' Holiday. Louis Riel is the Metis Father of my province, and also the key leader of my Aboriginal nation - the Metis. woo long weekend i will have time to stop by! ttys!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:27 AM   #45  
MSer living healthy

Good Morning

Been busy posting every one yesterday so lots for me to read. Did not drop by yesterday as I was at my parents for the day. Then the evening spent at my sisters. So a busy day was ready for my bed by the time I got home I can tell you.

VALDINE Sorry to hear that you over did it with the exercise it is such a fine balance in getting it right. I know I don't always get it right then pay for it like you have. Have a nice time at the wedding tomorrow of your friend.

RONNI So pleased to hear that your MIL operation went OK. It is a worrying time waiting for loved ones having operations. My father has another cataract operation on the horizon later this year about 3 months time.

Yes really nice in the winter lentil and vegetable soup. It is such an excellent way to pack in load of vegetable and so warming for winter. Simple to make from vegetable or chicken stock. Then put in vegetables and lentils of your choice. Ensure that you have onions or leeks so that it adds to the flavour. I blend the soup for a thick soup but you can leave it as it is. You can add in pasta like noodles or tiny shells as well. There are so many soups to be made and I like home made soups as you know what goes into them.

MEOWEE
Manage to keep out of mischief yesterday on Friday the 13th no accidents thank goodness. Do not know where this superstition of Friday the 13th comes from but I bet it has interesting origins.

BEVERLYJOY I hope your OK and managed to survive your first week back at teaching in your wheelchair. I know it must be hard getting use to peoples reactions of seeing you as a wheelchair user.

ROSEBUD I don't blame you wrapping up warm. Like I always think you can always take it off if you are too warm. There is nothing worse than getting really cold. It takes ages again then to warm up again properly. My nickname is "Eskimo Nell" this is because I feel the cold especially now I have lost the weight and no longer have 126lbs insulating me. I look like at times I am going to rob a bank with my scarf wrapped around my face to protect the trigeminial nerve. Then a hat pulled down to keep my ears warm. I look a right sight no doubt but at least I am warm

Yes the world is built for tall people when you look in supermarkets produces are put on shelves that are too high, Or if you go to café some of the chiller cabinets holding food with shelves again way too high. I know they must be as I struggle to get them and I am not exactly short at 5ft 8". I know people have got taller over the years but surely there is a happy medium that suits both heights.

Time to go and check on my dinner of Lancashire Hotpot. Nothing weird and wonderful just diced lamb with onions, potatoes and any other root vegetable that you might have. I have put in carrots, parsnip, butternut squash, onions, chickpeas and then salt and pepper to season. All you do is pour water onto these ingredient in a casserole dish. Then cook slowly like you do a casserole. (optional you can put rosemary in as seasoning as well.) Last 15 minutes of cooking drain some of the water off to make a gravy with if you do not have any. There is Lancashire Hotpot dead simple to make and it is very tasty. Will be having raspberries and yoghurt for dessert. Bye now and take care

purpleorc
Closed Thread