Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 06:46 AM   #61  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hope the day is everything you've wished for.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:55 PM   #62  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

We had a wonderful day with friends, with a delightful dinner, and even glorious sunshine all day!!! How perfect for this special day of our Lord's birth. Am so very grateful for all the blessings that we have, there are so many ...

May GOD bless you all too, with good health and peace and safety for now and the coming year!!! Take good care ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-25-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #63  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Ladies

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas where ever in the world you are

I just have a few moments to spare to relax and come on here and make a post. Plus get up to speed with your posts. Thanks for the Christmas well wishes.

We have had a quiet Christmas but nevertheless it has been very nice. I am busy at the minute playing host with cooking and entertaining. I have tried to incorporate a walk each day into my schedule to keep my exercise up to scratch. That way I hope to counter attack the little naughties you tend to have. I have kept the food has health as I can and within my eating plan. Though I did have a couple of chocolates Hmm I know that they were not on plan in any shape or way. Not to mention my Dad's Christmas mince pies . Though I have been reserved and only taken one where previously I would have had more than one. So some improvement made even if I am not perfect

I hope to go on the whole body vibration machine this afternoon for a session and then a little walk later if my body is up to it. We were traditionalists in our house this Christmas we had Turkey with Brussels, leeks and runner beans. Served with mashed potatoes ( these were just mashed nothing in them just plain) sage and onion stuffing and gravy. DH then convinced me to make Yorkshire puddings. ( i do not like them so made for others).

Nice to drop by and catch up. Though I really must go now and get on with preparing vegetables for tomorrow. Take care all and will drop by as time permits.

purpleorc
Old 12-26-2008, 05:49 PM   #64  
Rosebud

HELLO LADIES ~ well, it's Boxing Day here; I'm not really sure what that is but many people go out shopping today for sales and such. DH and I laughed about that; he wanted to know if I wanted to go look for deals this morning, and I declined, as my legs need some resting today; and secondly, we really don't need anthing.

It happens a lot lately, whenever I am busy and do too much; the next day, I am worn out and my poor feet and legs let me know it and how. It has been worse since our move, but I hope over the winter, my legs will get better for the spring, I pray ...

Well, I did eat some treats last night and this morning; but not in big amounts, so hopefully not too much damage done this year. I didn't do any baking and bought much less this year than in the past; so I am glad for that, but I do seem to have a few leftovers that we'll take somewhere.

Each year, I am getting better and better at down-sizing. We cut back our gifts and the amounts, but just made better choices; and we cut back on the food and junk too (I mean, cut way back). DH received some candy this year that we can't eat, so he took it away for some kids, but ended up bringing back some other goodies: I said 'you rascal, you are supposed to be giving it away, not bringing some back', and he just laughed ... me thinks he really wanted them; turned out to be a kind of exchange ...

WOWIE, PURPLE ~ You are doing better than me; I did do some exercises though, but didn't get out to walk yet. I walked enuff around here, but give me a couple of days and when my feet and legs are better, I'll try to go SKI-WALKING a bit on a sunny day. We had a roast of beef this year; simply becuz my friend has an allergy to turkey. They usually come at New Year's; this was the first year they have come at Christmas as far as I can remember. We can have turkey any time; I have a small one in the freezer that we could have at New Year's, if we desire.

Well, just taking things easy tonight and resting at home; I need space in between my celebration days. Hope you all are having a great time with family and friends ... your friend ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-26-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #65  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we have very mild weather here right now (+5C); can you believe we had a bit of rain and melting snow? DH had to go put some rock salt on our steps, as the temps fell and turned everything to ice.

My legs feel much better, as I really took it easy today; and we had a very light supper. DH went to the mail today, only to find it on extended holidays, made a gift delivery, and then dropped in on a friend before the bad weather hit. Not many people out there right now.

Anyways, hope you all are having a great week. Take good care of yourselves, your friend
ROSEBUD
Old 12-28-2008, 10:39 AM   #66  
MSer living healthy

Hi fellow chicks

It has been a cold and wintry day today. My parents are still with me but are going back home tomorrow. We are going back with them to spend a wee bit of time with my sister and returning on Tuesday evening.

I will have a few days of relaxing and recharging the batteries. Unfortunately my washing machine decided to die a death so I am waiting for the repair team to come out on 5 of January to fix it So when it is repaired I will have a lot of washing to catch up on with having mum and dad here. For starters the bed linen and a towelling not to mention clothing. Oh well I am thankful that it is getting fixed and it will not cost me as such as I have it under cover for a small fee.

I have gone out for lunch today I had a lovely dinner of breast of chicken with salad and jacket potato. So relatively healthy lunch seeing as plain jacket potato and no dressing on salad. I have exercised over Christmas every day one walk a day and a session on the whole body vibration machine. It has been cold on the walks but seen no foxes. We have many urban foxes but have not seen any for the last few days. A couple of days ago on the walk their was 5 police cars in quick succession passed us on the road going at a very fast speed. We found them parked in the middle of the road and at the pub down the road. On walking around the pub we found 5 more police cars the other side of the road which we could not see. It transpires that a couple of police was in the pub asking have you seen this man he has gone missing. Whilst they were making this police enquiry there was a man screaming and stomping about demanding his coat. The police called for back up and this was the result. Wow never seen so many police So a little bit of action I never expected to see especially as this pub as very little trouble as most of the clientèle are 60+ so are good citizens.

Hopefully Wednesday I will be able to answer posts rather than just make one post. It has been nice to drop by but I still feel something is missing with not being able to post properly in my opinion.

Time to go and sort some tea out for my guests and us. So take care all and look after yourselves.

purpleorc
Old 12-28-2008, 12:11 PM   #67  
Rosebud

We have a blizzard outside right now: a total white-out!!! So needless to say ... we are staying home today. We can hear the winds howling through our furnace exhaust pipe. We can't believe that there are actually a few people going by in their vehicles: where on earth are they going in this kind of weather? DH says the fir tree outside our kitchen window is doing the WAHTUSI!

HI PURPLE ~ glad you are having a good visit with mom and dad. Sorry to hear your washer is on the fritz, but that you have it covered on warranty, so it will be repaired soon. We have been blessed not to have any troubles like that this holiday; just bad weather. Yah, we had a few sirens go by here this week, but we really don't have any idea where they were going. The rest of the time has been pretty quiet here.

DH just turned the furnace up as the winds are really cooling things down by about another 10 degrees. There's gonna be quite a mess to clean up tomorrow, or whenever this storm decides to stop. Well, I am getting hungry; so it's time to go have a light lunch and a hot tea to warm up.

Take good care ladies, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 12-28-2008, 11:28 PM   #68  
Rosebud

HI THERE ... I'M BACK!!! Well, that storm finally died down late this afternoon and it's warming up nicely, now that the winds have died down with it. We just stayed in though, Dh only meandering out to let NIKO to go do his duty! Then I made a SHEPHERD'S pie out of our roast beef leftovers: beef & gravy, then layers of mixed leftover roasted veggies, and top with the remaining mash potatoes. It was so yummy that DH called it "food for the gods" and even washed and dried the dishes for me ... gee, I should make that more often.

My sis from out west called tonight; said she couldn't get through before and sent a message from NUMPSTER ... HI BACK!!!! Her and her DH are watching a very important movie right now ... shhh ... I didn't tell you that.

ANYHOW, they had a lovely Christmas, but her DH's father is not well; he is in his late 80's and his kidneys are failing ... poor dear: so they are on there way to go visit with him tomorrow. Sending prayers up for travel Angels for them on the trip and comfort for Alan too.

DH is watching a movie too; he's a real movie buff as well. I don't hear anything right now, so maybe he decided to go to sleep early after all. Anyways, I just came on to answer some emails I received from friends earlier and came by to check in here as well.

HI TO MEOWEE, and VALDINE, and PURPLE, and NUMPSTER and family down south!

Hope you all have a great week coming up too; your friend ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-28-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:38 PM   #69  
Rosebud

HELLO FOLKS ~ we had a little bit of sunshine early this morning; a welcome treat to wake up to, and the temps were really mild, so we decided to go uptown and pick up some basic staples (mostly veggies, meat, and stuff to tide us over). Good thing we did, becuz tonight we have another mini-storm. It started to snow again in the aft, but now we have those gusty northern winds to go with it; and they just got the laneway cleared.

We had a new visitor early this morning; besides our faithful Chickadees, we had our first WOODPECKER stop by our tree; DH says he saw him before but this time he stayed a lot longer. Guess he figured it was safe enuff; and with this being a stormy winter, he can use the protein from the seeds.

So, I did some walking today; too much, I'm afraid and my feet were so sore that I had to put them up tonight for a couple of hours. Gotta watch that. I made a big pot of beef vegetable soup using up all the leftovers we had; and it was yummy. Was able to put some up in the freezer for other lunches or dinners too.

Well, that all the news from here; will be staying home and resting for the next couple of days as the temps are supposed to fall too. Must stay in and keep warm this winter. Take good care ladies, and hope the last week of 2008 is good to ya ~ your friend ROSEBUD
Old 12-30-2008, 11:46 AM   #70  
MSer living healthy

Hi fellow chicks

Still remains very cold here and no sign of the sun . Walks at the minute are far from pleasant and I have to drag myself out when it is like that. Though I have tried as much as possible to continue to walk over the holiday period. Plus go on my total body vibration machine at least once a day.

Just done my weekly grocery shopping not that I needed a lot of things mainly the fresh produces like vegetables and fruit. Went out for lunch today it was a carvery I had roast turkey (no skin) and vegetables (carrots, swede (rutabaga), Brussels and boiled new potatoes well I only had one ) Very nice food and it is reasonably priced which is another bonus.

Went this morning to a jewellers eventually after been threatening to go for weeks. This was to see if my rings could be altered. my engagement ring need altering (making smaller) by 6 sizes. Never thought it would be by that much. I know I have been wearing it on another finger in the interim so that I do not lose it. They will be back just into the new year. The price to have them altered as well was reasonable. Plus they will not touch my security markings I have had put on when I had my rings evaluated a few years back. I really thought that that may have to be redone again when they were altered. I am so pleased that I do not have to have it done again.

I am now back to eating clean after a few little treats over the last few days. I have cooked healthy meals and desserts. Though I have had a few naughties in between which certainly was not on the plan . I know the first few days are going to be difficult whilst your body detoxes from rubbish. Though after that it will not be so bad.

My parents have gone home and we have returned home after a day of being away from our home. It seems quiet in the house now my parents have gone kind of empty. It will take me a few days to get use to it again. I need a few days also to recuperate I have over done it for the past few days. I am certainly feeling it now especially as my oxygen therapy is not available for two weeks. I will get increasingly tired and have fatigue. It is the hardest symptom I think to cope with.

My dog Rizzie is exhausted he does not know when to stop he has been playing no stop since mum and dad is here. The trouble is like the rest of us he is getting no younger. He is ten next month. I suspect he has mild arthritis and if he does too much exercise he is limping. He is recovered by morning with a good nights sleep. He is getting quite miffed (annoyed) when my DH goes for his 3 mile walk in the morning and he does not go with him. He is a real mans dog not that he is nasty to women but prefers men to women. So I have a miserable dog for 50 minutes as DH does his daily exercise. He goes on a smaller walk with me later when I am able to manage the walk as well with DH help.

Time to go and make a cuppa I hope I am not coming down with anything I just can't seem to get warm today Bye fellow chicks hope to be able to post properly tomorrow when I am having more time to do so.

purpleorc
Old 12-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #71  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, we had lovely sunshine today, but the temps had fallen quite a bit too (-20C) and only up to -18C tonight. Just stayed home and took it easy, only doing some light housework and wrote a letter and caught up on some emails. We had fish with a *few* baked fries, tomatoes and salad tonight. We only had a couple of goody stuff left over that didn't get to where is was meant to be, so DH put it away in his stash in a high, far away place, so I won't be tempted to nibble on any.

Well, it's back to the drawing boards for me, as I sure would like to make better progress in 2009 than I did in 2008. I sure wish the weather was better here; it's so cold to go for walks and we now live on a busy main road, so we will have to find a quiet place for walking. I'm really gonna have to push myself this winter, I think. Our poor landlord is getting quite discouraged with all this snow as we are almost buried and it's only December. I find it very difficult to walk in snow, so I'm gonna try out my ski poles and see if they can help me some.

HI PURPLE ~ nice to see you pop in today; hope you can get some rest over the next while. Good for your DH going out and doing some walking today. Does he not like to take Rizzie with him? My DH used to take NIKO out a lot, but since we came here, he has gotten out of it; and I'm not sure why. When we go to our lot, I take NIKO around for walks; maybe I will have to try to do that for a while and see how it goes. I'll give him a trial and see if he stays off the road; as there are big transports and all going up and down this road.

I have to go uptown to pay a bill tomorrow; my feet were just too sore by late afternoon last time, so we just came home and will try to go then. I'm gonna have to start small and go for only 10-15 minute walks and work my way up again, like before. Those long walks uptown really set me back for a day or two: oh well, live and learn, they say.

HI TO MEOWEE, AND VAL, and NUMPSTER!

Old 12-31-2008, 01:48 PM   #72  
Rosebud

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NUMPSTER!!!

Don't tell her that I told you this, but she's ... 4949494949494949494949494949494949494949!

HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE ONE!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-31-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #73  
Rosebud

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

HI LADIES ~ now I'm back for a chat; just wanted to wish NUMPSTER a Happy Birthday! We went up town today to run some errands and pay some bills, so I got some walking in today, but tried not to overdo it this time.

Then we stopped in our local department store and picked up a super deal on videos and dvds for only $1.00 each! Yes, I said $one buck$ each! I got a BELLY DANCING for beginners; I WANT THOSE ABS; POWER YOGA for beginners; A PILATES workout for everyone; YOGA for Weightloss; LATIN DANCING for beginners; AB SCUPTURE; and FAMILY YOGA. All of these are for improving your fitness and health in some way; even those with the ab toning cover the whole body too.

So I should have lots to do this winter indoors; I was concerned about all this cold weather. It doesn't exactly beckon you outdoors; so maybe with all the tapes and dvds I have now, I can find something to burn energy and tone up at the same time. Now, I have to set up a schedule and will try to spread it out over the week.

DH got some videos too; some of his favorite shows and movies. The manager of the store shipped in 8000 for this deal; that's a nice gift to the customers here. I thought they would cost more than that; OOPS ... my friend thinks that they are actually previously viewed movies and that's why they are so cheap. Apparently, they rewrap them and sell them at rock-bottom prices. Gee, you learn something every day!

PURPLE ~ I forgot to mention that my rings are too big for me too; I have to wear my wedding band on my middle finger as it is too loose for the ring finger. I went from a size 9 down to a size 6.5, but on days when I am a bit puffy, I am a size 7. I can wear my engagement ring on the ruby ring finger and the band on the middle for now. I had to put clear polish on the inside of the band as I have a metal allergy and that helped some. I don't wear them all the time now, as I often take them off to do the dishes and forget to put them back on.

Well, it's time to go put my feet up and rest them or I'll pay for it tomorrow. We are just staying home with a quiet NEW YEAR'S EVE this year. Usually, we have friends over, but we had them at Christmas instead. We've had enuff celebrating for this year anyways.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-01-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:31 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 245/230/145

Height: 5'4

Hi to everyone--I am new here but would love to join your group. Weather is cold here in Kansas---gotta love the wind too!! Hope everyone has a happy new year!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #75  
MSer living healthy

Hi everyone

Happy New Year for 2009

It still remains very cold here it has not gone above freezing and we also have fog which is a dangerous combination for anyone driving at this time of the year.

DH is out of the house at the minute walking Rizzie (dog) more than likely they will have gone for a 3 mile walk which I can't do. Plus with the weather being so cold I have been staying indoors so not to trigger my trigeminial neuralgia which does not act well in cold weather and is a known trigger factor for me. I have just finished doing 25 minutes on my whole body vibrator I have found leg muscles that I didn't knew that existed If I feel like it later I may have a short session of about 7 minutes.

I visited my sister the other day and the children where showing me their wii fit board. ( Christmas present to all 4 girls from their parents) Needless to say they dragged me up to have a go on ones that did not have too energetic moves I did the Slalom skiing and ski jump. I would love to have one of these as it has a whole section on balance and I know that MSers have have benefited from this. Trouble is that they are so expensive so I will not be getting one anytime soon. We are saving for the deposit on our car which we change this month. I am entitled to a car due to my poor mobility but some cars (the bigger ones especially) require a deposit. So we are saving like mad to give ourselves the biggest choice of cars to choose from. I can't believe that 3 years have nearly gone by it does not seem that length of time. You have the car 3 years then change it. You keep it for 5 if it is heavily adapted to suit your needs.

ROSEBUD I won't tell a soul that you told us when your sisters birthday was Sounds like something my sister or I would do to her

It sounds like your ring sizes are different to ours in the UK here they are letters rather than numbers. I have looked at the conversion chart on the INTERNET and it says I was 7 3/4 (P1/2) and have gone to 5 (J 1/2). So we have both lost a lot around our fingers. I feel naked at the minute without my rings on my fingers but it will be nice that they fit rather than dropping off my finger. You sound like my Mum and sister regarding an allergy to metal. Mum and my sister it is gold but fine with silver. Mum did not find out until she had her wedding ring . But since then Dad has bought her a lovely silver one. Not that there is much choice of nice rings in silver.

DH normally takes Rizzie with him on his walks but occasionally he has a limp. I suspect it is the starts of arthritis. So if he has these symptoms only small walks are in order not to aggravate it. He is not a young as he once was. Mind you neither are any of us To be honest Rizzie is the shadow of my DH he can not even get into the bathroom without him The only time he is not his shadow the minute he heres the shower go on for my DH he sits the furtherest place away namely the lounge Thats because he hates water with a passion.

NUMPSTER Belated happy birthday to you. I hope you had a wonderful day.

3turkeys to 3fc and to this thread. Here you will find a great bunch of ladies who have different challenges in life. You will find it is nice to find someone who really understands your struggles that you have on a daily basis. Look forward to getting to know you over the next few weeks and months

Must go to check on the lunch as I have it cooking at present. Do not want burnt offerings for dinner Take care everyone

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 01-01-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Closed Thread