Breakfast foods advice

• My husband has watched me read threads from these forums and he has a question regarding breakfast foods. He has low blood sugar. He has started eating oatmeal and a cup of black beans most mornings at breakfast (sometimes only the black beans). He says he feels good after doing so, and doesn't get too hungry before lunch. But he is wondering if this is too many carbohydrates given that he tends toward low blood sugar. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.
  • I believe those two carbohydrates are complex carbohydrates and won't affect the blood sugar level too much. They take longer to digest and won't cause blood sugar spikes.
  • It's the best thing to eat. My blood sugar is on the low side of normal and I'm insulin resistant so I have to be careful with what I eat otherwise I'll feel sick. I have oatmeal for breakfast every day and it's great because it keeps me satisfied for a few hours. As long as there is no added sugar in the oatmeal it's one of the best breakfast foods to have. Beans are good too as they are complex carbs... as dominic said.
  • I have an issue with low blood sugar too and beans are great.