Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 07:32 PM   #31  

Default Hey

Happy- I'll give you a hint...I got me a food scale and used my measuring cups and still do ,when I am being good. I did not measure the free veggies ,but ate and still do all I wanted. I am not a good guesser of amounts of foods. Thanks for the info on pasta and potatoes. Pasta has gone up a point and potato has gone down a point. I like both but I guess I will limit my pasta. I feel that I have been eating too much of it anyhow.At least more often than I should.
Meme.. I sure hope you feel better soon. My nephew has it too. I think it must be going around. I hope I don't get it. It was me that told you all about Boca Burgers. I buy them at Sams.You can get them at the reg. gro. stores too. They are all veggie,soy, and only 1 point. I love them. They make a good sandwich. We eat hardly any beef and you can season them and they taste much like a burger.
Ally ..the fun is in the flirting.. When it gets serious sometimes the fun runs out the door. I say make them chase.
Memi.. I ate all wrong today too. My son brought supper from Carraba's. Sooo sinful and I don't want to even think of the points it cost me.I'll start again tomorrow. I made him take the leftovers home. I would have ate them all.
Candice -do you work at night? Is that why you are up at night?Or can't you just not sleep?
Bye ... Joanne
Old 01-24-2002, 08:03 PM   #32  

Thanks Joanne. Like you, I am terrible at measuring, so will have to resort to my scale and measuring cups.

Go look at this - it is so cute.

http://www.sillyfun.com/funpages/inheart.htm

Anne
Old 01-24-2002, 08:10 PM   #33  

Here is one more for all of you. It best acknowledges what we do here, I think.

http://198.65.138.53/platinum/magiccard.cgi

And thank you all for that.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:35 AM   #34  

Joanne...Hubby needs his sleep cause he works outside the home...duh...and he has sleep apnea and uses the c-path machine to sleep at night and it bothers me and we don't have another bed right now so I stay down in my chair untill I think I can fall asleep(so I won't wake him). Sometimes I fall asleep in my recliner but that is hard on my neck and I get more sleep in my own bed! He used to tell people that he had not had a goodnites sleep since he got married and blamed it on me, so I just let him sleep! I don't like it that way, but what else am I gonna do...he is a bear without sleep too! I want my own room like Meme!

Happy..welcome to WW again!LOL

My arm is hurting bad again..wonder why????????????
Old 01-25-2002, 06:22 AM   #35  

Default Hi guys

Hello-9 more days-thank God for phones. Candice-what about soft foam ear plugs. I have an air purifier at home so I use them and now I am used to them . It also cuts down on hearing snoring. Happy-Congrats on WW. When I rejoined, I also found out that I ate right but too much. I was good yesterday but probably ate too much but I walked and swam which I will do today, It's going to be 80 again. I'm also going to start using weights. Alison's other grandma said her shoulders hurt less when her muscles are strong. I used Alison's 3 lb weights yesterday and I can tell. My rib thing is gone so I will do it but get lower weights for now. Al uses them to increase her strength to push her wheelchair. She has great muscles. I'm going to get my haircut this am-I use the curling iron and it just gets straight again as soon as I go outside and in the pool so I will get it shorter.Going out to eat again for Al's other grandma's bd. I'd better walk a lot. Meme-feel better-get some zinc!!!!with C. Coldeeze-it works. Hi to all. Mima Have a good weekend Ally-and Joanne.
Old 01-25-2002, 07:25 PM   #36  

Default Hey

Cancice- I admit that the men who work need their sleep but so do you. No wonder you are in so much pain all the time.
Mima- I hear you counting the days. I am trying to get on the right tract with my eating. I got so flustered dealing with insurance that I really overdid it yesterday.
Hello Happy. I sent that little ditty to my daughter and sister.
I hope you are better Meme...Hello Ally.
Bye...Joanne
Old 01-26-2002, 01:38 AM   #37  

Jonane.that is what my doc says too...but you can't
tell DH that..he acts like I can come up but then if he doesn't sleep he blames me for it! When My kids were little and kept me up all night with there ear infections he would lock me out of the beedroom and put a towel under the door so no light would come in. I'm glad I never had to work outside the home but when I did try he just made fun of me( not earing enough money) and so it was not worth the health problems it caused me! You didn't know you were opening a can of wroms did you?????????

I made choc chip cookies tonight...I ahd a recipe that called for applesauce instead of a lot of butter. 2pts per cookie and they are ok.teh cookies turn out soft of course but are very tasty. I had to use parchment paper so they didn't spread out and stick. I still like my old fashion ones for 3 pts!
Old 01-26-2002, 02:37 AM   #38  

That's more like a barrel of worms if you ask me!!!
Hey...Candice...come live with me!!! My room is big enough for both of us and I have two computers!!! I'll bring one of the desks in the basement up for you and put it where my keyboard is and you can have your own desk and everything! Only one drawback...you'll have to share the bathroom with Sammy! It didn't take much convincing for my husband to move to another room! He goes to bed at 10:30 and gets up at 5:30...I go to bed at 5:30 and get up at 10:30! He never did complain though. Even if I sat up until 2 a.m. with the lamp on and read...he still didn't complain...he can sleep through an earthquake. He just didn't like having to be quite in the morning and try to find his socks in the dark!!! Now we watch TV together until the news goes off and then we go our separate ways...on different ends of the house! (Except for a couple of times a month...heehee)!

If you have a spare room you should at least get you a daybed and put in it...you could even find a used one and just get a new mattress. That way you could at least lay down! I have a futon with a bunk on top, sleeps 3, in the play room (we took our small bedroom and made it into a play room after the rugrats started arriving) There's a queen size bed in hubby's room and a king size water bed in mine! We also have 3 couches...lots of places to lay down!!! You need to assert yourself and declare your needs...tell your hubby to get you a bed or you'll start sleeping with him again! That should work!

As far as the working situation goes...I HAVE to work...I have to have my own money...even if it's just enough for lunch out and a book I want to read...plus...I have to have something to do...just for myself! I don't make a lot...my daughter pays me pretty good for babysitting, then I get $10 a lesson from piano students. I do some mystery shopping and get everything from free meals at restaurants to $20 for a 10 minute bank job and now I'm selling Avon which pays from 20 to 40 percent, depending how much you sell. I buy all my own clothes and other little things I want. Hubby says I'm too independent...he may be right but having my own spending money makes me feel better about myself! I've done a little bit of everything: taught school (substituting), babysitting, made clothes for people, painted sweat suits and even made ceramics. I once thought I wanted to start a Day Care so I took in 12 kids for the summer...by July I had already changed my mind! But, ultimately, it is my life and I have to do what works best for me as long as it isn't hurting anyone else. I think that is the key to having a life!

Last edited by MemeToo; 01-26-2002 at 02:40 AM.
Old 01-26-2002, 06:36 AM   #39  

Default hello

Hi guys-I finally called the doc yesterday-I think I've had a urinary tract infection for the last week and a half. Such a nice office-they called in Cipro-yes, I won't get anthrax either-long distance and my insurance was accepted. I have been achy and have a lot of pressure to go pee but I wasn't sick. So i will be on the mend soon.I've been lifting 3 lb weights and my shoulders feel so much better. I'm going to buy some to walk with. Should be great for the osteoporosis. Candice, my best friend has sleep apnea and she bought a special bed but she also slept in a separate room from her husband. That's a very difficult situation-sleep is so important for us. I hope you can work it out. Went out to eat last night-I had salmon-staying home tonight. Meme-are you feling better. I,m 63 and I like to work-I am going to do the book keeping for Brad's business. I love to work with numbers. And I'm going to earn my last 2 quarters to collect social security since I won't be doing the teacher testing as much-at least for now. I'm only going to do 2 days in May just to see everyone but I will be very busy moving and decorating. After being away these last 2 weeks, I know I won't go that far away for a while. I think I'll get my car washed today.Maybe go to the mall for the weights. Bye for now. Mima
Old 01-26-2002, 09:29 AM   #40  

Default Hi

Candice- Maybe this can of worms should be opened and dumped out and stepped on!!!You do not have to put up with abuse. Perhaps you should throw him out of the bedroom with his machine. I would have thrown him out of the house long ago. Where are your kids? Are they grown?At sometime in their lives they should take care of mom. It doesn't matter if you make a little or a lot of money at any job you do. It is how it makes you feel about yourself. Ignore him. It is not worth the upset. Go out and buy yourself a bed and charge it to him. If he complains let him know how many doors are in your house. I have done that myself a few times. Cut off his goodies. !!That should get the message to him.My hubby is of the old school and greek. He thinks I have to be in that bed every night with him.. So he knows he has to give to recieve. I read also and if the light bothers him I put the cover over his face. He snores like a train and I turn him over. I have two bedrooms and a pull out couch. He can use either one if he chooses. In 48 years he has stayed put. I'll get off the soap box..Now all I have to do is convince my hubby to share the car. He thinks that he has to be behind the wheel everytime the car leaves the driveway. But the traffic is so bad down here I have stopped fighting it. I guess we all have something to put up with.
Mima.. Drink plenty water,but, you know that. Stay out of hot tubs and saunas. I got the worst infection from those one time. Hey Happy,Ally... Joanne
Old 01-26-2002, 11:31 AM   #41  

Default Hello

Wow!!! That is a BIG can of worms. Hubby and I only have a double bed and manage to sleep just fine in it everynight. I don't have a problem sleeping, USUALLY. Some nights I can't sleep, so I get up, go to the living room, put a blanket over me and read until I get sleepy, then I go back to bed. He snores also, so if I wake up and hear him, I have to push him on to his side - pretty easy, really. I do know, I HATE sleeping without him. He is so nice and warm

Meme, like you I want to have my own money. I am feeling so much better these past weeks (as good as I have felt for years) that I am thinking of getting myself a part-time job in February. I have also started taking a new product called RECOVERY. It rebuilds tissue etc., at the cellular level. Only one of it's kind and you can only buy it in a few states in the USA. It is made in Canada, and I have been taking it for 1 week and coupled with the Spectra 12 and the Upper Cervical, I feel like I am getting more and more of my life back each day. I still have pain, but mostly it is minimal. I will never NOT have pain, so I do the best with what I have. You are right MEme, and I am the same - just a very independent person. I look after all the money and my hubby doesn't care what I spend, but that is really not the issue at all. I also enjoy the social aspect of work.

Mima - hope the infection goes away soon. Just stick to walking for a few days. Oh, young love, it brings back such nice memories, doesn't it? I am so happy for you Mima - life is about being happy isn't it? Doing what fulfills us and makes us happy. At least I am pretty sure it is. That is how I prefer to live mine anyway.

Joanne - Hello. I am doing ok on this diet. Starting day 3 today. Pretty easy. I made those muffins and they looked so soupy when I mixed them up, but they baked up beautifully and are really, really good. My daughter sent me a bunch of recipes the other day, and there is one that is made with tortilla shells (6" ones) and you put chocolate in them. If anyone wants that recipe I will put it in here for you. Both my daughter and her best friend have been going to ww for 1 1/2 yrs. and they have both lost about 75 pounds. They are soon finished with the diet part and get on to maintenance. I think that is so good, and I have lots of help with questions.

Ally - how are you doing, you man magnet? You should try this ww as well. It has been years since I was on ww, and the last time the diet just wouldn't work, but this time, you can eat whatever you like, so it is pretty easy to stick on. You could even sneak in a cookie or so a day.

Hi Linsue and Jill. Where have you gone to?

Have a nice weekend everyone.
Old 01-26-2002, 01:03 PM   #42  

Default Hey There

Happy- I am so glad you are finding that WW is easy. I don't like to call it a diet though. I try to look at it as a eating plan for life. Because that is what it is for me. If I so much as eat out and don't watch very closely I can gain a few lbs.Good luck and be sure and let us know each week how you are doing.
Any good things you find out ,please, pass them on...Joanne
Old 01-26-2002, 02:27 PM   #43  

I like sleeping alone. It takes me months and months to get used to having someone in my bed. I lay awake most of the night listening to breathing and night sounds.
So, I guess it is good I am still alone and flirting. That might do for now.
It is 45 degrees in NY today. Will be warmer tomorrow. This has not been a painful winter for me. Am I wrong or is that true for some of you. Last winter we did a lot of whining about pain. This year we sound healthier.
Old 01-26-2002, 03:17 PM   #44  

Ally, it is 30 below zero here and really cold, and I don't ache at all because there is absolutely NO humidity. I don't like spring because it always gets me in pain. We shall see what this spring will bring, as I am feeling much healthier. Hopefully much less pain will be involved in my future.
Old 01-26-2002, 11:10 PM   #45  

Default Hello Everyone

I do hope to get to know all of you. I work as a cake decorator 4 days a week for Safeway Stores. You know, I really don't have much of a problem eating healthy at work, my weak point is at home. I joined TOPS again recently with my sister, Carolyn. We both need to lose at least 50 lbs.
I also enjoy reading, walking when the weather is nicer and I'm not in so much pain...

Did anyone watch Oprah recently? She had a show on weight loss. What did you think about it?
It's snowing here tonight, it sure looks pretty. I didn't get any exercise in the last few days. I pulled a muscle in my shoulder again and have been going to physical therapy every week for it.

Have a great dieting week....Linda
Closed Thread