Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 12:25 PM   #16  

I'm soooooo jealous....I WANT SNOW! Send me some! It is in the 70s here and looks like it's going to start raining any minute. I have to go to town and do some running around...hope it holds off until I can pick up Ross and get back home!

I PASSED MY EXAM! there were 35 problems a form to make and an image map...that's one of those big pictures you see on websites that have different areas in them that you can click on and go to other pages...the only thing I did wrong on the whole test was he said he could click ALL my little check boxes on one problem and he was only supposed to be able to click ONE of them! Guess I wanted to give the people more than one choice...

I feel a little better ...more rested! I'm so hungry...haven't eaten yet today...I'm trying to wait until I get hungry to eat, that seemed to work really good for me before when I did that. But now I'm really hungry so I think I'll go to McAllisters and have a chicken salad sandwich...hope you all have a good day.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:43 AM   #17  

Default Hello

Again kudos to you Meme!!Working on the computer is better than doing housework all the time-and babysitting.But some is good. I think I'll go to yoga at the senior center and be careful. Went for a long walk with my aunt yesterday.And lunch.The waitress now knows what we like to drink-but we only have one and I take a nap when I get home. My stomache has been flipping out in the evening and it might be from the osteoporosis med. which I am taking for 2 weeks.I won't take it today and see. Snow!!!It will soon be here also.But today it is in the 70's. Have a great day everyone-Hi to all. Mima
Old 10-24-2001, 09:54 AM   #18  

Default Hi

Happy- In the 30s and snow! In the 70's for Meme. It is supposed to be in the 80s here today. It has been very humid here.
Meme - You are so smart! I do well to do the little I do on the computer. I got started late. I typed in H/S and then didn't touch a typewriter till just a few years ago. That is almost 50 yrs.
Mima- I hope you feel better . Maybe your vacation will turn out to be great.. I hope so..
Ally - I fell flat of my face in Mexico once- Not because I had 2 beers but because the sidewalk had a crack in it and I am a cluts.
I have been having some fairly good days. I just seem to be busy all the time and have no free time for myself. Something is always there for me to do. So on that note.I guess I will strip the bed and get started...Bye you all..Joanne
Old 10-24-2001, 07:23 PM   #19  

Hi Guys.....Had things to talk about but I have to go kill my kids. My sons have gotten too big for their britches. One son had a party while I was gone, the other one just got home over an hour late from work and I was frantic.
Gonna call their dad and say that these stupid cars he helped them get are outta here.
Arrrrrghghghghggh!
Old 10-25-2001, 07:46 AM   #20  

Default Hello

Hi all!Ally-when my son got his car he got out of control but you can control the keys I hope.It's so tough bringing up teenagers as a single woman. I can't believe I survived and my middle one sent me on a run. And he's great but h had to learn consequences for his action and it took a while. Hang in there and do your job and don't give up on them.I don't know if I had a stomache virus or diverticulosis attack but my stomache has not been good.That's enough!!!!That's the third thing I've had in 3 weeks. And none real bad.Got a call from my close friend whose 8 year old is in the hospital with swollen cheeks and they don't know what's causing it.I hope it's nothing serious.Have a good day wherever you are!Mima
Old 10-25-2001, 07:23 PM   #21  

Don't worry... I didn't kill any body. BUT one of my sons got a speeding ticket which means he looses his license for 60 days. Yeah. They got independent too soon. Once they can grab their keys and hit the road, you loose your ability to keep track of them.

Gotta weigh myself tomorrow. I was feeling that I might not have gained while on vacation, but today I am in PMS and ate cookies.
Also have a bunch of brand new broken veins on the knee where I fell. Wierd. I don't know why this happened a week after the big fall.
At first I thought I had Anthrax........
I'll let you know what the damage is tomorrow. If you don't hear from me figure that I am starving myself...........
Old 10-25-2001, 10:40 PM   #22  

Default Hi

Meme - first of all congratulations on passing that exam. Good work. Also, I hope your job works out great for you.

Mima - I do hope you are feeling better. If it isn't one thing it is another.

Joanne - Hi. Well our snow is almost gone. By the weekend it will be. This is just the teaser, to let us know what we can expect

Ally - I feel sorry for you. Two teens, the same age - WOW!! with cars. Mine we 7 years apart, so I had one grown when the other started. I can tell you the worst day of my life, was when I saw my daughter drive away in the little truck my hubby had. It was a small Datsun and only held one other person. Felt reasonably safe she couldn't get to many in the cab . Also, she was a speeder. My son is a responsible driver - always was. His old truck he bought didn't even have a working speedometer, and still he was never speeding. Thank goodness they do grow up.

Hi Candice - hope you are doing ok.

I pulled the muscles in my back over a week ago. It felt really good on Sunday and Monday and then on Tuesday, it is like the rib thing in the front, but it is in my back. Still at the side, but instead of going into the front, it is coming around my back. Hurts like he**. I have to think this is a flare from my last week inflammed muscles. I just wish it would go away, because it hurts to breath. Yes, I am complaining and I am sorry, but gee whiz, it hurts.

Hope the rest of you are feeling good.
Old 10-26-2001, 02:00 AM   #23  

NOT...feeling good that is! Thanx for the congrats! The next 5 lessons are on writing java script...hmmm...might not do so good on that...it looks really hard. You know the little boxes that pop up when you go to a page and you have to click ok on them and sometimes a page has moved and it says you will be directed to the next page in so many seconds etc...well...that's done with "java script" codes...so are all the applets that run on pictures with effects like lakes, snow etc. Complicated stuff! I got one of those stupid things in the mail THREE times in one day that kept popping up and saying are you getting mad yet, etc...lasted so long I finally closed down my computer and started over with the last one! 2 of them were from the same person and I sent her a nasty email and told her if she sent me another one I was blocking mail from her. Hubby got one of those where he works and couldn't get out of it...nearly crashed his computer. I made one last night that popped up and said, "Don't forget to bookmark this page"...it wasn't too hard to make but I dread the really complicated ones.

Cookies...UGH! Had the kids over for dinner tonight...fried chicken of all things...and made those Pillsbury cookies that the dough is cut in the little squares and all you have to do is bake them...long story short...I ATE THREE!!! I'm not losing anything!!! I'm going to join WW in Cookeville next Tuesday...I've already decided.

Have to go Birthday Shopping for my granddaughter tomorrow...I can't believe she'll be FOUR already! Then tomorrow night I'll have to get groceries, along with eating out and going to the funeral home. A good friend of ours died yesterday. So sad but he was in so much pain...cancer. He'd been sick for about 6 years. Then Saturday I have a funeral and a BD party BOTH AT 2. I asked Daugher-in-law to move the BD party up to 3 but she won't...said her sister had to be back in Nashville for something...whatever!!! Guess we'll just have to be late...can't be helped.

Do any of the rest of you hurt really really bad in your neck, shoulders and upper back? Mine is absolutely killing me! And since all the rain, my LEFT hand is now hurting almost as bad as my right one. Both knees are swollen to the max and my right foot hurts so bad I can't stand it. BooHoo...crycry...complaincomplain! Sorry...have to let it out sometimes. Too much to do and don't feel like doing any of it. Wish I didn't have Jenna tomorrow. By the time I drag her all over Cookeville BD shopping, home for nap, back and get Ross at 3, home and get ready for the funeral home, back and eat, funeral home and groceries...I won't be able to do Saturday! WhineWhineWhine!!!

I'm losing this weight!!!
WW here I come!!!

I'm through now!

Last edited by MemeToo; 10-26-2001 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-26-2001, 07:09 AM   #24  

Default Hello

I'm feeling better-Boy Happy-can I relate to you. Right now it's only my neck but I'm going to the Y to swim this am. Took an hour for me to figure out that my car battery was dead-not my remote starter-AAA came in 10 minutes so off I went. Fibro sucks and I think the change of seasons makes it worse.I slept lousy last night-kept waking up and when sleeping, I was having usual nutty dreams. My little friend is home from the hospital and they don't know what makes his cheeks swell. Gotta go get ready-Have fun everyone-Meme, Happy Ally Candice feel better. Mima
Old 10-26-2001, 09:56 AM   #25  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody- We may finally get some cooler weather for this weekend.
Meme- I think you will like WW- I have been with them it seems like forever. I have not been able to get off these last few lbs. I want to lose though. I just stay the same no matter what.
Ally- Teen agers are really hard. Losing his driving for sixty days for speeding should tell him something. They have to get into their 20s sometimes before they wake up to the fact that they don't know everything. All the parents can do is try to protect them.
Happy are you sure you don't have a cracked rib? I sure hope you feel better soon.
Mima, Candice , Have a good weekend and I hope you are better soon.
Yesterday I went for my usual walk but was only able to do 2 miles. I think every bone I had hurt. I guess it is just the weather. It was real humid. Things should be better soon.
Bye for now...Joanne
Old 10-26-2001, 10:26 AM   #26  

Hi. I was just thinking that if any of us came in contact with Anthrax - would they just tell us it was FM. All those flu like symptoms, that is what we experience most days! Just thinking outload.
Old 10-26-2001, 05:39 PM   #27  

Well I spoke too soon for my arm the last 3 days it has been bad and my right one too. I have been trying to behave and not use it too much! I had to cancell two therapy sessons this week cause it was too windy for me to drive with my bad arms and it is a 45 minute drive on the interstate! They even had wind advisorie out! I will go again Monday. They lady who helps me to clean was here Tues. and I may have over did but it didn't seem like it at the time!!!!!!!!!! I am suppose to stay off the puter too!

It is too cold for me..I can't seem to get warm since I have no insulation!!

Meme...Congrat too! You are just so smart, wish you would share your brain with me!I am just sticking with my WW program and am determined not to have a break down and eat junk all the time or too much ar once. You just have to learn your limits and watch your portions and sweets....or carbs..just everything in moderation. I need to get back to exercising but PT won't let me do any upper body right now! Just had an english muffin and a hot cup of lemon tea! 2pts!!!!!!!!!!! I try not to eat out much either. If I am out I eat one of those shaker salads for McDonalds(ceasar chicken..yummm!)

Hi Ally, Happy, Joanne, and Mima...........Happy you are right about the FM and anthrax...they would never believe us!

Too much typing ..I gotta go!

Here is me and DH..........
Old 10-26-2001, 06:34 PM   #28  

Nice picture Candice...you two look like newlyweds.
FIBRO PAIN.....oh yeah. It has to be hitting us all cause it is the change of seasons. We may get snow this weekend. And it is PMS time for me so I am cold and feel like I broke my back...
Happy....yeah, we probably all have anthrax. The only thing I know is that I feel we have strong immunity as our systems fight so much to keep us healthy. I remember my Doc telling me to skip the Flu shot; that Fibro people don't get really sick all that often as their body is usually in a pre- sick mode.
Teens....OK, I got one kid from behind the wheel. And the other I just caught letting his girlfriend (bimbo plus) drive his car. I am Sooooooo mad at him, and his girlfriend laughed as I yelled at him in the parking lot of his job. This is scary....when your son all of a sudden thinks that his friends and girlfriend mean so much more to him than his family does. He was playing "cool" in front of me....
The good news is....I didn't gain any weight on vacation. I suspect I may even have lost a pound or two but those cookies and a few other miscellaneous treats didn't help. Meme, someone's kid I work with was selling boxes of those frozen cookie dough things and I baked them all and ate part of the batch that burned. No more.
Old 10-27-2001, 02:23 AM   #29  

That's odd...the Drs. all told me I SHOULD get my flu shot because I was "prone" to infections anyway. I guess it was because my blood count is always so low due to the gold shots, though, come to think of it. I have no resistance to infections.

I am really disappointed...I wanted to start WW on Tuesday but they meet at 10:45 and my mom has a dentist app. at 10 so I'm not going to get to go. Seems something like that always happens to me. I can't tell her to change it because she has had it scheduled for 6 months and also I don't want her to know I'm trying to lose weight. She always trys her best to get me to eat if she knows I'm on a diet (also, she tells everyone she knows that I'm on YET ANOTHER diet! I checked WW out on the net and I can join via the internet and have access to all kinds of neat stuff. I've talked it over with hubby and about decided to do it that way since it is going to be such a hassle for me to go to meetings...plus it is about 15 miles from here, too. He said he'd try to do it with me if I can figure out how many points he should be eating. Do any of you that are on it have a chart or something? He's 56, 6'4" tall and weighs about 245. And how about me (if you have a points chart). I'm 54, 5'9" tall and weighed 192 this morning!!! I need to lose about 50 pounds...maybe a little more! I don't even like to think about it!!!

Not only did a good friend of ours die Wednesday but I just found out today that my Uncle in Michigan had a massive heart attack and fell in the shower and broke his hip sometime yesterday. He lives alone and a friend found him this morning. He is now on life support. Then I found out I have an Aunt in NC who is in the hospital and my Dad's brother (also in NC) fell and broke his hip AND his kidney's are failing so they couldn't do surgery right away! Talk about when it rains!!!

About the FM and anthrax...the symptoms of FM are so similar to the flu I never know I'm getting Flu until my temp goes up over 100 and/or I start throwing up or something. I was coming down with one of the worse cases of flu I'd ever had PLUS strep the day my son got married and didn't know that's what it was until the next morning when I woke up and couldn't swallow and took my temp and it was 103. A friend of mine Who I hadn't talked with in several years called me a couple of weeks ago and said she'd been diagnosed with FM and wanted me to tell her about it. I described it as best I could (there are sooooo many symptoms) and she said well...how do YOU feel when you first wake up in the morning...I said most of the time like a Mac Truck had run over me but sometimes, if I was lucky, it just felt like I was coming down with the flu!

Here you go Candice..you can have it all...and it is barely used!!!

Last edited by MemeToo; 10-27-2001 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-27-2001, 08:03 AM   #30  

Default Hello

You guys are so funny!I will try to find your pts Meme !I have been doing pretty good because I have nothing in the house more than 2 pts-snacks that is -unless I eat it all which I feel like I'm going to do with the low fat tortilla chips. But I did swim and walk yesterday. To me that is the secret-Can you swim Candice? I mean do you have a place to swim. ?Ok Meme-here's my list for sick relatives and friends updated daily. Yesterday my brother was diagnosed with hepatitis-don't know details yet . And it is being attibuted to his love of beer. I told my sister-in-law it may be a blessing in disguise as he can't drink. But I sur hope he gets better. He is such a great guy.Then there's my best friend but maybe her pulmonary disease is related to her sleep apnea-then my little friend who just got out of the hospital. Enough already!!!Because of the world situation, I feel that this is affecting me more than usual.I think I'll go to the Halloween Dance tonight. I have a mask from New Orleans and some beads.We have 3 raccoons in our dumpster.They cut a lot of trees down so they may have been displaced. have a great day everyone and feel better all. Mima
Closed Thread