Explanation of items on blogs

• Is there anywhere that explains the different items stated on a blog as I am not familiar with any of them.
  • I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for, but here is a list of acronyms typically used in posts (and blogs, too, I assume).

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...-acronyms.html
  • Not at all, but thankyou for the response.

The things that I don't understand are

Tags
    Categories
    Excerpts
    Trackbacks
    Custom Fields

They seem quite straight forward but how to use them. I did click on them to see what happened but still don't understand....
  • Sorry, I can't help with those terms. I am blog-ignorant.
  • Quote: Not at all, but thankyou for the response.

The things that I don't understand are

Tags
    Categories
    Excerpts
    Trackbacks
    Custom Fields

They seem quite straight forward but how to use them. I did click on them to see what happened but still don't understand....
    I'll try to help. You don't really need to use or worry about any of them. All I ever use is tags. Though I want to use categories but never get around to setting it up lol

Tags: These are just code words you can use that allow you or others to search and find specific posts about that topic. So if I am blogging about my dinner that night and working out on a treadmill I might put tags as dinner, treadmill. So you can just add any words you want and separate each one with a comma. You don't have to use it.

Categories: Same thing as tags in a way but instead of using a bunch of words you can just kindof organize the posts into specific categories if you want to. You don't have to use it. So if you want you can make categories like workouts, recipes, weigh ins, etc... and then organize your posts in those categories.

Excerpts: Is a small snippet of your entire post. So instead of showing the entire long post you can make like a paragraph of it to summerize and then have people click to read more.

Trackbacks: If you link someone's blog you can post it. It just lets the other person know their post has been linked.

Custom Fields: Lets you add extra little notes. Like saying your mood or such. It explains more here:http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Custom_Fields

Hope that helps